PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay $7,995 for a LIS B9 Robot you had never seen?

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:21:09 PM
There is a company out there, That has a “license” to produce a big prop. They are sending out e-mails asking for a 50% deposit on a $7,995.00 price tag. They only promise a 4 week TARGET ship date. Their web page has NO picture of their product. Only photo’s of the originals. AND the web page states the prop would be available 2nd Quarter 2001. Last time I checked that ended in June. They are already 2 months late!

Would you send any money to this company?

Can you guess who it is? HINT: Not ICON’s (but it does sound like them)

Razmeister
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:23:53 PM
Here we go... :rolleyes:

Buckle up, everybody! The RPF has become a Troll Paradise!

I'll be sitting waaaaaaaaaaaaay up high at the rear of the bleechers. :)

Guy

aStanze
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:24:23 PM
Is this supposed to be a flame war spark?:)

Welcome to the board if you are in fact, new here,

-Stanze:cool:

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:31:13 PM
I'm totaly serious here.

OK, the Icon's coment was mean, but come on. If anybody on this list tried to sell anything without a picture they'd get fried. Look what happened to BSG.ORG when they posted 1 wrong photo. Yet here we are, an unknown company is selling a big dollar prop with no pic and no real ship date.

Are we just going to take this? Why am I the first to bring this up?

jt001
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:33:44 PM
And that website is...?

Yep, welcome to the board!

jt001

hydin
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:36:34 PM
not to sound overly anal here.

but dude, not a cool first post.

first off, if the company <no idea which one> chooses to sell something with a huge price tag , and asks for tons of cash with no pic that sound sound an alarm bell in your head saying "hmm, this is bad". thats called common sense.

secondly, what is there to take? they arent forcing the prop on you. no one is holding a gun to your head and saying PAY ME MONEY NOW FOR THIS AND ILL GIVE IT TO YOU IN A FEW WEEKS. trust me, been there done that personally. its not a good feeling.

thirdly <is that a word?> welcome to the board. we try to keep the flames down. we dont wanna scorch the popcorn.

hope you enjoy your stay!
chris

Motorfish
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:40:34 PM
CyberdyneLabs:

Why don't you just spit out exactly what you're refering to, instead of tapdancing around it? This seems unnecessarily and overly theatrical...

Rocketeer25
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:42:29 PM
Sounds like he is talking about Classics Reborn's Lost in Space B9 Robot.

So... What do I win? :)

Lonnie

rayra
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:45:34 PM
CyberdyneLabs (or whomever you may be, easy enough for Admins / Mods to see your IP address next to your post, and compare it to others', if necessary) - nice incendiary first post on a brand spanking new profile.
If you have a real licensee in mind, please share the URL with the rest of the class.
If you have something to contribute, fine.
If you're just stirring up crap, go away.

Rich

(PS - Motorfish, glad to see your icon is feeling better ;) )

Motorfish
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:51:29 PM
CyberdyneLabs:

and in response to you question, my answer would be "no". I would never pay that much for anything sight unseen from someone I didn't know REALLY well.

Razmeister
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:51:55 PM
Rich,

How's your hand healing?

You'll be getting an e-mail from me on an unrelated matter shortly. Please make sure it doesn't get lost in the flood of backlogged mail. :)

Guy

rayra
Aug 27th, 2001, 03:03:13 PM
Hand is doing well, thanks, just spent the last couple of days using it to re-frame a couple of doors, and build a small deck / telescope platform at my Kern River 'Fortress of Solitude'.
Still no skin-sensitivity in palm or two fingers, and still sensitive to pressing force, but holds / carries / works tools well enough - I'm back to building props!.

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 27th, 2001, 03:57:32 PM
This is not flame bait. This is serious. Yes, I'm talking about classicsreborn.com they are breaking every unwritten rule in proping and nobody cares. Well I do. It cheeses me off when BSG.ORG a company that is going way out of it's way to be fan friendly get roasted here, but another company with red lights flashing and alarm bells sounding goes unnoticed.

I'm not trolling I'm mad these guys haven't been told they are screwing up.

Am I wrong?

aStanze
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:03:34 PM
We've discussed CR and GR to the point of we'll just wait and see what happens,:/ I haven't read all of the BSG.org thread, so I can't comment on it.:) I understand that CR and GR are supposed to be two different companies.

-Stanze

rayra
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:09:06 PM
ok, I'll bite -

these guys haven't been told they are screwing up.

I disagree. They have. ClassicsReborn has repeatedly been publicly beaten on over the last 6-8 months. CR/GR is frequently referenced in the same breath with other defaulting / defunct companies. Visit their ezboard site (and don't get tangled in the cobwebs) and see the gathering list of cancelled orders.
CR has been repeatedly dissected, railed against, mocked, and held up as an example of poor customer relations, over the previous months.

If you're saying 'why aren't they getting blasted?', my answer is 'they already have'.

If you're saying 'why aren't the STILL being blasted?' , my answer has two parts: a.) everybody is tired of it, or 2.) some portion of their potential customers may believe that 'keeping their silence in hopes something gets delivered' is a viable strategy for getting what they want.

So. Who are you really? And why throw up the CR chaff, AND invoke the ongoing BSG issues in the same post?

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:10:46 PM
I was in the "wait and see" camp until these guys started sending out e-mails asking for money. Now I've got to cry foul!

They also smashed the B9 builders club out of existence with C&D's.

CR are you out there? Do you have anything to say?

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:17:52 PM
I'm just a B9 builder that has seen the supply of parts dry up and the promise of parts from CR go from weeks to months to...

If these guys have been blasted before I guess it was before my time. And again I would let it go if they weren’t collecting money for a un-shown Robot.

I saw the ICON's operation and knew B9 was over their head. This smells similar.

Tonnikan Jinn
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:18:10 PM
...these guys started sending out e-mails asking for money. Now I've got to cry foul!

Actually, I would cry.... "WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING!?"

There isn't anything wrong with it, it's just plain dumb.

-T.J.

jhyphen
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:23:24 PM
Well, at the risk of being a Pollyanna, I can't imagine CR taking money and NOT coming through. Too many people are watching, including a once-burned studio licensor.

Transparency and customer relations may be open to severe criticism, but it seems unimaginable that they would go the route of Icons.

As much as I find the CR/GR way of doing things distasteful on personal and professional levels, I can't see them taking the money and running....

philippes
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:23:36 PM
CyberdyneLabs,

What is the EXACT projected delivery date? Is there one? Let's mark the date and wait.

Of course, if it were me, I wouldn't send any money to anyone. I'd wait to see if the first order gets delivered. After Icons, once bitten, twice shy.

Phil

LorenzoTOS
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:29:35 PM
I am or was a member of that club. This is the first I've heard of C & D's. I think you should get the facts straight befor you start anything here that you may regret!

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:35:17 PM
The due date is the truly disturbing part. They say "4 weeks from receipt of funds is the TARGET date." I guess we can't start counting until somebody sends in their money. And then it's just a target. Me, I'd be worried that only 4 weeks from production they can't even show us the prototype.

jhyphen: I don’t think CR will intentionally take the money and run. I’m afraid they are in over their heads and this poor customer service may be a warning sign. ICON’s had every intention of shipping the B9 too. But bad business practices killed them.

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:42:55 PM
LorenzoTOS: Sorry if I got it wrong. Here are the facts as I know them. The B9 club was ether given or threatened with a C&D. Either way they definitely shut down the parts page. Also all parts-for-sale discussion was banned from the e-mail list. AND the entire club is now gone over this whole CR thing. Although I don’t think CR made the club disband. I do know that CR promised us parts and now we don’t even have a club.

jbarela
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:48:23 PM
Welcome aboard....I must say the plank is not the best way to get onto the ship.....how about a little introduction of yourself for starters, and definitly swim these waters with care, you have already opened upyourself for the shark fest...Common sense of course is always the answer. I got a full size replica of the jupiter2 for sale..2million and its yours,you pay for shipping.....just kidding brother,just kidding...

welcome aboard again!

Jimmy Barela :smokin: G
jimmy_barela@apl.com

ragacin
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:53:35 PM
Hi Cyberdyne,
It was MY impression that Dewey and others were making parts FOR CR in full coorperation. I have heard this from a number of B-9 people like Scott, Dewey, and Norm. Sooooo.. what's the deal?

Darth Hez
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:54:01 PM
CyberdyneLabs, as far as I'm aware, a prototype has already been shown somewhere. Don't remember where, but I remember seeing the pics of it.

And to answer your question, no, I wouldn't send CR ANY money, let alone $4k, without being certain that product was shipping and people were saying good things about them.

But to come in here and have a go at them for soliciting orders is a bit off. Whatever the faults may have been with GR, I suspect that anyone with $4k of someones hard earned money is not going to be as complacent about customer service. Just my impressions.

JEDIKNIGHT3PO
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:55:26 PM
CyberdyneLabs,

Everything you have said is old news to say the least.......We all know GR/CR is probably never gonna deliver anything, so what do you propose we do?? Go on CNN and protest or some stupid crap like that????

jt001
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:56:51 PM
Hez is right. There was a photo at a con with a fully assembled CR robot. It looked great!.

jt001

jhyphen
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:58:23 PM
Let's put it this way: Anyone who sends a $4K deposit under these circumstances gets exactly what he deserves, which hopefully is a bad-ass B9 robot to display proudly....

Whatever my opinion may be of the individuals behind the venture, I'm hoping that they come through and prove the naysayers wrong....

We need them to succeed to prove that licensed replicas can be done post Icons....

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 27th, 2001, 05:17:03 PM
ragacin: If there are former club members making parts for CR that would be news to me. There were many accusations of club parts being ripped off by CR. I have to say none of these were proved, but I think that is a very sensitive subject and nobody would make parts for them. I could be wrong, I’d like to know who and what parts. And will they sell them to others.

jhyphen: I want them to succeed, at least in supplying parts to the folks they shut down. I’d like all those Icon’s victims to get Robots as well. I just think this company is displaying warning signs.

I also recall seeing photo’s of a Robot. Along with statements of this is not the finished prototype most of the features advertised were not there. Why is this photo not on their web page? I also remember Icon’s displaying a Robot at a Con, which later turned out to be made mostly of other peoples parts.

Is it just me or are the parallels frightening?

JEDIKNIGHT3PO
Aug 27th, 2001, 05:23:14 PM
I think Raz has a copiy of the photo..........It had that hot ass chick in it too....

jhyphen
Aug 27th, 2001, 05:40:45 PM
Hell, it's probably better that the garage builders go underground.... People tend to forget their exposure and become careless. Sometimes they need to remember that discretion is the better part of valor....

A lower profile is not a bad thing, as nice as the idea of a bazaar may seem....

Slave1
Aug 27th, 2001, 06:30:18 PM
"What is the EXACT projected delivery date? Is there one? Let's mark the date and wait."

If I remember correctly, I think at Fright Vision they said they should be starting to ship "next month". That was April. I can remember thinking over four months ago that I'd believe it when I saw it. Now it's August and I haven't heard of any B9s received by anyone.

"I am or was a member of that club. This is the first I've heard of C & D's. I think you should get the facts straight befor you start anything here that you may regret!"

If you were at Frightvision, you probably know that there was an understanding that the club was not to sell unlicensed wares any longer. I think it was more of a mutual understanding so that that it wouldn't come to the point of C & Ds needing to be issued. The result is the same though; no unlicensed stuff is to be sold.

I'm actually surprised this subject hasn't been brought up more often.

jhyphen
Aug 27th, 2001, 06:47:45 PM
According to the official Website, the B-9 will be "AVAILABLE 2nd Quarter 2001".

According to the Website, "[t]he J2 is scheduled for release early in the second quarter of 2001".

And of course, the LIS laser pistol will be "AVAILABLE 2ND QUARTER 2001".

January, February, March.... That's the first quarter.

April, May, June.... That's the second quarter.

July, August, September.... Well, you get the idea.

As long as money doesn't change hands, it's not the wait or delay that bothers as much as the failure to do a simple update....

But I'm still praying for success. God, if they can't do this, licensed replicas are doomed....

micdavis
Aug 27th, 2001, 07:25:04 PM
"I'm going to regret this."

It is not very economically feasible to build LIS robots for the price points that have been specified. I have run the numbers on this six ways from saturday. First three times for Icons then twice for New Line directly. Although New Line never even got their proposal from me. I guess that's only five ways.

If CR can do it AND make money AND provide the Icons "Survivors" with their back orders it will be nothing short of a miracle. More power to them.

Now Mr. Raz that is not meant as a stab or a shot.

They have chosen a very difficult task to "start" with, and have dug themselves a big hole to boot.

Their biggest dissapointment is their lack of information on their web site. Lots of "coming soons" is NOT encouraging.

I think the real question is HOW MANY people IF they knew for sure it would arrive, would even lay out almost $8000 for the Tier 1 let alone the added money for the Tier 3?

"The world may never know."

aStanze
Aug 27th, 2001, 07:34:06 PM
I don't believe Classicsreborn is responsible for filling ICON's backorders. Why should they have to clean up the mess?

-Stanze

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 27th, 2001, 07:44:26 PM
Actually, I think it was part of the deal they made with New Line. CR has to ship a Icon's survivor Robot for every New Robot they sell. They will sell the victim one at cost or something like that. They got the license for free promising to do this. My numbers may be off. Raz knows for sure on this one, as he brokered the deal.

Razmeister
Aug 27th, 2001, 07:49:40 PM
...Clumsily stepping over bleechers and spectators...

<< They have chosen a very difficult task to "start" with, and have dug themselves a big hole to boot >>

And I would submit, Mike, that others are digging that hole around them before they've even taken a dime or have chance to prove themselves or their product...

Since I'm not part of the Icons back order fulfillment plan, all I am at this point is a hopeful and good-willed observer.

Is CR putting the cart before the horse by following up via e-mail with prospective customers before their website is updated with an extensive photo gallery? From a PR perspective, sure.

Should CR or Mannetron have a dedicated customer service desk to field questions from retail customers and Icons Survivors before soliciting sales? From a PR perspective, sure.

Has CR missed self-imposed deadlines in its R&D and production timetables and failed to update its website with timely updates? Unequivocally, yes.

Does DG prioritize people the way he prioritizes his tasks and step on a lot of toes doing so? Sure.

Does this have anything whatsoever to do with Manntron's ability to manufacture the three tiers of B9 Robot replicas in the quantities and frequency required to maintain a steady flow of customers and revenue?

I'll let the hoardes answer that one.

...Clumsily returning to my perch at the top of the bleechers...

Guy

micdavis
Aug 27th, 2001, 08:09:25 PM
Very civil response, thank you.

micdavis
Aug 27th, 2001, 08:16:59 PM
>>I don't believe Classicsreborn is responsible for filling ICON's backorders.

Can Mr.Raz enlighten us to what "the deal" is?

How many robots do CR have to sell before a "backorder" is filled.

What does the "survivor" have to pay (if any)?

What happens if they only sell twenty robots, do the leftover "survivors" just lose?

>>Why should they have to clean up the mess?

Because they agreed to it, I believe.

Razmeister
Aug 27th, 2001, 08:32:38 PM
Shouting from way back:

"You're welcome!"

I'm gratified that this thread has not deteriorated into the DG/GR/CR slam-fest this board has been conditioned to expect, and that rumors and innuendo have been kept to minimum or retracted when facts are presented...

For those who don't know, CR's licensing agreement with New Line Cinema does take into consideration all of the verified B9 Robot and Jupiter 2 spaceship back order customers. It's stipulated in the license, and a delegation of customers including myself hammered the deal after months of negotiations between CR, New Line, and the Icons Survivors Group.

New Line waived royalties on a predetermined number of replicas based on the quantity of known back order customers (since to date James Latta has not submitted Icons' official sales records to New Line's attorneys), and will provide a generous $200 voucher to B9 back order customers to be applied toward shipping. CR is absorbing the manufacturing cost of the redemption robots and will ship them out at a rate of one per every robot sold retail. The qualified back order customers will pay a flat $2,000 for a Tier 2 Robot and sign a release of liabilty exempting New Line or its licensees of any future claim against their Icons losses. Several have already opted for a Tier 3 robot, and they will pay the retail difference between the Tier 2 and Tier 3 in addition to the flat rate.

The Jupiter 2 back order customers will be accomodated in a similar fashion, once their participation cost is assertained based on CR's manufacturing cost and New Line's waving of royalties.

As for projected sales, it has been shown that the international popularity of Lost In Space is still strong, especially in the UK, Australia, New Zeland, Japan, and Canada. CR will likely offer non-replica LIS merchandise to offset a possible slump in B9 sales, and the expected revenue from these sales will in theory enable continued fulfillment of the Icons back orders. Unfortunately, I'm not at liberty to discuss these aspects of the licensed product line.

New Line took Icons and James Latta personally to court on Feb. 7, 2001 for a number of license and contract violations, and was awarded a favorable judgment and compensatory and punitive damages by default since no-one from Icons showed up...

That's it in a nutshell. As DG has told me and the Icons Survivors: "Failure is NOT an option!"

BTW - "civil is good!" :)

Guy

aStanze
Aug 27th, 2001, 08:35:41 PM
That's interesting on the whole IS/CR thing....I stand corrected and newly informed.:)

-Stanze:cool:

:lol: @Guy's Bleacher Seats

micdavis
Aug 27th, 2001, 08:47:48 PM
Thank you again.

Rocketeer25
Aug 27th, 2001, 09:29:16 PM
These pics are of the CR B9 Robot shown at the MotorCity Comic Con held earlier this spring. DG told me that the Robot was about 4 weeks away from being ready. I don't know what parts were original to CR, or what may have come from other sources, but I WANT ONE! :) Best of luck to DG, CR, and everyone in line for one of these babies!! Now if I could only talk my wife into selling the car, maybe.... :)

members.home.net/lbjfarme...andbob.jpg (http://members.home.net/lbjfarmer/motorcitycomiccon/merobotandbob.jpg)

members.home.net/lbjfarme...robot4.jpg (http://members.home.net/lbjfarmer/motorcitycomiccon/robot4.jpg)

Lonnie

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 28th, 2001, 11:28:00 AM
Thanks for the pics. I have seen them before but why are they not on CR’s web page? I’ve seen many pictures of my own B9’s that doesn’t mean I can manufacture numbers of them in a timely and cost effective manner.

CR or DG or who ever you are, I know you monitor these pages, or your agents do. I changed the title so you might better find this thread. Why no comment? Even Icon’s could show us a picture of lines of B9 torso’s and stacks of parts. Where are yours?

Razmeister
Aug 28th, 2001, 12:19:54 PM
New Line originally requested that no photos of the CR B9 be posted until it was approved and in production. Given the delays, that explains the lack of photos.

The fact is, they were'nt too happy about having the prototype out in Novi, despite the fact that DG was dying to let out some information and generate presale interest.

There are issues not everybody is aware of and that are confidential in nature. Why no give the guy a break until these robots start shipping?

It's his house he needs to get in order, and as well-meaning as we are, it's not our job to tell him how to. Other artisans in this forum often take exceptional offense when one of us dares to tell them how to run their business. It WILL become our business only if a customer gets screwed or the product is substandard. And that has not happened yet to the best of my knowledge.

Guy

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 28th, 2001, 12:29:19 PM
Raz: I would agree with you 100% IF they weren't asking for nearly four grand NOW before they are ready to ship or even post a picture. They did announce that their design was approved by New Line didn't they? So why no new info?

I would have never brought this up if they had waited until they had Robot's in stock to ask for money.

Asking for cash before you can show any progress on production units smells like a rip-off. No matter if it's a tiny one-man operation, CR, or Microsoft.

Razmeister
Aug 28th, 2001, 01:34:23 PM
And I would submit that people pre-order cars before they hit the showrooms and Microsoft operating systems before they find their way to retail outlets.

All I'm saying is give CR the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. CR is only two enterpreneuring businessmen with a love of sci-fi props and moderately deep pockets. They are the "face" of the license, while their partner company, Mannetron, with over 40 employees, is responsible for production. I've been assured that a dedicated customer service desk WILL be in place once orders are accepted and production is underway. We're now talking about days, not weeks.

The B9s will be built in batches of ten, with 5 going to back order customers.

This is the plan. Delays notwithstanding, I expect that CR will deliver.

Call me an optimist. :)

Guy

Darth Robby
Aug 28th, 2001, 02:00:08 PM
I was (am?) also a member of the B9 Builder's club, but have been mostly watching the proceedings from the sidelines as I worked on my own B9.

The truly sad part is that the members of the club have ripped it apart themselves over the CR issue. It's a real shame, because they are a really great bunch of people.

BTW, A lot of people don't seem to know this, but some of the content from the B9 club can still be found at a site set up by Dewey at:
www.b9robotbuildersclub.com/ (http://www.b9robotbuildersclub.com/)

micdavis
Aug 28th, 2001, 02:21:42 PM
>>The truly sad part is that the members of the club have ripped it apart themselves over the CR issue. It's a real shame, because they are a really great bunch of people.

I don't feel the club has been ripped apart. The person that was hosting the club site has chosen not to associate with Classic Reborn. All that happened was the site moved servers.

Some of us that moved to the B9Exchange list so as to not jeopardize Dewey Howard position with our comments. He (Dewey) built the club so it was his decision, so when CR put a stop to the parts sales some of us didn't want to be under that thumb.

Don't over dramatize this. And we still are a great bunch of people. Except for me.:p

"Are you the Judea People's Front?"
"F*** off!!!"
"We're the People's Front of Judea"

Grand Milk Carton0
Aug 28th, 2001, 02:23:43 PM
Guy, I really highly doubt if you wern't buddies with him would you be saying to give CR the benefit of the doubt. And then try to compare it to pre-ordering cars and a OS. Um, the Car Companies have demo cars, give them out for road test, have pictures brochures. Microsoft releases Betas, send out copies, and gives Demos of the OS. In both cases you know the Companies have the product, And in both cases those companies have a history of delivering. What has CR delivered? They can't even give out pictures of the product themselves?? That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard.

Someone comes to me asking for 4000+ dollars with no pictures, nothing. They would get my best eric cartman voice, and I quote "Suck my balls four thousand dollars"

That is one vote for "no"

micdavis
Aug 28th, 2001, 02:26:18 PM
Would somebody shoot me now!!!

I used one of those retarded emoticons.

KILL ME!!! KILL ME!!!! PLEASE!!!

Docking Bay 93
Aug 28th, 2001, 02:35:10 PM
Sorry to hijack the post, but Dan...are you getting my emails? If so, write me back, if you feel like it. If you don't feel like it, tell me why. That's all, thanks!

Stay on Target...

dockingbay93@hotmail.com

Darth Robby
Aug 28th, 2001, 02:39:32 PM
>> (edit...hit the wrong key):D on't over dramatize this. And we still are a great bunch of people. Except for me<<

Sorry. Didn't intend to over dramatize. Gad....to think I evoked an emoticon!.....

Would I pay $7,995 for a CR B9? Nope. I'm having too much fun building my own!

micdavis
Aug 28th, 2001, 02:59:37 PM
>>Would I pay $7,995 for a CR B9? Nope. I'm having too much fun building my own!

Good!!!!

"This is supposed to fun @#%$ it!!"--Crash Davis, Bull Durham

BTW...your Free Button Graphics just went in the mail.

Darth Robby
Aug 28th, 2001, 03:09:49 PM
Most Excellent. And thanks again.
Mark

droidboy
Aug 28th, 2001, 03:22:27 PM
I get to start on mine next month. Woo hoo. Most of my parts have been aquired. Now to start putting it all together.

Of course once I get everything caught up.

Gregg

Darth Robby
Aug 28th, 2001, 03:29:51 PM
I'm doing my B9 first, next I plan to build R2. Then, if my wife has not threatened to kill me, I'll tackle Robby.

philippes
Aug 28th, 2001, 03:45:02 PM
Sorry, I have to agree with Grand Milk Carton.

Phil

jhyphen
Aug 28th, 2001, 04:00:46 PM
GMC:

In fact, just last August, Guy sent me an email in which he stated the following:

"Helping Classics Reborn with New Line and other licenses hasn't paid off for me yet either
despite Dave Gielda's promises of some kind of reward (which I never asked him for) and even if it does, it won't be for several more months, so I can't bank on it."

Draw your own conclusions.

Razmeister
Aug 28th, 2001, 04:53:34 PM
Back to the bleechers I go...

http://pythonet.org/women4.gif

Rocketeer1938
Aug 28th, 2001, 09:50:01 PM
Remember that cool countdown opening from Lost in Space?

>From: "CR INFO" <Info@classicsreborn.com>
>To: "Name Deleted"
>Subject: RE: B9 Robot
> Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:37:47 -0400
>
>Here is a link to the robot features and prices:
>www.classicsreborn.com/st...index.html (http://www.classicsreborn.com/standard/products/intro/index.html)
>
>We are starting to take orders now, with a 50% deposit. Delivery is
>projected to be 4 weeks from the date of order.
>
>Payments can be made to us, and must be paid in full prior to us shipping to you.
>
>We will be accepting all major credit cards as well.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-CR

Let’s see Aug. 21 plus 4 weeks = Sept. 18

micdavis
Aug 28th, 2001, 11:46:08 PM
Hey Bonehead,

That email says from date of order.

What a jerk!!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Richard Compton
Aug 29th, 2001, 12:28:14 AM
The B9 is kind of a lame robot anyways. :) *runs*

Rocketeer1938
Aug 29th, 2001, 02:10:32 AM
I get it now, nobody ever sends them the $4K and they never have to ship.

A cunning plan :lol:

Onigiri
Aug 29th, 2001, 02:32:11 AM
I'm with GMC on this one. What track record they have is not a good one and the front men have gawd awful customer service skills. Asking for up front money is not a good move when that is the way the Icons customers got burned. I keep hearing about CR's good intentions but until I see reviews from satisfied customers (and brave if they prepay) then 'no thanks' and best of luck to the courageous few. CR should take some notes on how a project(s) should be run from folks like LL (PB), Bobadebt, and Luuke (sorry if I missed anyone)....

Razmeister
Aug 29th, 2001, 02:45:44 AM
Shouting from the bleechers:

"What, is the "MARK IV" chopped liver?!?!?!" ;)

Guy

CyberdyneLabs
Aug 29th, 2001, 11:35:20 AM
The MARK IV??? Did CR ship something?

micdavis
Aug 30th, 2001, 02:17:34 PM
A message I got from Kevin Burns. With permission to re-publish.

Dear Mike --
I haven't talked to Dave Imhoff in several months, so I don't know if he (or anyone at New Line) has approved a CR prototype B9. I was told by Steve Buscaino that New Line did approve the prototype, based on the convention photos. If this is true, I would question Dave Imhoff's judgement. I would hope - especially after the Icons debacle - that New Line would only approve a prototype after a physical inspection of an actual retail sample. I am also somewhat concerned that Manetron and CR never solicited my input or approval of their B9 (as they assured me they would do) before "going to market." Although they had no obligation to do this, I would have thought it would be a smart move on their part. As for the $4,000.00 deposits... I would keep my money in my pockets for awhile.
Regards,
Kevin

Just thought it was interesting

THX Phile
Aug 30th, 2001, 04:46:41 PM
...while I respect Kevin Burns for keeping the torch of Lost in Space alive with some wonderful videos, the restored original and replica he had built were not true to the original as we saw it on Lost in Space. There were some liberties taken. The sensors in particular stand out in my mind. So, as a B9 fan, and hopefully future owner of a CR replica, I'm not too upset that they did not ask Mr. Burns for his input. The CR version could have very well turned out to be as inaccurate as his.

micdavis
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:11:29 PM
That really wasn't the point.

I wasn't looking to him for accuracy.

It was too see who, how or if that process had even occured as claimed on the CR website.

Didn't it scare you to see that New Line (given KB's info is correct) approved the project from Convention pictures that were stated by CR to be not of the final retail version.

"It scares the willies out of me!!"-- Slarty Bardfast, the Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Rocketeer1938
Sep 4th, 2001, 11:35:54 AM
Only 14 days 'til the "TARGET" ship date...

Rocketeer1938
Sep 10th, 2001, 12:45:49 PM
Only 8 days 'til the "TARGET" ship date...

This is getting exciting!!!

Seriously. Has anybody on this list ordered anything from Classics Reborn?

And I guess ordered means you sent in money.

CyberdyneLabs
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:09:33 PM
It's days from the expected ship day of the first B9, and these guys don't even respond on their own Forum.

pub31.ezboard.com/fclassicsrebornfrm1 (http://pub31.ezboard.com/fclassicsrebornfrm1)

CR have you taken any orders?

Are you going to ship? Ever?

micdavis
Sep 14th, 2001, 07:29:17 PM
http://www.cdsandiego.com/mjd/reborn.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

micdavis
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:03:20 AM
I posted the above image on Classics Reborn web site forum and they banned me for it.

The truth hurts, eh!

Rocketeer1938
Sep 17th, 2001, 12:40:20 PM
ONE DAY LEFT!!!

Yahooooo! I can't wait to see what happens!

Rocketeer1938
Sep 19th, 2001, 08:20:07 PM
This isn't fun anymore. :x

These guys are liars at best. Hopefully they're not cheats.

The web page now says Q4, that's 6 months past the original ship date. We're + 1 day late and counting from the "Target Date".

No one has admitted to sending them any money, AND PLEASE DO NOT!

Their web page has some "new photos" but these are all prototypes, there is nothing that look like production parts. At least ICON's could show rows of parts ready to go…

http://www.nucgen.com/ireborn.jpg

jhyphen
Sep 19th, 2001, 08:55:00 PM
Hilarious banner!!!

CyberdyneLabs
Sep 19th, 2001, 10:57:32 PM
Let this thread die. They don't care. They will never ship a complete B9. I only hope they can squeeze out some of the parts they promised as they stomped the club builders.

Flix4Me
Sep 19th, 2001, 11:10:56 PM
Very good micdavis!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: