PDA

View Full Version : EL Gfx & MPP update

Larbel
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:03:32 PM
Sorry about the lack of update guys... A quick update on the Gfx and MPP project:

Gfx - I approved the chroming last week, I should have them back within this week. The whole thing turned out great, but there're a few problems...
1) The pin on the lever is now aluminum which isn't strong enough, I'll have to remake new stronger steel pin like the original so that the clamp won't break apart :p
2) The rubber used on the windshield wipers are little too soft, will have to use harder rubber.
Once they come back from the plater, I'll have to drill the holes, assemble them, add the inverter, pack them and ship them out as fast as I can. It really shouldn't be long now, sorry about the delay, but I really want to get everything right...

MPP - The sample is done, just need to put the guts together and wait for the main body tube to come back from the plater, will email pictures once that.

Also, I have several pieces of EL Style G, A, W, E and J tickets in stock, because of the low demand, they're considerably more expensive than the EL O and Q tickets... around the $200 range. If anyone is interested, please email me, thanks!

Saberlicious
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:08:32 PM
Thanks for the update, Larry. Take as long as you need to get these spot on, they will be more than welcome when they arrive :)

Barry

Flix4Me
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:09:34 PM
Cool! Can't wait for both! Take your time and do them right. I think I speak for all when I say that we appreciate your efforts to make this happen! :)

Lukes Roommate
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:10:15 PM
Thanks for the update Larry! :)

Ryan

aStanze
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:16:36 PM
:)

CeSquared
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:22:58 PM
I can't wait!! How did you do the activation button on the EL J? I am interested in one of those too.

Jades Dark Heart
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:33:33 PM
Cesquared, didn't you have one of Tim's MJ's at one time??

JDH

jt001
Sep 17th, 2001, 02:37:15 PM
Thanks for the update Larry!!!!!!

I have one little question, tho. I have no idea where the inverter goes (upper shell or bottom). If the inverter goes inside the bottom part, would it be too hard to remove it in order to drill and attach the d-ring thingie? or is that the drilling part you refer to?

Thanks a lot for the update!!!!!!!!!

jt001

Larbel
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:21:26 PM
CeSquared: The activation button on the J is the little hex screw next to the green LED, it worked out pretty cool :)

jt001: The inverter goes on the upper cell, and the batt to the bottom. But I WILL pre-drill all the holes so no worry there :)

Habbena
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:35:05 PM
Hi Larry,

I know the activation button for the Gfx is the red button for your EL's.

Were is the activation button for the EL MPP going to be?

Also, would sometime next week be a good estimate of when you send out the Gflx tickets.

Thanks Larry

Jedi Nights
Sep 17th, 2001, 04:18:42 PM
Thanks for the update, Larry!

Please let me know if you do have that saber I e-mailed you about. If you DO happen to have one left, I'll take it!

jt001
Sep 17th, 2001, 04:53:25 PM
Thanks Larry!!!!

jt001

BOUNTY HAUNTER
Sep 17th, 2001, 05:17:09 PM
The hell???

Larry?? You went and made EL versions of your G, A, W, E and J??? I never heard anything about that. Wow.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take as much time as you need to get these GFX's as close to the original as absolutely possible. I personally don't care if it takes you another 2 months to get these things right. Just so long as every possible detail is attended to.

And, yeah...what's gonna be the activation button on that MPP, anyway?

By the way...I just sent you payment for the "Q" and the "GFX ESB" today. You should have it within a week. I'll be sending you payment for the "GFX ANH" and the "MPP" sometime within the next month.

You rule, Larry.

...and you're really quitting after this?? Damn, who's gonna hook us up for EP II and III??? *sigh*

Ham Solo
Sep 17th, 2001, 05:51:10 PM
Cool!

I'm looking forward to the MPP. :)

JEDIKNIGHT3PO
Sep 17th, 2001, 06:07:20 PM
Ok:) Larry.......I just checked Tradenable and it says they recieved my M.O. for the G af ex:) Just letting you know:)

Dante8
Sep 17th, 2001, 06:15:58 PM
Hooray! I'm glad you've got them close to ready, Larry! I can't wait to get my ticket! :)

Ttam Legacy
Sep 17th, 2001, 06:26:28 PM
Looking forward to that Gfx! :)

wind23
Sep 17th, 2001, 08:34:14 PM
Awesome! You can't rush perfection. Thanks for the update, Larry.

masterjedi322
Sep 17th, 2001, 08:39:10 PM
Yeah, thanks for the update, Larry. Your customer service will surely be missed.

Can't wait for the Gfx though. :rollin:

oohyeah88
Sep 17th, 2001, 09:56:26 PM
I think there was a song by Pointer Sisters (or the Diana Ross female band?) (later redone by Phil Collins) that goes:

"You can't hurry Larry
oooh you just have to wait
You know sabers don't come easy
[blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah]"

or something like that. Anyone know that song?