PDA

View Full Version : "total recall' business card, what color?

LeMarchand
Sep 1st, 2001, 12:58:14 AM
Hi Guys,

I don't know if you saw 3 real ones up for auction on ebay by XFXPaul. I made a replica of them and was wondering. What's the color of the graphics. In the picture they appear to be black, is this right? I wish i could post the picture of the real one, but since i didn't ask PF for permission tot do so, and not having his e-mail addy, i can't.

Here's a pic of my graphic:
http://members.home.nl/shadowrunner/props/totalrecallcard.jpg

[EDIT] here's the pic of the Ebay auction cards is used for reference

http://members.home.nl/shadowrunner/props/recallcards.jpg

Thanks,

Marc

PaulF2000
Sep 1st, 2001, 02:35:35 AM
Hey man that looks great. Glad that someone was looking at those auctions. The Card is actually clear with embossed gold lettering and there were two versions used in the film. I guess this makes it only a little harder.

I know that with that artwork you should be able to find someone to print clear acetate cards, I see them all the time.

Keep watching those auctions, weird mix os stuff for sale. New huge prop auction coming up.

Hope this helps.

PS. Post that pic if you want.

here is the link: www.pixhost.com/pixt/tyma...lcards.jpg (http://www.pixhost.com/pixt/tymanusa/recallcards.jpg)

philippes
Sep 1st, 2001, 06:21:49 AM
Paul,

How sporting for you. Thank you very much for helping Marc on this.

Marc,

The artwork looks great. Let me know if you need any help with test output. Since I have an ALPS MD-5000DS printer that prints gold, as well as special transparency paper for use with this machine, I might be able to help you with some prototypes. I can also recommend a print shop that might be able to do the piece. Unfortunately, the printing company is in the US. Hopefully, you can find someone in the Netherlands that can do the work.

Phil

outlander
Sep 1st, 2001, 09:58:28 AM
I wanted those damn cards pretty bad. It was only after I missed the
end of the auction that I noticed that THAT particular auction of the lot
was on eBay UK. Instead of being three hours behind me, the auction
ended five hours before my time.

Very, very pissed to learn of my mistake.

JAs

LeMarchand
Sep 1st, 2001, 11:30:40 AM
Wow, thanks for those responses guys. I will have to check out over here if i can find a company that can print these. It is nice to know that Phil is willing to help if i am not succesfull (i'll keep you posted Phil).

I want to do some minor tweaking on the card and make a larger version of it to ensure the best possible quality.

I have also been thinking of designing a frame where 3 of these cards can be put in, would be nice to display them.

So, i'll do some more investigating over here in the Netherlands and keep you posted :)

Cheers :)

Marc

PaulF2000
Sep 1st, 2001, 01:17:21 PM
Hey guys,

I will post the actual dims for you here later. That way the size will be perfect. Also I found out that these are pretty common to have printed and 500 would cost around $80. I will try and get a photo posted of the other card as well.

Phil,
I fought a pretty nasty war that may have cost me my job to keep this place sane. I should be a more supportive member as a result.

Jeff,
Sorry to hear you missed the auction. Those were the last three pieces I had. I will be auctioning more Total Recall pieces and have a lot of cool stuff up right now.

I am thinking of posting some of my collection here and providing some reference photos. I can't support the repro threads as a maker, but reference can't hurt, can it?

PF2K

PaulF2000
Sep 1st, 2001, 07:48:43 PM
Here is the actual size:

3.5" x 2"

Hope that helps.

Paul

LeMarchand
Sep 1st, 2001, 08:37:55 PM
That's great :) Thanks. I am tweaking the pic, Phil is doing a test print of the graphic, can't wait to see the result.

Cheers,

Marc

mgoob
Sep 1st, 2001, 11:41:07 PM
"have a lot of cool stuff up right now"

What is your eBay handle, and which eBay (US or UK)?

philippes
Sep 3rd, 2001, 12:09:56 AM
I'll have test prints of these ready tomorrow morning. I'll post photos here.

Phil

LeMarchand
Sep 3rd, 2001, 11:31:28 AM
Phil mailed me that the rpint looked good. Want i want to do next is recreate the entire card in vector and find a shop. I also want to create a frame for them. keep you posted :0

cheers,

Marc

LeMarchand
Sep 6th, 2001, 07:32:32 PM
Did a testrun on ehite photopaper tonight, they looked very good. I want to enhance the pic some more and do a testrun at tha copyshop in gold.

Cheers,

Marc

P.S. Paul, these puppies are quite big, bigger than i had thought :) Are you gonna post a pic of that second one as well?

PaulF2000
Sep 6th, 2001, 08:37:41 PM
Marc-"P.S. Paul, these puppies are quite big, bigger than i had thought Are you gonna post a pic of that second one as well?"

I am, but with the fall of Artfx and the legal fallout now, I am reall busy. If I do post that photo, I will post it in the lost and found thread.

Paul

LeMarchand
Sep 8th, 2001, 07:15:33 AM
Paul,

Sorry to keep bugging you on this one :)

The gold, is it like the 'really shiny gold' gold, or that 'dull gold' gold :)

Cheers,

Marc

PaulF2000
Sep 8th, 2001, 10:31:28 AM
Marc-" The gold, is it like the 'really shiny gold' gold, or that 'dull gold' gold"

It's gloss, and looks like gold leaf.

Paul

LeMarchand
Sep 10th, 2001, 09:58:25 AM
Well, i finished tweaking the picture, don't think i can get it any better. I will do a test run at the copyshop today or tomorrow and post a pic here.

The copyshop can do them in some sort of simulated gold. Maybe Phil can get better results, or i might choose to have them silkscreened.

Cheers,

Marc

philippes
Sep 10th, 2001, 10:08:13 AM
Marc,

Hopefully, your people will be able to do it. If not, let me know.

Phil

LeMarchand
Sep 16th, 2001, 08:04:22 PM
Haven't had the time to have them printed, sorry. Probably more luck this week

Cheers,

Marc

Kassbek
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:31:39 AM
whoops wrong thread :/