PDA

View Full Version : Back from Dragon Con! "New" Blades and Second wave

viperforce
Sep 6th, 2001, 02:19:23 AM
Just got back from DC and it was great! As usual it was fantastic meeting some new faces as well as some I already know!
Tim and Greg had a Fantastic setup showing off their wares and thanks to them for advertising our blades that will fit their new saber hilt lineup!
RoDann, fantastic saber work as well!
Hypo and Fugazi, nice metting you guys as well!
If I am leaving out anyone I appologize but I do enjoy talking to you guys and putting faces with names!
Got to also see Maniacman's (Lance) Biker Scout pistol and Superman Crystal, very nice work! The crystal and base is a must have for the prop or Superman collector!
There was probably much more to see but I was very busy and could not leave my booth, sorry if I missed anyone elses crafts!

Now back to business....
Beginnning tomorrow we are starting to assemble WAVE TWO! We expect to ship them on the week of the 10th!
What is this talk of a new blade???
Well we certainly do have a new blade and it is our best yet! We are as most companies do constantly looking to improve our products everyday! Our older style blades are good as well but we have changed a few materials to make a better product.
What about the blades already shipped???
Well here is a solution that Connie, Larry and I have come up with!
If you have an older blade and want the "New" one we will rebuild your blade for $20 plus shipping! This covers the cost for the new materials and labor. Please keep in mind that we only want to offer you this because we value all our customers and want you to have a chance to get the best we offer!
The materials we use now make the blade brighter, smoother and the overlap is 1/8" or less and semi-transparent!!!
The blade connection is soldered, heat shrunk then glued into place!
Due to the low cost of the blades already we just can't trade everyones blade back in but you have to understand we needed to get out the existing orders in the first wave and the new blade was still experimental at that time!
There were a few people that had problems with their first wave blades so we decided to resend them out the new blades as replacements! Due to the price costs and labor we just can't take back everyones blades but think of it this way, if you bought a first wave blade and like it then you might want to purchase a newer blade later one and keep the older to beat around with! They were only $60 each! I hope everyone understands my situation, I will try my best to make everyone happy as this is the first line of our business, customer service!
Connie and I have a ton of e-mails and will be working tomorrow on them! If you need to reach me here is the number 410-282-3976 and my e-mail addys are mike @lightechindustries.com and viperforce@webtv.net
I will keep everyone updated on any new development!
Talk to you soon,
Mike "viperforce"

CeSquared
Sep 6th, 2001, 02:21:57 AM
Sounds good Mike. I can't wait for my new blades!! :)

hydin
Sep 6th, 2001, 02:27:52 AM
sounds awesome to me. good compromise <cost of new materials> for a weird and potentionally flame war starting issue.

id love to see some pics of the older style blade versus the newer though. same color, etc. im planning on, when funds allow, to upgrade the gfx i get from larry with a blade.

also, some colors would be awesome. i still have no clue what colors yours come in heh. any chance of a cobalt or a purple blade?

thanks man, and lemme know
chris

Justin WFCOMICS
Sep 10th, 2001, 03:39:58 PM
Heya Mike,

Sorry I missed you at Dragon*Con. You were so busy each time I can by your booth I didn't want to interrupt your grooze by stepping in.

Later!
Justin =)

StrangeloveDr
Sep 10th, 2001, 07:02:39 PM
AHHHHHHHH, Cant wait to get mine!!!!

sabowan
Sep 10th, 2001, 10:46:03 PM
Yeah boy! I can vouch for Mike and say that his new blades are AWESOME...and I LOVED his old ones. I can't wait to get my 2nd wave red and green blades. I'd also like to see a purple blade in the future if at all possible since...

SPOILER...

Mace will be wielding one in E2.

FugaziSDC
Sep 10th, 2001, 11:17:07 PM
Howdy Mike!

It was cool meeting you and Connie as well. I had a blast at DC too!:lol: You sabers rock!:)

ZackR
Sep 10th, 2001, 11:21:12 PM
I would like to see the new blades as well. I have a Larbel Gflx on the way, and am going to be in the market for a blade very soon.

J Scott D
Sep 10th, 2001, 11:29:37 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed meeting you Mike!

You people should have seen Mike whack one of those blades against part of his display booth! Those blades must be bullet-proof!

Looking forward to getting mine,

Scott D.

StrangeloveDr
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:18:25 PM
Any news on the blades? I know with this mess it could be awhile, I am just curious if anyone has talked to Mike.

Sean Galt
Sep 20th, 2001, 02:39:27 PM
Ahhhh-BUMP!
Has there been any news on wave 2?
"tap...tap..."
Anyone?
Is shipping still totally screwed, still? Just wondering.

Sean_Galt@yahoo.com

spchaser
Sep 20th, 2001, 05:51:35 PM
Read the Parks vs. Lightech thread.