PDA

View Full Version : ANY INTEREST in ACCURATE "flight"/jumpsuits??

jd pilot
Sep 9th, 2001, 10:37:34 PM
Hey guys. I've started on making a Tie Pilot costume for myself, and have found out a couple of intresting details. Well, the "flight" suits worn in the star wars movies (X,B,A-wing pilots, Tie pilots, ATAT pilots, scanning crew, Boba fett [with 2 added baggier pockets], and Scout Trooper [in which they added leather to] under suits), aren't flight suits at all. They are actually Indy racing suits. And the kicker is that the company that made them is out of business :( BUT there is hope! A friend of mine is acquiring one, and is going to have a pattern done off of it, and then having ALL the correct colors, as well as a few colors that weren't used (i.e. blue and a couple others). I was asked to start an intrest thread and to gather emails. Please post (which will help to bump this thread), AS WELL AS email me. I can't check the board as often as I'd like because of my job, or I'd just as to post your email addy's. I don't want to miss any one.

The sizes will be done just like they did in the film....that means NOT to individual sizes. The sizes will be small, medium, large, and extra large. That's it. That's how it was in the movie, and they just gave the actors the closest size. He'll let me know what sizes will apply to what hight/weight later. Price looks like it'll be in the $50 give or take a few....but don't hold me to that....but shouldn't be much more if it is more. It all depends on how much it costs him (obviously) and how many people are intrested.

So please post AND email me if intrested. This is just an INTRESTED thread, and NOT a sign up thread. There will be group emails for updates and then an email to see if you are wanting to buy. My email is JDJ_pilot@yahoo.com

Hope this helps :)

Army Scout
Sep 9th, 2001, 10:45:01 PM
Got any pics of the suit??

Chris

jd pilot
Sep 9th, 2001, 10:48:50 PM
Of the suit that he's getting? Not yet. But when he get's it, he's going to take pics of it to show.

Kendir Kaasen
Sep 9th, 2001, 10:52:01 PM
i'm interested. Also, somewhere there should be a label that says Tootal Fabrics.

Mookie

lonepigeon
Sep 9th, 2001, 11:01:05 PM
To clarify, Bossk wore a real flight suit as did other background characters.

The byline on the tag in the X-wing suits reads "A Tootal workwear fabric". Here's the fabric company's website:
http://www.tootalfabrics.nl/

jd pilot
Sep 9th, 2001, 11:11:53 PM
Really. I didn't know that about Bossk. I haven't seen any good up close pics of him, but from a distance, just looked like the X-wing costume. That's why I threw that one in. My mistake. Sorry about that :o Forget Bossk then :p

Mandalorian
Sep 9th, 2001, 11:21:13 PM
JD: I'm interested (for my Fett suit). BTW: how did you come by your source of info that they are Indy Suits?

M. :smokin: (you've got mail).

jd pilot
Sep 9th, 2001, 11:27:35 PM
By the guy that's getting the suit :) The name of the company that made them are in the suits, so I'm guessing that's how he knew.

gino1
Sep 9th, 2001, 11:45:03 PM
Depending on what the pics show, I would be interested in a handful.

KZ1000
Sep 9th, 2001, 11:46:54 PM
I just ordered a flightsuit for my TIE pilot, but I'm interested in seeing yours, and then I'll replace my currently ordered one. Any source on patches??

KZ

abg1777
Sep 9th, 2001, 11:48:22 PM
Jeff.
I am also interested. Just shoot me an e-mail when you get more info.
Ashley Glenn

TK502
Sep 10th, 2001, 12:05:38 AM
i'd be interested in getting one for my scout suit. hey chris if this does pan out you think i could get some felt sewn in the pants?

jd pilot
Sep 10th, 2001, 01:31:26 PM
Monday bump :)

Xwing Jedi
Sep 10th, 2001, 02:03:45 PM
Also interested, I'll send you E-mail. These suits are definately closer to the indy designs than to flight suits are. The two-layered construction on the back and shoulders resembles the current racing suits. Also, any insite on the fiber content. At the MOTM, there was a shine to the fabric that made it look like they were made from a nylon/something blend in a twill weave. It was to shiny for pure cotton or a poly/cottom blend.

Army Scout
Sep 10th, 2001, 02:14:45 PM
Tk502,
If these dont work out, Ill see what I can do about the stiching!

Chris

jt001
Sep 10th, 2001, 02:17:07 PM
Jeff, that's great!!!! Are there many mods to be made? (collar, extra pockets, etc?)

I'll e-m ya!

jt001

jt001
Sep 10th, 2001, 02:31:27 PM
Any leads on what was used for the flakvest? I still believe they were some kind of found item. Making those are pretty hard, not to mention time consuming, because of the batting thing, and they had lots of them for extras...I still believe they are found items.

jt001

darthgoat
Sep 10th, 2001, 02:35:10 PM
i would be in for an x-wing suit and a scout trooper suit.

ShackMan
Sep 10th, 2001, 02:39:44 PM
Probably be a couple of days before Jeff gets home, so don't expect an answer right away (just FYI for anyone that doesn't know).

And Jeff, there's some interest on my side as well. The TIE pilot is one that I'd like to put together ... after Angie's Vader of course. ;) Wouldn't hurt to have a nice looking "flight suit" ready.

Thanks,

ATM

Treadwell
Sep 10th, 2001, 03:26:20 PM
Interested!

dualedge
Sep 10th, 2001, 04:17:33 PM
I might be interested... obviously can't make any promises but I'd definitely like to see pics when they're available.

Rob

PhoenixVader
Sep 10th, 2001, 04:51:52 PM
same here, interested but want to see them first.

thomas ;)

Dustin Crops Boy
Sep 10th, 2001, 05:02:54 PM
Definetly interested for a Scout. Thanks

darth beeb
Sep 10th, 2001, 05:14:38 PM
I would be in for a rebel pilot!

-JB!

Gytheran
Sep 10th, 2001, 05:37:15 PM
I'd be interested in a rebel pilot

Joe

tripoli
Sep 10th, 2001, 05:40:20 PM
Well, being a pilot who has actually had to endure a fire in the aircraft (smoke, no flames near me), I now wear the nomex stuff. Many private corporations and myself get them through: www.air-adventure.com/ (http://www.air-adventure.com/)
This is also the official supplier of NASA flight jackets. Get the Navy blue nomex if you want the authentic jacket. They do have that flap in the back that looks a bit sporty. Don't know if this helps...

Trooper Sam
Sep 10th, 2001, 07:08:17 PM
Interested!

Trooper Sam
TK151

Biker Scott
Sep 10th, 2001, 10:21:10 PM
Interested in an orange one.

jvasilatos
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:10:58 AM
Count me in!

I'd like a TIE Pilot, Bossk and Fett Suit. An X-Wing Pilot too but the other three first.

Jerry

TK502
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:20:54 AM
thx army scout. so the scout was a racing suit and not horse riding pants with a black shirt.

Lan Jenn
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:27:09 AM
You've got mail from me. I definately want one.

Brett

Grand Milk Carton0
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:46:13 AM
I would be interested in one as well.

oohyeah88
Sep 12th, 2001, 06:35:32 AM
Yeah, me for sure if the TIE suit also comes with a TIE helmet and chest box and gloves and boots.

;)

j/k!
But am seriously interested in a TIE suit!!
:)

Braks Buddy
Sep 12th, 2001, 07:47:58 AM
Oh Yeah! It is very interesting that Jeremy Bulloch stated (at Dragon Con) that he thought the Fett suit was a found item (with added bags) and NOT something made from scratch... Appears he was right.

I know one point that will help to identify if this IS the Boba Fett suit. Fett's suit has velcros strap around the very bottom of the leg. In some pics it looks like a strap that would go under your foot to keep the pant leg from riding up (kind of like a leotard) but in fact it is the european (British?) version of blousing straps that are commonly seen on US BDUs... Here is a pic. Do these Indy suits have this?

BTW, thanks to TK1028 for pointing this out.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1325744&a=13207013&p=54064344

Helmschmied
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:11:52 AM
Hi,

I am interested in:

-FETT
-Biker Scout
-TIE
-REBEL

and any others that appear to have originated as Indy suits.
Im interested in a size closest to a 6ft man...for my mannequins.
-Helm [my email is Dominionwestreproductions@hotmail.com

TK1028
Sep 12th, 2001, 01:20:21 PM
You have mail. I would like to see pics of the Fett.

jd pilot
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:41:14 PM
I've gotten some emails from some of yall and have written you back letting you know I got them. I've tried to get the emails off the others profiles (Dallas, Ashley, and KL becuase I knew theirs already), but if the others can, please email so I don't miss anyone :)

As soon as I get pics, I'll let everyone know :)

Goffcorp
Sep 12th, 2001, 10:58:31 PM
Interested in an X-wing jumpsuit, pending price and pics of course.

Goffcorp

Mauled
Sep 13th, 2001, 01:07:21 AM
Same as Goffcorp

Thanks,
Greg

StevieRad
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:00:52 AM
I am interested

Justin WFCOMICS
Sep 13th, 2001, 05:17:45 PM
Depending on cost and trade options, I'd like a Fett and X-Wing suit.

Justin =)

jd pilot
Sep 13th, 2001, 09:07:45 PM
I talked to the person doing these today, and he said it might (not that it will, just might) take a little longer with the recent events that has happened. But would know more in about a week. Just thought that I should update everyone about this, this way.

Grand Milk Carton0
Sep 13th, 2001, 09:31:33 PM
Are you sure for a Biker Scout, I forget who had the pics but they have what looks like to be Suede in the crotch/back area... in the pics they have lightend due to time but back then there were black with the suit. I don't recall any of the other suits having this.?

jd pilot
Sep 13th, 2001, 10:04:31 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm about 95% sure. I've looked at a couple of pictures and the ones that are at M.O.M. in pics and in person, and they look like the same material to me. And what I can see of the leg pockets, they look the same on the scout as they are on the other suits we can see all of. Unfortuantly I haven't seen any pics of just the scout troopers undersuit like you can see Fetts, Tie-Xwing-ATAT pilots, and the scanner/crew people.

Let me reiderate, it IS a definite on the all the other suits, but since there are no good pics of the Scout trooper, we are going by the best of the knowlege and pictures that are out there.

BUT if any one knows more info about the scout trooper, PLEASE post it or email me. I too want the most accurate suits for these costumes, and don't want to say one thing, we all get them, and see that it is not right.

Grand Milk Carton0
Sep 13th, 2001, 10:28:23 PM
Thanks, Because TIE is what I am working on now and then Scout after that. I believe it was Army Scout with the Suede pics and they are more then likely posted on the Scout Forum somewhere.

Mara Jades Father
Sep 13th, 2001, 10:43:38 PM
JD, if you get a chance take a look a tthe suit. It should look like this (except without the segmentation of the pocket on the left sleeve and the window pocket on ht eleft cuff area.

http://fan.starwars.com/dewbacks/files/flightsuitlayout.JPG

Army Scout
Sep 13th, 2001, 11:02:15 PM
Well here are the mom pic's that I used to make mine..
http://www.hhcdet1.com/sw/armor/mom4.jpg

http://www.hhcdet1.com/sw/armor/mom5.jpg

http://www.hhcdet1.com/sw/armor/mom1.jpg

Chris

jd pilot
Sep 14th, 2001, 02:39:24 PM
Army Scout, I'm about to email you a pic of the TIE suit. I'd post it, but I have no way now since no photopoint, plus it's just super big :p The material and pattern, aside from the "leather" areas on the scout, look the same.

*DISCLAIMER* To me, it looks as if they added that "leather" stuff to this suit. But that's just MHO :)

EDIT--I just tried to email you Army Scout, and the email kicked back as a failed delivery. Got another account?

Braks Buddy
Sep 14th, 2001, 02:44:40 PM
Here are my pics of the MotM scout. There should be some helpful pics in it... Perhaps the suede parts were simply added over the flight suit. In fact, you can see were the suede is seperating from the suit on the scout's rear.

albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1325744&a=13611546&f=0 (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1325744&a=13611546&f=0)

Fenrear
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:20:06 PM
Im intrested after i see pics.

Army Scout
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:24:01 PM
The sgtscout@hotmail.com should work if not try scout_sgt or tb111scout@hotmail.com

Chirs

jd pilot
Sep 14th, 2001, 05:08:26 PM
I just tried you at the last email addy. Let's see if that works :)

EDIT--Army Scout, it still came back to me. I shot you one with out pics to see if that one would go through. If it does, I'll try again with the pics.

Mandalorian
Sep 15th, 2001, 10:49:20 AM
JD - you've got mail (again). M. :smokin:

Princess Nikidala
Sep 15th, 2001, 11:38:16 AM
Hey Jeff,

I finally got a chance to check out this thread! I have been wanting to for several days now.

And, yes, I do plan on responding to your e-mail to me. I am not ignoring you on purpose. I have been working night and day between regular work and coding for the board.

I am definitely interested, just name the price. :)

I also have tons of pics and info that I am going to send you in regards to your e-mail to me. I hope to do that sometime this weekend.

Thanks!
Nikki

Darth Vulgar
Sep 15th, 2001, 02:46:34 PM
I'm interested In A fett suit.
email: Lputon@optonline.net

kyrack
Sep 16th, 2001, 03:52:57 AM
I'm interested...I've been considering making an X-Wing outfit.

Rocketeer25
Sep 16th, 2001, 11:14:23 AM
I'm interested in one X-wing pilot flightsuit.

Thanks,
Lonnie

Rocketeer25@home.com

Lord of all that is Fett
Sep 16th, 2001, 03:40:23 PM
Put me down for a Fett suit. -Mark
Skdmark@mindspring.com

Lordsandy
Sep 17th, 2001, 08:46:40 PM
Jeff,

As my e-mail stated......I am interested in the flight suits.

Please post some pics when you have them available.

Army Scout
Sep 17th, 2001, 09:51:10 PM
Hey JD,
I examined the pic's ya sent me and between those and some information from a great source (POSW) , I don't think its the same suit the Biker Scouts used.
I believe the Bikers used a racing (Auto) jumpsuit.

Chris

jd pilot
Sep 18th, 2001, 05:21:10 PM
That's good to know :) But that's what was said in the first post :) They are auto racing "Indy" jump suits. But the scout suits looks like the added some leather to the inner part of the thigh area that wrapped around to the back.

Helmschmied
Sep 20th, 2001, 01:51:37 PM
might I suggest doing ONLY ONE suit at a time...and doing alternate suits in cycles or 'runs'....this gives everyone time to pitch in their opininons/pix regarding one suit.

Otherwise, this thread may reach eternity with no real conclusion because it dealt with so many suits at once.

Just an idea
Helm

jd pilot
Sep 21st, 2001, 01:09:00 PM
The base suit is all the same. There are just little additions to a few of them, which wouldn't change how the overall suit is done. So once the suits are done in the correct colors, then, he's thinking about adding the different pieces (piece of leather for the scout, baggier pockets for the Fett, ect.) But I'll throw that by him in any even :)

Helmschmied
Sep 21st, 2001, 01:39:49 PM
oh, ok...my 'bad'..thanks
H