PDA

View Full Version : Stormtrooper undersuit....what type is best??

Dean O
Sep 19th, 2001, 12:44:15 PM
I am close to having a trooper suit and wanted to get my undersuit for it. I've seen different types used by people. Some use the dance skins, some use dive skins, while others use wet suits. What is the best type and why. I have found a few dive skins( theses are the thin non-neoprene ones right?) With a zipper in the back for around 40.00. A friend of mine has the dance skin and the velcro picked it all to hell within 3-4 times of wearing it. I've heard that the neoprene wet suits are too hot. Is that the case? I'd like something that I can wear in the winter and not be too cold, but also not sweat to death during the summer.
Also if you have any sources for a good place to get them that would be helpful too.

Thanks,

Jeeves
Sep 19th, 2001, 12:53:04 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm a skinny guy, so I'll take any help I can get with a skin-tight garment! ;) Therefore, I went with the diveskin. I REALLY like it, although I imagine it is not as cool as a dance outfit. The benefits of mine are: 1) durable -- well stitched, heavy duty zips 2) substantial material weight, not flimsy 3) certain areas are reinforced (knees an elbows) which reduces chafing to some degree. I don't remember the company that makes it, but if you email me at home (rajiva@intelos.net) I'll get it for you.

It is hot, however, but I'm always so happy when I'm in my suit that it doesn't matter. :)

Jeeves

Docking Bay 93
Sep 19th, 2001, 01:06:09 PM
As I always say, an Unfurnished Basement is always best... ;)

Stay on Target...

dockingbay93@hotmail.com

ytt1300
Sep 19th, 2001, 01:11:34 PM
I prefer the look of black grease paint over a nude body for the undersuit.....;)

aStanze
Sep 19th, 2001, 01:22:36 PM
I prefer the look of black grease paint over a nude body for the undersuit.....;)

ROTFLMAO!:lol:

darthgoat
Sep 19th, 2001, 01:25:12 PM
:lol:

how did i guess stanze would reply to that one. :lol:

Dean O
Sep 19th, 2001, 01:53:55 PM
"I prefer the look of black grease paint over a nude body for the underersuit..... "

Okay, so we have one good idea for the summer but how about winter? ;)

Azeem
Sep 19th, 2001, 03:24:53 PM
www.renaissancedancewear.com

She made the Tour Trooper undersuits. She also made my Carnor Jax customized undersuit.

They are a little more expensive though.

a302nsyd
Sep 20th, 2001, 03:07:14 AM
What Azeem said...that's where I got mine too.

Still love it. Turtle neck, no stirrups, crotch zipper and front zipper, sleeves 1" longer than normal. Even got her to make me matching gloves.

cdw

CameronOakley
Sep 20th, 2001, 03:31:15 AM
I use a thermal undersuit kind of thing. It is thin, and skin tight, but in two pieces- legs and top, you can get them in turtle-neck too which is handy with a trooper costume. I am quite thin and they are perfect on me. Cost me only about $50US for both of them. I got them from my local camping goods shop, people wear them under hiking clothes etc or up in the snow.

Cam

TK 414
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:03:30 AM
Cliff and Azeem are right.

I have this undersuit too and itīs the best I ever saw and had. I tryed a lot of suits and this one fits perfect.

Guido
TK414

oohyeah88
Sep 20th, 2001, 11:32:01 AM
How much does the renaissance ones cost?
Also, does the velcro pick it apart like with some other materials too?
FYI, I got myself a really cheap top and bottom from a flea market (actually they are female tights!!! :lol: ) - cost me equivalent of about US$6 each.

(in fact, my gloves were also from a female lingerie shop!! :lol: cost like US$2!!)