PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Alert....Mike Tait Alive and Well

droidboy
Sep 7th, 2001, 03:25:22 PM
Well.....I don't know about well, but it has come to my attention, that Mike Tait is now selling under the ebay user name of:

hujade@aol.com

This apparently is his girlfriends account, and according to her, he is not allowed to use it, but she is selling blasters....so be forewarned.

Gregg

ViperPilot
Sep 7th, 2001, 03:37:09 PM
Wow, look at the history. Over four grand in completed auctions in the last month:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&userid=hujade@aol.com&include=0&since=30&sort=2&rows=0

VP

J Scott D
Sep 7th, 2001, 04:05:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this...I had bookmarked that seller's auction a while back.

Scott D.

Gulliver Foyle
Sep 7th, 2001, 04:48:13 PM
who he and what he do?
>P<

Gytheran
Sep 7th, 2001, 04:53:13 PM
Exactly..... what's the heads up for?

jedivigneri
Sep 7th, 2001, 04:56:17 PM
Hey all, this scumbag has ripped off many of us with pretty pictures of troop blasters and r2 units on ebay over the last year. Cash goes out and no toys come to the buyers. If i find him in person, hes gonna be missin 200 bux worth of troop blaster flesh from his ass. I have talked to him on the phone and emailed him and he is all promises and lite. A wormy scumbag who has targeted sw prop people to rip off for some reason. Be warned. Jedivigneri curt rgmboy@aol.com

PhoenixVader
Sep 7th, 2001, 05:13:24 PM
are you sure its him? I just bought some blasters from him a couple days ago. how do you know? contact me asap so I can get this cleared up. If it is him, I will contact the authorities asap.

thomas ;(

I just checked the ebay account and it shows that several of the blasters that were sold have arrived and the buyers are happy with them. I hope you are wrong about this DB.

rollerboi
Sep 7th, 2001, 05:25:35 PM
seems to me that it could be his girlfriend fronting the items on Ebay, while he manufactures his stuff in the background.

didn't he recast Gregg's work (badly)?

if the feedback is any indication, his girlfriend must have more of a grip on the business/fulfillment side of things than he did.

LordAbaddon
Sep 7th, 2001, 05:30:51 PM
OH @#%$!!!! NO! GODDAMNSONOFABITCH! I didn't think that was him and just sent him money for an MG-34! F**K!

Well I'll tell you guys straight out...I better get it, it better be good, or so help me God I'll do to him what I did to Sandstorm Productions (sicked the Florida State Attorney General on them) and THX Toys (got PayPal to give me ALL my money back).

So Mike, if you're reading this...come through with a good piece and I'll say so, screw me over and I will make sure you have to leave the country like Universal Armor did!

droidboy
Sep 7th, 2001, 07:36:21 PM
The person who pointed this out to me bought an R2 kit from Mike, he said he IM'd her, and she fessed up that she was Mike's GF.

Also, my friend has been to Mikes house....

I have directions to his place if anyone wants them

and he said FOR CERTAIN that those pics were taken on Mike's work bench.

For those of you new to the series, about a year and a half ago, Mike Tait bought an R2 kit from me....promptly recast it and started offering CRAPPY copies on ebay, the problem is, that he has only delivered like one.....to my friend who showed up at his door demanding it. The guy has also recast CYlon stuuf, Stormtrooper stuff and just never delivers. It use to be personal, its not any more, I just don't want any of my friends scammed.

Again....I can get directions to his house in Dayton for those who want to visit him.

Gregg

Trooper Sam
Sep 7th, 2001, 08:04:33 PM
The feedback certainly doesn't seem in keeping with his reputation, and I've seen those auctions for a while....sure it's the same guy?

Trooper Sam
TK151

oohyeah88
Sep 7th, 2001, 10:51:41 PM
Thanks for the alert!!

Sluis Van Shipyards
Sep 7th, 2001, 11:17:09 PM
>him what I did to Sandstorm Productions

Well, if he still lives in Ohio, you can expect absolutely no help from the OH attorney general (unless you're talking losses in the $100k range). I got screwed out of $500 of computer parts from a company in Cleveland and she wouldn't lift a finger (even though the company had a LOT of BBB complaints).

jedivigneri
Sep 7th, 2001, 11:29:46 PM
HI Gregg, if ya could i want to double check my directions to mikes, i just so happen to have bussiness in dayton next week and mike owes me a blaster since may...thanx curt rgmboy@aol.com

ShadowKnight626
Sep 8th, 2001, 12:11:52 AM
I saw an auction for something like $10,000 for an R2 Unit awhile back and I had to check it out. Here it was a heads up not to buy from a certain individual, from Ohio. Is this guy what that auction was about?

Darkness Sith Lord
Sep 8th, 2001, 12:25:34 AM
Yea giot stung by Sandstorm too Lord A,,
Glad you got him, saw he was no defunct,,,

I had longf dialog with Don Post Studios about the whole thing and they said they were sending regular shipments too him and they would contact him to see what was going on, 3 years latter no CA VAder from them, got it somewhere else..

J

LordAbaddon
Sep 8th, 2001, 01:34:46 AM
FL got after the members of Sandstorm, but what happened was they went into bankruptcy, and also were under invesitagation for fraud regarding their alleged "donations" using the money they recieved. Unfortunately because of the way they got out of their business I got nothing back except a promise that once "pending legal action" was concluded I would receive "due compensation." I knew what that meant...nada. However at least it was another nail in their coffin that'll keep them busy for some time.

viper at adnc com
Sep 8th, 2001, 02:44:31 AM
The auction of his I bid on his feedback was untarnished and a long list. I got a phone call from the OHIO Attorney's office today looks like Mikie is dening that I paid him. If you had any problem with mike contact the Ohio Attorney's Office they are taking complants and looking to file charges against him.

LordAbaddon
Sep 8th, 2001, 02:56:35 AM
I'll see if I get my MG-34, what condition it is, and if all goes well I'll be honest and post it straight. We'll see...

Admiral Talus
Sep 8th, 2001, 08:14:18 AM
I don't know much about this whole mike tait thing-one of the many icons members that maybe ripped everybody off? But I dealt with the seller hujade adn payed with a money order the first time around for a stormtrooper blaster and paypaled for too additional blasters. I got all three in short order and had no problems with this seller.

I can't remember the name I had to make the money order out to. Sorry

my .02

droidboy
Sep 8th, 2001, 10:05:15 AM
Well..either way, justa heads up.

However, I will get directions to Mikes house for those interested.

Gregg

jhyphen
Sep 8th, 2001, 07:43:09 PM
"The auction of his I bid on his feedback was untarnished and a long list."

Me being isn't.

LordAbaddon
Sep 8th, 2001, 08:58:52 PM
I just got word from "Elsa" that my MG-34 has shipped and I have a shipping number. So, I posted the question to her if she was indeed Mike's girlfriend and if he is the maker of the props. I told her honestly that if he is and the MG arrives and is well done, I will honestly stay so. I figure in this way, one way or another, the air will be cleared on just who/what "hujade@aol.com" is and what he is up to.

Draco Lawgiver
Sep 8th, 2001, 09:26:36 PM
Did anyone here get their Staff of Ra headpiece? He sells his for about $160 less than what I paid for mine from Acme Magic Co. (which is a beautiful piece BTW).

xwing15
Sep 9th, 2001, 12:27:46 AM
I have received independent verification away from here that it is supposedly Mike's ex-girlfriend. Supposedly. My contact said the writing style was the same as Mike's. Unfortunately, I have little doubt it is him again...

StevieRad
Sep 9th, 2001, 10:00:54 AM
That balster he is selling looks an awful like a certain toothpaste kit..............I just built one........looks very similar..........I wonder if he recasted it.....

xwing15
Sep 10th, 2001, 02:46:48 AM
bumpo this one. LA, can you let us know if you receive the MG34. I just had a IM chat with "Elsa", and the writing style is very very similar. Same poor punctuation, very similar way of phrasing. It all looks very suspicious, but I will reserve my judgment. For now. Gregg, could you please email me the street address you have for him, to see if it matches what I have.

Thanks,

BG

hujade
Sep 10th, 2001, 05:12:17 AM
Hello People:

Recently, I have contated by several people from this website thinking
that I'm Mike, WRONG, I'm not Mike.

The purpose ot this note is to let you know, that I sell on e-bay since
May 2000, my feedback is very good because I take responsibility serious;
my cousin that work with me know the system to provide service and good
props.(delivery between 10 or 14 days)

Mike is my ex-boyfriend, for personal and obvious reason the relationship
ended,I hate to talk about this, but that was my mistake.
He is not allow to sell on e-bay, so don't panic!!

I want to tell to a person named Gregg, and two more that e-mail me,
please stop to spread false rummors regarding my name and ID (hujade)
this is not fair. I know you are frustrated, but is not my fault.

Excuse me for my writting, I'm an American citizen lady with latino
background, English is my second language.

Elsa

jhyphen
Sep 10th, 2001, 07:46:43 AM
The plot thickens....

ViperPilot
Sep 10th, 2001, 09:34:02 AM
"<font color="00ff00">The plot thickens....</font>"

And the accent...

VP

LordAbaddon
Sep 10th, 2001, 01:12:22 PM
I got this from Elsa as well:

-----------------

Hi
I don't read my mail to often on weekends. Regarding your concern, I can tell you that probably three people had contacted me in the last days about the same subject. One, sent a link from a prop site which contained wrong information, and doubt of my reputation. (my feedback is very good)

I was Mike's girlfriend for few months, for pesonal reason the relationship ended I got some mold from him to complete the payment of a personal loan. Please understand HE IS NOT USING EBAY because was suspended according his own words, when? I don't know.

I'm a hard working lady, honest, and I will continue providing the best service and goods to people. If this problem persist I will faith back using the right ways. I put myself in the other side, and it's not fun to be deceived.

Elsa
p.d when open the box mg34 there is a small zip bag with a key.

-------------

I'll let you know when I get the MG-34, and review it, and we'll see if that helps. I'm not going to pass judgement as I knew someone else (into SW figures) that ended up in the same situation and the ex-wife took over the business from her scummy husband. So...yes...the plot thickens.

droidboy
Sep 10th, 2001, 01:16:24 PM
Whats the key to? Her apartment? Sorry....seemed funny. Hey, maybe its a key to Mikes house, and with my directions we can go for a visit :)

Just kidding

Gregg

streetjudge79
Sep 10th, 2001, 01:33:01 PM
I would not believe a word "ELSA" Says.

LordAbaddon
Sep 10th, 2001, 07:44:47 PM
Okay, I did get the MG-34 today, but there are some problems, here is the letter I sent Elsa (as of yet there is not cconclusive evidence it's Mike Tait so I'll stick with Elsa for now):

-----------
Hi Elsa,

Well we have a problem. I got the MG-34 and there are three main issues I have with it:

1) The barrel is very badly warped, with at least a five degree curve to it. If this were real it would explode because the bullet would get stuck. It looks to me like it was pulled from the mold way too fast, either that or your mold is crooked.

2) The butt stock was nearly off when I got it and is not really cut too well to match the reciever.

3) The value. $300.00 was pushing it, especially as the paint job was a "fast and dirty" job. Maybe $200.00 or so would be better in the current condition I got it.

Since this clearly is a multi-part item, how about you send me a new barrel that is straight and level? Then I can ship back this warped one. As it is I'm probably going to send this to a professional prop builder to fix the paint job and other problems. I haven't decided what to do about a review quite yet...let's see how things turn out.

I will post this email to the Replica Prop Forum, as I know others on there will be interested to see how good this deal turns out. I hope we can work it out to both our benefits.

Mike Jackiw aka Lord Abaddon

"There is no place for the hyphen in our citizenship... We are a nation, not a hodge-podge of foreign nationalities. We are a people, and not a polyglot boarding house." - President Theodore Roosevelt, "The Square Deal"

---------------

We'll see how this deal pans out. Since we know that Hujade is reading the forum and this thread I hope she'll see the rest of my comments as I do have some more:

1) The whole unit is a very good resin. Solid, yet in the thinner areas malleble enough to not crack if you hit something with them. The butt stock is VERY solid.

2) The mold is actually pretty good. The details are still pretty clear and the pieces still feel good. Some of those tiny air bubbles are throughout...but with huge pieces like this I've seen worse. This is far superior to the Marco I had, but yet not as good as some I've seen.

3) There is no Waffenfarbe, and the only letters are "E" and "D" on the trigger and "S" on the trigger guard leading me to believe it was pulled from an MGC or other replica, not an authentic model.

4) Weight is comfortable, much better suited to a convention than the real deal (which you couldn't take anyway). It locks together very well and is actually fairly sturdy.

Overall I stick with my assessment...$200.00 would be a far more fair price. I paid that amount for my IG-88 blaster from Maximus3113 and it was a much better mold, cleaner and sharper, and while it was an unfinished kit and this one is larger, the paint job by Elsa was definitely NOT worth $100.00.

I will try to get some sort of pictures of it and the Iggy gun later tonight.

Hey Lynn...might have another project for ya! Email me! :-)

PhoenixVader
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:19:29 AM
I too got my blasters from this "person". The barrel is warped and several small pieces are broken. ;(

It also was painted in a hurry. Very sloppy and even slimy in places (my hand still has paint on it!!) ;(

I sent a letter back to them asking for a refund or fix. I still have heard nothing.

Has anyone else had any luck with these loosers? Let me know.

thomas ;(

LordAbaddon
Sep 16th, 2001, 04:06:47 AM
I did hear back, they are sending me a new, unwarped barrell, repainted the way I asked. I'll see if it comes, and if it does I'll put it all together and let you see it.

chris1748
Sep 16th, 2001, 11:47:10 AM
Hi, I got my sterling delivered on friday and even though the paintjob was slapdash the piece itself was pretty good.
My barrel was not warped nor were any of the other pieces broken off.There were small bubbles in the resin but the piece in general feels pretty solid and will go great with my stormtrooper mannequin. :)

thanks
Chris

J Scott D
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:47:47 PM
I wonder if the Sterling serial no. on the toothpaste company's kit matches the one on Mike's blaster.

Is it visible on either one?

Scott D.

TK 414
Sep 16th, 2001, 04:12:39 PM
Hey everyone,

IŽam from germany and I bought a Stormtrooper Blaster from Elsa 8 weeks ago. When it arrives it was complete broken and the paint job was absolutly bad too. I called her and asked what to do. She said to me I can send it back with $10 extra and she will send me a new one with a better paint job and in perfekt shape. So my problem I heard nothing from her in the last 5 weeks and also nothing arrives. So I think @#%$ happens to me too and I lost my money......

nice day
Guido

PhoenixVader
Sep 16th, 2001, 06:03:23 PM
Welcome to the club 414, I have recieved no reply to my email. I can only hope that I will get something this week. It's really too bad, the actual parts seem well molded. She just can't pack or paint to save her life. ;)

thomas ;)

StopherT
Sep 16th, 2001, 06:56:30 PM
Here's some photos of what condition my blaster was in when I got mine a few weeks ago.

people.we.mediaone.net/st...fore_1.jpg (http://people.we.mediaone.net/stophert/images/E-11/ANH_E-11_Before_1.jpg)

people.we.mediaone.net/st...fore_2.jpg (http://people.we.mediaone.net/stophert/images/E-11/ANH_E-11_Before_2.jpg)

I was initially peeved, but I never bothered to contact her because I figured it might have been a shipping issue. But now it seems to be a common thread with her.

I also wasn't too discouraged, since I figured I'd have to strip it and rebuild it anyway to make it 'mine'. But I feel for those who aren't too handy. A lot of glue, putty, sandpaper and paint, and I'm happy with it now. But still WAAAY overpriced for my time invested.

Chris

xwing15
Sep 17th, 2001, 04:54:15 AM
Shoddy workmanship, no refunds, taking money and not delivering. Welcome back Mike.

droidboy
Sep 17th, 2001, 06:24:14 AM
*Nods head in disgust*

PhoenixVader
Sep 17th, 2001, 12:20:52 PM
I got this email today...

Hi Thomas:
I'm sorry to hear that your blasters got broken and you are not satisfied with
your purchase.
As you could see, the packing was good, probably I should use two boxes
If you send the damage blaster to me, I can replace it for new blaster and
check details that you point out before shipping.

I don't have control for damage in shipping but I'm offering to resolve this
problem, for the benefit of both.

Please let me know.
regards,
Elsa

I have sent a reply listing all the things wrong and what I want replaced. I have asked that they ship first. I will keep you all informed as to the outcome.

thomas ;)

Jokar Lurden
Sep 17th, 2001, 12:29:55 PM
Has anybody bought any of "Elsa's" indy stuff? Should I hold off buying? What are your opinions? :)

Cheers

Matt

xwing15
Sep 21st, 2001, 03:44:02 AM
bump.