PDA

View Full Version : Would this be a good base for Boba Fett ROTJ rifle?

Slave1
Sep 9th, 2001, 12:44:29 AM
I stumbled across this on Ebay and was struck by the similarity of it to the ROTJ blaster. You can see the similiarities in the shape of the trigger and the hammer. It is the Webley British Bulldog revolver.

I was considering getting one of these, though not from the person on Ebay as they have over 20 neg. feedbacks. It's true you'd have to do a lot of work to use it (i.e. grinding down the sides and or removing the chamber section, casting a correctly shaped plastic grip (and I'm wondering if additional metal could be added underneath in the back, and you would still have to get the stock brace, stock piece, etc. I thought about recasting the chamber part of my resin kit for my own personal use in metal (no I wouldn't recast it for profit and sell it out).

Again it would be a lot of work in modifying and it still wouldn't be 100%, however the advantage would be to have a replica with working parts, and it would be metal. Plus, I know some folks have spent not much less than this much on BB guns and what not to start scratchbuilding a Fett rifle. Heck it's around $35. Anyway, what do you guys think of the general appearance?

Again, I would not get them from the seller on Ebay because of their feedback, but clearly these replica revolvers are out there and available. BTW, I believe they're a Denix product.

http://www.pineridge7.com/subweb3/images/1029na.jpg

Mandalorian
Sep 9th, 2001, 10:53:00 AM
Shelby - could you post your pick of the Real Webly Flare gun just to compare the differences? Thanks, M. :smokin:

Slave1
Sep 9th, 2001, 11:52:56 AM
I don't have any good pics of the real Webley from this position. I do have a good pic of one of the resin kits that are available. Email me if you'd like to see that.

slave1@ee.net

bobadebt
Sep 9th, 2001, 01:39:03 PM
That kind of looks close but the proportions could be way off.

http://home.newbernnc.com/bobadebt/webleyreblue.jpg

You would be better off to get a Mark VI Webley Pistol Frame.

They are available and almost identical to a Weble No1 MKI Flare Rifle Frame.

Slave1
Sep 9th, 2001, 02:06:27 PM
But isn't the Mark VI the one without the side scoops on the chamber? I couldn't justify paying several hundred dollars on somethng that was close, but not quite right.

True, this one would never be 100% correct either, but the ticket price would be around thirty-five bucks.

bobadebt
Sep 9th, 2001, 03:06:09 PM
A Webley Mk VI is a revolver like the one used in the Mummy.

The Frame of the gun was converted into the Flare Gun.

You can Build up a working frame for about $150 but a gun dealer has to order the main part.

Then you would have to add the Back Plate and Chamber.

I must be missing something. Are you saying you can get the Webley Bull Pup Revolver for $35?

If so that's the cheapest Gun I have seen yet.

Slave1
Sep 9th, 2001, 03:30:48 PM
Let me clarify on that--the last paragraph of my original post says "these replica revolvers".

Yes, they can be found in the same price range as the Denix Mausers.

bobadebt
Sep 9th, 2001, 04:12:59 PM
I missed that.

I am sure there not from Denix though.

Slave1
Sep 9th, 2001, 04:30:22 PM
Well, they actually ARE made by Denix. I've found them on two sites now, both listing them as Denix products.

David, I may be emailing you later to discuss this a little more. You're a great resource on this stuff; thanks!

BTW, the Webley VI was also used in The Last Crusade.

bobadebt
Sep 9th, 2001, 04:46:39 PM
I just checked my catalogs and they are in there, they have a black and chrome version.

I'll order one tomorrow if the price is right.

Can you say All Metal ROTJ Fett Blaster Active Project

Slave1
Sep 9th, 2001, 05:47:10 PM
David, can you clarify that last sentence? I have no idea what ya mean by "Can you sat All Metal ROTJ Fett Blaster Active Project"

Ahh, gotcha. That one little letter makes a big difference. I was wondering why you were wanting me to sit on your blaster ;)

jedifather
Sep 9th, 2001, 09:26:51 PM
All Metal ROTJ Fett Blaster Active Project!!!!

I'm in. :)

Hammerhead
Sep 9th, 2001, 11:28:44 PM
Hmm. I've been thinking that the .357 Magnum revolver would be a good base for the Fett rifle. But I haven't been able to find a good pic for comparison. I also haven't been able to find a good metal replica that I could start hacking on.

However this "All Metal ROTJ Fett Blaster Active Project" you speak of sounds pretty dang tempting.

Um, that was an understatement, folks.

Slave1
Sep 9th, 2001, 11:36:41 PM
David's talked about this for a while now. I hope the project comes to fruition soon 'cause I'm getting antsy ;)

LMK if there's anything I can do to help you move forward on this one David. You know I already got the scope to swing it.

Here's a another Webley, the V that's pretty darn close . . .

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/cef/equipment/cefe11.jpg

tk421mv7
Sep 10th, 2001, 12:41:15 AM
It seems to me that the Bulldog frame is awfully small compared to the Webley V (or Mk1 no.1 for that matter).

I'm not sure how you'd be able to use the grip frame. And (this seems a minor point) the trigger guard is different. The hammer looks good, though.

It seems that the V is a much better choice as you could probably use the entire lower frame. Well, assuming those are any easier to come by...

Alex
tk421mv7

Duke Chad
Sep 10th, 2001, 04:13:01 PM
Bobadebt wrote...

"I just checked my catalogs and they are in there, they have a black and chrome version."

Now is this the bulldog with the 5 round revolver chamber? If so, I would be interested simply for the revolver chamber only. I could update my Bladeruner gun with a real metal one. If the price is right. If this part is not being used for the Boba Fett gun, I would interested, as I am sure others would, in updating their BR blasters with this metal piece.

DC

Motorfish
Sep 10th, 2001, 05:49:55 PM
All Metal ROTJ Fett Blaster Active Project

I said it!

This sounds like something I'd be interested in.

DL 44 Blaster1
Sep 10th, 2001, 08:57:58 PM
Hey,what about us ESB guys ? ;) It's the more popular costume color scheme,but not the preferred weapon of choice :/

Steve

Hammerhead
Sep 18th, 2001, 06:41:00 PM
Hey, I like the ESB rifle! You still need a Webley for that, right?

Lord of all that is Fett
Sep 18th, 2001, 06:51:22 PM
Same base gun for ESB or ROTJ as far as I know. I am working on an ESB costume and the gun version has been the hardest decision for me. If we can do an all metal version using a substitute base that is readily available....well now us indecisive schmucks can do both. -Mark

Dann
Sep 18th, 2001, 08:08:59 PM
hmmm..........the little gun at the top looks kinda like the noisy cricket!

Slave1
Sep 18th, 2001, 08:13:57 PM
"hmmm..........the little gun at the top looks kinda like the noisy cricket!"

Uh, I guess if you're saying both have a trigger and a barrel, I'd agree they're kind of similar.

FYI, guys, I took David's advice and located a Webley VI stripped down frame. Cost was a mere $25! Now if I can just find the hammer and trigger, etc.

Dann
Sep 18th, 2001, 08:32:01 PM
No, I'm talking about the grip and trigger style.

theyre sorta similar........I dunno.......whatever.

hypospray
Sep 18th, 2001, 08:35:15 PM
I don't think this is the same bulldog revolver as the BR gun. For me the trigger is the giveaway, it doesn't have the little halfround thing the BR pistol does. Could someone confirm?

Slave1
Sep 18th, 2001, 08:38:20 PM
Just pullin' your chain Dann :)

Dann
Sep 18th, 2001, 08:45:11 PM
I know dude!
:)