PDA

View Full Version : BEAUTIFUL German "The One Ring"

Riskbreaker
Sep 8th, 2001, 11:29:14 AM
In my opinion, this one dwarfs the Badali Jewelry one.. it's just beautiful.

s25760835.shoplite.de/ses...sicht.php3 (http://s25760835.shoplite.de/sess/utn153b9a35978de3b/shopdata/0005_Ringe/produktuebersicht.php3)

Unfortunately, these people are strictly forbidden from shipping to the US. We need to find some intermediary and order a bunch of these.

The Silver one is 69.00 USD (about).
The Gold one (8 k) is about 210.00 USD.

BlindVoyeur
Sep 8th, 2001, 11:45:48 AM
Oh yeah I would be in for one of those.

TheShadowe
Sep 8th, 2001, 11:52:57 AM
I'm in they look amazing!

DrStranglove
Sep 8th, 2001, 01:12:17 PM
Add me too!!!!!!

DrS

http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/otn/violent/awing.gif

wind23
Sep 9th, 2001, 01:00:16 AM
That really is beautiful. I would be interested in a silver one. Do we have any trusted European friends on the board who could order them?

ShadowKnight626
Sep 9th, 2001, 01:01:59 AM
thought better of posting it.

Carl Kolchak
Sep 9th, 2001, 03:03:22 AM
NICE!!!

RicosRednecks
Sep 9th, 2001, 07:59:39 AM
wow! lucky me I have a lot of family members who never left Der Fatherland! rings for me! rings for me!

Padawan Bax
Sep 9th, 2001, 02:06:55 PM
Ooooohhhhh, pretty!

Natty15d
Sep 10th, 2001, 07:52:27 AM
Im not into jewlery, but that looks fantastic!
Im going to check if they will ship to the UK.

Nathan

Natty15d
Sep 11th, 2001, 04:00:23 AM
No luck!

They can only ship to Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Nathan

Mandalorian
Sep 15th, 2001, 11:32:54 AM
bump. M. :smokin:

OdiWan72
Sep 15th, 2001, 11:44:05 AM
Hi,

I might be able to help you guys out.
I live in Germany and dealt with a bunch of board members before (so I´ve got some references).

If you´d be willing to wait a bit (I´m short on time), I might do a bulk order and ship them seperately to you.

What do you think? Leave you feedbacks...
(I´m leaving the board now and check back tomorrow..)

OdiWan72
odendall@t-online.de

OdiWan72
Sep 15th, 2001, 12:41:12 PM
I checked the website again...

Sceduled delivery for PRE-ORDERS is in october.
More to come...

OdiWan72

Draco Lawgiver
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:24:39 PM
They do look good, but the thing I like about Badali is the letters are filled in red, as if Gandalf had just taken it out of the fire.

The inscription on the ring is not supposed to appear unless the ring is heated by fire, otherwise it appears as a plain, non-descript gold ring.

Plus, at only $60 for a "non-wearable" ring it was a sweet prop for a great price.

Mandalorian
Sep 15th, 2001, 05:35:52 PM
DracoLawgiver - is there a website for th Badali ring to compare?

M. :smokin:

Rogue428
Sep 15th, 2001, 06:47:37 PM
www.badalijewelry.com/tolkien.htm (http://www.badalijewelry.com/tolkien.htm)

I love the Badali ring. I got one of his silver prototypes. A newer silver ring that my girlfriend got me for X-mas (she didn't know I had the proto.) And I just got one of the Gollum-Gold ones....

I haven't been disappointed in any of them.

Mandalorian
Sep 15th, 2001, 08:04:56 PM
Rogue428 - Thanks....that's just what I was looking for.

1. Did you (personally) get the red lettering? Looks kind of "evil" with that..... you know?

2. The web-site shows the golum gold ring: it looks like that one is 1 and a half rings combined.... and you couldn't put it on your finger, correct??

Draco Lawgiver
Sep 16th, 2001, 11:27:11 PM
I guess it "kind of" looks evil, but hey, it WAS an evil ring, after all. :)

I have the "Gollum Gold" ring and it's sweet. I'll be wearing it around my neck to the premire!

Draco Lawgiver
Sep 16th, 2001, 11:57:31 PM
This is the Badali Jewelry one:

http://www.badalijewelry.com/images/orgp.jpg

This is the Elbenwald one:

http://212.227.215.150/images/70009.jpg

Well, okay, the Elbenwald one does look better. The engraving of the lettering is cleaner. But, I don't want to wear this ring around, so the "Gulloum Gold" one Badali sells for $50 is exactly what I'm looking for. It's made of brass, coated with gold. It's solid and well made. It comes with the gold chain and the seller was very nice through emails. I sent him a money order and I got the ring very quickly.

From "The Fellowship of the Ring":

"Gandalf held it up. It looked to be made of pure and solid gold. 'Can you see any markings on it?' he asked.

'No,' said Frodo. 'There are none. It is quite plain, and it never shows a scratch or sign of wear.'

Gandalf then throws the ring into the fire and retrieves it some time later. Skip ahead a few lines to...

"For a moment, the wizard stood looking at the fire; then he stooped and removed the ring to the hearth with the tongs, and at once picked it up. Frodo gasped.

"it is quite cool," said Gandalf. "Take it!" Frodo received it on his shrinking palm: it seemed to have become thicker and heavier than ever.

"Hold it up!" said Gandalf. "And look closely!"

As Frodo did so, he now saw the fine lines, finer than the finest pen-strokes, running along the ring, outside and inside: lines of fire that seemed to form the letters of a flowing script. They shown piercingly bright, and yet remote, as if out of a great depth.

"I cannot read the firey letters," said Frodo in a quavering voice."

The "lines of fire" and the "firey letters is why I got the lettering done in red. :)

Mandalorian
Sep 17th, 2001, 03:51:19 PM
Thanks DL. M. :smokin:

tripoli
Sep 17th, 2001, 04:45:46 PM
I have the Badali rings of silver and the gold plated. The silver looks nice, the plated is very well done also. The plating makes it come out a bit darker than a real gold ring. I do have an 18K gold ring on order, should get it within a week or so.
The German ring looks very nice and sharp, kind of a machined look to it in the posted pics. The Badali has a more natural look to it from the pics posted. In person it looks nearly as sharp as the German one.
I am making a display with a metal plaque, black background with raised gold lettering with the transcription of the Tengwear language and then the translation underneith. The plaque is 2x4 inches mounted on a hardwood backing of 5x3 inches. The ring hangs in the upper corner. I sent in the artwork for it last week, should be back from the shop in about 4 weeks. I will post when it is finished.

Draco Lawgiver
Sep 17th, 2001, 10:40:30 PM
Has anyone seen the animated version of "The Hobbit"? It's a great movie (just made DVD!) and at the end of the film, Bilbo places the ring in a small, bell-shaped glass display that sits on his mantle. The ring sits in a small bed of red felt. Very similar to the display case Jeff Ritzman did for his thermal detonators a while back (if anyone remembers). It looks great and would be a great way to display the ring.

Mandalorian
Sep 18th, 2001, 10:22:40 PM
DL: yes, I saw this animation long, long ago. Didn't think anyone remembered this. Yes, I remember the "ring under glass" ending in the film...... Kind of like the old physics glass cases we used for vacuum experiments. You say there is a DVD out? Where to get? If I recall correctly, I thought I there was a follow-up animation Lord of the Rings to that same Hobbit animation.....for some reason only remember pieces of it, so know I didn't see it all the way through.

My wife and I recently purchased the collectors (hardcover) editions of the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings. This is the first time I have ever gone through the entire book........

Where did you see the DVD? M. :smokin:

wind23
Sep 18th, 2001, 10:40:06 PM
I recently found both The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings animated films on VHS at Walmart. I picked up the LOTR for 9 bucks and change but I didn't know that Warner had released it on DVD until I walked into BlockBuster this weekend.

The animated film is pretty good but it only tells the story up until the end of the Two Towers. Someone released a version of the Return of the King after that but it reverted to the animation style used in the Hobbit which is quite different in terms of what the hobbits and orcs look like.

Mandalorian
Sep 18th, 2001, 10:49:52 PM
Yes, as I recall, the "Hobbit" and "Return of the King" were the same style annimation, with the same voice over for Gandalf, if I recall correctly...... When I think of Bilbo, I think of the annimated film I saw long ago......

tripoli
Sep 19th, 2001, 10:48:02 AM
Hot Dog! Happy since I already spent the big bucks on the 14 K Badali ring. :) Saw a film used ring on the Lord of The Ring site and the Badali ring is much more accurate to the film used version. The German ring lettering is too large and the ring looks too machined and flat surfaced. Badali's has the shape correct and the lettering is more accurate. Both of the lettering on each licensed ring produced is bit larger than the film used ring font. The script on the film used ring also has a much finer lining in the script font.
If you want to get the most accurate one, go with Badali and get it with the lettering plain.

Draco Lawgiver
Sep 19th, 2001, 11:12:44 AM
Yeah, the movies are available from any store or online retailer. "The Hobbit" and "The Return of the King" are both the same style animation. They're bright, have catchy songs and very kids-oriented, but I just watched them with my father-in-law a few weeks ago and still love them. Smaug looks kick ass, and so does the Nazgul and Nazgul Lord. I wish they had a sound track for that movie, who can ever forget the Orcian marching song, "Where there's a whip, there's a way!"

"The Lord of the Rings" animated movie that came out in the early 70s is completely different and, IMO, inferior in many ways. The animation is very dark. The movie is long, dragged out and moves along at a boring and uninteresting pace. It ends after the "Two Towers" because, well, bascially it ran out of money! Many LOTR fans were diappointed with it. The music sucks too. :)