PDA

View Full Version : My Stormtrooper armor your drum set?

Erik J Fox
Sep 14th, 2001, 11:01:36 PM
Hi,
I have a unfinished styrene cast copy of a Return of the Jedi Stormtrooper armor set and I'm looking to get a drum set in a trade for it (read: not broken or heavily damaged) since I need to learn and can't raise the money for it. Anyone? By the way, being in NYC my heart and condolences to all the families and friends of all the victims. I know it's hard enough on me having friends of friends gone, and for the first few hours I thought my uncle was included (thankfully he didn't make it to work on time). We've been doing our best at my school with volunteering at the Jacob Javits Center and have so far raised $1300 for the Red Cross. If anyone on this board can make further donations to your local Red Cross please do, especially socks and flashlights since that is what they are in dire need of right now. Thanks,
-Erik

masterjedi322
Sep 15th, 2001, 10:50:05 AM
I have a used drum set I'm looking to sell. It's a WJM Percussion 5-piece kit with hi-hat, bass pedal, and snare stand. I also have a used set of Headliner 14" hi-hats and a CJ Percussion Crash/Ride cymbal to complete the set.

I'm not really interested in a trade right now, but I can sell the whole thing for $450 shipping and handling included. Here's a pic. Let me know if you're interested. :)

http://www.tcnj.edu/~pallas2/pictures/drumsetm.jpg

Erik J Fox
Sep 15th, 2001, 12:10:46 PM
Forgot to mention that my email is erikjfox@yahoo.com.
-Erik

Dustin Crops Boy
Sep 15th, 2001, 12:17:11 PM
stormtrooper helmets make good drums - ask the ewoks :)

(sorry, had to mention it)

darthadaul
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:19:52 PM
Damn, I sold my drumset last winter. It Was a really nice kit, A Pearl Forum. 5 cymbals counting the hats, 5 piece with a double pedal. Used to played some punk rock with it, but the punk in me is gone now. All that's left is a Geeky skateboarder/snowboarder that builds props.

masterjedi322
Sep 15th, 2001, 05:29:53 PM
Sounds like a sweet set, Darthadaul.

I'm trying to raise money to get a new Pacific CXL set. :evil:

Hopefully my g/f will hook me up with a splash and china cymbal, and I'll be good to go. :cool:

westies14
Sep 16th, 2001, 11:24:09 AM
MasterJedi,

You could probably do well to make the trade and eBay the armor... Actually, for that matter, Erik could do well to sell the armor himself and buy a drumset.

darthadaul
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:11:44 PM
Splashes are good, BUT, it depends what size it is. Those small ones suck, but that's my opinion. Depends on what your looking to play on your set also.

Erik J Fox
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:15:15 PM
Westies -
Yeah, I was talking about that to b.alinger the other day and it looks like that's what I'll be doing. I'll have pics posted today or tomorrow for the board if anyone wants to save me the trouble of putting up a whole auction :) But what it is is a ROTJ Stormtrooper armor set unfinished, which means that the pieces aren't even cut from the extra plastic around them, which also means that it's perfect for casting molds off of (especially the helmet, which I hear was a major issue with the rest of the ROTJ suits). My email is erikjfox@yahoo.com
-Erik