PDA

View Full Version : Need TOS Hand Phaser MID-PLATE & Pistol TOP PLATE

drmcoy
Sep 16th, 2001, 10:24:01 AM
Somebody on this forum used to offer a hand phaser mid-plate and pistol top plate out of aluminum that fit the 23rd century Kit...

Does anybody have these two pieces stil for sale?

I know you can bend sheet metal for the top plate, but the aluminum one was a bit thicker and shaped/rounded very nicely...very polished look.

As for the hand phaser mid-plate, I simply don't have the proper tools/skils to cut aluminum sheeting.

I have one final 23rd century kit that I want to build up with metal parts...and I have everything but these two pieces.

If you have what I need, please e-mail me:

spiderman@iglou.com

jheilman
Sep 20th, 2001, 12:09:57 AM
Doc - by pistol top plate do you mean the site grid on the P1? Jlong is offering this materail on the ASAP board right now. As far as P1 sandwich plate material, I have plenty of sheet aluminum for this. You don't need extensive tools to form your own. I used an inexpensive jigsaw, drill, files and sandpaper to create mine and I think it's pretty cool. Let me know if you'd like some of the aluminum stock at jheilman@panangling.com.

The Propman
Sep 20th, 2001, 12:34:52 AM
Hey drmcoy,

Why not just buy Item # 1465541229 on ebay ?? It looks like a cool prop.

The Propman

StormLeader
Sep 20th, 2001, 01:40:11 AM
The pistol top plate he is referring to is the plate above the window above the muzzle on the Phaser Type 2 pistol.

You can cut sheet aluminium for the midplate on a jigsaw or bandsaw, it's soft and thin enough unless you go for some kind of crazy aircraft aluminum....:)

jlong1 at socal rr com
Sep 20th, 2001, 02:43:32 AM
Hhmmm.... I wonder who could come up
with those items.

viper at adnc com
Sep 20th, 2001, 02:53:03 AM
Here I come to ruin the day, hey I just got home- The phasers don't use a centerplate they use a square aluminum rod glued to the outside of the body. As for the forward lock plate you can always use thin walled aluminum angle cut and sanded/ground down to size. Or you could have buddy, buddy Jlong do it. :)

Treadwell
Sep 20th, 2001, 01:00:52 PM
"The phasers don't use a centerplate they use a square aluminum rod glued to the outside of the body"

yabbut, he's replacing 23rd century parts, which isn't constructed that way.

viper at adnc com
Sep 20th, 2001, 01:32:14 PM
My 23d kit had glue on side rails not a plate, new ones have a plate?

jlong1 at socal rr com
Sep 20th, 2001, 01:34:18 PM
"Yabbut, he's replacing 23rd century parts, which isn't
constructed that way"

The parts in that kit ARE exterior "surface mount" type
side rails.

Treadwell
Sep 20th, 2001, 07:34:23 PM
oops. :)

Coulda sworn my kit has a plastic "chromed" center plate...I'll have to drag out the box and check. (still unbuilt, one of many, many unifinished projects)

CWDesign
Sep 21st, 2001, 07:54:40 AM
Last I heard, John K. isn't making any phaser parts right now.

drmcoy
Sep 21st, 2001, 02:01:33 PM
Thanks for suggestions, everyone...I'll look for aluminum rod for side pieces on phaser -- haven't had much luck finding this at hobby stores.

Sounds like jlong may be my knight in shinning armor :)

jlong1 at socal rr com
Sep 21st, 2001, 02:24:37 PM
Hey Doc., I was just thinking about you. Guess
what I have sitting here next to my keyboard!
I have to deliver some stuff to the Studio today, but after
that (if it's not too late, and if Fed-X delivers Sat.),
I'll send off the little gem you're waiting for.
As for the items mentioned in this thread, I'll see what
I can do. :)

StormLeader
Sep 21st, 2001, 04:02:55 PM
Does K&S sell square aluminum rod? I bet they do....

Flix4Me
Sep 21st, 2001, 08:01:07 PM
"As for the items mentioned in this thread, I'll see what I can do."

YESSS! :)