PDA

View Full Version : Who's trooper helmet do I have??

Draco Lawgiver
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:07:33 AM
I obtained a complete suit of armor pieces from a fellow Chicagoan prop collector a few months back; slowly but surely it's turning into a full costume. This was the same suit of armor that was seen on a fan film that was shown on the Sci-Fi channel's Star Wars fan film special hosted by Kevin Smith a few months back!

He told me who he thought made it originaly, but I just wanted some second opinions (no offense to my Chicago buddy! :) )

It appears to be an ANH Stunt (if I remember the requirements correctly), as it has the raised brow and green bubbled lenses. It's a very wide helmet (which is good for me) and it looks great. :)

The grey teeth are painted on, and the other details are stickers. The brathers are wire mesh. Inside, there is no foam paddding, just a simple head rest, like the kind you find inside of a hard hat. The helment itself is very tough and sturdy; a hard plastic and is not polished at all.

If you recognize the artist, please email me! francermak@juno.com. If you need me to answer any questions, I'm happy to do so! Thanks much!

http://www.heavengames.com/angels/draco/images/misc/helmet.jpg
http://www.heavengames.com/angels/draco/images/misc/helmet-side.jpg

Draco Lawgiver
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:34:46 PM
Jeez, no body has any ideas?

ShackMan
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:03:27 PM
I didn't reply, because I'm no expert. However, I don't think it's a stunt helmet myself. It looks too much like the AFX, Marco type helmets. Especially since you pointed out that it's wide. The ANH helmets that recently came out are pretty narrow in my opinion (I've seen one sitting side-by-side with my fan sculpted helmet). Add that to the fact that the ROTJ helmets were supposed to have been slimmed down, and it just doesn't add up.

I don't think it's an AFX helmet - but you might look toward it being a Marco or Altmann's. Not sure ... again, I'm no expert. :)

Good luck,

ATM

uzth4s
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:05:50 PM
It looks like a helmet that was made buy someone in Chicago.

Tim

Fatherless One
Sep 16th, 2001, 09:38:05 AM
Sorry for the (very) late reply, I can tell you this is not an Altmans helmet.

Good luck with your search,
Alan (from Australia)

JaseTheHACK
Sep 16th, 2001, 09:59:11 AM
This one has me a little stumped. I would probably say it's an early GF. The profile certainly looks like it. However from the front it looks like the trimmer has been a little creative with the way it's been finished.