PDA

View Full Version : Update in San Diego.....

pettibone2375
Sep 16th, 2001, 12:51:29 AM
We have called the local news stations and have received 3 different reasons..

1) military workings non terrorist.
2) Local racetrack (they are closed BTW)
3) The boat races possible fireworks.

The news was rea;l rude and said that they have been getting hundreds of calls about it.

Why not put it on the news then???

If it is the boat races and fireworks, why the HELL are they firing off fireworks at 10:00 PM?????????

I apologize if I started something, but myself and my family clearly heard 4 explosions and saw NO lights.

Thank you for your understanding and I apologize if it was just fireworks as the news says (over the phone)

Brandon
pettibone2375

saberlight
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:00:57 AM
Hey here in Jersey there has been no news as of 12:55pm please keep us posted

reinone
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:01:24 AM
I heard them, but not sure what it was. nothing on the news yet.

Onigiri
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:01:39 AM
nothing heard here yet. Keep us updated

ShadowKnight626
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:04:46 AM
Watching CNN and no news. Where's aStanze? My brothers live in SD. I'm about to call them.

Onigiri
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:09:59 AM
still nothing on the news
what gives?

reinone
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:10:08 AM
It sounded like a thunder. I thought that they were fireworks since I live close to a park.There is a weekend festival for Mexican independance day and they useally have fireworks.

nothing on the news yet

ShadowKnight626
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:11:26 AM
I got the answering machine. I live in LA and I just switched to local news and it's not on there. Where did you get this information?

StrangeloveDr
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:12:20 AM
I havent heard anything, and Im here in SD? Ive seen some giant flashes though, thought it might spotlights.

ShadowKnight626
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:17:06 AM
They just said that there were bomb threats at hurricane harbor six flags magic mountain, but nothing about SD. What gives? Anybody have any info?

viper at adnc com
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:35:40 AM
I'm in Alpine about 30~ miles east of SD no happenings here. looking out over SD, yes I can see the ocean from here, I see nothing. In fact My parents just got in from missouri on, you guessed it, AA.

Helmschmied
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:40:44 AM
WHOEVER MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE SEEN SOMETHING...KNOW THIS...IF YOU BULLSHIT OR EXAGGERATE ~ANY~ DETAIL YOU CAN FACE STATE AND FEDERAL PROSECUTION, ESPECIALLY RIGHT NOW

EVEN THE LITTLE STRETCHES OF TRUTH CAN COST LIVES AND DIVERATE UNNECESSARY ATTENTION AWAY FROM REAL THREATS...DONT SCREW AROUND!!!!!!!!!!

micdavis
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:50:06 AM
I'm in San Diego, haven't heard a thing.

pettibone2375
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:52:42 AM
Helm,

I am NOT in the business of spreading BULL$HIT either.

I do not know if that was personal to me or not.
If not, I apologize.

I am REALLY PI$$ED OFF that if it is fireworks, during a time like this, why was the public not warned. Also in BAD TASTE.

AGAIN.. I do not start threads if I feel it is not a serious matter.

Brandon
pettibone2375

ShadowKnight626
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:58:06 AM
pettibone2375 - I agree that they should have put it on the
news and that anything that sounds like
an explosion should not be used without
warning the public.

Am I the only one who now pays attention to planes in the air? I can't help but look to see where they are when I hear them. Maybe I'm just going crazy.

reinone
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:00:38 AM
No this was not a joke. I heard them

just found out that they Mexican celebrations were canceled due to tuesday's tragedy. So it wasn't that.

Helmschmied
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:01:23 AM
Brandon...it was NOT personal.Sorry if it seemed directed at you man.

Just a serious note to keep these posts as calm and logical as possible. Its impossible, for that matter, for any of us to really know how serious a post is based on the fact that internetland is full of jackasses trying to start rumors.

Lets keep it sane folks. If something happens, tell ONLY what you saw and heard....NO inferences as to what you THINK you saw---this leads to rumors, and rumors dont help. I live in DC and believe me, people are on edge...we dont need anymore of this crap scaring folks if its not certifiably a terrorist attack.

pettibone2375
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:02:29 AM
Thank you ShadowKnight626 as I am starting to feel real bad that this is just my fear of my area being attacked, and Helm.. No prob brother.

I am personally armed at the moment and will not allow ANYONE to do to my city what those bastards did to New York and Washington D.C.

I think I need to calm down a little and catch my bearings.

Again to all.. I apologize.

I had just heard the blasts and thought of the board and the members here that are in my area as the news was saying nothing.

Brandon

Helmschmied
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:08:23 AM
well ah..Brandon..dont shoot anyone unless you check with the board first....just a safecheck ok ;) Keep cool.

My grandma used to have a saying:
"if you were meant to hang, you aint ever gonna be shot"

h

ShadowKnight626
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:11:19 AM
I used to own a .38 special but I got rid of it when my son was born in January. Too many kids steal thier parents guns and run off to school to kill people. I figured that I would handle a situation like that right off the bat.

On the upside Tim's Plo Koon has some weight to it and could do a lot of damage to an intruder who isn't expecting a fight. :) Bop. Right on the head. Thanks Tim. :lol:

jhyphen
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:14:33 AM
Stay calm, brothers....

Tensions be high....

Helmschmied
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:18:21 AM
thank you Jhyphen...good to see a bit more coolheads in here.

on a different note, I now your local, so keep safe...God Bless.
Helm

jhyphen
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:26:47 AM
Same to you, Helm. We should get together soon and hang...put aside old, silly differences.

I'd love to see your handiwork.

aStanze
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:29:44 AM
Hey Dudes!:) I've been up and about all day, I was outdoors in the the late afternoon at Jst. in Chula Vista and heard "fireworks" sounds in the distant as well as by my Parents house in South San Diego(by San Yisdro Border crossing), but I'm so used to them because of Sea World(Marine Park) alway's setting them off, I probably didn't think twice about being alarmed about it, until I saw this thread. I heard it's Mexican Independence Day as well...there may be some local fireworks(illegal) and "celebratory" gun discharges(dangerous). I've been edgy, but more seething edgy than paranoid edgy.

-Stanze:)

P.S. I saw some dude(anglo-american) selling flags by the Soup Plantation this afternoon and he had them laid all over the ground.:mad: I felt like I was the only one that noticed this disrespect, because people were buying them like hotcakes.:rolleyes:

jhyphen
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:45:25 AM
Most people don't know flag etiquette.... I went to military school, so I'm pretty anal when it comes to treating the national colors.

ShadowKnight626
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:53:00 AM
My wife is Chinese, born in Taipei, Taiwan and moved here when she was nine, I think. When she was helping me hang our flag I told her not to let it touch the ground and she looked at me like I was crazy but she didn't let it touch. :)

aStanze
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:54:19 AM
Me too John, I went to the gas station and saw a tattered flag on the ground so I picked it up to give it a proper dignifed disposal...burning, have to find a spot where no one will get the wrong idea though.

-Stanze

StrangeloveDr
Sep 16th, 2001, 03:01:23 AM
Fiesta Island has firing pits.... but I'm don't think Fiesta Island would be a proper burial spot for anything, let alone the flag.

Army Scout
Sep 16th, 2001, 10:29:54 AM
Give all flags that need to be disposed of to your local VFW post. They can do the proper cermonies.

Chris

saberlight
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:47:28 PM
I want to thank you for posting this information no matter how it turns out as innocent or terrorist. We Americans at this time need all the information that makes up this recent history so that we can see clear what really happens , not some view of a so called historian who takes all his so called facts from authorized press releases. As for the people who are not stable enough to have level heads, that is an unfortunate fact of life. History should not be suppressed or lost to keep calm these reactive individuals. Some of these people are the nuts who are attacking all Arab looking peoples in these United States of America that are legally let in by the U.S. govt. in your name. If their is not to be a repeat of the camps that wrongfully held Japanese Americans that relieved them of their rights , property and diginity ,we must not be lost in emotion. We must direct our reactionary goverment to get the responsible individuals and not innocent humans who considered callaterial damage . These innocent people will then rightfully want revenge as they are just as human as us, anyone who thinks different is the heart of the problem. We must remember that the Irish are the same people with a religion problem. They are not training them to kill from birth as suggested by the media about the Arabs. We also had someone like Billy Graham bless are newest Holy War as we do in every was the U.S. has begun. Thank you again
lets have truth and justice

aStanze
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:49:31 PM
Thanks Chris, I'll do that.:)