PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Custom lightsaber!

DorkmanScott
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:10:52 PM
Hey all, I'm looking to buy a custom lightsaber. I may just get one machined from one of my own designs, but to save time and ossibly money (I'm buying this for a fan film), I'm checking to see if anyone's got any MACHINED sabers they're looking to sell.

Stuff like RLSAsabers looks good, but I need something I can walk, run, etc. with, not something that would fall apart from walking down a flight of stairs.

Anyone? :)

M. Scott

GerrikGaan
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:46:20 PM
I have two of Rob's sabers(RLSAsabers). They are well built.

ShadowKnight626
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:46:27 PM
I have an RLSAsaber and I think it's built pretty good. It's very light, but it feels very solid. I got it off of ebay a couple of months ago. I think that it can be taken apart into three pieces, but the hardware is still locked tight aroung the seperations. I don't know if you've owned one yet, but this has been my experience with RLSAsabers.

Romans Empire
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:53:53 PM
Tim (Jedi135) just released 4 new custom designs, and from what I understand, he has more on the way.

He had some on eBay a couple days back. They should still be on there and were very affordable. :)

Padawan Bax
Sep 14th, 2001, 09:15:25 PM
DorkmanScott - The disclaimer that RLSAsabers has on his site is referencing a safety issue (so you don't hurt yourself or others with the saber while doing those things) rather than alluding to the quality of his work. I own several of his sabers and they are all excellent craftsmanship. You could definitely use them for what you need.

Hope this helps... :)

RoDann
Sep 14th, 2001, 10:07:45 PM
Geez, Dorkman, just HOW MANY sabers are ya buyin?;)

I'm putting a couple more up on ebay, but you probably already saw them in my old thread.

Jim

DorkmanScott
Sep 14th, 2001, 11:49:24 PM
Roman: yeah, I spotted those and bought The Shin. The other ones wouldn't suit any of my characters, but I keep checking eBay.

RoDann: yours, Tim's, and one more. This last one is specifically MINE so I'm extra picky. :p

Everyone: So RLSAsabers are okay for strenuous activity, he just says all that to cover his butt in case someone flings it at a friend or something?

DB: Check your mail.

M. Scott

Darth Brass
Sep 15th, 2001, 01:23:36 AM
I may have a saber of my own design that was milled by DRoDann for sale.
Please e-mail me at silverbone@hotmail.com for details and pics. Have a price range in mind...

Padawan Bax
Sep 15th, 2001, 09:05:30 AM
DorkmanScott - About RLSAsabers...you got it!

gavidoc
Sep 15th, 2001, 09:15:53 AM
http://gavidoc1.virtualave.net/images/sabre/3rdcustom/3rdsab01.jpg
http://gavidoc1.virtualave.net/images/sabre/3rdcustom/3rdsab02.jpg
http://gavidoc1.virtualave.net/images/sabre/3rdcustom/3rdsab03.jpg

I've got this one. Looking for 75. Has a covertech knob. Solid aluminum. Also comes with a covertech clip.

I can take better photos if needed.

email me.

gavidoc@hotmail.com

robmart
Sep 15th, 2001, 09:09:23 PM
Hey DorkmanScott- If you are interested in one of my sabers, I just listed a new one on ebay tonight. Check it out here cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayI...1006169449 (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1006169449)
Bidding starts at $1.00

DorkmanScott
Sep 15th, 2001, 11:06:08 PM
Rob, I really like the look of your sabers. It's just the disclaimer (especially the part about not intended for walking down stairs) that worries me.

Also...have you considered doing any sabers without bulky/extravagant pommels? That's the one thing about the designs that makes them slightly less appealing to me.

I like a lot of the sabers on your site, though. I just need them for belt/beauty props in a fan film during which the characters are going to need to do some moving.

(I like Saber #3, though...)

M. Scott

dropshipbob
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:36:23 AM
I think what the "walking down stairs" part refers too is having a BLADE in the saber hilt. If you do this you risk sever injury. If you are just wearing the hilt alone...everything will be fine. It will NOT fall apart if you walk down a flight of stairs with it. These babies are held together with machine screws. Aint nothing taking these apart without some work first! :)

ShadowKnight626
Sep 16th, 2001, 03:16:36 AM
One of the reasons I got mine was because of the emitter. If I can find the Ebay picture of it I will post it.