PDA

View Full Version : People who live in Glass Houses....

MeetJohnDoe
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:48:16 PM
A response to folks who tar everyone with the same brush

Here you go..... flame bait,

flame bait children,

tasty provocation served up to mindless harpies....

Gee, guilty by association for being in a costuming group..

By some folks line of reasoning, if someone in a group that you are loosely associated with does something that you did not sanction and that you did not participate in, then you are guilty too or you should quit being in the group.

So let us see......

Some members of the RPF have engaged in fraud, deception, lies, cheating, stealing, etc, etc, etc, not to mention being just general flame bait as***les.

Everyone who builds a replica of a copyrighted item for sale is guilty of copyright infringement, period, amen. Forgive me if I am wrong, I am not attorney. But I believe that this is the general reality of the situation.

This group supports the continued illegal activities of said sellers.

This group seems to delight in flaunting their illegal activities on an almost daily basis.

Groups members or associates have already been served with C&D's for work advertised, supported, and praised on the RPF.

Some RPF forum members get high and mightly and try to defend their continued illegal activites on a almost daily basis.

Let us face facts, if you are infringing on someone's copyright, you are a crook, a thief, no better that some ass**le who breaks your car window for and steals your radio.

I will admit that I too have built props, once or twice for money. I just don't pretend that it is not illegal and I know that I am choosing to break the law when I do so. It does not matter that the copyright holder is not building a similar item. So don't try to justify our actions or try pretend that what we do is morally or legally right.

Signed

Meet John Doe
Hi, to all of you Capra fans forgive me for taking his wonderful films name in vain.

Jokar Lurden
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:51:07 PM
So because you don't deny it, it makes you better than the rest of us?

Sith Sheriff Brody
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:52:41 PM
Glass houses do have their disadvantages, but you should see the birds smack 'em.

-SSB

jt001
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:54:59 PM
:rolleyes:

jt001

Sith Sheriff Brody
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:58:56 PM
Borrowed, with apologies, from The Far Side.

-SSB

jt001
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:05:46 PM
hehehe Far side is cool :)

jt001

Erick
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:15:51 PM
Think of all the Windex you'd need too :lol:

Erick

StormLeader
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:21:42 PM
Boy, the grasp you have on the situation is TREMENDOUS.....:lol:

MEI Jedi
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:23:08 PM
he's got a grasp on something... :lol:

rayra
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:26:38 PM
MeetJohnDoe, so just who's sock puppet are you?

Someone who's been banned?
Someone who recently resigned a leadership position?
Someone who works for a studio licensing dept?

I haven't seen anyone be too 'righteous' about copyright crimes here lately, must have missed it (anyone?).

Well, the Admins / Mods can see the IP address of your post, so I'm sure you'll be identified soon (if you're a prior poster).

and if you're new, well, keep it up, and enjoy your banning.

Happy Propping :)

arwa
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:28:29 PM
How hot it would be in a glass house. It would be like an oven in there.

Or if you had kids and told them not to break a window with the baseball.... For all they know they could be damaging the entire family room...

StormLeader
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:29:37 PM
I'd like to get a grasp on the "flag girl" in Erick's sig.:evil:

OK, I wasn't being fair.

So I collect prop replicas. and while THAT is against the letter of the law, I should just stand by and say nothing while someone else takes people's money and deliver NOTHING? Because I'm a criminal too?

Is that what you're saying?

I suppose the term, "honor among thieves" escapes you.

And why then do child molesters get treated so badly in prisons? After all, all the other criminals are prisoners too....

What's all that on the floor? Oh, it's the water that your argument isn't holding....:lol:

rayra
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:30:40 PM
eh, never mind, I read your other piece of spam:
pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstit...c&index=52 (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicfrm21.showMessage?topicID=4492.topic&index=52)

You're obviously a member of the 501st, but not a frequent contributor here.

If you intend to keep spamming one thread after another, well, Screw off!

Admins, ban this idiot's IP!

Darth Hez
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:59:38 PM
Oh, for admin powers...Rayra, I'll send an email to beaz. I don't know when he'll get to it, but in the meantime, I'll lock our friends threads.