PDA

View Full Version : :: More than she bargained for :: (CLOSED RPG)

Dara Shadowtide
Sep 19th, 2000, 11:47:17 PM
OOC:
This is a closed rpg for only those invited. Thanks.

IC:
:: Dara reflects back on her last visit to <a href=http://pub1.ezboard.com/fthejediloungevisitingarea.showMessage?topicID=647 .topic> Duncan's Pit Shop</a>. A smile graces her lips as she remembers how she released all of Duncan's droids into the streets without restraining bolts via the power of the dark side. Ah yes, evil in its purest form, and of course with her friend Dalethria, that is the only way it could possibly be. They are quite a pair indeed and enjoy causing chaos.

After receiving a hologram transmission from Duncan himself, Dara now has the unique opportunity to go into a side business with him. Duncan did some research and found out about her vast smuggling experience with her father and wants to employ her to smuggle weapons from his shop. Always happy to oblige and make some credits, Dara travelled back to Dagobah in her CR90 the Resilience to meet with Duncan.

She pilots the ship there with no entanglements and lands right on schedule. Her droids C2-R4, R2-Q2 and K-3PO will stand guard over the ship while she conducts business. She disembarks the ship, walking down the ramp towards his shop. Dara arrives and is greeted enthusiastically by Duncan ::

Duncan: "How is my favorite new business partner?" he says with a smile.

:: Dara shoots him a sharp glare as she does not talk of smuggling in the open like that ::

Dara: "Would you keep your voice down? We don't want to draw any attention. Now let's talk about this in your office, not out here," she says quietly in a firm tone.

Duncan: "Ok, ok, ok. Gees, it's not like the droids are going to talk or anything. Let's go."

:: They step into his office, a rather dirty and unkempt place with droid parts scattered about ::

Dara: "Ok here are my terms. I smuggle the weapons to the prescribed locations. I get 55% of the share and no lip from you about how I run the operation. You are dealing with an experienced smuggler here and I do things my way. If you want a market for your weapons, then stick with me. I have a reputation among the underground and you will be a very rich man in no time."

:: Dara actually sees a dribble of drool coming down his chin and she turns away in disgust for a moment. Duncan clears his throat ::

Duncan: "Ok, now I remember how persuasive you can be from last time so your terms are acceptable. I will get the first order set up and the weapons ready to be shipped. Meet me here in two days time."

Dara: "I will be here. Good day Duncan. You have just made a very lucrative business deal, my greedy friend."

:: Dara smiles an evil smile and rises from the office chair to depart ::

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 20th, 2000, 12:13:21 AM
:: "I'm at Duncan's Pit shop. The wanted man is in here?"

A murmur from the comlink.

"UNderstood. Suspect is armed and dangerous and has one person in with him. Backup in position?"

Another murmur

"Good. Jedi Turbogeek out"

The suspect for the murder of the family was supposed to be inside this Pit Shop. It was not uncommon for Jedi to be sent to arrest dangerous criminals, unusual for a Jedi Master to be asked, but the Jedi was the only person availible. He took out his lightsabre, lit it and then decided to scare the suspect. Having a Jedi come in suddenly would be enough to scare anyone, especially with a sabre ignited.

He paused at the door then strode through. No one but droids in here, but there seemed to be an office. He walked and then slammed the door open. A woman is rising out of a chair and a man sitting at the desk, face frozen in sudden horror.

DT can see the face matches the holo he was given.

"You! Hands up and dont try anything!"::

Dara Shadowtide
Sep 20th, 2000, 12:46:18 AM
:: Just as the door bursts open, Dara senses an overwhelming amount of light in the force and feels nauseated. As the hum of the intruder's lightsaber resounds in the small room she instinctively reaches for one of her sabers and ignites it quickly, looking through the purple glow to face the legendary DT ::

Dara: "What brings you here jedi?"

:: DT scoffs at the sith daring to interfere in his arrest ::

DT: "Step aside woman, this has nothing to do with you, not yet anyway. If you make a bad choice it could have to do with you really quick."

Dara: "Well I think since I am here too, it could have something to do with me. Now state your business here."

:: Dara focuses her glare on DT and he meets her gaze briefly before turning his attention to Duncan ::

DT: "I am here to arrest Duncan. He is being charged with murder and will face a trial. Now get out of my way sith."

:: Duncan turns noticeably pale as DT speaks. Dara turns from DT to Duncan and then back to DT. She focuses on the dark side and feels it flowing through her, empowering her and feeding of the rage and hatred she feels for this jedi ::

Dara: "He's not going anywhere. We have a business matter at hand and I will not allow it to be interrupted just because he spilled some blood."

:: As DT laughs at her, she levitates an old cash register off the shelf behind him and sends it crashing into his head ::

Dara: "Duncan! Get out of here NOW!"

:: Duncan sprints out the office door as DT and Dara face off ::

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 20th, 2000, 01:02:08 AM
:: The Jedi ducks the register and comes up, face unreadable as he sees his qaurry getting away. Reaching out with the Firce, a droid falls in Duncan's path, tripping him. The Jedi turns his attention to the Sith

DT : For the final time, get out of my way

Dara : I will not yeild!

DT : Your choice

The Jedi Master moves, his blue sabre snapping outwards. She counters, sparks flying as the Jed swings straight up, his sabre biting into the doorway and spraying the Sith with sparks. She is temporarily blinded and DT takes advantage and kicks her in the face, the Sith tumbling backwards into a group of droids::

Dara Shadowtide
Sep 20th, 2000, 01:52:08 AM
:: Dara stumbles backwards into the droids. The springs from their locked legs hold firm and seem to catch her and propel her back towards the jedi as they are both rather surprised by this. She regains her footing and wipes the blood from her mouth while keeping her eyes locked with DT's. She swiftly turns her attention to Duncan and force pushes him out into the main floor of the store ::

"Now get out Duncan, move it!"

:: Dara then suddenly force leaps toward the jedi and slices at his chest. He skillfully parries and as their blades lock, a shower of sparks emit all over the office floor. She looks into his eyes with pure hatred, and as their blades remain locked in a power struggle she kicks him in the knee and then spins 360 degrees to the right, simultaneously pushing his saber to the side and then slicing at his arm with the momentum built up from the spin ::

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 20th, 2000, 07:05:33 AM
:: The Jedi turns, also spinning and allowing the blade to barely miss his arm continuing to spin and lash out with his sabre. The blades clashed and hummed as the two force users faced off, the Sith filled with hate and the Jedi frustrated his quarry had got away, but now calm for this unexpected fight.

The Sith seemed good, but not as skilled as some other opponents, so probably not ready for some of the fighting techniques he employed.

They feinted and clashed, Turbogeek assessing this threat. There wasnt much room to fight in this shop and with the droids often hurring to get out of the shop....

Out of the shop...

He stepped so he faced the window, with the Sith with her back to the opening. An internal smile, a few move sabre clashes and then Turbogeek lashed out an open hand, using the hand to focus his Force power, striking the Sith under the chin, lifting her and smashing her through the window. Glass exploded everywhere as she flew, the crash sounding like a bomb going off. Landing 5 meters away, the Sith was showered by broken glass, as well as landing back first on some.

She looked up and her eyes widened as she saw a thrown droid, coming right at her....::

Dara Shadowtide
Sep 20th, 2000, 06:33:08 PM
:: Dara slams backwards into the window, glass shattering instantly and impaling her back as she flies out into the street, landing hard on the ground. Her saber disignites upon impact as the glass shards drive further into her skin. Passersby outside the shop scream and run away in fear at seeing a lightsaber duel. Feeling the warm blood trickle down her back, she grimaces and then looks up instinctively to see the incoming droid. She swiftly rolls away to the side to evade the mass of metal as it twists and explodes on the ground.

Standing up and igniting her saber once again, Dara looks at DT smirking at her just inside the window frame and she uses the pain from her wounds to focus her dark side energy to pull the bookcases which surround him down on top of him, parts catalogs and droid spec sheets burying the jedi ::

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 21st, 2000, 06:16:48 AM
:: The Force barely warns him in time, but still he has to push part of himself to be free.

She's standing there laughing!!!

She doesnt laugh as droid parts, books, and even full droids are hurled at her through the Force. She misses most, but she is caught by one arm, crashing into her jaw...

Correction she realised as she staggered away. That was the Jedi's arm, obviously using the hurled parts as cover to close in on her. A kick at close range sends her backwards again, tripping up over a droid body::

Dara Shadowtide
Sep 21st, 2000, 07:46:50 PM
:: As Dara falls backwards from the kick, she lands a glancing blow to his lower leg with her saber, the smell of burnt flesh bringing a smile to her face. She awkwardly rolls over the droid and her saber disignites. As she pushes herself to her feet, she grabs an arm from a broken droid and ignites her saber once again. She stands defiantly now wielding her saber and a droid arm.

She weaves her way through the droid parts, books and full droids on her path to the jedi as he stands there calmly looking at the sith. Her eyes never leaving his as the pain from her jaw and stomach fuel the hatred which burns so deeply within her. Dara channels the rage to force push DT back a few feet, where he recovers his footing quite easily, yet surprised she could move him nonetheless.

DT smirks and advances toward her as she closes in on him. The two adversaries meet just in front of the broken window. She executes a quick slice to his arm with her saber, and he blocks deftly. She then slams the droid arm into his face. As it tags him in the temple, he grabs it and slams it into her cheek, drawing a long streak of blood as she stumbles backwards ::

~Edit~ Here you go DT, it took a while but I found it. ;)

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 28th, 2000, 04:22:43 AM
:: As she stumbles backwards, the Jedi quick to pounce, dropping the droid arm and slamming a double palm strike to the top of her throat.

as if any public scence, a crowd of bystanders began to gather, to observe the fight, but still standing what they thought was a good distance away from the combatants.

Not far enough. With the force, the Jedi strikes out, throwing Dara off her feet and skidding into a tangle of bodies as she causes some of the bystanders to fall on top of her. More imprtantly however she lost sight of the Jedi...::

Dara Shadowtide
Sep 30th, 2000, 05:16:20 PM
:: Dara pushes the bystanders off her and they gladly scramble away from the sith. She touches her hand to her throat and swallows hard from the hit she took from his hand. She focuses on the pain to empower her as the dark side runs through her veins freely. Her attention is on the crowd as she looks for the jedi. He is no where to be found. She grimaces and pushes herself to her feet. She grabs a cloak from a nearby patron as they flee away from her.

Dara slips the cloak on and draws the hood up. Now donning a cloak to blend in, she stealthily maneuvers through the crowd. A brilliant plan suddenly dawns on her. Her face is hidden and she starts to cry. She reaches out to a nearby patron and tugs on his sleeve, as he seems concerned by her crying ::

Dara: "My little boy is in the droid shop, I don't want him to get caught in this fight with the sith and jedi. Please come help me find him, please sir."

:: Dara keeps up the tears facade and the man seems genuinely concerned. Now Dara really has no children and Duncan is about 20 years older than she is, but this is just a townsperson with a simple mind and should be pretty easy to fool. Her objective is just to get back inside the droid shop and she will use any means necessary ::

Patron: "Here, here Miss, don't cry. Let's go take a looksee. I'm sure your boy is ok."

:: With the patron, Dara moves unnoticed into the Droid shop and looks around inside ::

Dara: "Duncan, are you in here?"

:: Dara hears a stirring in the far corner and sees the top of Duncan's bald head ::

Dara: "What are you still doing here! I told you to get out of here. Now go out the secret entrance and leave! This jedi will not stop until he has you and I refuse to lose out on a business deal. Go now!"

:: Duncan quickly moves to a part of the wall and then disappears as it rotates completely around and closes again. Dara hears laughing and spins around to see that the patron is none other than DT and she rapidly ignites her sabers to face him ::

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 23rd, 2000, 08:24:55 AM
:: The Jedi had felt a presence inside the droid shop and had summised the quarry was till there, maybe in a secret passage. He had deliberatly disengaged from the fight with the Sith (Now, who in the Force was she? He mused) and gone back to the shop to see if his real concern was till there.

The shop itself was a mess. Pieces everywhere and the Jedi picked his way carefuooly, searching via the Force. A presence was above him....? Quickly relighting his sabre, he proceeded to cut a great section ut of the roof, intending to bring it down and flush out whatever was up there..... but the Force warned him someone was coming. He snapped off the sabre, put it away, then turned around so he was not facing the newcomers. Abit of a mind suggestion deflect curiousity....

Oh great. One of them was that Sith. More than a bit irritated, he waited a bit and much to his surprise, the quarry was indeed still in the shop... but not in the roof like he thought. Still, one more cut and the roof would give way.....

The quarry went into a secret door and as the Sith turned, so did the Jedi Master, drooping the mind suggestion, a smile on his face. He read the look of shock on the Sith

Surprised? Get a load of this!

She lit her sabre and as she did, The Jedi also lit up, then jumped and finished of the roof cut. Puzzled, the Sith narrowed her eyes....

The Jedi leaped out the window as the roof crashed downwards. Debris flew out the windows and dust enveloped everything as the Jedi got back to his feet outside. ::

Dara Shadowtide
Oct 24th, 2000, 10:40:25 PM
:: Tuned into the dark side, Dara looks up just in time to see the roof begin to topple down upon her. She raises her saber and ignites the second one, fending off the initial small debris with a hue of purple streaking amidst the dust. Her force enhanced moves are not quite enough to stop all of the pummeling as she takes a few gashes from stray boards and other various projectiles.

A splintered board rips down the length of her arm and causes her to drop one of her sabers. She screams between clenched teeth and grips her remaining saber with both hands, and in a pure rage of evil she swings at everything in sight. As the last large section of the roof gives way, Dara force leaps to a door frame to shield herself just as the roof crashes to the floor of the shop. Daylight floods inside from above to highlight the massive damages.

She calls her second saber to her hand and ignites it as she looks around. Of course the evasive and sneaky jedi is no where to be seen. In a fit of rage, Dara levitates parts of the roof and sends them hurling out the smashed open front window. Remnants of the roof spill out onto the street as she continues to send objects screaming toward the streets.

Dara strides across the shop floor, blood streaming down her arm and face, bruises swelling from the shower of objects that just rained down upon her. The power of the dark side surges through every part of her body as she steps to the side of the window frame. As she looks to the crowd, she sees revealed on their frightened faces the location of the jedi as they are looking directly at him. Dara grips her sabers tightly and hops outside of the window and swings her sabers wildly, cutting at anything near her path of utter destruction and chaos ::

~Edit TTT~