PDA

View Full Version : Is Larbel still making sabers??

imprissonedfett
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:33:43 PM
I've read some recent post about Larry not taking anymore ordereds for sabers. I guess this last project is what put him under. If this is true someone please confirm it in this post or if you have any other information about Larry please post it here.

Thanks

Romans Empire
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:43:47 PM
I don't know anything about that, but you can email him.

Getting it from the "horse's mouth" is always best.

imprissonedfett
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:46:54 PM
Roman do you have his email address i thought I had it but i must have misplaced it.

Romans Empire
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:49:32 PM
No, sorry, but I'm pretty sure his site should have contact info. :)

oohyeah88
Sep 14th, 2001, 09:36:38 PM
larbel@amer.net

He might have a few slots left from cancellations.

good luck!

imprissonedfett
Sep 14th, 2001, 09:43:28 PM
few slots meaning hes still making sabers and selling them??

Amber Padawan Learner
Sep 14th, 2001, 11:29:26 PM
Oh wow. I didn't realize that he had stopped. I certainly wish him the best no matter what he is doing these days.

JediBrain
Sep 15th, 2001, 12:22:33 AM
I *think* this is the jist of Larbel's retirment. PLEASE get the real story from him, as this is just what I remember hearing the last time someone asked this question. Basically, his projects have become so popular, large in scale, that the cash outlay he needs to start production is just menacing. And while he does have that money coming back, it filters in as opposed to coming back in a chunk. The cash flow is just too hard to handle.

Imagine paying $10g's to get a project started, then waiting several weeks/months for all the pieces to sell. You're sign ups dont all pay on the same day. Bidpay has a delay with payment releases, extras/cancellations go to ebay. It could be a while before you get that money back. He's often mentioned taking personal loans from a bank and things to get through a project. I cant blame the guy for needing to get back to normal, even if I do hate to see him go.

Brian