PDA

View Full Version : The Galactic Empire

Lord Gue
Nov 5th, 2000, 01:20:12 PM
<body bgcolor="black"><font color="Silver">[c]http://www.galacticempire.org/ge_June_logo01.gif (http://pub22.ezboard.com/bthegalacticempire)http://www.jedinet.com/multimedia/pictures/Art/Dave_Dorman/dorman_056.jpg<h3>We Are Here!</h3>

Darth Viscera
Nov 5th, 2000, 01:25:27 PM
<FONT SIZE=5><BOLD>AGAINST</BOLD></FONT SIZE=5>

Ibran
Nov 5th, 2000, 01:25:58 PM
"As long as those in power seek to to control rather than guide, they will be stopped. So shall it be with you, Sith. As a Jedi, I oppose your reign."

Lord Gue
Nov 5th, 2000, 01:27:58 PM
I am a jedi, a Shadow Jedi

Ibran
Nov 5th, 2000, 01:34:37 PM
"You choice of words makes you no less evil, and therefore no less Sith."

Lord Gue
Nov 5th, 2000, 01:39:29 PM
I am no less sith than I am jedi, for I am balance

Darth Viscera
Nov 5th, 2000, 02:05:12 PM
why not just be a sith?

Ibran
Nov 5th, 2000, 02:07:59 PM
"A balanace that must conquer and rule all? You fool yourself. Open your eyes, and see the truth. If you were a true balance, you would not conquer, but prevent conquering by anyone."

Lord Gue
Nov 5th, 2000, 02:08:25 PM
Becuase I am not defined by titles, I am who I am regardless

Darth Viscera
Nov 5th, 2000, 02:12:38 PM
*shrugs* whatever you say.

Tourment
Nov 5th, 2000, 03:26:48 PM
lol,kool pic though rite??

Darth Viscera
Nov 5th, 2000, 04:07:28 PM
what, that mustache guy? He looks like a hispanic han solo, all grinning and such. creepy.

Fire Hazzard
Nov 5th, 2000, 04:55:00 PM
very...oh so creepy... *shudders*

Fewdman
Nov 5th, 2000, 06:57:13 PM
I don't know why, but that image reeks of the Dune universe.

Oh, and get bent Gue.

Hart Kenobi
Nov 5th, 2000, 07:20:16 PM
No, it's not the Dune Universe, it's just the grease in his hair that's dripping on the floor.

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 6th, 2000, 04:37:12 AM
Shaodw Jedi = Dark Jedi.

Get it right Gue. NO Jedi uses the Dark Side. Shadow Jedi are deluded if they think they are anything else other Dark Siders. There is NO Balance between Light and Dark.

Kasperr Croose
Nov 6th, 2000, 05:03:36 AM
OOC- Actually their is a balance...its called SHADOW!!!!!! :lol:

IC-

Does it really matter? as Lord Gue has said "I am what I am regardless"...

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 6th, 2000, 06:01:17 AM
OOC : NO there isnt. The Balance refers to Unifying and Life Force, not Light and Dark. Your either a Light Jedi or your a Dark Jedi. Light Jedi only use the Light side while Dark Jedi will use the Dark side to various degrees. For a Force user, despite the crap of the EU, there is clearly no inbetween.

Darth Viscera
Nov 6th, 2000, 07:29:02 AM
That's what I've been saying (okay, to myself)

eh, maybe Gue's trying to express his uniqueness or something.

Kasperr Croose
Nov 6th, 2000, 08:06:28 AM
OOC- Retarded old man, it was a joke

IC-

does it really matter? Lord Gue can do what he wants and be what he wants its called FREEDOM. Shadow Jedi, Jedi, Imperial, Sith, etc it does not matter. Gue is not a SITH because he wants peace, he is not a Jedi because he's using war to gain peace. Does that answer it all?

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 6th, 2000, 08:26:26 AM
I feel sooooo insulted now. Not.

Face it, you have no idea what your carping on about. A SITH is a cult of the Dark Side. A person who uses the Dark Side and the Jedi arts but does not follow Sith teaching is a Dark Jedi. If you dont know it's important to a Jedi is to not know what a Jedi truly is. And frankly, you dont have a clue, never have and I suspect never will.

What Gue wants is POWER. And he uses every path to get it.

FYI, there is a Jedi group that actually DOES practice the art of fighting and war. Look it up at www.starwars.com, one of the members of the Jedi Council was a leading proponent of this group and thinking. They studied the fighting arts and developed styles and techniques for all other Jedi. In years gone past, there have been Jedi Warlords, Jedi General's etc.

Lord Gue
Nov 6th, 2000, 09:02:39 AM
a (http://www.shadowjedi.com)

Tourment
Nov 6th, 2000, 09:06:13 AM
lol,not much arguing with that eh??

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 6th, 2000, 09:07:58 AM
I know them. They pervert the Jedi ways.

Yes, I know all about them and Shinobi. There have been some massive arguments at Jedi United at this. Not many who study the Jedi ways agrees with them and as I study, I clearly see they mislead.

Qui Wan Jin
Nov 6th, 2000, 01:13:24 PM
Shadow Jedi, also known as Uber Jedi does not exist. You cannot balance yourself perfectly between using the Force for good and using the Force for evil it is not possible. And by claiming that you're a Shadow Jedi you're proclaiming to do just that. There is no way to balance the hate, agression, fear, and evil of the Darkside perfectly with the serenity, peace, calm, and goodness of the Lightside. Here's an analogy, can you be a good Christian and be an evil, sinful person at the same time? and balance your life between sin and God? No I don't think so.

Tourment
Nov 6th, 2000, 06:35:06 PM
ok,can u make a hyperspace drive that will cary you from one side of the galaxy to another? Can u make A superlaser that will compleatly desimate a planet? have we found ailen's that master magical powers generated by little simbiots inside of there body's??? no i didntt think so
point being that this is the star-wars universe where far-fetched accomplishments and normally ludicris ideals are the norm and are the basees of everything known

Darth Viscera
Nov 6th, 2000, 07:20:00 PM
So what you're saying, Tourment, is that in the Star Wars universe, you can be both hateful and loving at the same time, aggressive, yet docile, despotic, yet a humanitarian?

Man, that is total bull@#%$.

Can someone say 'ambiguous'?

Just because it's the Star Wars Universe, it doesn't mean we have to throw out the laws of common sense. Face it, sometimes, you can't be both. A criminal cannot be both law-breaking and law-abiding. A homicidal maniac cannot be respectful of human life, yet hold no regard for life whatsoever.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 6th, 2000, 07:22:02 PM
The principals of good and evil remain however. You can use evil for good and that's what a Shadow Jedi thinks. Bzzzt, try again.

Kasperr Croose
Nov 6th, 2000, 07:30:02 PM
Just to ask but this dont sound like a real good topic. Titles and stuff, I mean come on! Lets just drop it. Does it really have anything realated to this RPG?

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 6th, 2000, 07:38:50 PM
Yes, as I Jedi I'm disputing Gue's lies. Why, are we using words too big for you?

Arnheim
Nov 7th, 2000, 08:59:00 AM

Kasperr Croose
Nov 7th, 2000, 09:56:21 AM
no old man, your not using big words, Let me get you some mush to eat.

CORRECTION!

Gue=Imperial

Imperial=Wants control of the univers
Sith=Wants to destroy all and everything, wants only to gain for him or herself

Shadow Jedi=wants peace but uses war to get it

Firebird1
Nov 7th, 2000, 01:34:06 PM
Sith=Wants to destroy all and everything, wants only to gain for him or herself

Well he got that part right, but left out controlling the Galaxy through Fear.

Imperial=Wants control of the universe
Yes I agree with that, but...

Shadow Jedi=wants peace but uses war to get it

Gue would rather be a Sith instead of a Shadow Jedi, because if he was really Jedi he'd already made peace with the New Republic

EDIT:-I misspelled quote!!!ARRGH!!!

Lord Gue
Nov 7th, 2000, 01:58:49 PM
1. Not all jedi HAVE to like NR

Darth Viscera
Nov 7th, 2000, 06:19:02 PM
i am? that's not a complete sentence. you am what?

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 7th, 2000, 10:56:48 PM
OOC:Hmmm... Pic From Babolyon 5?

And Whats wrong With Dune? The Books where AWESOME!
And they are making the New Dune Mini-Movie Series or Something.

Shadow Jedi's Are Possible. Its Just Impossible to hold the balance between them long. Unless he makes a calander with even days he does good, and on odd days he does evil.

Tourment
Nov 7th, 2000, 11:15:25 PM
OOC:it from farscape,and i think thats gonna be a movie(dune)it on this friday it looks phat

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 8th, 2000, 02:01:46 AM
O yeah! the Guy who Hooked Up with Talon

The Lounge Lizard
Nov 8th, 2000, 07:21:58 AM
I guess this brings up something for my character.

I should have elaborated, but I wasn't totally sure of the differences, but my character is a DARK JEDI, and not actually a Sith.

I never had an actual teacher in the ways of the dark side. Instead, it was something that the situation forced me to trespass into, be it for better or worse. Had my character initially started as an apprentice under the tutelage of a Dark-Side Adept, then it would be a different story entirely.

However, I think if you analyze it, the two sects are quite meshed...as I am also sure that there are many people who are in Sith organizations that would actually fall into the status of Dark Jedi.

Qui Wan Jin
Nov 8th, 2000, 05:32:43 PM
A Dark Jedi is basically the opposite of the Jedi, a Jedi that uses the Force for evil. a Sith however is a bit more complicated. The Sith were a race not known to have existed by the Old Republic, the Old Republic banished some Jedi who were studying Darkside teachings. These Jedi went to the planet of the Sith and were treated as Gods because of their mastery of the Force. The Sith used the Force but didn't understand the ins and outs of it, over years and years the Sith intermixed with the fallen Jedi of the Old Republic creating what we know as the Sith, that all changed however when Darth Bane came around. Seeing that the Sith were killing each other off left and right Darth Bane went into hiding waiting for all of the other Sith to either die or get killed by one another. Then he set into motion the method which stated that there would always be 2 Sith a Master and an apprentice. So there is a clear line between Dark Jedi and Sith.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 9th, 2000, 02:03:05 AM
Read that Same History Somewhere Before

Venom
Nov 9th, 2000, 02:49:56 AM
I myself am accuratly a Dark Jedi. I too also question what a shaodw Jedi is as there is clearly a differentiation between Jedi / Dark Jedi. A Jedi does not use the Dark Side while a Dark Jedi does, for whatever reason, not necessarily evil I might add. You are simply a Dark Jedi if you allow yourself to use the Dark Side and continue to do so.

Thence, for whatever motive, a Shadow Jedi must be counted in the numbers of Dark Jedi.

Qui Wan Jin
Nov 9th, 2000, 01:48:17 PM
Remember the speech Yoda gave? Anger leads to hate... and so on and so on. You can't just use the Dark side and not be evil, once you start down its path forever will it control your destiny. In other words.. your character can't just use the Dark side and not be evil, initially he may not be evil but it will indeed take him over.

Gormul Hyfe
Nov 9th, 2000, 01:56:50 PM
Dude, qui.... guess what. My Dad deleted my AOL sn and I'm grounded from the net 'till I turn 18 and move out, in four years. Does that grip or what?

Now the only time I can get on is at school when I have free time. God... Can we say 'nerd'?

*big sigh*

The Lounge Lizard
Nov 9th, 2000, 07:29:50 PM
Qui, then explain what happens when Luke accidentally uses the dark side in ROTJ...wouldn't that negate that theory?

Qui Wan Jin
Nov 9th, 2000, 07:46:30 PM
Are you talking about Dark Empire? When in ROTJ did he use the dark side? You need to be more specific

The Lounge Lizard
Nov 9th, 2000, 07:54:54 PM
When Vader threatened Leia. It was pretty obvious.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 9th, 2000, 08:00:11 PM
Has Anyone But me noticed that IS THE ONLY TIME Jedi Have beaten Sith? When They Used the Dark Side (In the Movies)

DvdJervs
Nov 9th, 2000, 08:06:18 PM
In ROTJ Luke gave into his anger when he charged Vader.

It's very hard to be specific about when someone turns dark because as we saw in ROTJ Luke lost it but when he had the offer of turning towards the Dark Side he rejected it.

As for the whole Shadow Jedi thing I had never heard of the concept until someone from the chats came here earlier this year and tried to convince everyone that Luke was a Shadow Jedi. I've never given it a 2nd thought really.

I've read some theories suggesting there is no Light side of the Force. Rather there is the Force, and the Dark Side of the Force. The Dark Side is like the shadow of the true Force. It's much easier to grasp and become powerful with, but an individual with the full strngth of the Force would be able to defeat anyone f the Dark Side (this goes back to ESB with Yoda and Obi-Wan telling Luke that only a fully trained Jedi could defeat the Emperor and Vader).

Qui Wan Jin
Nov 9th, 2000, 08:29:51 PM
OK as for LL's thing if you're talking about when Luke attacked Vader.. yes he did give into the Dark Side but no he did not dedicate his studies to the Dark Side of the Force, he wasn't continually using the Dark Side on a daily basis, he was able to by his own will power overcome the Dark Side but mind you he had barely tapped into it. Later when he became a Dark Side adept under Palpatine and was indeed a Dark Jedi it was very difficult for him to return to the light. He said that only because of the love of his family and friends was he able to overcome the Dark Side. So no my theory was not negated by Luke succumbing to the Dark Side for a brief period of time.

The Lounge Lizard
Nov 9th, 2000, 09:41:41 PM
But your theory said nothing about time duration...instead, saying that once somebody uses the dark side, then it will consume them forever.

Qui Wan Jin
Nov 9th, 2000, 11:00:17 PM
No.. it's not MY theory... I never called it a theory, it's what Yoda says in Episode 1, anger leads to hate, bla bla bla, you can't use the Dark Side on a daily basis and not expect irreperable damage.

Qui Wan Jin
Nov 9th, 2000, 11:02:06 PM
This is exactly what I said in my first post, "initially he may not be evil but it will indeed take him over. " Initially meaning at first.

Lord Gue
Nov 10th, 2000, 07:04:43 PM
here (http://www.forceacademy.com/Shadow/index.htm)