PDA

View Full Version : Initial interest *sign up* - Blake's 7 teleport bracelets.

Gulliver Foyle
Sep 21st, 2001, 04:08:31 AM
OK my friends, I have measured and remeasured and asked many questions of plastics suppliers and think I have been able to source all the exact materials used to make the Blake's 7 Liberator era teleport bracelet. Naturally I have used the Bower original in my posession as a guide, so believe me you can't get much more accurate than this.

Before I invest in building materials, I would like a 'heads up' for how many of you would be interested. I need 10 to make it happen - once these 10 places have gone, I will do the initial run of 10 and then depending on how it goes, I will consider a second if there is enough demand.

I estimate cost would be $50 plus $14 S&H.

i will post more pics if you want 'em.

http://www.jaunting-pad.freeserve.co.uk/home/bracelet_small.jpg

Kerr Avon
Sep 21st, 2001, 10:58:52 AM
If you could make it completely accurate following what you got from Martin, I'd take 2!

Kerr Avon
Sep 21st, 2001, 12:38:43 PM
Are you going to post this sign up list on the Dr Who forum as well? I would think you could pick up some more people there too!

micdavis
Sep 21st, 2001, 02:44:40 PM
I'm in for sure!!!!!!

Two if it makes it happen.

Thanks

Gulliver Foyle
Sep 21st, 2001, 03:06:16 PM
Kerr Avon,
I thought I'd see what happens here first for a day or two and then post likewise there - I think most people who look there look here too...but yeah I will...

OK...7, maybe 6 spaces left I think...

chewies big toe
Sep 21st, 2001, 04:06:13 PM
add me in for 1 mr foyle . Just let me know when you want the cash:)

steve

Gulliver Foyle
Sep 21st, 2001, 06:13:42 PM
5...hopefully some of you US guys may come to the party after work...

Kerr Avon
Sep 21st, 2001, 11:22:02 PM
Party after work?

*bump*

And to the rest of you, come on! Replica of a prop from one of the finest Science Fiction serials ever! Jump on it!

tk421mv7
Sep 21st, 2001, 11:35:46 PM
Hey, neat-o!

Yep, you can sign me up for one. Two if needed to make the project happen.

I can't wait to balance on rocks and say "Down and safe." :)

Okay, so what about a Scorpio-era bracelet?

Alex
tk421mv7

Kerr Avon
Sep 22nd, 2001, 12:18:47 AM
Feh. I hated the Scorpio bracelets.. how about instead the Federation Rifles, Liberator Pistols or Scorpio Pistols?

tk421mv7
Sep 22nd, 2001, 12:36:26 AM
While I mock your mocking of the Scorpio bracelets ( c'mon, gotta have a matching set ), I would also love to see the various pistols and Federation rifles be reproduced. Wasn't someone working on a Scorpio pistol?

Is it me or is the Federation rifle curiously similiar to an MPP?

Interesting that Blake's gun in "Blake" was a Kenner Stormtrooper rifle.

Alex
tk421mv7

micdavis
Sep 22nd, 2001, 12:54:04 AM
If I could get some GOOD pictures or an acccurate drawing known to be based on an original, I would build the Liberator weapons and holsters.

Always wanted one of those too.

Michael

Skyler101
Sep 22nd, 2001, 01:43:55 AM
Hey Guys...

I must say that I am guilty of bringing the Scorpio gun onto the forum. I found out that the "original" I bought was a resin kit, and my heart was not in moulding it cause it was not an original. Still, if your interested, let me know.

I also have an article on how to make both Liberator guns, and Scorpio bracelets, that were prined up in a british sci fi magazine. I will be able to scan them in about a week (right now Im travelling home), so let me know.

I have a liberator bracelet, and used to wear it to nightclubs, and other places. It waould always get a great reaction, and was a great way to start conversations.

I'd be interested in one if the price goes down a bit. I think the Blakes' 7 fan club offered originals using the same peices as Bower used for $40 US

-Skyler101

Gulliver Foyle
Sep 22nd, 2001, 04:10:53 AM
The Bower ones, which were offered by Horizon, the B7 fan club are no longer available they were a limited run and they were a cool $150 plus shipping.

That's kinda why I'm making a big deal out of the $50 thing.

I estimate at least 2 days full work on each bracelet, cutting the EMA parts sawing up the perspex buttons, drilling for the grey button, fitting the hinge and sanding all the rounded edges. Not to mention priming, spraying and adding the coloured tapes for the letters and patterns.

If you can find a Bower bracelet for $40, go buy it.

They've changed hands on E-BAY for around $400 at times.

In Fact, if you try to buy the correct parts for 1 bracelet yourself direct from the original UK plastics manufacturer, you will actually spend $112 on parts, not to mention shipping to the US.

The 2 correct sizes of tubing come in pieces of only 3 feet.

Hence the need for me to do 10 to bring the price down with a bulk order. I'm actually buying enough materials to make 20 so that you guys can get 'em at $50.

If I'm gonna get shot down over this, I really don't want to have to go to a lot of trouble bothering to make these.