View Full Version : Grail diary/chalice stand idea

Lukes Roommate
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:18:58 AM
I just recieved my grail diary (can't put it down) and will be getting a grail cup in the near future, so I decided to come with an idea for a display stand. It was whipped up very quick and the pics might not be to scale (probably aren't seeing as I did this covertly so the boss wouldn't catch me), but what do you guys think about the general idea of it? Suggestions on how in the hell I am going to bore a round chunk out of the square section are greatly appreciated! :)

Ryan

www.flypaper-creations.co.../stand.jpg (http://www.flypaper-creations.com/users/rwalton/stand.jpg)

Grant da Modeler
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:26:36 AM
Ryan .. email me. Might be able to help you come up with something.

Grant

Jokar Lurden
Sep 21st, 2001, 10:30:55 AM
Damn, that is a sweet display!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Matt

Lukes Roommate
Sep 21st, 2001, 01:43:09 PM
Thanks Jokar! I wanted something to involve both props, I'm not sure what type of wood I'm going to use etc., and this is really just a starting point, I'm going to fine tune the design, shape etc. when I have the time.

Ryan

Wampa
Sep 21st, 2001, 01:49:41 PM
wow, awesome idea!
tom

Imahomer
Sep 21st, 2001, 02:15:32 PM
Wow!!! That's a great idea. Now you've got me thinking along those lines for myself.
Mike

E Williams
Sep 21st, 2001, 02:18:16 PM
Cool idea!
As far as cutting the hole, there are attachments for a drill press that will do that. I forgot what they are called, but there is a normal drill bit in the center and an adjustable arm that you set to the radius you want. The arm has a kind of chisel bit on the end, and cuts the circle.

Lukes Roommate
Sep 21st, 2001, 02:24:37 PM
Those drill bits are called auger bits (I think) but I didn't know they had adjustable ones! cool...

Imahomer
Sep 21st, 2001, 02:28:08 PM
Actually, I think he is talking about a simple hole saw. I like the idea of the stand being made rustic. Wood would be nice, or if it could be done, a fake rock of some sort. The way you've got it with the light under the Chalice is a nice touch and really adds some class to it, but the drawbacks are: a little more expensive and you'd need to have it near a electrical outlet.

obiwan shinobi
Sep 21st, 2001, 04:13:26 PM
man, that looks sweet! if anybody ends up doing a run, i'd be interested :)

btw Tom, you've got mail

Lukes Roommate
Sep 21st, 2001, 04:44:02 PM
I'm gonna tweak this idea over the weekend, and update the design on Monday (Hopefully a design that will minimalize the loss of my fingers during construction! :lol: )

Ryan

ogibendogi
Sep 21st, 2001, 06:39:19 PM
That is one sweet looking display! Keep us posted

Marc

Imahomer
Sep 21st, 2001, 08:44:08 PM
Well, the more I think about this, the more I think what a nice idea it is. I'd also be interested if someone wanted to make some sort of run of these guys.
Mike

Shinobi
Sep 26th, 2001, 03:06:01 AM
does anybody know if Toby has made a display for the Diary yet?