PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to get a Leatherface mask?

patsmear
Sep 19th, 2001, 11:53:31 PM
I want a leatherface mask from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Any ideas?

Pat

pettibone2375
Sep 20th, 2001, 12:06:21 AM
If you find out, PLMK also.

Thanks,

Brandon
pettibone2375

pettibone2375
Sep 20th, 2001, 12:10:15 AM
Just found this online...

www.nightmarefactory.com/...ource=goto (http://www.nightmarefactory.com/movie.html?source=goto)

Not the greatest, but a start

Brandon
petibone2375

Rebel Hunter
Sep 20th, 2001, 12:22:37 AM
Go here!

www.deathstudios.com (http://www.deathstudios.com)

He has a copy of the Leatherface mask as pulled from Tom Savini's molds. It's under "Killers" and is called "Chainsaw"....$50.00

BTW I just ordered the Waveripper mask hands and feet for my costume this year. :)

dropshipbob
Sep 20th, 2001, 12:25:33 AM
Anyone have any past dealing with Nightmare factory? They have some things I would like to get, but I have never heard of them before. Without a good word or two, it will more then likely remain that way.

Rebel Hunter
Sep 20th, 2001, 12:28:58 AM
Sheesh...I just looked at the nightmare factory chainsaw mask.....Deathstudios mask kicks butt over it, IMHO.....

BTW, I have had dealings with Jeff at Death Studios and their pics do NOT do their masks justice. They are simply the best commercial mask makers in the U.S.

patsmear
Sep 20th, 2001, 01:32:23 AM
Brandon,

I have that mask already. It isn't very good but it does what it needs to do.

Rebel Hunter,

I have been buying from Jeff at Death Studios for about 15 yrs. now.

I still have the first mask I got from him.

It is called Geek Maggot Bingo. It is the mixed up face from the Jackson's tourture video.

As for Leatherface I want one from the first film. I will buy Death Studios version though.

Pat

patsmear
Sep 20th, 2001, 01:42:30 AM
Oh yeah,

I found this link too:

www.h-3.com/tcm/FanFoto/C...sWalsh.htm (http://www.h-3.com/tcm/FanFoto/CharlesWalsh/CharlesWalsh.htm)

Now if we can find out who he is.

Pat

BOUNTY HAUNTER
Sep 21st, 2001, 12:19:18 AM
Um...whazzup with this?? It's almost Halloween, guys! Leatherface masks are everywhere. Are you really finding it that hard to get a hold of one? I must have seen at least 5 of them in five different local area costume shops this year already.

Of course, all this is assuming that you're not seeking some super-duper specialty deluxe film replica "Leatherface" facial reconstruction latex appliance or something. :lol:

But seriously...it should be relatively easy to find one this time of year.

As far as it "doing what it needs to do..." the standard Leatherface mask sold in your average costume shop is more than adequate. I've been doing haunted attractions for several years now, and even though we try to constantly come up with new and creative stuff in our haunts, I always hold firm on ending the attraction on a screaming chainsaw note: and that means Leatherface. You get the mask, you get the bloody (and I mean REALLY BLOODY) apron, you get the bad tie, and a really really really LOUD chainsaw, and ya' slap it on BIG guy with a bit of a gut on him. As long as your lighting is decent, people sure as hell don't stop to analyze the guy. They hear the saw, the see a flash of this horribly disfigured monstrosity lumbering towards them, and they run like hell.

God, I love Halloween!

But seriously...remember that Leatherface's "face" was, in fact, a mask. It's SUPPOSED to look like it was pieced together and pulled over his head. Small parts of your own face should show through, and I find that the average Leatherface mask does the trick.

patsmear
Sep 21st, 2001, 12:27:20 AM
Yep,

But I want one from the first film. I may have a lead....hopefully!

I want to use it as a display mask with my Ed Gein grave rubbing I have and the cheap Don Post won't do!

Pat

*edit*

As for stopping and analyzing the costumes in Haunted houses, I did it as a kid and I do it now!!;)

NightSeed
Sep 21st, 2001, 02:08:53 AM
For you that have ordered from deathstudios, what is the turn around time? Someone told me that the wait is VERY long, sometimes a year or so...is this true or just disinformation?
Cullen

patsmear
Sep 21st, 2001, 02:14:08 AM
I have never heard it taking a year to get anything. If you call him they will let you know if what you want is ready to go or not.

Pat

Palmetto EFX group
Sep 21st, 2001, 03:07:21 AM
If you want the real deal and don't mind dropping $300.00 why not go to the source and buy one from Tom Savini,himself?!
"Better Known as Sex Machine from Dusk till Dawn."

Tom's a legend and did all the work on Friday the the 13th part 1, Creepshow,Dawn of the dead,Twighlight Zone the movie,TCM2,etc...
The best looking Leatherface mask was from TCM2 and Tom will gladly do one up for you from the original molds.
I've seen others that claim to be from his molds but I doubt he'd let that happen...he's rather protective.

I don't have his Addy on hand so do a web search and hit his official site.
Look in the Cyber shop of horrors and email him.

Good Luck!

NightSeed
Sep 21st, 2001, 03:19:56 AM
I heard that the leatherface mold from deathstudios came from tom, but is degreaded badly, and alot of detail is lost.
I also heard that tom had the original, and they were nice :)

palmetto: good to see you posting again!