PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: San Diego board members **UPCOMING Star Wars EVENT**

Utinni619
Sep 19th, 2001, 02:37:29 AM
Hey gang,
On Saturday Sept. 29th 9:00pm there's a showing of a Star Wars fan documentary: Galaxy Far Far Away. It's playing in the Asian Film Festival at the Mann's Theater in Hazard Center across from Fashion Valley. I'm in contact with both the Director of the film and the Executive Director of the Festival, Lee Ann Kim of Channel 8 News. Some of the So. CA 501st will be attending along with some Rebel Scum. We have about 15 costumed people so far and I'm just checking to see if any others would like to go. I need to know ASAP to turn in a head count for comp tix!!! We're planning to be there at least an hour ahead of time to entertain the crowd and then after the film, which is 1 hour long. We might be interviewed also.

jeffteel@pacbell.net

Utinni

Justin WFCOMICS
Sep 19th, 2001, 02:47:27 AM
Oh man, yet another reason I should have moved to CA...

Justin =)

reinone
Sep 19th, 2001, 02:56:06 AM
Thats great news! I would of never known. I'm glad you posted it. :)

I try my best to be there, but I'm afraid I am not finished my Tusken Raider costume or else I would wear it there. I hope to meet you guys there even though I wont be in costume. Thanks for the heads up.

reinone

Jedi Nights
Sep 19th, 2001, 03:24:14 AM
I may be able to make it. Maybe in costume.

mr guy of sci fi
Sep 19th, 2001, 04:01:14 AM
Cali rocks, too bad it costs to much for me to live there.

CorellianExports
Sep 19th, 2001, 03:51:27 PM
We might be able to make it. ;)

Email away!

ruadh9978
Sep 19th, 2001, 03:53:27 PM
I never would have known either. Jeez....I'll definitely seriously consider it, especially if I'm the only Fett. Any other Fetts attending? FYI, San Diego members, I'm over by sdsu.

ps. re: the comp tickets, is it possible to get one for a love interest as well? If not, no biggie. Just curious. Thanks for the heads up utinni!

TK460
Sep 19th, 2001, 04:44:52 PM
Jeff:
I'm so there. JediPug is coming as well. Dale

aStanze
Sep 19th, 2001, 04:52:40 PM
Can't make a commitment, if I do go I'll wear my Lightsaber!:D

-Stanze:cool:

ruadh9978
Sep 19th, 2001, 05:39:37 PM
I should have a definite answer on my attending this by tomorrow morning, if that's cool.

kimncris
Sep 19th, 2001, 10:31:09 PM
Hey Jeff!

What's up with the "3" logo? Is there going to be another movie!!!!

-cris

OH, BTW I will be able to make it, but Kim has prior commitments.

ruadh9978
Sep 20th, 2001, 11:26:12 AM
PLease put me down, as well as my girlfriend. We'll be Boba Fett and a Jabba Floozie. (most likely the white haired one that was supposedly Mara Jade in disguise in the Jabba book). Do you need any info from us aside from names? And yeah, I know it's corny, but we're Sean & Shawna. ruadh50@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Utinni619
Sep 20th, 2001, 06:32:47 PM
:eek:
Wow...more people!!! I currently have a little over 20 costumed people attending, I'm seeing how many tickets I can get. I'll let you all know soon. With the number of people that want to attend, comp tix will only be given to people in costume. I'm checking to see how much tickets are normally and if they'll be sold on site.
PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND!!!
jeffteel@pacbell.net

ruadh9978- we might have another Fett attending...BUT HEY we always want more!!! BTW you NEED to join the 501st So. CA Garrison!!!!! The San Diego Squad already has around 12 members...almost our own Garrison! Email me!!!

At the moment I have on my list:
Darth Vader
10 Stormtroopers
2 Scout Troopers
Han Solo
Princess Leia
Mara Jade
Boba Fett
3 Jedi
X-wing Pilot
Tusken Raider

Utinni

CorellianExports
Sep 20th, 2001, 09:25:06 PM
That list looks about right! ;)

StrangeloveDr
Sep 21st, 2001, 12:38:58 AM
Maybe I can talk my brother in to taking me down there, we dont have costumes but we do have lightsabers......

Double T
Sep 21st, 2001, 12:47:42 AM
Jeff-

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend since we only have one car still, despite promises and efforts made to the contrary, and Shannon has it that day. :(

Oh well, more time to keep tweaking my costume.

Tony

ruadh9978
Sep 21st, 2001, 11:37:56 AM
Sweet list. I like how there's a ton of stormtroopers, and only one Vader. That's how it ought to be. I can't tell you all how excited I am, never worn my costume out before. Who's the other one who may be Fett as well? And as Fett, could I join a Stormtrooper squad?

Thanks again Utinni, I'll be looking forward to it all week. And please let me know how much the tickets will be normally. If we can't get comped, most likely we won't mind paying. And also, how much coordination are we putting into this? As in, is there a spot (in the lot, or what have you) where we'll all meet, and then converge en masse, or how does it work?

And lastly, and tips/rules for wearing my costume out like this? Mostly, I'm curious...will my blaster be ok to bring? (please say yes please say yes, I'll feel...well, not naked...but...I sure like having something to do with my hands like that). Thanks again!

Utinni619
Sep 21st, 2001, 05:39:59 PM
Okay, I'm still waiting to see how many tickets I can get. We are making this event and the next couple events, a NON-weapon event. Just for saftey reasons. The list I posted is who is interested, not who is committed, so it might change a bit.

More info soon!

ruadh9978, check your mail!

Utinni