PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Prop...

Darth Brass
Sep 3rd, 2001, 11:06:24 PM
I have an announcement!

I'm so excited to announce the beginnings of my first offering to ther RPF.

I have completed the first stages of my interpretation of the amulet from the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis computer game.

This is the official "finding out if anyone is interested" thread.

So...anyone interested?

EDIT: Here's the pic I went off of for the original sculpt. (pic of sculpt soon to come!)
http://www.siue.edu/~mhoorma/medalion.jpg

Jodo kast 3
Sep 3rd, 2001, 11:14:48 PM
Pics??

GuntahKela
Sep 4th, 2001, 12:34:43 AM
Hey! check out mine's!http://members.aol.com/guntahkela/atlantismedal.jpgI replicated mine's off the same pic you have, I think. Sold a couple of these on ebay last year, so I think there is an interest. Hope my pic helps.

Darth Brass
Sep 4th, 2001, 02:14:19 AM
http://www.siue.edu/~mhoorma/indiana.jpg

That's the best I can do for now! (as far as a pic/scan)

Let me know what you all think - there HAS to be interest for this!

GuntahKela
Sep 4th, 2001, 10:21:32 AM
Not to thick. Not to thin. Just right. There isn't a lot of info on this prop at all. Some guy e-mailed me all pics from the video game box and some screen caps.

Darth Brass
Sep 5th, 2001, 12:48:45 AM
Okay, seriously...NO ONE wants this?!

GuntahKela
Sep 5th, 2001, 01:11:03 AM
Don't fell so bad about it! Mine's was not so popular here either. Indi people are still more interested in gold idols, stones, and the very trendy grail diary that everyone in their mothers is making or buying now. My advise is, keep on.

Treadwell
Sep 5th, 2001, 10:01:13 AM
I've never played the game but that does look cool. What price you thinkin' of?

PropReplicator
Sep 5th, 2001, 10:12:38 AM
Yeah, what $? :)

Darth Brass
Sep 6th, 2001, 01:33:55 AM
I haven't even begun to approximate costs for repro, but I'm hoping it will be about $40 finished or $25 unfinished (plus s/h)

That sounds likeable?

LZeitgeist
Sep 6th, 2001, 06:46:11 AM
I'm interested in following the progress... my purchasing one will depend on the timing of the finished pieces, though. (Unless they're going to be in the $25 range...) I'd actually be interested in the pendant alone, but would buy the weathered chain with the piece if it was a requirement.

However, to be accurate, the piece would have to be thick enough to where the mouth was deep enough to hold a full sphere inside it, as the Orichalcum that powered the piece came in small spheres.

Perhaps include a steel ball bearing of the proper size to fill the mouth? Just a thought...

Darth Brass
Sep 6th, 2001, 05:47:20 PM
Oh yeah, this is just a feeler thread - these probably wouldn't be done until around Christmas time...something like that. Right now I'm just perfecting the sculpt, and yes - they will hold a marble of some sort...Hell, maybe I'll just provide some Oricalcum ;) (or a resonable facimilie thereof)

Oh, and no chain - I wouldn't know where to get one readily. My goal is to have something that will be nice to put on a display stand and look at (hmmmmmmmmm...display stand...........possibility)

More thoughts?

LZeitgeist
Sep 6th, 2001, 06:20:09 PM
Sounds perfect.

I really like the way GuntahKela's came out up there, weathering-wise. The spiral looks right on, too. I tried a couple of times to get one of those on eBay, but I missed the ending of both auctions I found.

I'm definitely in for this for around Christmas time... I reserve the right to back out until I get to see some finished pics, but you've got a damn good start there, so I doubt that will be an issue.. ::chuckle:: You're already farther than my personal attempt got, so keep up the good work... :)

Darth Brass
Sep 6th, 2001, 06:31:41 PM
WOO HOO!!! I have one official "maybe"! Keep 'em coming folks!!!
;)

EDIT: BUMP

DKWD
Sep 10th, 2001, 11:03:41 AM
How big are these?
How thick?

How big are the Marbles (Orichalcum) supposed to be?

David

Darth Brass
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:57:42 PM
UPDATE: (and answer to your size inquiry)

After just starting to play the game yet again, I have found a new graphic that better relates the size of this artifact. Thus, I will be resculpting a bit smaller. I think it is supposed to fit in the palm of your hand (judging from the picture in the game)...soooooooooooo...

I'm resculpting.

Oh, and the Orachalcum is supposed to be "bead-sized"...so I'll be looking for something about that size - I have a few ideas already...

Just FYI - the one pictured above (the crappy all-white scan) is about 3.5-4 in. square. I will probably do that one up and sell it if anyone is interested, but it will not be the "final" sculpt. Or what the others will be based off of.

I'm still looking for more folks that are interested - I don't want to go and buy supplies to cast this and have no buyers.

Either post interest here or e-mail me (clickie the banner)

Thanks!