PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman new movie webshooters

TheShadowe
Sep 13th, 2001, 02:18:13 AM
I am not sure right now but I could swear a few weeks ago I saw a killer replica of the new movie webshooter .Does anyone know who is doing this or is there one in the works ? I would love to get a set .As always all your help in this quest is greatly appreciated .Thanks

hydin
Sep 13th, 2001, 02:20:56 AM
im not sure..

i remember some pics of the props, with a big white hand and the shooters on them, but nothing from this forum. i know there were a few threads to figure out the parts <airbrush needle and a cake icing dispenser/topper thing come to mind> but i cant recall anything else.

if someone wants to post up or email me the high res versions of the prop pics, id appreciate it.

chris

Grand Milk Carton0
Sep 13th, 2001, 02:38:25 AM
i have the pics but you can find them on spiderman hype. to lazy to post the link, you can do the leg work :p

TheShadowe
Sep 13th, 2001, 02:46:07 AM
Yeah Guys .I have those pics already .Those were from the E3 electronnics show in Vegas .I think someone already did a cool replica and it was on ebay .I just snoozed and let it go .Was there not a thread her on the boards and someone attempting these? Thanks again

hydin
Sep 13th, 2001, 03:11:40 AM
i know wolf is working on some comic/tv versions of the shooters, but i cant recall anyone making movie versions.

id love a set myself. specially if they had that badass hand to display them on.

chris

Grand Milk Carton0
Sep 13th, 2001, 03:35:28 AM
I dont know, if there were movie accurate webshooters on ebay and I missed them, I will be very very unhappy

PtByNmbrs
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:57:12 AM
I made this one some months ago. I posted it on the Spiderman hype and ASAP boards and it was sold on ebay. They are very tedious to make. I’m in the process of doing a few more but I don’t know if I’m going to make more than the three I’m doing now. One is spoken for already.

http://www.geocities.com/ptbynmbrs_2000/webspinebay.jpg

TheLivingForce
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:19:18 AM
The shooters look awsome!!:)

jt001
Sep 13th, 2001, 08:42:13 AM
:eek: :eek: wow!!!!!

How about a little tutorial? ;)

jt001

JediMaster T
Sep 13th, 2001, 09:59:08 AM
I would officially like to speak for one of the remaining two.......or two of them, or whatever.

Please, PLEASE drop me a line, ASAP--

cyberjedi28@hotmail.com

WolverinesX
Sep 13th, 2001, 10:00:38 AM
I want info on the wrist straps. I have found the tip for the shooters a while back, but I only have one :( I posted the pic a while back and tried to see if anyone knew what it was :)

YES! WE WANT A TUTORIAL!!! :)

Mara Jades Father
Sep 13th, 2001, 11:24:45 AM
The official replicas such as web shooters are coming from unobtainiumltd.com/spiderman.html (http://unobtainiumltd.com/spiderman.html) They are the ones doing the replica of hte TOS enterprise model. I telked with the guy at comic con and he is determined not to face the same problems ICONS did. He is also a collector of real space and Nasa items. They will have the actual props to work from and if possible, will us the same found items that were used to make the props.

WolverinesX
Sep 13th, 2001, 12:10:50 PM
Anyone with any reference pics??

Grand Milk Carton0
Sep 13th, 2001, 04:39:17 PM
PtByNmbrs, I would be interested in one of them as well.. if not maybe a hint to parts used, I reconize a few and remember a few of the parts from the brainstorming the 1st time it came up. Great Job on them.

PtByNmbrs
Sep 13th, 2001, 09:07:00 PM
Thanks for the complements. Sorry I missed that brain storming thread.

Some are found parts of course but the wristband, brass tip and mount, and the metal pieces behind it I made or machined from scratch. The circuit board I found and didn’t have to do anything to it but cut it down a little. I’ll see what I can do in the next few days. maybe I could put together a kit or something… I’ll see.

JediMaster T
Sep 13th, 2001, 09:18:17 PM
Like I said before, I'd be waaaaaaaay in, either way.

You do some good work, there, bruddah. Keep me in mind; I will certainly keep you in mind.

David
JMT

Force Commander
Sep 13th, 2001, 09:32:35 PM
Those look too real, like they'd actually do something. Very impressive.

JediMaster T
Sep 16th, 2001, 05:49:34 PM
I'm still in....:)

hydin
Sep 16th, 2001, 05:58:05 PM
awesome. the only thing i can think of that different from the e3 versions were the lil finger buttons. the looked more like those lil grey buttons on the inside of video game controllers.

but, definatly, tutorial. those look great.

chris

jt001
Sep 17th, 2001, 11:38:11 AM
Oh yes...a kit would be great!

thanks!

jt001