PDA

View Full Version : What should I be for Halloween?

Tonka2bad
Sep 18th, 2001, 07:58:53 PM
I just realized how close it is, and realized I didn't want to be my first choice at all.

What should I be, any ideas? Stuff that I could do in a month or so?

Sith Sheriff Brody
Sep 18th, 2001, 08:09:47 PM
A low-end Indy outfit is relativly simple.

-SSB

swampbug
Sep 18th, 2001, 08:28:58 PM
I know... you can be a, California Rasin. Get a nice big old BLACK Garbage bad and go wild...

or not. :)

Admiral Talus
Sep 18th, 2001, 08:30:24 PM
You could be......yourself. Oh wait, nevermind.

DKWD
Sep 18th, 2001, 09:16:13 PM
If you have a Polaroid, you can go as the guy from Momento. You need the camera - you can take pictures of all the hotties.
You need a sharpie - to make notes on the pictures.

And the best thing is you can ignore people later or just walk away from them - no short term memory.

David

Jedi Quin
Sep 18th, 2001, 09:47:30 PM
You could go as a classic...www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.j...4290271203 (http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?UV=223211705216_88022471203&US=0&collid=14290271203&photoid=54290271203)

kimncris
Sep 18th, 2001, 10:48:18 PM
You should be Korben Dallas and inspire jealousy in the rest of the group because your costume is DONE! ;)

:) Kim

J Scott D
Sep 18th, 2001, 10:51:58 PM
Don't forget the person you use for your personal pic...

http://members8.clubphoto.com/tim402270/Message_Board_Stuff/photo1.jpg

TIMAH! :)

Scott D.

Sandtrooper
Sep 19th, 2001, 12:39:31 AM
Dude..just wear your pants...
if anyone asks what you are, tell them youre a premature ejaculation and you just came in your pants.

Derek

Docking Bay 93
Sep 19th, 2001, 12:17:38 PM
You can do what I'm doing (besides my Smuggler outfit for the SW party, that is)...I've never dressed as a Vampire before, so I'm doing that. BUT, there's a twist...I'm hand-carving a "stake", but only the top half...it'll be strapped to a belt around my chest, and sticking out of my shirt. I'll act as nothing is wrong, and when people see it, they'll say something about the stake. I'll then look down at it casually, and then act like it's something new, and realize that it hurts..."ow!"...could be funny. I'll post pics of it after halloween.

Stay on Target...

dockingbay93@hotmail.com

jbarela
Sep 19th, 2001, 12:24:20 PM
Be yourself and tell everyone that you are an evil clone from the Empire.

JImmy

patsmear
Sep 19th, 2001, 01:02:27 PM
Wear a lond trench coat and run around stabbing boxes of Kellog products. You could be a Cereal killer.

Pat

Docking Bay 93
Sep 19th, 2001, 07:08:56 PM
You could dress like a friend of mine...he's going as Tetsuo this year, from AKIRA. I might even be making a "mechanical" arm for him, if we have time. It'll be a really cool outfit, especially if I can get the arm right.

Stay on Target...

dockingbay93@hotmail.com

Tonka2bad
Sep 19th, 2001, 07:48:39 PM
"A low-end Indy outfit is relativly simple."

Good idea there. I used to have the *licensed* (ugh) fedora, wish I'd cept it now.

"I know... you can be a, California Rasin. Get a nice big old BLACK Garbage bad and go wild...
or not."

:lol:

"Why not? You could be......yourself. Oh wait, nevermind."

"If you have a Polaroid, you can go as the guy from Momento. You need the camera - you can take pictures of all the hotties.
You need a sharpie - to make notes on the pictures.
And the best thing is you can ignore people later or just walk away from them - no short term memory."

I like this idea just because of the hottie thing . . . and I like obscure costumes.

"You should be Korben Dallas and inspire jealousy in the rest of the group because your costume is DONE!"

Would you really be jealous if I did that? Hahahahahah :evil:

"Don't forget the person you use for your personal pic...
TIMAH!"

Just don't have the wheelchair man, but I have the dialogue down.
"What are you supposed to be?"
"TIMAH!"
"Who's that?"
"TIMAH!"
"Would you like a drink?"
"TIMAH!"

"Dude..just wear your pants...
if anyone asks what you are, tell them youre a premature ejaculation and you just came in your pants."

"I've never dressed as a Vampire before, so I'm doing that. BUT, there's a twist...I'm hand-carving a "stake", but only the top half...it'll be strapped to a belt around my chest, and sticking out of my shirt. I'll act as nothing is wrong, and when people see it, they'll say something about the stake. I'll then look down at it casually, and then act like it's something new, and realize that it hurts..."ow!"...could be funny. I'll post pics of it after halloween."

I want to see it, and I dig the idea.

"Be yourself and tell everyone that you are an evil clone from the Empire."

I wouldn't want to do that because the thought of the title "Attack of the Clones" would horrify too much.

"Wear a lond trench coat and run around stabbing boxes of Kellog products. You could be a Cereal killer."

:lol: I actually did this one year!

"You could dress like a friend of mine...he's going as Tetsuo this year, from AKIRA. I might even be making a "mechanical" arm for him, if we have time. It'll be a really cool outfit, especially if I can get the arm right."

I've never seen Akira, just Ghost in the Shell and a couple others. Do you got a pic?

Solo4114
Sep 19th, 2001, 10:28:53 PM
I can vouch for the low-end indy. I did one one year for about $80 or so. And the hat was the most expensive part, at about $40-60. Can't remember exactly. I bought an army surplus shirt, had the leather jacket, bought the hat, wore a pair of khakis, bought a beat up pair of brown boot/shoes at the local thrift store, and picked up a cheap gas mask bag and got myself a costume whip. Really what makes the costume is the hat. You see lots of Indy's out there, but they always wear something like a cowboy hat or some Aussie outback hat and it just doesn't look right. Look on e-bay for a cheap fedora, or find a local hat shop. If you've got the leather jacket, you're basically done with the expensive stuff.

Another option is to go as some random rock star. IE: I've been planning on doing Slash this year, since it's really easy to do (I've got the guitar and the boots, so the most expensive parts are done). But I can't find the damn tophat anywhere. Anyone got any suggestions? (not to hijack the thread or anything...)

Outside of that, you could always pick up some cheap guitar case, fill it full of toy guns, and walk around talking like Antonio Banderas. :) Or dress in drag in some prom dress, cover yourself in ketchup or fake blood and go as Carrie. A friend of mine did that last year (not dressing in drag, though, she's a girl).
Dan Shay

Sluis Van Shipyards
Sep 20th, 2001, 12:09:40 AM
>tell them youre a premature ejaculation and you just came in >your pants.

:rollin: :lol: :rollin:

Tonka2bad
Sep 20th, 2001, 09:36:28 PM
"Outside of that, you could always pick up some cheap guitar case, fill it full of toy guns, and walk around talking like Antonio Banderas. "

I was thinking of that last year