PDA

View Full Version : *Fleet exits Hoth space*

Lord Gue
Dec 7th, 2000, 03:05:17 PM
[i]A fleet of frigates moves off from the planet Hoth, its course points it towards Coruscant. A tour of three TIE squadrons see's off the fleet as it moves out of system. When the fleet exits the system, the TIE's turn back to base and the fleet continues on, not entering hyperspace....

Lord Gue
Dec 8th, 2000, 12:40:49 AM
[i]As the fleet nears Bespin, 1 of the frigates veers off and heads towards the planet, the rest of the ships continue on course....

Sniper Tondry
Dec 8th, 2000, 02:16:01 AM
(ooc) I'm assuming that you mean your ship dropped out of hyperspace and re-oriented to Bespin, since "veering off" in hyperspace isn't really possible.

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 8th, 2000, 02:27:40 AM
:: Thinks::

Going to Bespin. Possibly bad idea I would have thought. Dont the Dark Axis control that planet?

Tourment
Dec 8th, 2000, 08:51:54 AM
the ships were never in hyperspace tonrdy :)

Lord Gue
Dec 8th, 2000, 09:07:16 AM

Lord Gue
Dec 8th, 2000, 09:07:40 AM
OOC: The ships are NOT in hyperspace, read the first post. They are traveling through real space, and yes Bespin is controled by them

Sniper Tondry
Dec 8th, 2000, 01:01:43 PM
(ooc) Tourment, Gue, they have to be in hyperspace to get anywhere.

Point in question: The distances between systems are too vast for sublight drives to be of use in galactic travel.

Case example: The Millenium Falcon had to use it's backup hyperdrive just to get from Hoth to Bespin in ESB, and they still got beat by Slave One with it's functioning hyperdrive.

Summary: If you're traveling through real space as opposed to hyperspace, it's gonna take you a long time to get anywhere because interstellar travel is made possible only by hyperdrives.

EDIT: I suppose all I'm really trying to say here is that you can use sublight engines for travel, but you won't get far.

Lord Gue
Dec 8th, 2000, 01:02:41 PM
[i]As the fleet continues course towards Coruscant it makes a wide sweep and splits off in 5 seperate directions. The first half heads towards Coruscant, The second turns towards Dagobah. Another towards Tatooine. A third heads towards Byss, while the fourth goes towards Naboo....

Darth Viscera
Dec 8th, 2000, 02:25:27 PM
What planet are you really attacking? If you're trying to execute a feint attack, you're doing an exceedingly poor job of it. You're not supposed to tell people where you're feinting.

Brian-when did they ever say in ESB that the Falcon was using its backup HD?

Lord Gue
Dec 8th, 2000, 02:50:15 PM
[i]The Bespin frigates finaly reach orbit over the planet and await a transmission. The Dagobah frigates reach the edge of the system, and the Tatooine frigates near close to it....

Firebird1
Dec 8th, 2000, 03:13:44 PM
*A squadron of TIE Advanced and 1 Skipray Blastboat named "The Destron" exit hyperspace. Firebird1 aboard the blastbaot opens an encripted comm channel to his other ships.*
Firebird1: All TIE's on high alert, there is a unknown ship that our "spys" on other worlds say is a TGE frigate. You are to make contact, and only fire when fired upon.
Firebird1 out.
*The 12 TIE Advanced begin to approch the frigate.*

Sniper Tondry
Dec 8th, 2000, 05:16:06 PM
During the "Hiding in the Garbage" part, after the Imperials had left the system. They were talking about how far they could get on a backup hyperdrive.

If Gue actually thinks his frigates are going to reach Bespin through sublight travel without taking several years first, he's got another thing coming.

Tourment
Dec 8th, 2000, 06:09:14 PM
gosh tondry :lol: . spaz. the rate at which they arer traviling is not monumentaly important in this thread[not realy important at all]if it suites you then yes,they were traviling in hyperspace then one droped out and headed towards blah blah....etc...

Grand Adm Thrawn
Dec 8th, 2000, 09:44:17 PM
OOC: how many ships are in each grouping?

Lord Gue
Dec 8th, 2000, 11:19:17 PM
OOC: Lets just say each group that heads out to an individual planet has about 2-3 frigates in it.IC: [i]The frigates over Besin continue to circle the planet, obivios to the approaching TIE's. The other frigates begin reachng their targets one by one...

Grand Adm Thrawn
Dec 9th, 2000, 12:29:18 AM
3 ASD's are disbatched from Dagobah to intercept the enemy vessels.. The ASD's begin charging superlasers

Lord Gue
Dec 9th, 2000, 01:00:18 AM
OOC: Ok, your charging superlasers to destroy frigates, which are cargo carrying ships that have no weapons and light sheilding, you would power up superlasers for this? LMFAO!IC: [i]The few Frigates continue along their way...

Grand Adm Thrawn
Dec 9th, 2000, 03:16:59 AM
OOC: when im not in the mood to roleplay fleet crap i just charge up the super lasers and blow what ever you got out of the stars..

i could go into some tactical battle plan but you dont really read them much like how itala doesnt bother reading his enemys replys so im just going to save time and effort with these here super lasers

Darth Viscera
Dec 9th, 2000, 03:46:15 AM
Watches the whole debacle through a holofeed routed from Keyhole station.

Lord Gue
Dec 9th, 2000, 11:03:05 AM
[i]The Frigates fly right past the ASD's and start procedures to orbit the planet, the same proscess taking place over all the other planets as well...

Grand Adm Thrawn
Dec 9th, 2000, 06:08:38 PM
OOC: Gue im not in the mood for your god mode

there little chance those frigates could get past the ASD's and enter orbit

and if they did i would like you do at least put some effort into showing how they did so

you can go back and edit you post untill then it will be ignored

Ic:

The ASD's fire there superlasers at the frigates destroying them

Tourment
Dec 9th, 2000, 11:51:08 PM
OOC: :lol: ou people. . . . . . .gosh!

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 10th, 2000, 12:53:24 AM
That was about one post more than I expected from Thrawn to destroy the figrates. He must have wanted to give Gue a chance to run.

Lord Gue
Dec 10th, 2000, 08:19:45 AM
OOC:Easy, they just flew right past them

Firebird1
Dec 11th, 2000, 12:20:57 AM
*The squadron of TIE Advanced approches the group of Frigets. The squardon leader attempts to make contact with one of the Frigets...*

Lord Gue
Dec 11th, 2000, 12:40:15 AM
[i]The frigates refuse to break radio silence

Firebird1
Dec 11th, 2000, 02:51:28 AM
*The TIE squadron continues it's servaliance from a safe distance, spreading out and patroling the area.*

Lord Gue
Dec 11th, 2000, 08:31:05 AM
[i]The set of frigates being examined by TIE continues to encircle planet, like the others. And shows no suspicious activity....

Tourment
Dec 11th, 2000, 09:07:57 AM
:LOL WTF no suspicious activity? ithink your just being there is susicious activity

Firebird1
Dec 12th, 2000, 03:58:31 AM
OOC: So like is this thread dead, or am I just not getting the point?

Grand Adm Thrawn
Dec 12th, 2000, 07:23:57 AM
OOC: my guess is that gue is trying to gain imperial propaganda other then that this thread has no point