PDA

View Full Version : What Custom 12" Figure would you like to see next?

cking
Sep 16th, 2001, 06:26:21 PM
Hi everyone,

Feast your eyes on this (as many of you already have)!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=876411&a=9991346&p=53966054&Sequence=0&res=high

This awesome custom 12" Indy was made by a really talented guy and he'd like to know which characters would be most in demand. Here's a list of some suggestions, but feel free to add something else:

1. Deckard from Blade Runner
2. Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow
3. Ash from Evil Dead 2
4. Maximus from Gladiator.

Also, please list any accessories that you'd like to see the figures have.

There are many others that could be chosen but these are the ones that the custom guy had in mind. I think the quality of these figures compliments a prop display that you may have from the same movie, especially if you put them in one of those great Dragon Deluxe cases that bothanspy found.

If anyone would like more info about the Indy figure, please email me for details. My email is: christopher.king2@virgin.net

Thanks for looking!

Chris.

arwa
Sep 16th, 2001, 06:32:21 PM
That is sweet. May I ask how much you paid for it?

Maximus. Now that would be tight.
What about an Anakin/Vader figure from the ROTJ?

A Connor Maclead figure would be sweet as well.
Can you pass that along to him for me????

-arwa

arwa
Sep 16th, 2001, 06:39:51 PM
Forgot about the accessories.

-Tan rain coat
-Samurai sword
-Bottle of Brandy from 1783
-Book written by Brenda Wyatt
-Gloves he always wore before he fought
-Metal pip that he fought Kurgan with in alley

I can't think of anything else fromt he first movie. Few more if you combine them all, but I gottat go with the best movie of them all.

hydin
Sep 16th, 2001, 06:42:01 PM
id be up for a headless horseman, maybe an ash from evil dead.

all depends on the price, but for the horseman, i can see the sword, the axes, and the bag o heads. maybe the horse too.

for ash, id say a necronomicon, a chainsaw hand/gauntlet <removeable>, shotgun, and if you REALLY wanted to go balls out on it, a small evil hand, and a suit of armor/sword for him. if he could sculpt out an evil ash, that would be a great set to have.

hope this helps
chris

Ham Solo
Sep 16th, 2001, 06:42:40 PM
I'd like to see a Rebel Trooper with "all the trimmings"(ie. DH-17 blaster). :)

StevieRad
Sep 16th, 2001, 06:47:42 PM
Ham has a point...............

A "accurate" Rebel Fleet Trooper would be nice.

Maximus..........but not in his Gladiator gear.......but in his General gear.

Steve

PS: cannot wait to get my Indy figure!!

cking
Sep 16th, 2001, 06:50:17 PM
This is great! Thanks guys :)

I will pass all the info that this thread generates onto the custom guy.

arwa - email me regarding the Indy figure. I can give you the details and cost so that you can get one if you're interested. My email is: christopher.king2@virgin.net

Kind regards,

Chris.

LordAbaddon
Sep 16th, 2001, 07:32:19 PM
Wait wait wait! Come on guys, we have an AWESOME Indy figure...but no one for him to beat the tar out of! My votes are:

Belloq (in his white outfit)
Toht (with coat hanger! :) )
The Swordsman
Mola Ram
Standartenfuhrer Schroeder

Or what about companions:

Sallah
Marcus (which would be a cool tribute)
Marion (in her Cairo outfit)
Willie (gotta be in the robe)
Short-Round
Elsa (in Nazi outfit like at the Party Rally)

Darth Bill
Sep 16th, 2001, 07:50:47 PM
My choices:

(Ones so close and dear to my heart....)

DEFINITIVE 12" versions of:

-Christopher Reeve Superman
-The Shadow (Kaluta version ((or 'Baldwin-ized' ;) ))
-Adam West Batman
-Robert Lowery Batman (1949 serial)
-Lewis Wilson Batman (1943 serial)
-Captain America (Dick Purcell, 1944 serial)
-Captain Marvel (Tom Tyler, 1941 serial)
-Captain Marvel/"SHAZAM!" (Jackson Bostwick, 1974-76 TV show)
-Spider-Man (Nicholas Hammond, 77-79 TV show)
-The Flash (1990 TV show)
-M.A.N.T.I.S. (Ok, ok... juuuuust kiddin' on that last one. :lol: )

Sensing a theme here..?? ;)

Russ

skywalker86
Sep 16th, 2001, 08:02:32 PM
I'd like to see the Headless Horseman. But I'd buy a Darth Maul or Anakin EP2 w/corresponding sabers.

ragacin
Sep 16th, 2001, 08:26:23 PM
Clint Eastwood as "Man with no name" or "Dirty Harry" His High Plains Drifter character also would be cool. I'd vote Maximus in General's gear also.

Rocketeer25
Sep 16th, 2001, 08:48:20 PM
OOOOOOO!!! I would spend untold amounts of money for a quality replica of the Rocketeer, including jacket, helmet, and rocketpack

/me waits by email with checkbook out.... :)

Lonnie
Rocketeer25@home.com

ramonlo
Sep 16th, 2001, 09:26:03 PM
I would like to see a Connor Maclead and a kurgan with two different heads, that'll be so cool.

The Ancient Enemy
Sep 16th, 2001, 09:42:36 PM
Here are a couple I'd like to see:
The priest from The Mummy
Guy from Tron
Witchblade
Neo
Grim Reaper
Centaur
Conan the Barbaian
William Wallace
Jason
Freddy Kreuger

That's enough from now...
Take care,
TAE

gavidoc
Sep 16th, 2001, 09:50:21 PM
In regards to something that would compliment a prop collection, there are a couple of guys that would be great for props on this board in recent months.

Kenobi for all the Kenobi ANH's popping up
Solo for the ANH blasters that are around
Luke for the upcoming EL Graflex
Vader for the upcoming EL MPP

A general Maximus would be cool. As well as a Marcus Arelieus in his battle armour to compliment Maximus.

Maybe even the big burly German at the beginning who throws the Legionarre head at the Romans.

JaseTheHACK
Sep 16th, 2001, 09:52:46 PM
I'd REALLY like to see Han from ROTJ (Endor). That camo trenchcoat was cool. The Customiser seems to have a great handle on making the fabric appear less bulky than normal 1/6th scale softgoods, so I'm sure he'd make a great ROTJ vest.

Darth Brass
Sep 16th, 2001, 09:53:42 PM
I would vote for a good Dark Luke from the Dark Empire series...

Onigiri
Sep 16th, 2001, 10:41:27 PM
I would like to see
1. A top notch Vader (ROTJ)
2. A Connor McCloud
3. Road Warrior
4. An ACCURATE Klingon warrior

Reaper63
Sep 17th, 2001, 12:36:03 AM
How about a Kyle Katarn, Dash Rendar, Jan Ors, BattleStar Galactica Warriors?

mgoob
Sep 17th, 2001, 12:49:23 AM
1. Mara Jade (several lightsabers to pose next to)
2. John Wayne (because there NEVER has been one) Sands of Iwo Jima or True Grit
3. Rebel Fleet Trooper
4. Dash Rendar
5. Kyle Katarn (lightsaber)

I wouldn't bother doing a Deckard because there is an awesome version out there now, with a companion Roy Batty on his way.

TheLivingForce
Sep 17th, 2001, 06:36:54 AM
Hi Cking and all!!

I just wanted to make my contributions of who I would love to see.

With Marmit coming out with an AT-AT driver this fall, and Darth Vader, and a Royal Gaurd next year, I would like to see what could be expanded upon the vader to make it more "definitive."

Lord Abaddon..I love your list!!! I defintiely would love to see some antagonistic characters, or at least a side kick. Apparently, though not confirmed, there was supposed to be a Toys McCoy Short Round, but it may have never surfaced(If you can make the Beastie Boys, You've gotta be able to make a friggin short round!!!:evil: )

For Cking and the customizer of the Indy, and everybody elso who does not know, Sideshow Toys, ones responsible for making AWSOME Universal Monsters 12" and a pretty damn good Buffy 12", ARE making a 12" Ash next year....click here for more details. They are coming out with a...drool...12" scale Jen and Kira, along with 24" inch SKEKSIS!!!:eek: ....

209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=78&show_article=116 (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=78&show_article=116)

Darth Bill, you will defintely love this and any other Reeve fans!!!:) ....click here

www.customreplicas.com/images/Head%20shot%201.jpg (http://www.customreplicas.com/images/Head%20shot%201.jpg)

I would personally love to see a Wallace, and a Arnold"esque"
Conan(and when one is bored...Thulsa Doom!!!.)

My vote would defintiely go for a General Maximus !!

Regardless of who makes "official 12"ers(ie. Marmit or Sideshow) there will always be room for improvement. The one who has done the Indy has definitely proved that, and anyone else that has contributed their talents as well!!:)

-Neal

Paul B
Sep 17th, 2001, 10:24:47 AM
I'd really like a General Maximus!

But other ideas I have would be...
- The Crow (Brandon Lee likeness)
- Korben Dallos (5th Element)
- LeeLoo (5th Element)
- Spider-Man (Red & Blue costume - McFarLane era)
- Any Farscape characters
- more to come as I think of them...

Paul B

cking
Sep 17th, 2001, 10:31:45 AM
On behalf of the custom guy I'd like to say thanks for all these great ideas.

Living Force - that Chris Reeve is amazing. I've got a custom 12" figure of Chris Reeve as Superman on the way. It's not quite as good as that head though.

Paul B - The custom guy already has a Brandon Lee as The Crow in the works featuring a recast head from a rare Japanese vinyl kit with superb likeness to Brandon Lee.

I think that the Maximus and Connor McCleod figures are great ideas.

Kind regards,

Chris.

Jokar Lurden
Sep 17th, 2001, 11:54:28 AM
I'm probably in the minority here, but the Knight from The Last Crusade, complete with sword and book/book stand and of course the grail, would kick ass! :D :)

Either that, or Henry Jones, Sr. which I have never seen anywhere, but would be one of the coolest to own! :)

Duke Chad
Sep 17th, 2001, 12:09:09 PM
I would like to see a more affordable and accurate Deckard figure.

DC

hydin
Sep 17th, 2001, 12:51:10 PM
how much does that reeves head go for? that is one sweet lil custom piece. looks friggin dead on awesomely accurate.

lemme know!
chris

cking
Sep 17th, 2001, 12:54:49 PM
hydin,

That Chris Reeve head is part of a 13" tall resin figure which is currently in progress. I can't wait to see what the finished item looks like but it won't be ready for a while yet from what I can see. It is a fantastic sculpt though!

Chris.

hydin
Sep 17th, 2001, 01:04:50 PM
anyone know where to get a reeves noggin thats in 1:6th scale? i just had a great idea for a custom figure, but i need one of them.

thanks!
chris

ps - if someone makes a "definitive" reeves, we need a gene hackman to go along with it. hes been the best luthor so far

Vaderic
Sep 17th, 2001, 01:07:36 PM
Chris, Here is my list! I think you will agree with me on a few.

1. Maximus is a wonderful choice
A. General gear with the wolf
B. Gladiator Maximus with the mask removable
2. Blade (Wesley Snipes)
3. All of the Sith Lords Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, Darth Bane, etc.
4. Short Round
5. Indy with Dinner Jacket (Club Obi)
6. Indy (Map Room)!!!!
7. Marion Ravenwood!!!!!!!! Any one would work great!
8. One that is always passed over but would rock is a M. Keaton BATMAN! I mean a good one!
9. Toht would be a great doll
10. Grand Admiral Trawn with ysalmari

Agree or not this a few brewing in my skull that I would shell out some cash in a heartbeat! Belloq with some havitos would be cool too. I saw some new doll the other day that has a spitting image of Sapito. It would look good with the Indy??? LMK what you think!

RocketBobs
Sep 17th, 2001, 01:23:31 PM
I would also like to see a Rocketeer fig. with mauser,helmet,rocket pack,pack of gum and picture of Jenny.

Dustin Crops Boy
Sep 17th, 2001, 01:53:10 PM
My vote is for an Alex from Clockwork Orange - complete with cane, Cyrano mask, glass of milk+ and eyeballs on the sleeves... oh hell - how 'bout all 4 droogies and a Durango-95 for them to drive around in!!! :)

or an axe wielding Jack Torrance from Shining.

rayra
Sep 17th, 2001, 01:56:26 PM
Darth Bill,
Sensing a theme here..??

Yep, DARTH BILL LIKES MEN IN TIGHTS!! DARTH BILL LIKES MEN IN TIGHTS!!
:P

dropshipbob
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:20:07 PM
we got Deckard from Bladerunner, and we got Roy Batty, but we now need Rachel, Gaff, Pris, Zora and Leon. Maybe even an Elden Tyrell? But we really need the Replicants. Accessories wouldnt be much as they never used weapons. Maybe a Voight-Komph machine? Owl, tiny photos, a snake for Zora.

And from ALIENS..........Ripley! Wearing her jump suit and t-shirt, carrying the flamethrower/pulse rifel and other gear. Maybe even Newt to go with her?

Darth Bill
Sep 17th, 2001, 07:09:22 PM
" Yep, DARTH BILL LIKES MEN IN TIGHTS!! DARTH BILL LIKES MEN IN TIGHTS!!"

:lol:
Rich just discovered my fetish for "the love that dare not speak its name"... ;) :lol:

BTW - I've seen pictures of the Chris Reeve Superman that cking has coming....
Killer sweet work. :)
However, as Chris himself has acknowledged, that link that LivingForce provided for the Chris Reeve prototype FLOORED me...!! :eek:
I'd sure like to contact Chris' customizer for some of the other guys on my list...

...but I'm going to be keeping a CLOSE eye on those "Custom Replica" guys for their Superman project. Wow!!

Russ

oohyeah88
Sep 17th, 2001, 07:37:08 PM
Presumably for Maximus you could use the same Indy figure since the Indy face looks a bit like Russell Crowe... :p

I would like to see:

- Neo and/or Trinity
- Arnie as T800
- Lara Croft
- Leia slave

hydin
Sep 17th, 2001, 07:40:50 PM
id like to see something along the lines of either the cenobites <spelling?> from hellraiser, maybe a snake plisken from escape from new york.

theres a ton of customs i would love, but mostly, itd be comic related ones.

id love a 1:6th scale thanos or darkseid. itd be a giant figure <on par with a 1:6th doomsday, which i want too heh> but man it would look friggin AWESOME next to a decent superman figure or an adam warlock or even a death figure <if it was thanos, that is.>

id love a spiderman, grendel <hunter rose>, especially a predator thats in scale with an arnold thats in scale. i loved that fight scene.

ive got tons of ideas, but man, i am STILL blown away by that reeves head. god that looks perfect.
chris

Darth Bill
Sep 17th, 2001, 07:40:52 PM
12" Neo's and Trinity's are already out there...

...and they look pretty good, as it is. :)

www.getn2toys.com/product...D&dept=839 (http://www.getn2toys.com/products.asp?sid=F0EE854152F1460A8A208BA532492A2D&dept=839)

Russ

paul n
Sep 18th, 2001, 10:32:30 AM
How about a good Stalone Judge Dredd?

Dean O
Sep 18th, 2001, 11:44:36 AM
What I would love to see is a custom Predator figure made over a 12" figure body. Over on the Aliens prop board there was a guy who had made a great looking prototype but never seems to have gotten around to making more. It was awesome!! It had individual dreadlocks and different posed heads. With helmet ans without. I guess one could make that from the Billiken figure kit. Hmm that gets me thinking maybe I'll get that out of the closet again.

Jeeves
Sep 18th, 2001, 12:57:31 PM
I certainly would like to see an assortment of figures (male and female, fleet and MI) from Starship Troopers. Of course, I like just about everything everyone else has mentioned above. ESPECIALLY the Clockwork Orange figs, Blade and Ripley.