PDA

View Full Version : Coruscant – Eyes in the Shadows

Darth Havok
Sep 5th, 2000, 09:55:04 PM
OOC- Closed thread, please, except for those involved. Namely, DT. And those mentioned. If you’d like to join in the story, then send me an email me. Or post at my board, etc.. I’ll warn you ahead of time, its quite long, and has to do with development of my character etc.. Enjoy..

IC:
He arrives in orbit of the planet, sending the required codes to the fleets in the vicinity, making his presence known, and that he would be no trouble, and was just passing through on a short visit with some old acquaintances… A shuttle is deployed to the surface with Lady Shadowtide aboard, accompanied with his elite guard to ensure his and her protection they land on the outskirts of a city, and he tells her to keep and eye on things, and that he wouldn’t be long.. He departs from the craft and follows a battered path to the city….

Clouds enwrapped the crescent moon, turning its scat light into a subtle glaze. Accustomed to the night, havok had little difficulty negotiating the streets of this rugged outlining city, despite the strangeness of a city so unlike the crushed and crowed country of the east. The marketplace had long ago become a central attraction for the city. Houses radiated outward from it in concentric semicircles. The farther havok traveled from the shops and stands now tarp-covered for the night, the more modern the style of the homes became. The wealthy community near the market had sprung from the ruins of a slum, the inns and boarding houses sought premium space..

Havok studied the layout more from habit than interest. His life had to long depended on animal alertness and the ability to discern slight movement from shadow. Predators of every type preferred the nights, and those who had most to fear from them had little choice but to become nocturnal as well. Under cover of darkness, he also had less chance of being discovered by old enemies. Havok had heard of more then one-gang lord who opened himself to assassination by coveting money, power, or women. Fixation on any one thing became a blind spot that allowed enemies quiet access…

A thrill shiver through havok, as he stopped at the mouth of an alley, surrendering more to his thoughts, then his feelings as he felt drawn in that direction. Havok had ran with gangs before, but had never felt as comfortable with any group which he was with, the lying, manipulation, and deceit he experienced.. Pushed him away, as he sought new directions in life after those times, and had a great power within that called to him frequently telling him he was capable of so much more.. He continued down an alleyway that was familiar to him, his eyes sought discrepancies even as his mind worried other matters.. The patterns of light and shadow were intimately familiar. Though he could not have drawn them for another’s inspection, they had become permanently etched on his memory..

The money he had taken off their dead attackers and obtained from selling the illegal good stolen, was plentiful in his mind. He never doubted he had the expertise to part rich men and fools from their money, no matter the technique, but he cared little for petty theft.. It made him feel as dirty as the lowest whore-bred known to man..

A rustle, too loud to be a rat, touched havok’s ears as he reached the end of the alleyway, streets etiquette demanded he not intrude on the operation of another, no matter how nasty or dark the other’s work might prove. From habit, he switched directions, heading down a narrow thoroughfare that led toward the richer part of town.. Having eaten a reasonable dinner prior to his arrival, with no particular goals in mind, except that of his meeting with his contact, he accepted the course route with graceful ease.. At he end of that route, another noise guided him to continue..

Havok moved soundlessly through streets that changed from raunchy, trash-filled dirtways to cobbles scarred by the passage of small vehicles and steel-soled boots. No matter where he went, the sounds of others working influenced his course, driving him always toward the affluent/wealthy sector in the northwest corner of town.. Warning nagged at the edges of his mind, slipping to conscious thought, then gradually tingling through his body. He analyzed his concern. Is someone deliberately sending me there? The thought seemed madness. To do so would require the cooperation of at least twenty regular people, and he doubted his enemies from the East had that many more to spare.. Such a masterful, and well-orchestrated teat went beyond the ability of a street gang. More importantly, they would choose a better victim for such a scam. Havok, with his ragged hair and tattered clothes, his stalwart able-bodied figure should not draw the attention of thieves, except as a possible rival..

Rival? Havok mulled that thought a bit longer. He had heard of gangs so possessive of territory. They ritually slaughtered anyone of their ilk who dared step upon it. Havok dismissed this idea, too. He had traveled here before without challenge, and it seemed unlikely hoodlums would set him up by leading him to a preposterous part of the city, the sector most likely to draw patrols and guards.. In fact. Havok realized as he made another directional change to accommodate his destination, and saw the massive shadow in the distance, I’m headed toward the main military instillation. Havok could not think of any location more heavily protected in this rugged town.. Now the whole thing made sense. Fewer thieves would hunt the area neat their. Therefore, avoiding movement would funnel him directly toward it. That none of his prior treads through here had ended here in the past. Perhaps he had simply been lucky before…

He heard the distant clomp of footfalls upon the ground, and the clink of armor as the guards paced their watches, intermingled with voices from afar. Havok stopped, recognizing that combination, he had heard that voice many times before. The words blended into an indecipherable rumble, occasionally interspersed with laughter.. It was the commander of the instillation, enjoying his inheritance of his position beneath the stars.. Young and full of dreams and plans, he’d promised to end crime in the Market City, and part of that vow required him to examine the city at its most dark time, and observe the guards at work. Havok’s curiosity dispersed with understanding, and he had found no more reason to study the commander of the city, he thought best to quietly avoid the group, as he did in his prior instance.

Havok entered the alley with a slow caution that kept him near the left wall in the shade of a decorative overhang. Old buildings of mortared stone encased him on both sides, and he glanced curiously towards the exit. For reasons he could not explain, discomfort settled over him. He felt as if unseen eyes probed him in the darkness. His hand slid to a knife at his side, instinctively, before he realized he had moved. The sixth sense trained into him from childhood prickled to life, its source vague and un-centered..

Havok went still, gaze cutting through the darkness and ears attuned for movement. The distant clank of pacing guard men, the jumble of voices on the wind, and the chirping swelling and ebbing of the insects. He continued into the alleyway. Inspection reveled two old boards, three rain barrels, and several in growths of weeds perking through the battered cobble stone. As he studied the old stone, he caught sight of movement out of the corner of his eye. Way up on the roof of a two-story dwelling, someone crouched in the shadows..

His hear rate quickened, as he continued his slow pace, battling the urge to crouch for defense. So long as the stranger believed himself to be just a walking patron out for a midnight stroll, he might not bother Havok. More likely, the man or women on the rooftop had more important business, and Havok had simply butted into his way.

Havok pretended to study the walls and ground as he walked, using his peripheral vision to scan the rooftops. The maneuver made his eyes ache, but he discovered another figure on the rooftop. Then another. Within a moment, he had identified five, all small and delicate from his distance. His heart pounded, he could hear the blood hammering in his ears. The need to flee became all consuming, but he did not. Nothing drew predators faster then terror, he knew this quite well, and he gingerly, without revealing his knowledge, he headed towards the far end of the alley..

Havok managed five more steps before a sounds at the alley’s entrance caused him to come to a halt. Three men blocked the way, every one swarthy and bearded. Easterners. Havok took a careful back step. Then, the scrape of fabric against stone sheeted through the alleyway behind him.. He turned halfway already thumbing for his small blaster, reluctantly taking his eyes from the danger to assess more at the opposite end. There, three more large men stood between him, and escape..

Havok’s thoughts raced but not quickly enough. The men marched toward him from both directions. Shadows draped their faces, hiding expression, but their stances conveyed the gloating triumph they now had a right to feel. They had him trapped, or so they thought. With a look of wickedness, he measured the alleyway, his vision hawk-acute

And heightened by the impending danger. Scaling the walls, even if he could do it fast enough, would more then likely throw him in the hands of those stationed above. He would rather take the chance with those who were enclosing around him on the ground. The old enemies of his drew nearer. Moonlight reveled identical smirks of pleasure. They would revel in his slaughter, and he would not die quickly..

Havok gauged location and distance, keeping his gaze apparently focused on the walls. He had not revealed his knowledge of those stationed above. Therefore, they figured he would expect him to climb. He could not stop his mind from pondering where and how they had gotten others to assist them. The beings he had glimpsed on the building roofs did not carry the bulk of grown men from his estimation..

“What is it you want from me?” He shouted with a villainous smirk, hoping to alert any patrols that may have been in the vicinity.. One of the men growled softly. “we want your life, and we will have it.” The circle tightened, all movement deliberate and unhurried. Many sounds touched Havok’s ears, amplified by anger. He gritted his teeth, bathed in a sweat cold to the touch. “If you only knew” he chuckled, knowing these men knew little of his recent history, and that they were in for more then they’d hoped. The men progressed on him, apparently, orchestrated every detail. There thoroughness shocked him. He had not believed them competent enough to delegate or coordinate so slyly, without him knowing entirely.

One of the men made a sudden grab for Havok. Havok swiveled and put the blaster to his chest at point blank range, being a quite fatal move on that mans part as his body flung back, smoke rising from his instantaneously dead carcass. He was forced forward, and slammed his head into a thick clear glass window, losing grip of his blaster, he was then pummeled from behind by many blunt objects, as his mind shattered momentarily into pain and agony, as it crept down his neck, he was stunned for a spell, and collapsed..

Rough hands dragged him from his place, and back into he alley, stone tore his clothing. Dizzily he raised his hands to protect his eyes, and a boot toe slammed against his ear. Pain flashed through his head in a white explosion. He scrambled desperately for ground, his vision lost for a moment as his mind worked sluggishly. More boots crashed into his sides, and abdomen. His ears rang, the sound a deafening agony, as he rolled, whipping his dagger out of concealment he struck out, seeking blood. His knife met resistance, but then came free, and warm blood splashed his hand. Someone cursed… A heel impacted his back, only further enraging him, as another struck his nose. he felt a ribbon of blood trickle from his nose. As that was his breaking point, and that these feelers had messed with the wrong person on this dark and dismal night. In a flash his saber lit up, the men completely startled by this were not able to defend its unmerciful blade, as limbs were taken from every man that had placed one on him, heads disemboweled from their origins. A gory mess of bodies lay motionless in the alley…

After much scuffle and fancy sword play, Havok was the soul remaining left standing, as screams of pain and anguish echoed through the alleyways, and empty streets.. He knew this party of men, was sent for a reason, as to explain the large numbers they harbored.. The thought of the ones still present on the roof, heeded him to get on his way quickly.. Disengaging his saber, and retrieving his blaster, he moving head fast thought the shadows, this action surly to draw even more attention as he had for surely missed the meeting with his contact by now.. And headed in the intended direction of his rendezvous…

Dara Shadowtide
Sep 6th, 2000, 04:14:09 AM
:: Dara watches Lord Havok as he walks down the ramp. He strides confidently toward a path which will lead him on his way to his mission. As Havok's figure fades from view, his commander raises the ramp and sets the forcefield. An iridescent glow surrounds the ship momentarily and then it dissipates signaling that the energy shield is in place and fully operational. Coruscant, although a thriving metropolis, also has some undesirable inhabitants and all precautions must be taken. She is concerned about Lord Havok's travelling alone, but it was not her place to say anything. She must now focus on last minute details of their next destination, Mandalore. Dara nods to the guard on duty and returns to her quarters to send a preliminary transmission to Nivek Felth ::

<I am not exactly sure how long Lord Havok's mission will take so I should probably convey that to Nivek. It's not like Nivek is going to be without something to do while we are en route. This is the height of the production of his planet's precious iron, and I am sure he has many customer orders to keep him occupied.>

:: Dara opens a communication line to send an encrypted hologram message to Nivek Felth. She steps into view and records the following message::

Greetings Nivek Felth. It has been some time since our father's did business together, and now I shall be meeting with you regarding several purchases by Lord Havok. I will be negotiating a price for the items he wishes to order. We are currently detained on a side mission but will be back en route to visit you shortly. I will send another transmission when we are on our way. I look forward to doing business with you again Nivek.

:: Dara smiles at the end of the transmission and knows Nivek will not be pleased to see her. Not that they don't get along, that's not it. Moreso it has to do with the fact that she is a shrewd businesswoman and Nivek will not get near as high of a profit margin with her assisting Lord Havok. Dara chuckles again as she goes over the list of supplies for the trip to Mandalore, keeping busy to pass the time while Lord Havok is away on his mission on the planet ::

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 12th, 2000, 01:32:10 AM
The man walked through the dark streets, his clothing dark to keep himself concealed, his movements deliberate as not to draw unnecessary attention to himself, his boots making a measured click on the cobblestones of this road. He glanced at the shos that were all covered for the night, looking around in the loneliness of the street, searching for the right road in this unfamiliar and dark place. A gloved hand, glinting in what light there was came out and the figure paused, scratching his head in puzzlement. He could have sworn the directions he had got form the professional greeter at the spaceport were followed to the letter… and yet here he was, in some sort of dark alley, not at the building he had requested. Even the holoreader map he had been given by the greeter said he was in the right place, but evidently it wasn’t.

Puzzled, the man turned around, scoping out his surroundings, his senses trying to gain all the information they could about the situation he now found himself in. A rich man he was, he had not really done anything to conceal his wealth when he had arrived, believeing this place to be safe from criminals like he was promised. A small clunk behind him and he realised there was someone behind him. He turned and as he did, another sound from in front made in realise he had walked into a trap, no doubt set up by the greeter, primed to get rich tourists like he was. With some concern, he looked as the gang walked into view, 5, 10 , 15, 20 of them. Most armed with blasters, some with clubs. 5 behind, 7 in front and the rest coming from the covered shops.

He decided this wasn’t a good situation he was in. Not bad, but not good.

“Stop there. Hands up!” one of the entrappers called out, motioning his weapon, a Blastech DL-44, to emphasis the point.

He began to comply. “Wha… what are you doing? What do you want?”

“Your worth a lot of money to us” sneered another, off to the side.

“But…. There is no bounty on me… I am but a simple business man! What do you want with me?” The note of pleading was exactly right and he was secretly rather proud of it. He didn’t really want this trouble and if he could find a way out…

“We want yer money stupid” the second assailant spoke again

“Oh, well in that case, I have 5,000 credits in my pocket. Can I go about my business if I hand them over?”

“Naw… we gunna hold you fer ransom. We want 100,000!”

Under his breath, the man swore. It was not often the alias he travelled under would cause a problem and this was exactly the situation he wished to avoid. A confrontation with the underworld of this planet would only tip off the reason why he had came to this place.

“I warn you, I have friends in high places. I would not do this”

“Well we are. Git him boys!”

With a sudden bang, a large pot fell on the closest gangster, knocking that person clean out. The others paused in surprise.

“I warned you I had friends up high. Now move aside please.”

The gang seemed a bit uncertain, no doubt scanning the roofs for any one else who may be in fact helping their quarry out in some unseen manner. Their courage seemed to comme back as they saw no-one else about.

“Quit stalling. That was a freak accident, there is no one else about. Now are you coming quietly, or do we do this the hard way?”

He sighed. He hated blowing his cover as a soft business man, but there was no real choice. A His hand didn’t move, but an object leapt to his hand and from it, a blue beam f light issued out. The suddenly revealed Jedi smashed a back hook kick into the closest thug, swinging around he settled into a battle stance, face now revealed from inside his hood.

“I am the Jedi Master TURBOGEEK and you PISSING me off!”

The leader of the gang breathed in sharply, he obviously heard the name before…Some of the others hadn’t or had never faced a Jedi, opening fire with blasters. Almost as fast, they died by their own blaster fire, as the sabre reflected the energy bolts straight back at their source. In a blink, five lay dead, 4 wounded, otwo had broken faces from massive kicks and one was groaning with a slight crutch pain. The other hoods surrendered as the local police force turned up, alerted by the secret comm. link the Jedi had carried to call for back up. Somewhat disgusted, he marched over to a young officer.

“Clean this refuse up” he ordered.

He ignored all other words directed at him, except to ask for directions to where he was supposed to go. The Jedi quickly left the scence of the abortive ambush, then went back into the shadows, moving with inhuman quiet and speed to his destination… to capture a criminal that New Republic forces believed was here for meeting of some sort.

Darth Havok
Sep 15th, 2000, 12:48:49 AM
As he moves stealthily away from the scuffle, the figures on the roof spot him, and raise their blasters unloading with a steady repetitive fire. Havok sense a shot about to strike him, and alters course slightly, the blast cascading off the cobble stone alleyway, and ricocheting up and into a nearby closed stand.

A fire orchestrates from this, and spreads rapidly, engulfing the entire stand in a matter of moments. Smoke bellows off the stand giving havok the cover to elude his escape, as he fades from sight in the clouds of smoke.

~ Prior to all this ~

:: A meeting is held between some new republic council members..::

:: A lady addresses a few of the most trusted, and respected council members..::

"We have a traitor in out midst, with all these secret convoys that we can't afford having superior escorts for, being pirated and pilfered. It is more then obvious that someone within us is leaking information to our enemies."

::An older fellow speaks up..::

"I agree, but who, and why? Is this person being paid off, or has it been a setup from the start? These are questions to which we have no answers. This deeply troubles me, as I know it troubles all of us. We must investigate this further, and find out whom, how, and why this is taking place?

"I agree…" she replies… and the other entire group of members nod and agree as well….

~ Back to the present ~

The guards moved about in front of the main compound, with uncertainty, as the commander sent out some patrols to make sure there were no more ruffians about on this twilight night. A figure exits the building and moves down a flight of steel steps, briskly, to the ground below. He passes by a patrol, in a relaxed manor, practically unnoticed and makes his way down towards the north side of town. He enters a dark alley and makes his way through the icky blackness of the night.

Passageways, alleyways, and dark streets, he passed by, the quiet making him uncomfortable, as he clinched the Data pad in his coat, and continued on.. At last he neared the sector the meeting was to take place. He descended down a dark stair well, arriving at the door to a private room. He reached for the handle entering the key. And he felt something on the knob, he rose his hand to see a small amount of blood smeared on his hand, a worried look cast across his face, as he curled an eyebrow. He wiped the handle with his shirt, and entered through the door. Just as he closed it. Suddenly, a firm hand grips his collar, and yanked him around, pressing him firmly to the door, and raising him off his feet..

"Havok" he said with a cautious tone in his voice..

Havoks breath was heavy, as beads of sweat glittering on his brow. His penetrating gaze almost burning through the man as his legs dangled above the floor.

"What is this about?" mumbling, managing to get a few words out, as his neck was contorted in a discomforting position….

At last the lord says. "Seems I was set up old chap, I was attacked by a band of easterners, along with a few others I didn't recognize out for my head, :: grinding him into the wall further..:: "and none should've known of my presence here."

The man struggled a bit to speak. "And you suspect I told them of your being here? I don't think so, they'd have my head just as quick as your if not faster for what I've been doing for you." he conveys to him clearly...

"True, true.. :: releasing his hold slightly..:: "But still.. You knew nothing of this?"

"No.." he replies swiftly..

"Well….:: letting the man to his feet, and releasing his grip..:: "I suppose we should get to business, so I can get out of this hostile city.."

"Indeed…" The man replies, straightening his collar, and actually getting a decent breath of air. Reaching into his jacket and producing the lord with a Data pad of all the upcoming goods that were being transferred, and exported from the planet. "This should bring a smile to your face Havok" he says still wiping the smeared blood from his hands on a handkerchief….

Havok's eyes perk up.. "Indeed, fine work, as always." A satisfying grin appears on his face, as he reads the data thoroughly taking into memory most of the upcoming events planned.. Putting it into a pouch within his cloak, he rises his head back to the man… "Well, I'd best be on my way"

"I understand.. I should be getting back as well" he said, as he places his hanky back in his jacket, and heads towards the door….

"You first" The sith says…. "I will hold back for a few moments, as to not raise any suspicions of this meeting of ours.. You will be handsomely rewarded for your doings, as always… "

"Good, you have the items I requested?" the man asks in a concerned manor..

"Of course, old boy, they will be delivered shortly in the same fashion as before.." The lord says, as he puts his hood over his head.. "Now carry on, I really must be on my way.."

The man leaves the room, back up the stairs and back on his course to the main instillation. After a short time passes Havok emerges from the room, entering the dark alleyway. Only the sound of insects chirping in the distance, as he looks discreetly in both directions, his gaze cutting through the darkness, as his eyes adjust to the blackness. His ears heed for the slightest of movement as he proceeds into the thick shadows of the night making his way back towards his shuttle…

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 24th, 2000, 06:52:52 AM
:: Nothing on this damn mission was working out right he thought, moving away from the disturbance the stupid lowlife criminals caused for themselves.

Covered by the gloom of the aleeys, the Jedi merges back into the shadows, no longer going for a disguise but now using every bit of his skill and Force ability to move unseen, tthe black cloak hiding his form and the Force turning away prying eyes if they strayed too close.

Undetected, he crouched near a garbage pile at the place the local police had told him his quarry could be found. Not happy with the sabaac cards he had been dealt and regreting the chance to try and catch this crim in a sting, he just had to go for an arrest and leave the rest for the local justice system. The Jedi were rarely called to simple detain ops, the sting was supposed to be what he was required for.

HE froze. A person was coming.

Well...... it was the man the locals wanted. Walking right by him. Still hidden but now on full alert, he moved to follow.

Perfect. The quarry didnt know he was here and didnt hear or suspect a thing as Turbogeek moved silently, like a shadow to firstly catch and then tap this man on the shoulder. The quarry spun around, not totally surprised. Expecting someone?

"Lord Havo.... gaaaarrrrrkkkk!'

A Blastech DL-44 barrel was pressed none too gently against the crim's throat, cutting off his words.

"Shut up and move agains that wall. Dont try anything funny, I'm not what you think... I'm a lot worse"

He complied, regaining some composure. "You... you what are you? Unhand me!"

"Shut up or else. Your under arrest."

"Arrest? What type of joke is this? I'm an upstanding citizen!"

"Your under arrest under warrant number 13-221."

A wince, only a Jedi could catch wrinkled his face. He regained composure, but it was enough for Turbogeek.

"Well, I'm sure this mis-understanding could be sorted out" Fast thinker thought the Jedi "and say a bit of compensation on your behalf? I'm sure a law officer like you could come to an agreement mutually benefitting?"

Predictible. Bribing a officer was precisely what he could have expected.

"Listen up as I'm in a foul mood and I dont have time fo this. I am Jedi Master Turbogeek if that means anything to you and I dont like people like you. No either you shut up and come quietly or else" Blunt and flat. The Jedi could read this one' emotion, the fear, but there was hope of resuce....

Resuce? From a Jedi Master? Who would be foolish enough to think they could summon help to stop a Jedi, let alone a Master? A bit puzzled, he suddenly remembered the name the perp was about to say .... Lord Havo. Lord Havok? Darth Havok? A Sith Lord, was this the "resuce" this one expected?

"Your in a long way over your head if you think a Sith is concerned about you mate". A subtle shift in mood form the other said that was precisely what he expected.

A small sound came to the Jedi Master's ears. A footstep. And a sense of a disturbance in the Force....

A brutal punch knocked the criminal out and Turbogeek sent the siganl for his backup. He knew the locals would not be here in time and couldnt stop a Sith anyway, but at least they would get this law breaker. Moving into the shadows, he dragged the crim and put him under a trance, making sure the other stayed out. Quickly stripping off his outer cloak and clothes, to reveal midnight black battle armour and cape. He kneeled until he was certain the suspected Stih was coming in this direction staying hidden until he got confirmation via the Force a Sith was indeed coming. The darkness surrounding this Sith was obvious. He waited until the Sith came into view.

Darth Havok stopped. Something was wrong and there was a powerful presence here. Cautious, his hand strayed to his sabre.....

A black clad figure, difficult to see in the murk stepped out of the shadows walking deliberatly into the centre of hte alley, turning to face Havok. One hand was poised over an object at his hip, the scence oddly like a gunslinger at high noon.

The Jedi stared at the Sith, then deliberatly unhooked a sabre and lit it, the blue blade lighting the area up.

"I am Turbogeek. Identify yourself!"

Darth Havok
Sep 25th, 2000, 02:48:53 AM
Lord Havok gave no answer...

Clever talk could only steal concentration and vigor better spent in battle. He took a deep breath and thumbed at the hilt of his double bladed pale yellow saber, watching, waiting, wondering…..

He had heard that name many times before… Turbogeek… His words ran like a current through his mind, knowing he would have to be in complete connection with the darkness within, to even expect to get out of this situation alive.

His hideous and vile thoughts entangled in one another, as a pure darkness emanates from his very being. Clouds streamed across the sky, as the wind began to pick up, a tingling wind chime can be heard in the distance.. Clanging its harmonious tone, as his methodical gaze never moves from the legendary Jedi…

Suddenly, a chilling breeze derives from the quick movements of swarming clouds, a lingering mist begins to form at the edge of a distant mountain crest, just outside the city. The mist thickens and spreads, rolling over some distant hills, and seeping though thick tree lines, it emerges in between building its dreary haze blocking the moonlight, as shadows on the ground become few. It lingers over hilltops, and encompasses the tops of building, as it seems to be heading towards their possession at and alarming rate. It hovers above, and encircles them.

The icky blackness within slowly creeping out, and almost calling forth the horrid darkness that resides within. Turbogeek feels the light breeze gain momentum, his saber humming as the wind moves past his ignited blade, the wind turns and begins to rotate around him, almost haunting him, in a slow yet graceful fashion.

The winds gain velocity and swirls suddenly causing the thick mass of fog and mist to move upwards. In the sky, all light is blocked, as dark heavy storm clouds form and the ferocious winds turn again, rotating wickedly at immeasurable speeds as the fog and mist begin to lift. A tremendous rumbling passes through the lingering air from above within the dark clouds, the violent torrential winds spin, and thicken. The turbulent clouds bellow upwards, as the Jedi struggles to maintain his footing, and he is nearly caught up in the eye of the storm.

Suddenly, blinding flashes of light streak through the hanging clouds. Followed by incredible rumblings, after they echo across the distant valleys, several thunderbolts streak through the sky, bursting through the clouds and striking the ground about the Jedi, throwing huge mounds of soil and displaced earth into the whirling tornado.

The crackling sounds, almost deafening from the thunderous explosions followed immediately after each bolt when one abruptly struck one of the outlining buildings of the dark alley. A huge raging fire proceeds igniting from the roof, as the smoke rolls up into the sky, adding to the already frenzied storm clouds..

Instantaneously, a tornado erupts from the raving mass of clouds, its roaring winds scatter objects all through the streets of the city, a stand rolls across an intersection behind Turbogeek, whose footing is finally jarred, as he losses his feet and is drawn towards the intense swirling winds. He is flung around violently, while constantly trying to keep his poise and remain in a complete state of calm.

In a matter of moments the roof is completely incinerated by the unmerciful flames, fragments of the structure flail all about the outlining streets, striking the sides of buildings with brute force, as the wind sends them on unpredictable course of utter destruction..

The storm takes him in, and swirls him around. He steadies himself as best he can with the all-powerful light. After a short time, he reaches the pinnacle of the storm, and is hurled out with incredible force, high into the air, he plummets to the ground with a devastating crash, right into the side of the building that is under duress.. The heat from the flames roaring in hellish fury, as they work their way down the building floor by floor. The merciless embers leaving little that isn’t completely devoured by its unforgiving flame..

Havok unclips his saber, his cloak curling and swaying from the immense winds, as he ignites one end and hovers it close to the ground.. His eyes and thoughts remain on the Jedi, trying to anticipate his next move, as he steps forward steadily…

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 28th, 2000, 04:34:45 AM
:: The Sith takes a step back as a glowing figure comes out of the flames, the Jedi's Force Shield making him seem unearthly. Keeping pace with the Jedi was a spinning vortex, already begiing to grow as the Jedi moved concentration from the shield to the whirlwind, picking up debris and flaming pieces at it grew in size and power, as the Jedi went deeper into the Force to control the molecules, to push on the air, to direct and to control.

The whirlwind towered above the Jedi as he made a hand motion, really beginning to press the Force into what he was doing. Then, with a final huge effort in the Force and calling into his full power of Forece Weather Control and with a pointed finger, the whirlwind expanded into a full blown tornado, directed at the Sith. Bricks, woods, debris was sucked into the twister as it too picked up the Sith, the dust borne in the twister hiding the Dark Master, the scream of the wind drowning out all sound....::

OOC. Usually, the debris would pound the @#%$ out of anyone trapped inside and dump them in a pathetic heap, but I think a Sith Dark Lord could work out a way to escape serious injury while this thing lasts....

Darth Havok
Sep 29th, 2000, 08:39:23 PM
An apparition resembling his own accumulated in the sky. Tense muttering sank to a dreary silence amid the folds of the all mighty Darkside, as the Sith Lord seemed to be reaching a new state of consciousness with it. The shifting of feet some distance away, as a few guards move in heed to take into custody the man responsible for the leakage of restricted information. In response, a mood for blood swelled from within him, gaining force as it deepened and grew. Threats gleamed in the sweat of his brow. Havoks dreams of punishments stared from his cold, evil, wide hazel eyes…

His body quakes, and vibrates in the disruptive winds, as the energy fluctuates through him and catches him a bit by surprise.. Being struck with several blunt objects simultaneously, hardly even able to defend from the constant flow of debris, the pain would be overbearing for one who is not so corrupted by darkness.. The pain, he craves, only feeding his strength, though tormenting his body, just a price to pay for such wondrous unfathomable power..

In frustration, he fretted like a steed at once reined and goaded, driven ahead and restrained; tormented by straining conflicts from within himself. And the ever growing conflict for that he faces at this moment, he knows he must act before he torn apart or flung to his death from this chaotic whirlwind..

Lighting cleaved the sky in a spreading zigzag as if the world of the gods were crackling like and eggshell. The Sith bellow’s in triumph, soundless at first, but after a moment the cry echo’s over even the pounding and rattle of unearthly wind, sending projectiles crashing against buildings. It writhed, coil looping over coil, stirring clouds and wind into a tempest, just above the tornado that shattered many windows, and the buildings and structures shaking ferociously in the area from its powerful magnitude of pure raw unadulterated power. The distant men heading towards the business side of town that were usually abandoned at this time of night, lost their footing immediately, and fell, there bodies shaken, deeply effected by their nearness, for which could be a turning of the tides of taking the accused into possession.

The Jedi looks on with a keen eye, and curiosity, as his tornado more or less is sapped of its projectiles sending them in all directions, and the winds not so furious, diminishing, as Lord Havok flails still. But gains control after a few moments, and land’s a distance away from the Jedi Master, and staggers about his feet controlling his landing to the best of his ability, contorting his body as he plummets to the ground, and gains his feet, saber in hand… The Sith panting, mouth wide, nostrils flaring, chest rising and falling in rapid, massive waves of heaving anger, and hate.

Trained to hide weaknesses, or slight injuries. Havok scurried to a crouch. Movement incited a slight pain, and his consciousness a tad exhausted from his tremendous show of power. He fought the telltale wince or gritted teeth, he was in the presence of one of the most legendary Jedi of this time. Any sign of frailty might goad him to attack, without mercy. His head rises up to meet the eyes of Turbogeek, his cloak bearing marks from impacts of objects while he was within fury of one of his most treacherous grasps, the Siths gaze penetrating, as he smiles villainously, and spoke with a suggestive chuckle..

“Quite impressive, though…… I’ve seen better.”(had to)

Ooc- I agree they would be @#%$ up a creek, but its not like I wouldn’t come out without a scratch, now that isn’t very realistic. An of course, a bit exhausted from the exchange of power.. And I didn’t even attack really, give and take I suppose, though it was getting rather long already.. :)
TTT

Dara Shadowtide
Sep 30th, 2000, 11:29:25 PM
:: Dara sits at the desk in her quarters on the shuttle and tediously works on the checklist for their trip to Mandalore. Her thoughts momentarily wander as she hopes Lord Havok’s mission is going well. She finishes the list and places the Data Pad on her satchel. She travels very lightly and has all that she needs in that very satchel. She rises from her desk and stretches, and then walks to the window to take a look at Coruscant. Her eyes catch a movement as she sees armed men approaching the shuttle. Just then the alarm sounds and the voice of the Commander resounds over the communication system ::

Commander Drake: “All troops to the barracks, code red alarm in progress. We are under attack. Prepare to defend at all costs.”

:: Dara runs to the bridge to see how she can help ::

Dara: “I am an experienced pilot and gunner, how can I be of assistance, Commander?”

Commander Drake: “Lady Shadowtide, Lord Havok would personally kill me if you were in any danger. Now please return to your quarters. We will handle this. Your safety is of the utmost importance right now.”

:: Dara furrows her brow and suddenly the shuttle rocks from an explosion. Crew members fall down and Dara hangs onto a console chair to steady her footing. They look outside the window to the bridge to see a massive array of guns and weaponry steadily approaching ::

Commander Drake: “Attack report. How many attackers on us now?”

Lt. Daviess: “I count 75 on foot and 5 assault weapons.”

Commander Drake: “We are outnumbered by 25. Status report ASAP on the shields. I need to know how much time we have.”

Lt. Breander: “Shields holding at 75% and dropping Commander. We can’t take a lot more of those large blasts.”

Commander Drake: “Alright. Ready the cannons and open fire on my mark and ready the ground troops to be deployed.”

:: Dara just hates standing there useless so she looks around for something to do. She remembers seeing a ladder down the main hallway and goes to see if it leads to a remote gun mounted on the top of the shuttle. She makes her way through the chaos of the bridge and goes unnoticed to the ladder and climbs up it. The area has long been abandoned and she figures the current crew may not even know of its existence.

Dara slips into the gunner’s seat and readies the controls. All systems read normal and come online with little effort. She scans the area for close targets and sees that the intruders on the back side of the shuttle remain unscathed. She locks on and opens fire. They don’t even see it coming and Dara is able to mow down 15 attackers. Suddenly her comms light flashes and she flips it on ::

Dara: “Dara here. Over.”

Commander Drake: “My goodness woman, what are you doing?”

Dara: “Well Commander, it appears I am assisting in the battle since I just eliminated 15 of them. I will not stand by and do nothing.”

Commander Drake: “Get out of there right now before you get hurt, that’s an order!”

:: Dara flips off the switch as she is not under his command any way. She spins the guns and fires randomly. She sees 5 more attackers drop and then hears a high pitched whining noise. Warning lights flash from the radar as the enemy has sent a retaliation to her attack as a blast is headed straight for the gun. Dara jumps out of the gunner’s seat and grabs the sides of the railing to the ladder, sliding down fast and rolling away to the side as she slams to the floor. The blast sends parts of the chair and control console down the ladder but Dara was able to get a safe distance away. Her hands burn from descending the ladder so rapidly but at least she made it in time. She dusts herself off and gets to her feet as she hears the Commander’s voice again over the ship’s communication system ::

Commander Drake: “All troops prepare to deploy to the surface. Take out all attackers and show no mercy. We will go on my signal. Stand by.”

:: Dara knows she has to get off the shuttle. It’s just not safe there any more. She runs to her quarters puts on her dark navy cloak, and grabs her satchel and prepares to slip outside when the troops are deployed. She hears the Commander give the signal to attack and the ramp lowers. Troops rush outside to begin their ground melee with the attackers. Blasts and shots fired from blasters cause the scene to be a blur of flashes and dust as it becomes hard to see. Men scream as their flesh burns from the hits and they drop to the ground. Bodies are scattered everywhere. Dara waits at the top of the ramp and then feels a hand on her shoulder. She turns to look into the Commander’s eyes which are soft and caring now, and reflect a sense of defeat at hand ::

Commander Drake: “I am going to personally escort you to safety, my Lady. Lord Havok would have it no other way. Let’s wait for an opportunity and then I want you to stay close to me. We are going to run for the woods over there on my mark.”

:: Dara nods and sees the destination. She turns to him ::

Dara: “Thank you Commander. You did your best, Lord Havok will not be disappointed with your efforts and the efforts of the crew.”

:: The Commander sees an opening and gives the signal. He and Dara run fast and hard toward the woods. He covers their path with blaster fire and watches all around them. Just as they are almost to the woods, Drake cries out in pain and drops to the ground. Dara turns to see him get hit and runs to his side. She puts his arm over her shoulder and helps him to the woods ::

Commander Drake: “Here take this communicator. The only other one belongs to Lord Havok. You can contact him once you get close to the city. Go now, you don’t have much time. You have to go now.”

Dara: “No, I can’t just leave you, it’s not right.”

Commander Drake: “Leave me, save yourself... I will see you again, my dear, now GO!"

:: Dara nods to Drake, places the communicator in her satchel and then begins to make her way through the woods toward the path that Lord Havok took to the city. She hears a large explosion and looks back to see the shuttle blow up. Pieces of the ship fly everywhere as nothing is left of Lord Havok’s personal shuttle. Using the woods for cover, her footsteps quicken toward the city in the urgency of finding Lord Havok ::

~Edit - TTT~

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 6th, 2000, 06:24:54 AM
The last dregs of the tornado drifted away, the last pieces of wood fluttered to the ground. The Jedi breathed heavily, the effort in the Force to control weather was incredible, only available to those who truly knew what the Force could do and to command it. In some ways that he had moved wrongly against Havok, the huge effort to control the air was not something that he should have done, not at the beginning of what looked like a long battle. He should conserve his strength, assess and view Havok, determine his strengths and weaknesses, then when the time was right and he had adjusted to his opponent, or better forced his opponent to adjust to him, strike hard then when it was most effective, preferably to end a fight. Not to begin one. What was he thinking?

Even Jedi Master’s made mistakes, it was those who could correct them that were the ones that lived to fight again. Time to correct that one. He called on the Force to refresh him to give him strength, knowledge, wisdom. He unclipped one of his sabres, the one he had named Athona, the Lightbringer, the archaic sabre he was now in possession of. The handle, a cross between a type of sword called Wallace Claymore and a lightsabre was glowing as it did when the presence of a Dark Sider was near. Slowly the Jedi advanced, always keeping his eyes on Havok always, watching his opponent by the Force. He began to circle, seeing only what Jedi could see, sensing only what a Jedi could.

He’s hurt… he’s trying to hide it.

Somehow that made Turbogeek all the more wary. He had seen what happened when a Sith got hurt, they got angry. Anger fuelled the fires of the Dark Side. Pain they revelled in, even their own. To weaken a Sith meant to tire them out, to catch them unawares, to use their anger and hate against them, getting them to make rash moves. It was a problem for a Jedi to overcome, the natural way for a Sith was easy, for a Jedi to achieve the control took patience, took calmness. It was not easy but for a Jedi like Turbogeek, long practice had made it easier and faster. The Force was his ally in all the sense and meanings of the word.

His movements are inhibited, he’s not moving as freely as he wants.

The Jedi struck fast and hard, reversing the handle of the sabre and lashing out, seeking to hit Havok in the temple. The sith moved sideways and slightly down in avoidance. The Jedi reacted instantly, twisting on the ball of his foot, bringing a leg up and hitting Havok with a beautifully timed roundhouse kick to the cheek. The Sith staggered backwards before recovering. The Jedi didn’t let up, coming at Havok in a flurry of blows, still not bothering yet to ignite his sabre. A hit onto Havok’s body and the Sith winced, the Jedi knew he had hit an injury. Again, Turbogeek attacked, deliberately targeting the injury. The Sith realised what was going on and managed to backflip out of the way, while the Jedi lost his footing on some rubble and fell. Getting up quickly, he too saw Havok was ready as well and this time with sabre lit. The Jedi noted something, then leaped high, the Sith crouching in readiness, waiting for the Jedi to land and attack. In fact, the Jedi landed short, but straight onto a piece of pipe lying on the ground, one end in the air about two feet, the other on the ground right between Havok’s feet. Right at the point of landing he Jedi also used the Force to impart more energy to the pipe.

The pipe seesawed, DT’s end down and Havok’s end up, crashing into the Sith’s groin and sending him into the air. The Jedi added a bit of a Force push, Havok sailing over broken wall…..

He landed with a crash on his back, the Force softening the blow, but enough to vibrate the floorboards. Already unstable, a wall drooped and the crockery on the shelf that had not already fallen tumbled down, crashing on top of a spluttering Havok.

This was becoming a comedy! He thought.

He sat up groaning and a fridge, wall mounted normally but now rather precarious broke it’s mountings and crashed on top of him.

Outside, the Jedi was cursing. The pipe had broken and one end flew up, hitting his face and breaking his nose. His nose continued to bleed as he wiped some of the blood away and lost his footing again on a loose brick. He got up, muttering something about a comedy routine and began to search for where Havok had landed.

Darth Havok
Oct 22nd, 2000, 02:08:35 PM
The floor battering his body, as he slid into a back wall, and objects tumbled from it more annoying then effective, as he let out a light hack as he sat up, the dust lingering in the room from the displacement and force of his entry through a weakened wall. A sharp pain stung up his back, as the floorboards shook with the force of his weight. He struggled with his eyesight just as the hiss of the fridge giving way its inevitable decent. Pushing himself up with his feet, balanced by thrusting his arms behind him, he scooted back in a quick crab like manor. He had sense enough to allow his instincts to take over; moving with the very thought of that behemoth of a appliance, crushing his body beneath it. His agility was enough to evade the massive fridge.

He rolled, blinking and clawing at his eyes to clear his vision. As he righted, it returned to him in a blurred and distorted form.

In his time he had surly fought many Jedi. Their tricks and swift maneuvers would seldom catch him off guard. This bout here, would for surely prove the greatest battle of his existence, his first, and maybe final opportunity to fight Turbogeek. If he survived he accomplished a worthy feat; and if he died he would do so with honor…

Despite the opaque air, filled with dust and grit, it was possible to see that the roaring fire sputtering; lighting up the dark and desolate streets, despite the cooling effects of the wind. It illuminated the dust in rays of light and enabled Havok to get a better view of his foe through the cracks of the battered walls of the structure. The loud crash of the fridge giving his position away, as DT moved slowly towards the entry point of the building. A few muffled screams rang out through the city streets, as the fire alarm began to ring out, echoing through the city, awakening those who had already not been. Some scattered pedestrians gathered a short distance from the building, drawn to the fire that was continually engulfing level after level of the building..

Dashing though the first accessible door, and barreling his way to an upper story; his groin was only in pain enough to further his blood lust. The hanging smoke had made its way to the lower levels, as havok covered his mouth with one hand, and scanned the area, he found an unpaned window, jerked the bolt, and slapped open the shutters. Moonlight funneled through the opening, reflecting off a small pond that lies in the rear of the building. He looked down and then returned to the stairwell, and made his way back towards the room in which he had been flung into, he swung open the latch of the door, and entered with saber in hand.

Havok could see the glow of Athona as he entered, and reflexively rose his blade. Their eyes meet, he glances up to see the moonlight through a broken stain glass window, and has the sense of fire rushing through his body. He sees the Jedi a short distance away, and moves quickly to meet him. They clash together, both swinging their sabers at an amazing tempo, each strike complimented with deafening perry. Creating a spectacular shower of sparks. Havok back steps rapidly and attacks with a forward-handspring, putting some body weight behind his attack, he fends DT’s saber to the left, and as he comes to his feet, he plants a divesting elbow to the jaw of the Jedi Master. Somewhat dislocating it; followed with a backfist to his nose, making a cringing sound when impacted.

As a trickle of blood comes from DT’s nose, as he brings his saber over to block with the grace and experience of a more then seasoned dueler. Havok then adjusts his saber up and over in a wide forceful arc to his right to slice at the Jedi’s left shoulder. He perry’s, and moves his saber across the front of his body as their sabers hit hard with a ferocious impact.

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 23rd, 2000, 08:10:06 AM
:: Thinking quickly, DT steps back and uses the Force to grab some of the rubble that they are standing on and lift it - hard - into Havok's groin. As the Sith's eyes bulge, another piece of rubble - this time picked up and thrown normally, hit's him in the head. The Jedi uses the slight break he gave himself to shove his jaw back into place, almost keeling over at the rush of pain as the bone pops into pace.

Turning and looking rather second hand, he gets into a defensive posture....::

OOC : Sorry. Didnt feel like writing War and Peace agan

Darth Havok
Dec 13th, 2000, 01:29:36 PM
Is tossed about over a counter top by the blow to the head; cookery clattering about as the Dark Lord slides across and over the counter top, landing with a skid on the floor below. He grunts as his body comes to a halt and heaves in several breaths before making his way to his feet. Havok brings the lit end of his saber up and through the table in which separated the two combatants.

Just then, a scream is heard from a above.. The janitor’s child trapped on an upper floor, yelling with all that she had for help from a window, as the inferno of flames continue to descend down the building. Her father hears her screams and calls back out to her….

“Ellisa….” He screams, and then turns to a bystander near him..

“The fire should reach the furnace at anytime..” the man says…. “And with no signs of the crew to put out this fire anytime soon…. Something should be done, we cannot leave that mans daughter up there to die, can we?” he adds..

Another voice calls out “what do you suggest? Going up there yourself?” They all look up at the frenzied upper levels of the building in awe and shake their heads in fear of their own lives.. The father drops to his knees and tears begin to stream from his face..

Meanwhile, the battle on the first floor raged on. The two opponents nearly fighting to a standstill, but neither showing any signs of weakness and or fatigue….

TTT...

Darth Turbogeek
Jan 8th, 2001, 05:33:59 AM
It first came to him as a small sound

“..elp!”

He didn’t pay attention to it as there was a Sith battling him. One slip in concentration could have been fatal. Havok’s blade moved in the wrong direction and the Jedi used the opportunity to execute a snap kick to the jaw, sending the the Sith backwards over the table and sliding to crash into the wall. The Jedi took in a deep breath, allowing the Force to begin to refresh him as he leaped onto the table, aiming to jump off and really give this Sith some thing to think about.

“Help! Please someone help! She’s trapped!”

It had been fortuitous the cry had been made just when the noise of the fight between the Force wielders had ebbed for a brief time. It froze the Jedi in place. Someone was in trouble? A small scrape drew the Jedi’s attention back to the fight and he jumped off the table, just as Havok’s sabre smote it into two pieces. Quite clearly, screams could be heard and yells from outside. Something about a furnace? The Jedi landed, now split about what to do next, Havok’s taking full advantage of the distraction.

“What are you going to …. Do jedi? Run…. Away… and… save. Them… or allow.. them to… die?” The Sith sudden sneer was clear as he attacked, speaking inbetween sabre blows. The Jedi blocked and parried. What was he to do? Jedi were the defenders of the innocent, so to allow someone to die was unthinkable.

It was also unthinkable to allow a Sith to walk away. He backed slowly away, trying to give himself enough room to make an escape, the Sith taking full advantage on the Jedi. Out of the room they moved, leaving the kitchen alone to smoke in the remains of the battle. A small cry and louder ones could be heard as the citizens desperately tried to think of a solution to their problem. A buzzing snap and a roar of surprise.

Havok reappeared I the room, back-pedalling for all he was worth as the Jedi attacked with a savagery that almost defied belief, especially for a Jedi. Swinging blows that forced Havok to use all his skill to defend, the Jedi backed him into a wall. A blow to the head was ducked, A slash to the knees was jumped.

And the Sith kept on flying as Turbogeek, his eyes filled with a battle frenzy snapped out a palm strike, which fell a good metre short – but it was a focus for the Force that the Jedi now used, to strike out and hit the Sith bodily with the Force, thrusting him backwards and smashing through one of the already weakened walls. I n a spray of brickwork, Darth Havok travelled a good 10 meters further and hit the ground as a hail of brickwork smashed into his body. The Jedi ran through the hole, jumping clear as the kitchen ceiling finally collapsed, the wall with it.

Havok had barely time to get to his feet before the Jedi at him again. He aimed a strike at the handle of the odd sabre the Jedi carried, forcing the Jedi to either let go of the sabre or loose fingers. Havok almost thought he had the Jedi now, his sabre continuing on to cut the Jedi’s sabre in half..

And quite neatly going out as the blade met the cortoros coat Turbogeek’s sabre, The Athona had. The Jedi obviously was ready, he might not have had a weapon (having let go of it), but he nevertheless stepped forward, one hand grasping Havok’s wrist, stepped round and the other hand striking out, smacking into the nerve ending of the elbow. He pressed them hard, twisting the Sith around, forcing him to drop his sabre and also spinning Havok around. Sliding the hand that was on the elbow down on the back of Havok’s shoulder, the Jedi used the Force to a small degree, used the hand on the shoulder as a lever point and jerked the other hand across.

A loud snap was heard as the Sith’s shoulder came out of it’s socket and dislocated.

Behind the fighters, the cries for help got greater as the flames got closer to the furnace.

Arm hanging limply, pain multiplying anger, the Sith twirled to meet the Jedi face on – getting a face full of armoured glove for his trouble. Then again. And again. A hand grappled Havok’s hair, then a knee was dug into the Sith’s stomach. A punch forced him straight, then another knee doubled him up.

Without respite, the Jedi pummelled the Sith, now clearly intent for the kill. More punches and kicks lashed out as Darth Havok could hardly keep on his feet.

A blossoming explosion of yellow knocked both combatants off their feet, with more debris crashing into the bodies of the fighters. With a grunt and a shower of dust, Turbogeek got up first, surveying the new damage as flames licked the area.

He would hate to be the one who footed the repair bill.

The Jedi looked at where the Sith lay, clearly knocked out. Maybe even dead. Probably was dying with the blood loss, especially from the face where the Jedi’s armoured fists had turned into something that looked like pulp. Another blossom of flame exploded upwards as the Jedi called his sabre to his hand, deciding make sure of the job.

Another scream snapped Turbogeek’s head around as it’s sound cut through the noises of flame. Now with the Sith dead or just about, his priorities were a good deal more clear. As a final act of disgust, the Jedi tramped on Havok’s chest as he began to move in the direction of the screams and yells. An ominous crack sounded below the Jedi’s heel, bone breaking right above Darth Havok’s heart. Turbogeek picked up speed, hoping this fight meant that he was not too late to help whoever was in trouble.

--

A figure came out of the smoke that surrounded the battle scence. A mind probed the area, scanning for the one person it was looking for. With a muted gasp, she almost stepped onto a body – the body of the one she was looking for.

--

The flames licked at his feet as he ran for the door, ringed in flames as wooden beams dropped to the ground all around him. In his arms was two young girls, one grabbed from a room a few storeys up and another he had found crying in a hall, where a man had been lying, killed by falling debris. Both children screaming and the flames blasting him with heat, he applied the Force and sped for the exit…

Lower down, the flames finally caught the furnace. The gasses inside expanded and then with a mind-blowing roar, rushed outward in a fireball of destruction. The Jedi was kicked forward by the shockwave, literally walking on air for metres as the wave passed by him. More debris reached out in a cyclone of destruction as the Jedi stumbled and created a Force Shield, the children tucked under his body as a hail of wood circled.

--

The figure picked up the prone Sith and fled as the circle of fire sought it’s heels and the figure was gone

--

“CAPTAIN!!”

The voice was bombastic as the dawn kept brightening the area. The flames were still burning, but the fire crews were as of now dousing the last of the flames. A speeder had come to rest of the disaster area, clearly some sort of city official. The man who had wept in the street for his child had been reunited, and the other child was still in the Jedi’s arms, now wrapped in a blanket and sleeping. There was some questions if that young girl’s parents had been lost, thence making the child a ward of the state. For some reason, the police seemed to think a Jedi was the State right now and it didn’t seem there was much DT could do about it. Well, fair was fair to a degree. The palce had been destroyed as a result of the fight between Turbogeek and Havok. He sighed, tired and needing of medical accommodation himself. This petty official wasn;t helping matyters and the way he browbeat the cops who were standing about.

“WHO IN THE HELL WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MESS!?!” he finally roared.

“Oh will you shut up and leave these guys alone, you two bit data pusher!” snapped the Jedi from his place.

The offical gaped, before recovering. “And who are you?”

“Just shut up and move on”

“Look, I don’t know who you are, but this is MY city! I paid for it! My name is Deveek Hamish and I own this place!”

Deveek Hamish… ahhh. Gangster according to Dagobah files. In pay of Hillba the Hutt.

“Now, tell me who is going to pay for this!” The quivering fat man howled.

“I don’t care you Hutt fawner. Get out of my sight”

Deveek grew angrier, even pulling out a blaster. “NO ONE SPEAKS TO ME LIKE THAT!!! YOU WERE RESPONSIBLE, YOU PAY!!!”

“The Jedi gently got up as not to wake the girl, allowing his cloak to drop away, revealing the battle armour – and also the sabres at his belt. The fat man paused, his small mind registering that something wasn’t right here…

“My name is Darth Turbogeek, and your annoying me. Get out of here before I decide to really get mad”

Like most criminals there days. The name of one of the most powerful Jedi was enough to scare even Sith, thence this toadie went an interesting shade of colour.

“Tu…Turbogeek?” he gasped

“Yes, now get out of here!”

The fat man turned and ran like his pants were on fire. Destroying civilian buildings would have meant the Jedi would have gladly paid for the damage from the funds he could control, but knowing a Hutt hothouse was gone… well, that was maybe some joy to be had.

This had been a bad night, even if it meant Darth Havok could have fallen and even if a Hutt provence was wrecked. The Jedi was sure Havok would have survived somehow….

The girl, about seven squirmed in his arm and continued to sleep.

Dara Shadowtide
Jan 9th, 2001, 03:02:52 AM
:: Dara stealthily made her way along the path, using the dark woods for cover. She had to use a little more caution travelling at night since she was not as familiar with this particular route to town. Dara was skilled in smuggling so this taught her to try not to leave a trail. She varied her footsteps, backtracking and force leaping off the normal expected course when prudent.

She must find Lord Havok soon. Commander Drake was in trouble, not to mention the disintigration of the shuttle. Dara didn't like leaving Drake behind, but the stalwart and confident officer assured her he would be just fine, and for some strange reason, she knew he would be.

It was unusually quiet this evening, not even the night creatures were that active yet. As Dara came upon the soft lights on the edge of the city, she saw dark gray and black clouds of smoke billowing up into the ebony skyline. The muffled shouts of townspeople and the dull ringing of a bell echo throughout the streets as Dara came upon the city limits.

She makes her way along the various buildings and shops in the marketplace, moving steadily toward the source of the sound until she looks upon the building engulfed in flames. Dara positions herself in the doorway to a shop across the street and steps out of sight. There is quite a commotion as some sort of rescue mission is in place. Suddenly a blast sends people flying as more of the building collapses.

The smoke is thick but a familiar glow catches Dara's attention as she sees two lightsabers and darkened figures in the lowest level. The sound of crashing tables and glass lifts above the sounds of the events surrounding the fire. Suddenly the two figures appear and one is emerging victorious against the other as the injured combatant falls to the ground. Another powerful explosion rocks the foundation of the building as it begins to crumble in complete ruins.

Dara stifles a scream as she sees the figure lying prone on the ground is none other than Lord Havok. With a swirl of his cloak, the jedi laughs and steps on Havok's chest, moving off into the crowd and out of sight. People are rushing all about in the streets. Dara grabs a young woman who runs by her and pulls her back into the doorway, snapping her neck instantly. As the girl falls lifeless, Dara slips off the girl's cloak and puts it on.

Dara makes her way through the thick smoke to Lord Havok's side. There is so much blood... his clothing sticks to him as the blood permeates every fiber. She can't tell if he is breathing but there just isn't any time to assess his condition yet. She quickly kneels and then drapes his arm over her shoulder. Dara then uses the force to aid her in lifting him up to a standing position, where she makes their way into the thick woods just beyond the pond behind the burning building ::

Darth Havok
Jan 14th, 2001, 10:13:56 PM
While unconscious images formed in his mind’s eye. Were they placed there by an outside force? To his horror he could feel his brain stiffing in response, a cascade of neural connections triggered by the familiar symbol. He couldn’t stop it. He wasn’t even part of it. He was a spectator in his own brain, watching his own deep secrets appear and then disappear before him, as one would watch slides from a projector…

Pictures began to form before his eyes, misty images which were being feed to him from his deep subconscious.. Then like an uploaded vidlink, the details slowly crystallized. He saw a room, all in the shades of gray. A women in black robes, with a mark of sorts, upon the nap of her neck.. A man behind her and to the side, with the same markings only they were on the back of his shoulder blade. Havok was visualizing his own memories, his pain an torment acting as a catalyst feeding the images into his conscious thought..

He saw them waiting, a man and women both. Strangely there seem to be fine lines connecting the two of them, a bond, that which trembled in the still air between them like a spiderweb. The longer the image remained in his head, the more clearly he could see them..

A flash of pain seared through his brain. No, not pain exactly. Disorientation, so sudden and so powerful that for a moment it felt as if his brain had been put through a blender. The sensation was sickening, and though it didn’t hurt in a physical sense, his inner sense reeled in agony. What the hell is going on? He thought, he tried to.. Tried to.. Oh, god.. Didn’t try.. Didn’t do.. Anything.. Silence, within and without. Where thoughts normally scurried through his head, there was nothing. The sounds of his pulse, now beating wildly, resounded in his ears… The pounding slowed to a mere thud. The pressure in his head seemed to ease a bit. He couldn’t think..

Emotions poured into him without analysis, without explanation. Primitive emotions, such as the lowliest life form must know, bereft of any rational trappings. Terror as raw as an animal knows when the scent of a hunter suddenly comes from behind it. Desperation such as would cause a trapped beast to gnaw off its own foot, in an effort to escape a trap. The emotions filled him to bursting, till a single tear came out of his eyes, from where, or what? He did not know....

The feeling woke him slowly, his eyes still trying to adjusting to the light haze of the early morning.. Fog loomed over the forrest, thick and lingering as the sounds of morning were evident.. A chirping bird, the drip of the morning dew from tree petals pattered the ground. His body ached like it had never ached before, feeling pains in which he had not yet known.. His clothes were stained with his own blood and the earth below him in which he rested upon was saturated from the blood he had lost during the night. He felt lightheaded, finding it hard to believe he was actually alive and had lived that tremendous explosion and gotten here.. How? Just then his vision started to become clear and he saw a woman’s figure laying a few feet from him. Her back facing him. He began to make out some sort of marking on her neck, and slowly leaned closer to confirm his vision.. The movement incited pain and he winced and squinted his eyes in pain, and held a few of the injuries that were giving him pain. His grumbling was bound to wake the woman, so he just held as still as he could, having rolled onto his back to begin gathering his strength to stand..

Dara Shadowtide
Jan 25th, 2001, 03:39:12 AM
:: Dara made her way through the thick forest with Lord Havok's arm around her shoulder to support his body. He hadn't moved or regained consciousness since she found him on the ground in front of the building ruins. She only hoped she was in time to save him. She had located a section in the forest that was hidden back a ways where there was a clearing just under an overgrown tree. The long, winding branches that hung down touched the ground and covered their presence there.

Dara laid down Lord Havok gently on the ground. She then took out a couple of glow rods to illuminate the area. As the soft phosphorescent light flickered on him she saw that his injuries were extensive and she needed to stop the bleeding. She slipped off the grey cloak she had gotten from the young woman she had killed in town and ripped it into sections. Dara then made her way down to the pond and soaked the cloth in the water and brought it back to clean his wounds. His shirt was completely soaked with blood and was starting to stick to his skin so she unbuttoned it and peeled it back, revealed many gashes all across his chest. Dara began to wipe his cuts and the torn cloak cloth quickly turned red as it soaked up his blood.

Dara then reached for her satchel and pulled out Chiewab GLS and BioTech FastFlesh medpacs. She assembled the necessary medical supplies - coagulants, healing salve, antiseptic irrigation bulbs, bacta patches, localized nerve anesthetics, various medicines, a spray hypo, synthe-nutrient replicators, chromostring, and nerve and tissue regenerators. After applying bacta patches and a nutrient replicator, she then rolled him over on his side so she could tend to some more of his injuries. His flesh had been seared which to her meant he sustained damage from a lightsaber as well. She gingerly wiped the cloth all around his back and saw the deep purple bruises that had set in as well. One particular marking on his shoulder blade caught her attention though. It wasn't an injury but it was familiar somehow to her. A black curve with a green oval in the center. Shrugging it off as something she didn't need to know anyway, she applied the nerve and tissue regenerators to the most lethal of his wounds and hoped that they started to heal soon.

Dara then stood up and covered him with her dark blue cloak. She was so exhausted by her hurried trip to find him and just needed some rest to catch up. She secured the area by walking the perimeter and placing motion detectors in a trajectory around the two, and then with a deep sigh she then laid down on the cold, hard ground glancing over at Lord Havok one final time and then drifting off to sleep.

The nightmare comes, as it comes every night. Dara is on her father's ship, the Resilience and they are on their way back from a run on the Outer Rim. There were so many planets to stop at... Honoghr, Kessel, Pzob, Ryloth - to name some of them. Cale Shadowtide had a large order to fill and had installed some extra secret storage compartments on the Correllian Corvette to accommodate the inventory. Then it happens before her eyes as she has relived this scene every night since it happened. Three men had apparently stowed away on their ship from their brief passover. One man ran to hold Dara down, she couldn't move as she was paralyzed in shock. Two of the men beat her father as the third man held her face up to watch. After bludgeoning Cale, they finished him off by shoving a sword through his heart as they smiled at her. After they took her to her quarters and tied her up, she was able to get loose and escape the ship with her life thanks to the hidden compartments her father had built but she was never able to escape the horror of that moment.

Suddenly, new images flash before her eyes. A man is next to her and she seems to know him but cannot see his face. She looks around and faceless people are assembled before her and are bowing to her. She then sees a castle on fire, and chaos erupts as she runs throughout the hallways searching... searching for something. Her eyes open quickly as she hears a man groaning. Disoriented, she sits up and reaches for the hilt of her saber, turning to face him. She then sees Lord Havok laying on his back and rushes to his side ::

"You mustn't move, it's too soon Lord Havok. Your injuries are very serious and your body just needs to rest so it can heal."

:: Tears fill her eyes as she looks upon him, relieved that he had made it through the night alive ::