PDA

View Full Version : Making the uppermost point on a Fett jetpack rocket?

PropReplicator
Sep 15th, 2001, 11:41:11 PM
As some of you know, I'm constructing my Fett jetpack from hardware parts. And I'm stuck with the very tip-top portion of the rocket/missle. I'm using the gopher poison container for the bottom section and a section of PVC for the ring just above it, but I haven't found a funnel that looks right for the uppermost part. Any other suggestions?

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=257116&a=9438504&p=54172461

Thanks.:)

FugaziSDC
Sep 15th, 2001, 11:53:43 PM
A few suggestions that might work...

1)Make a cone out of card stock (thick paper) and cover it in fiberglass resin. The cone will make an armature.

2)Make a cone out of thin sintra sheet. Sela the seam with hot glue or a strip of masking tape and paint.

3)Make a cylinder out of styrofoam and dope (seal) it up with gesso gel paint.

4)Turn a block of wood on a lathe to make the cone.

5)Go with the funnel

Good luck;)

Hope these ideas might help:)

PropReplicator
Sep 15th, 2001, 11:58:16 PM
Thanks. If I could find a paper cone cup the right size, I'd just pour some resin into it and pop out my rocket top.:/ Unfortunately, I haven't found one the right size.:(

Helmschmied
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:20:44 AM
talk about really feaking the authorities out...the rocket on fetts backpack looks mighty mean. hmm.be careful
H

blufive
Sep 16th, 2001, 09:05:47 AM
i'm not sure how expensive this would be but i noticed that hobby shops carry RC airplane parts that can help. specifically, the piece that goes in front of the propeller.

Boba Phat
Sep 16th, 2001, 03:17:22 PM
I made mine exactly that way. The restaurant that I bartend at has a whole stack of Dixie cone cups. The actual brand might be E-Don or some other restaurant supply company. I'll check the next time I go in to be sure. If you want I could mail you a bunch. My E-mail is: mojoday@netzero.net

PropReplicator
Sep 16th, 2001, 04:23:55 PM
Cool. I'll check restaurants and stuff. I've been keeping my eyes open when I'm at businesses, looking for a water dispenser and cone cups in the breakroom and stuff.;)

If I can't find one, I may ask you about sending me a couple. Thanks.:)

FugaziSDC
Sep 16th, 2001, 05:29:00 PM
Prop,
Check some gas stations as well. They often have paper funnels that they'll give away for free with fluid fills.;)

PropReplicator
Sep 16th, 2001, 05:34:57 PM
Oooooh. Good tip!! :) :) :) Thanks!!

Boba Phat
Sep 17th, 2001, 01:25:07 AM
I checked at work this afternoon, and the cups are made by a company called of all things: SOLO