PDA

View Full Version : ST Insurrection Rocket launcher

Matic
Sep 17th, 2001, 10:23:05 PM
I was watching Star Trek Insurrection today, and I never noticed the way cool rocket launcher that Worf uses on the flying thingies that are chasing them near the end.
I was wondering if anyone has any pics of this prop, as it's only seen for the one shot, then It is never seen again!
It is actually a bad break in continuity, since Worf has a Phaser rifle like everyone else, then out of nowhere he suddenly has a rocket launcher (for lack of a better word for it)
Then in the next scenes, he has his phaser again!
Anyhow, I would like to make this prop, it appears to made from lathed aluminum, with a shoulder mount molded and chromed. The way the actor holds the prop it is obvious (painfully so) that it doesnt weigh anything, so I'm not too sure on what the materials might be.any ideas?

Sith Sheriff Brody
Sep 17th, 2001, 10:28:59 PM
You mean Insurrection, right?

-SSB

Matic
Sep 17th, 2001, 10:38:17 PM
YIKES!!! I mean insurrection! geez!!
Yep my Bad! tired.

Sith Sheriff Brody
Sep 17th, 2001, 10:39:20 PM
S'OK. All I remember is that the shoulderpad was custom made for Michael Dorn.

-SSB

RoDann
Sep 17th, 2001, 11:16:22 PM
I think there's a pic of it in "Art of ST", or one of those books. As far as continuity, I'm pretty sure he "unpacks" it for that scene, then loses it somehow. But I haven't seen it in awhile. Maybe someone can get a screencap.

Jim

hypospray
Sep 17th, 2001, 11:17:52 PM
there's good pics in "the making of insurrection"...

StormLeader
Sep 18th, 2001, 03:31:17 AM
I think it's called an "Isomagnetic Disintegrator" or something like that.

Matic
Sep 18th, 2001, 03:46:06 AM
Yeah, well I figured it'd have some gobbldegook name like that! :lol:
Anyhoo, I do not have the Art of ST or any other reference material, If I did, i would'nt be bugging you guys!
The question is does anyone have a pic (not screencap) of this prop, preferably showing some detail.
I can always get a screen cap my self.
I was hoping one of you would have a copy of one of those Star Trek reference books, and could post me something useful.
Now I'm not a ST fan really, I'm all Star Wars, but I like that gun, and want to make one!
Thanks.

messfx
Sep 18th, 2001, 03:49:30 AM
Hi,

Try this link below for some reference pics. This is from Lee kelly's website which has some good pics and info on phasers.

www.leenet.demon.co.uk/ph...fzooka.htm (http://www.leenet.demon.co.uk/phaser/2370/worfzooka.htm)

Is this what you are talking about?

-Steve

Matic
Sep 18th, 2001, 03:58:48 AM
Absolutely, messfx!
Thanks!
That is helpful!
Great to know what the darn thing is called now too!