PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Hunter

Sane Karno
Oct 20th, 2000, 03:10:16 AM
<font color = #3399ff>The 30 meter MandalMotors Pursuer Class Enforcement Ship sails slowly through the Corellian Sector heading towards Corellia. Sane Karno stands up as he yawns thrusting his arms up towards the ceiling up the ship. His eyes watery he looks around the ship and through the viewport at the emerging planet. He lowers his hands to his hips continuing to look through the viewport at the planet that's about an hour away at this speed. He lets out another long audible yawn and returns to his Captain's chair. He slumps back in the chair obviously at ease and enjoying the much needed rest.

Standing in the corner of the ship perfectly still about 5 meters behind Sane is his HRD (Human Replica Droid) affectionately known as "Guru".

Guru>"Master, might I make a suggestion?"

"Anytime Guru you know your thoughts are always welcome"

Guru>"If we increase our engines to 100% we can more than double our speed and get to Corellia in 26 minutes and 31 seconds. At the rate we're going it'll take 49 minutes and 42 seconds"

The man can hardly contain his laughter and lets out a soft laugh.

Guru>"Master why do you find my suggestion humorous? It is more efficient is it not?"

"Yes Guru it is more efficient"

Guru>"Should I increase engines to full throttle then Master?"

"No Guru this is my favorite part of the flight. It gives me time to think, time to rest. We're in no hurry"

Guru>"Should I prepare your weapons then Master?"

"No thanks Guru I'll take care of that, why don't you take us in for landing"

Guru>"Yes Master I'll let you know when we arrive"

The man turns towards the back of the ship where a small room houses his many weapons and all of his equipment. He equips his hip holster with a BlasTech DH-17 Blaster and makes sure that the safety is set to the "ON" position and that the stun setting is on as well. He places a Durasteel knife in his left boot so that the handle of the 6" blade can easily be accessed. He speaks softly to himself.

"Hmm that should be enough for now... This should be an easy job... well.. easy for me that is "
</font>

Sane Karno
Oct 21st, 2000, 12:09:01 AM
<font color = #3399ff>Approximately 1 hour later

The woman walks towards the back of the ship where her Master awaits in his Weapon's Locker.

Guru>"Master we've been approved for landing in docking bay 36. We're due to land in approximately 5 minutes more or less depending on traffic"

"Thank you Guru. We should get a bite to eat.. what would you recommend?"

Guru>"Master I am a Human Replica Droid, I require no food consumption"

He replies sarcastically "Oh that's right I forgot. Well can you recommend something for me? I can't remember what we had last time... I think it was Twi'Lek... it wasn't very good. You know what I like.. and you DO have a photographic memory so I'm sure you can recommend something to my liking"

Guru>"Well Master I suppose they have some food that you might find adequate on the 3rd level of the Broadway Sector, Corellian Cafe I believe..."

"Oh that sounds good I haven't been there in a while"

Guru>"I'll prepare for our departure as soon as we land."

"Sounds good Guru I get the feeling we'll be here for a while"

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 21st, 2000, 06:37:46 AM
OOC : Were you the person who private messged me asking to have a look at a small RP?

Evax Khan
Oct 22nd, 2000, 08:39:59 PM
The Corellian Cafe

The steady rhythm of the up-beat Cantina music comes through the built-in motion/sound sensor system in Evax Khans helmet in a distorted fashion. He has been sitting in the same booth of the Corellian Cafe for nearly three hours, watching the occupants come and leave, catching occasional glances from passer-bys. Whether it is because they merely wonder why a man fully clad in Mandalorian Armor would bother to sit in a Cafe, where he surely can't DRINK anything, or if it is soley because of the beautiful armor itself.

Shrouded in the slight shadows that encompass much of the dimly-lit section of the cafe, Evax continues to let his thoughts wander. Ocasionally he will turn his attention over to a game of Sabacc that has been going on since before even he arrived. He has been watching the growing pot at the center of the table at which the group of middle-aged men sit with growing interest for quite some time.

A steady stream of light flows through the small circular shaped windows on the far side of the Cafe, casting a warm glow across the floor. The mood of the Cafe is calm and peaceful, exactly the opposite of what strikes an interest in Evax Khans mind.

Suddenly, through the macrobinocular viewplate on his helmet, Khan sees the door to the Cafe swoosh open with a quick hiss, letting the light of mid-day flow into the room, reflecting off his Mandalorian armor in a beautiful fashion. Through the open door paces a tall man, flanked closely by a gorgeous woman who strides gracefully inwards, but stands unusually erect. The man has a casual look to him, as if he is trying to blend into the environment, but there is something about him... Something possibly only a skilled Bounty Hunter with years of experience such as Evax Khan would notice. The mans eyes dart around the Cafe with care, taking in the environment, noticing each and every detail of the room. Finally, the mans eyes meet that of Khan, and the connection is made. They have me before, he is sure now.

As the man begins walking slowly over to him, Khan notices the DH-17 which is held by a hip holster on the mans right side. He sees no other weapons on the man, but is sure that this one is not as simple as what meets the eyes.

Evax Khan sits up just a bit in his booth, crooking his head downwards ever so slightly in a very slow nod to the man who approaches him, a silent greeting to a man from times long past.

Nivek Felth
Oct 22nd, 2000, 08:57:13 PM
OOC: At last. I've waited a long time for other Mandalorians/bounty hunters to show up.

Dara Shadowtide
Oct 22nd, 2000, 09:31:37 PM
:: Dara smiles and nods, and then turns on her heel and is gone ::

Big Bad Naga
Oct 22nd, 2000, 09:53:44 PM
OOC-Ummm Dara I have a question about your sig. The line "No Hunter Shall Interfere With Another's Hunt.". In Star Wrs Shadows of the Empire, all the bounty hunters were out to kill each other to get Solo. Doesn't that screw up your code?

Nivek Felth
Oct 22nd, 2000, 10:03:04 PM
OOC:

Yes, Naga, you are right about that. However, Solo was a prisoner in Boba Fett's ship. Boba Fett was one who cared nothing about the Guild's codes and law. He was above it, and he used any means necessary to get what he wanted. Thus the bounty hunters of the Guild were forced to be a little more deadlier in their dealings. If Fett payed no heed to the code, why should the others.

And besides, I believe you are speaking of the Shadow of the Empire comics. There is a lot of conflictions in the literature of bounty hunters and the comics. Many bounty hunter books conflict each other, causing a confusion as to what really happened. Although from all that I've read Naga, the hunters were all after Fett, rather then each other.

Big Bad Naga
Oct 22nd, 2000, 10:15:49 PM
OOC- True, but if Bossk had it, they would've been after him. Same with the other bounty hunters. So I was suggesting she could put a postscript or something. Like an exception. I was just pointing that out...How do you join the Bounty Hunter's guild?

Nivek Felth
Oct 22nd, 2000, 10:20:07 PM
OOC:

Yes, I can see where your coming from. But of course, just because theres rules it doesn't mean there always followed. But just because they are not followed, it doesn't mean there shouldn't be any rules. I suppose its somewhat of a paradox.

As far as the Bounty Hunters Guild goes.....I'm afraid there isn't one here at Swfans.net. Not unless some of us hunters pull together to make one. I know one thing for certain though. The day that the BHG does exist, I will be there, ready to join it.

Dara Shadowtide
Oct 22nd, 2000, 10:35:50 PM
OOC:
Thanks Naga and Nivek. I didn't know that a single line in my sig would cause such an uproar. :lol: I found most of my bounty hunter information on a really great website. And in fact it lists the rules of the Creed there and points out that although the creed exists and is commonly followed, there are still those bounty hunters who give little regard for the creed and make their own path.

Evax Khan
Oct 25th, 2000, 12:53:47 AM
TTT: Just thought I would bring this to the top, since there seemed to be some recent discussions about bounty hunters going on...

And I'm also waiting for Sane. :)

Sane Karno
Oct 26th, 2000, 02:12:09 AM
<font color = #3399ff>
He approaches the man clad in Mandalorian Armor slowly... casually. Flanked by Guru who unnoticeably scans the room for a plethora of things including weapons, but also records data of the most minute detail which goes on in the small Corellian establishment. The HRD doesn't even move her eyes off of Evax yet her processor performs an insurmountable number of tasks with the greatest of ease. Of those keeping a close eye on the blonde haired beauty the fact that she is a droid is unknown. She has the ability to walk, talk, and act just like a normal human woman. As the two approach the man called "Evax Khan" a slight smile plays across the lips of Sane.

"Well.. I didn't think I'd be seeing you again. Evax Khan Hunter Supreme. Well... almost... at least... not as long as I'm around. But hey... it can't hurt to be second best. But anyways what brings you to this side of the Galaxy?

The seated hunter scans the room from right to left slowly and meets the eyes of Sane through his visor.

Evax Khan>"A Meeting"

"Well that's interesting, you wanna be more specific?"

Evax Khan>"A big Meeting"

"Well you've never been one for words can you scribble it down on a datapad for me or something? Maybe draw up a cute little diagram? OK you're here for a meeting. A Hunter of your caliber doesn't just come across the Galaxy to meet a date... so spill your guts why are you here?

The man once again slowly scans the occupants of the Cafe most of them not even so much as aware of their presence let alone spying on them.

Evax Khan>"Tyranus"

Sane's mouth almost noticeably drops as the words flow from Evax's lips. He draws closer to the man lowering the volume of his voice slightly.

"You think you can bring in Maximus Tyranus alive? Or better yet... Dead? We're talking Sith.. not just Sith... I've seen this guy kill people. He's not your average Sith Lord. You're not even a Forcey. Evax you've always been a pretty level headed guy I think you should reconsider the bounty."

Evax waits for the man to finish his ramble before he deftly answers him.

Evax Khan>"I'm not going to kill anyone, especially not Maximus. I haven't been told much, I've gotten a holo proj from Maximus himself and I'm supposed to meet him in Coruscant in a week. I don't know what it's about but how can I say no to Maximus Tyranus? He says he's inviting a couple of others, I don't know what it's all about I was in-system taking care of some other business... I just got the holo proj about an hour ago, Maximus doesn't usually set up meetings like this... it isn't his style. I'm curious to find out what he wants.

The man slowly strokes his short beard with his right hand as he ponders the idea of Maximus meeting with a number of important people throughout the Galaxy.

"So am I.. What does the most feared Sith Lord in the Galaxy want from you? Perhaps he wants you to be his personal assassin?"

Evax Khan>"I doubt it, it's not his style. That wouldn't explain why he invited the others."

"True. Well the mysteries of the Galaxy can wait... I'm starved. I've gotta eat I'm starved, mind if we join you?"

Evax looks the woman up and down as she stands there before him.

Evax Khan>"No not at all, I'd enjoy the conversation"

Sane looks over to his companion.

"I'm sorry, I'm awful with this kind of stuff. Evax Khan this is Guru... my personal assistant."

Evax Khan>"Pleasure to meet you Guru, any friend of Sane's is... well in danger most of the time."

The tall HRD lets out a small laugh.

Guru>"Danger I can handle, Sane... I don't know"

The three sit and discuss a variety of things that both men had thought long forgotten. For hours they sit in the small cafe discussing things both business and pleasure. They're interrupted as a small Message Droid passes through the cafe and hovers still in front of the party of three.

Arakyd Industries Seeker AS-M12>"Commence visual confirmation"

They all stare blankly at the droid as a light scans across the face of Sane Karno getting visual data to feed its processor.

Arakyd Industries Seeker AS-M12>"Visual Confirmation Complete. Begin Voice Confirmation."

Sane looks at the droid clearly not knowing what's going on.

"What?"

The small droid remains silent for about 2 seconds and then continues.

Arakyd Industries Seeker AS-M12">"Voice Confirmation Complete."

With that a small arm comes out of the top of the spherical droid which hover about a meter and a half off the ground, contained in the arm of the droid is what looks to be a small holo proj. The droid lets the small disc down on the table gently and then returns the arm to his main body before quickly floating away and back out into the busy streets of Corellia. Sane looks from Guru to Evax not quite knowing what to expect from the small holo projection they just recieved.

"What is this? Who knows I'm here? Guru we better get back to the ship so I can take a look at this. It might be important. Well Evax it's been a nice little reunion but I've gotta jet, I'll be getting back to you. It was a pleasure."

With that the trio exhanges pleasantries as Guru and Sane quickly exit the cafe en route to their ship. Not quite knowing what the future holds for him Sane is somewhat comfortable in the situation. He somehow knows that the Return of the Hunter is upon them.

Sane Karno
Oct 27th, 2000, 01:55:09 AM
<font color = #3399ff>
A Couple of Minutes later on board The Stingray

Sane Karno stands with Guru before their Holo proj unit as Guru inserts the Holo Projection disk that was sent by the notorious Maximus Tyranus. They wait for a couple of seconds as the Holo Projector reads the disk before a life-size image of none other than Maximus appears before them, almost as scary as the real thing. Although the man has the ability to strike fear into the hearts of the most courageous of soldiers Maximus Tyranus is a handsome, charismatic fellow. The holographic image stares at his audience for a brief second and then address the two.

Hologram Image of Maximus>"Greetings Sane Karno, and if things have changed as little as I believe they have you should be in the company of Guru as well. Hello Guru. I have a proposal for you, I'm willing to pay you 100,000 standard credits up front. When you arrive here in Coruscant we'll discuss the guidelines for your "services". If you do not wish to take the job you will be compensated for your time. I've arrived for you to stay in my Palace while you're on Coruscant. I expect you to arrive within the week, that should give you more than enough time to get here.

The man pauses for a second and then continues.

Hologram Image of Maximus>"Don't disappoint me Sane Karno"

Upon completion of the last syllable the hologram fades into nothing and Sane stands there contemplating the offer made by the Sith Lord.

Guru>"Are you going to make the trip to Coruscant?"

"Do I have a choice?"

Guru>"He stated in the Holo Proj that you have the choice.."

He interupts her mid-sentence.

"With Maximus there is no "choice". I suppose we should prepare to leave in the morning"

Guru>"What about the Nover Hit? You told the Corellian embassy that you'd have him in your custody by the end of the week"

"Nover can wait, the embassy won't mind if I get back to them in a couple of weeks. Send them a message telling them I've got urgent business to attend to and that I'll keep them briefed."

Guru>"Consider it done"

He scratches his chin as he begins to ponder the possibilities.

"Thanks Gu"

[i]The man walks out to the front of his ship as he stares out through the transparisteel viewport with his hands resting lightly on his hips. He daydreams as a plethora of thoughts race through his mind like a ship through Hyper Space. He lowers his head and brings his left hand up to meet his forehead as he runs it through his dark brown hair not quite knowing what the next day will bring. He raises his head and folds his arms across his chest looking towards the ground still thinking. He can't stop thinking about the impending meeting with the Sith Lord Maximus Tyranus. Somehow he knows that all will be well...

Sane Karno
Oct 30th, 2000, 03:05:26 AM
<font color = #3399ff>
OOC: TTT Just waitin' on you Evax