PDA

View Full Version : Parks Vs Lightech

Gytheran
Sep 19th, 2001, 02:28:55 AM
Does anyone know why lightech sabers cost more than Parks'?

Just wondering.. thanks

Joe

Draco Lawgiver
Sep 19th, 2001, 10:52:27 AM
Um....because they're better? :)

I have one of Mike's custom Lightech saber hilts and blades and it is sweet. The hilt looks and feels like a crossover saber between the Old Republic and Imperial times. Plus, it's designed to be expanded, such as by placing one of Gilmadyne's vortex chips in the hilt. An excellent product!

leiasky
Sep 19th, 2001, 12:06:52 PM
I'll never get a Lightech blade because it is so much more expensive.

thedarthside
Sep 19th, 2001, 01:00:07 PM
i own both. just got my first parks a few days ago and it rocks. i love my EL O too but the blue effect from parks is better imho. i'm waiting for mike's newer blue blades so i'm hoping it'll only be better.

Gytheran
Sep 19th, 2001, 01:23:48 PM
The price is why I haven't purchased one either. I have a parksaber and I only payed $210 shipped and lightech's are $325.

Joe

*EDIT*
Draco... Well it's nice that you say "It's better", but being able to put in a sound chip doesn't sound like reason enough to tack on a minimum of $60... especially if you're not going to advertise it. The only upgrade I see on his site is to purchase an alternate emitter. Then again the only reason I'd do that is if I didn't like the one that came with the saber to begin with, but if that's the case why aren't they offered as an alternative to the standard one. I have absolutely no problem sticking with a single emitter as long as I like it. If I don't like it, why spend ANOTHER $35-$45 to make it look better?

Romans Empire
Sep 19th, 2001, 02:06:58 PM
There isn't that much of a difference... Or am I missing something here???

The Fury by Parks costs $265 & his Echelon costs $285

One of Lightech's sabers cost $295

Doesn't seem to be much of difference. I'm also not sure that I can agree that one is better than another... only that they are different.

But as to the main point of this thread... they're pretty close in cost. :)

Gytheran
Sep 19th, 2001, 02:33:50 PM
Actually... on his site (LT), he doesn't offer a saber for under $325.

I got my Shadow from Parks for $210 (shipped)

Joe

BTW Roman: any updates on the MK1? :)

Romans Empire
Sep 19th, 2001, 02:38:32 PM
Just the last one I sent you guys Saturday. I'm waiting to hear from Larry... I hope he says thay've already shipped.

Believe me... EVERYONE will know when I receive the clamps... you know how I like BIG Productions!!! ;)

Duke Chad
Sep 19th, 2001, 02:51:11 PM
I think we have talked about this subject to death, IMHO.

Final analysis....

Both products are top notch and offered at a fair price.

Gytheran
Sep 19th, 2001, 02:57:23 PM
Actually IMHO... we haven't. People have asked which are a better product. That is not what I'm asking. I want to know what is so special about lightech sabers that justify the price difference.

Joe

viperforce
Sep 19th, 2001, 03:16:58 PM
Hi Joe,
I just wanted to jump in here before this turns into a major this or that war!
We both make sabers and blades....period!
We have tried to create a "system" which allows the buyer to purchase componenets to redesign the hilt to his or her liking.
We CNC machine all of our componenets to very tight tolerances. Our shop makes componenets for NASA as well as components for the racing industry. Machining is expensive and due to the fact that we use the "best" possible it justifies the cost.
We sell our combo for $325 on our website, to the prop board and at conventions we sell them for $295. This saber is battle worthy and very durable. The quality speaks for itself but that is really as I have always said a matter of opinion. Parks make a decent product. I have his products and I like them, but we make something different. Variety makes the world go round and rather then "copy" what someone else has done we created our own!
I will not go into a why mine is better discussion but feel free to call me at anytime and we can discuss the ins and outs of both systems! Our number is 410-282-3976.
Thanks again to those for the compliments on our products!!!
I hope this helps,
take care,
Mike "viperforce"
mike@lightechindustries.com

Gytheran
Sep 19th, 2001, 03:23:25 PM
Thanks for jumping in here, Mike. I was not aware you were selling the combo to the board for cheaper... I stand corrected. I've got one question, though. Could I purchase one with one of your other emitters, or do I have to buy the combo and then puchase the emitter?

Joe

viperforce
Sep 19th, 2001, 03:58:53 PM
Hey Joe,
No problem! I can swap out for any emitter you would like! We usually do that at the shows for people and if someone like your self requests it!
Just let me know what you need and we would be happy to accomodate you!
i forgot to mention you can e-mail me your number as well and I will call you back to save you on the charges.
Talk to you soon,
Mike "viperforce"
mike@lightechindustries.com
viperforce@webtv.net

RoDann
Sep 19th, 2001, 04:13:56 PM
What Roman said. Plus, having met Mike at DragonCon, I'd rather do business with him. Period.

Jim

aStanze
Sep 19th, 2001, 04:54:45 PM
Mike, just wondering if you received my payment for Blue Gfx blade?:) Thanks.

-Anthony Arellano
aStanze
endings1@pacbell.net

spchaser
Sep 19th, 2001, 05:17:02 PM
I was wondering the same thing Mike. Did you ever get my payment for the blue grflx blade I sent you? I sent it to the wrong email and you told me to resend it. So I did, but I never got a response from you.

Victor
spchaser

J Scott D
Sep 19th, 2001, 05:32:49 PM
I met Mike at DC2001...great guy, and his EL blades looked great. :)

Never met Jeff, but I watched him insult this forum when he accused everyone here of being a bunch of no-talents...more of a dig at his competitors I'm sure, but an insult nonetheless. :(

Guess who got my money?

Scott D.

viperforce
Sep 19th, 2001, 05:52:36 PM
Here is the second wave "Paid" list! Shipping will be partially tonight, tomorrow and the next day!
2nd Wave!
Ryan Loche - 1 blue
Troy Riemersma - 1 blue
Rudy Villalpondo - 1 blue
Bruno DeMararchi - 1 green "kit"
Jonard Doniego - 2 red
Greg Switzer - 1 blue
Eric Lowe - 1 green, 2 red
Sean Aveinll - 1 blue
Steven Vitti - 1 blue
Victor Wang - 1 blue
Brian Marchman - 1 blue
Scott Dalton - 1 blue
Mike Gonsucin - 1 blue
Jason O'Donnell - 1 blue
Vince Sanchez - 2 blue
Eric Tank - 2 red
Jason Daily - 1 blue
Kyang Bae - 1 blue
Toshlyuki Maruyama - 3 blue, 1 red
Takafumi Tanibuchi - 1 blue, 1 green, 2 red
Tammy Olsen - 2 red, (30 inch)
if there any correction to be made please contact me via e-mail or call 410-282-3976. This list does not include anyone outsdie the RPF and does not include replacement blades as they will be going out as well. This list also does not include 3rd wave pre-paid orders!
If I mispelled names I appologize and we are taking orders for 3rd wave right now!
Thanks,
take care,
Mike "viperforce"

aStanze
Sep 19th, 2001, 06:05:21 PM
If I'm not on that list, does that mean I'm on the 3rd wave?:) Thanks.

-Anthony Arellano
aStanze
endings1@pacbell.net

thedarthside
Sep 19th, 2001, 06:21:25 PM
mike

i'm still owed 2 blue blades from the first round you left out of my order. will these ship in this wave?

thanks

chris

viperforce
Sep 19th, 2001, 08:33:36 PM
Hi Chris,
Your two blue blades are on the way!!!
Connie had written you an e-mail earlier letting you know that they were to be shipped and as I stated replacement blades are going to be shipped with second wave blades!
Take care,
Mike "viperforce"
I will e-mail you the tracking number as well!

The Ancient Enemy
Sep 19th, 2001, 08:50:28 PM
Hiya there Mike,this is Darryl from Maine.I ordered a red kit with adapter last week and payed with CC over the phone.Any idea if I will be on the second wave of blades or the third?Take care,TAE

Gytheran
Sep 19th, 2001, 08:59:35 PM
next question... How do you hijack a hijacked thread?

J/k

Romans Empire
Sep 19th, 2001, 09:30:21 PM
Like this...

Hey The Ancient Enemy, is there a FULL SIZE image of ol' Cap that you used in your sig, anywhere?

The Ancient Enemy
Sep 19th, 2001, 09:45:36 PM
Sure is buddy.Here ya go!!
www.abts.net/~mcfeleak/Ca...Mourns.jpg (http://www.abts.net/~mcfeleak/CaptainAmericaMourns.jpg)
See?That's how it's done.Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.:)

Admiral Talus
Sep 19th, 2001, 10:04:26 PM
You've peeked my curiousity. What's light tech's web page (if they have one) so I can have myself a looksee at these sabers. If you don't want to post it here you can e-mail me at bloodmist01@hotmail.com

Gytheran
Sep 19th, 2001, 10:11:08 PM
www.lightechindustries.com/ (http://www.lightechindustries.com/)

No prob

Admiral Talus
Sep 19th, 2001, 10:12:33 PM
Thanks

Draco Lawgiver
Sep 20th, 2001, 02:36:35 AM
I'd also like to point out that Mike probably one of the coolest and nicest dealers to work with. If you ever call him, he'll talk your ear off about his product! :p He's very passionate about his work.

Mike reads the boards and is up-to-date with what's going on in the community. When was the last time you saw Jeff here?

Hey Mike, are you shipping me that one blade we talked about? :)

Gytheran
Sep 20th, 2001, 05:18:17 AM
Well yeah it's relly nice that Mike keeps up with the board on a regular basis, but I'm not going to hold it against Jeff because he doesn't live his life at this board the way I do. :)

jt001
Sep 20th, 2001, 10:22:55 AM
I will be on the third wave! :)

I just spoke with Mike over the phone and he really is a great guy!

jt001