PDA

View Full Version : Beeman's Gum........a Rocketeer Replica Prop Review

TheShadowe
Sep 15th, 2001, 08:48:14 AM
Now that the mail is coming through I can eagerly start receiving boxes again. Yesterday was one such day when I received a box with my two packs of BEeman's gum I ordered.
Firstly, the props themselves were packed with great care. I always take notice of that and people get extra points for care. There were styrofoam peanuts, then a hard box, then a baggie, and THEN and only THEN the Beeeman's gum. When I opened up the baggie the most incredible rush of spearmint smell came up. My gosh! And the wrapper, lets talk about the wrapper. It is perfect. Shiny just like one that you would buy off the racks. BUT this one has a copyright of 1932. Its just like what was shown in the movie The Rocketeer! Then Patrick adds an extra stick of gum, just so you can see the waxy details, the inside wrapper etc. How does he get the print so damn clear? Even the rip tabs on the pack are there in all their glory.
Some of you may look at this as merely a pck of gum BUT I tell you for a Rocketeer fan this gum played a HUGE part in the film and was shown in numerous occasions in the film. So to have a replica of it sitting nect to your Rocketeer helmet is VERY Very special. My hats off to Patrick on both ACCURACY....a ten, DETAIL....a ten, PACKAGING....a ten.
Thanks Patrick...........can't wait to see you your NEXT project!

LZeitgeist
Sep 15th, 2001, 09:37:06 AM
Wow.. thanks very much, Shadowe!

I'm really glad this came out like I'd pictured in my head - it's a simple prop, but working on it ended up being more time- and labor-intensive than I'd foreseen... however, I'm pleased with it. Glad to hear that everyone else seems happy with it, too. ::smile::

PropReplicator
Sep 15th, 2001, 10:17:24 AM
Hmmm. SOunds familiar, Shadowe.;)

Yep, I posted about this spectacular prop a few days ago. Patrick did an amazing job!!!!!!:) :) :)

I had to be sure to tell my wife and son that this is DADDY'S PROP GUM. DO NOT CHEW IT!!!!!;)

LZeitgeist
Sep 15th, 2001, 10:36:00 AM
LOL, PR...

Maybe I should have put that joke shop 'jalapino-flavored' gum in there instead... at least you'd know who the culprit is, then. :lol:

(But then it wouldn't smell like Beeman's.. <g>)

SKareiva
Sep 15th, 2001, 10:46:51 AM
Patrick, if you had put jalapino flavored gum in it, I would have been at risk of chewing it.

Hot food, hot food, bring it on!

BTW, your banner kills me! I love it.

LZeitgeist
Sep 15th, 2001, 11:11:35 AM
<grin> Thanks, Steve - I can't take credit for it, though... got it off the CSC Membership thread floating around here... guy I got it from told me he didn't mind me grabbing it, so I did... <g>

Rocketeer25
Sep 17th, 2001, 04:49:09 AM
Wow! I want to add my $.02. This prop may be tiny, but it is awesome! Patrick has done an outstanding job with this. Every detail is exactly how I imagined the original to be. Even the smell of the gum is perfect! To top it off, the extra piece of gum (so you don't have to open your new prop) was a brilliant idea!

Thanks, Patrick! You done good!! :)

Lonnie

Rocketeer25@home.com

LZeitgeist
Sep 17th, 2001, 06:52:48 AM
::p ig grin:: Thanks!