PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's back. :)

Solo4114
Sep 19th, 2001, 07:04:22 PM
Well, after a rather extended absence, I've decided to resurface. Life as a 2L keeps me rather busy, so I doubt I'll be posting anywhere near as much as I've been doing. But for the time being, I needed a break from writing an appellate brief and figured I'd pop in here. Nice to see the RPF is still going strong.

So, what'd I miss? Any grand mass exodi? Any more flame wars? (I was kinda getting sick of those before...) Any new lawsuits? I've been taking a general IP survey course, which is rather interesting, and have been discovering that, generally speaking, you don't have a prayer if you're a COMMERCIAL prop maker. Oh well. Sorry, folks. I'd hoped to arive at some sort of argument where you could beat the studios, but no such luck. About all I could come up with was creating a device or method whereby one can create one's own props and then selling THAT (say, selling copies of a die, as opposed to a completed prop or kit), but they'd probably get you there on contributory/vicarious copyright infringement, since there's no real legitimate use for the die itself. Or so my prof says. :)

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out what to do for Halloween this year, given my reduced budget. Originally I'd wanted to do a Ghostbuster costume, but that costs time and money that I don't have at this point. I'm debating on doing Slash from G'n'R, but have no idea where to get the hat. Anyone got any suggestions? Oh, also, I purchased my third Graflex (w/camera) this past week, and ought to be getting it soon. Anyone think I ought to hang on to it, as opposed to selling it now? I haven't really read the Ep. II posts SINCE I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL ANYTHING FOR MYSELF (So don't go telling me ANYTHING outside of this one question, ya bastards), but it'd be useful to know if the Graflex will appear in Ep. II. Please note: I'm quite serious about my self-imposed media blackout. I haven't followed anything since Haden Christian was cast, outside of finding out the title (which I still think is rather lame, but whatcha gonna do?), and I do NOT want to know anything else. My reason? Imagine how cool it would've been if you'd seen Maul's second saber blade ignite WITHOUT knowing it was coming? I rest my case. Anyway, I'm planning on selling the new Graflex on e-bay along with two cameras -- a Crown Graphic 4x5 with accessories and 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Baby Speed Graphic with accessories, if anyone's interested -- but might hold off if I think I'll make a killing come the summer. Then again, Halloween IS approaching.....

Oh well. Time to grab some chow and get back to work. Talk to you folks later!

Dan Shay

hydin
Sep 19th, 2001, 07:32:01 PM
as far as i know, no graflex in episode 2.

and i agree with the media blackout 100%
chris