PDA

View Full Version : What Lies Beneath (Competition)

Oni Nuime
Apr 20th, 2001, 05:43:44 PM
There are few places in the universe where it is safe to say that everyone and anyone will feel uneasy and unsure about what will be around the next corner. If someone were to name Coruscant as one of them most would laugh. When you think of Coruscant you think of the skylines that make up the capital city, hardly anyone ever thinks of what lies underneath the thick layer of smog that remains as a boundary between the two worlds. Down here, there is no natural light. The bottom floors of the buildings that are so familiar to some are never even considered as they stand with their broken windows. Down here the laws and rules of which normal people go about their business are nonexistent. Areas are ruled by different gangs and aliens that have lived here for as far as they can remember, many of them having never seen the upper levels.
An area called the Crimson Corridor, a place that many feared to step foot, was now run by a group that had been around since the Old Republic. A group of thieves, calling themselves the Raptors had become the authority in the Corridor in these times. The Coruscant underground was a place of constant night and creatures that were hideous.

This is the place that Oni Nuime had called home for that past few years. She sat in one of the windows of an abandoned apartment building. Her skin paled from the lack of sunlight, her hair dyed purple and yellow. She looked up at what had been known as her sky, a never-ending sea of black. Looking back down she could see the neon lights of the bars and shops that were held just outside her home area. She observed the aliens below her with fascination. Many of them were murderers, others thieves, all of them like her. Only her position in the Raptors kept her alive, for no one dared to harm one of them, lest they bring down the wrath of the whole group upon their heads.
The young human girl almost sighed as she watched a flock of hawk-bats fly past. She almost missed the upper world someday. But today was not one of them.

Darth Varlon
Apr 20th, 2001, 06:15:49 PM
Darth Varlon Konrad, Sith Knight of the Sith Empire roamed the underalleys of Coruscant on a search for a Jedi he had heard rumoured had fled here. He had been charged with the killing the incompetant Force user whom had let word of him escape.

Trudging along the halls, the Knight peered around, the coridoors eerily silent as he walked. He wondered if this was a mere trick of the Jedi's, or if it were true that even the lower levels of Coruscant had become so un-inhabitable that humans, or aliens could exist.

Continuing on, he heard a rustle. His hand went instinctively to his twin darksabre, clipped to his belt. "Whomever you are, I know you're here. Come out, that way I can make your death a quick one." The young man said, his reply nothing more than an echo.

He continued on now, more alert than before as he walked along.

Oni Nuime
Apr 20th, 2001, 06:43:24 PM
Oni grew tired of watching the same old area and made her way to the other end of the apartment complex and to a room she saw had a large window that overlooked an alleyway, hopefully she would get to see something exciting. As she peered out the window, silently moving the tattered curtains out of the way. Oni saw nothing more than a young man. She watched him carefully as he spoke as if he had known the instant when she came to the window. This made her frown. She had heard about the force-users from her companions. A rustling noise behind her followed by a loud and unhappy sounding chirping made her blood suddenly run cold. She had stumbled onto a hawk-bat nesting area, something that could prove to be a fatal mistake. Without another thought she quickly dove from the window and landed on the ground rolling, her hand going to a lightsaber a friend had given her as a trophy from a Jedi he had managed to kill a few days ago. Forgetting about the boy in the alleyway she spun around ready to face the flock of hawk-bats that she suspected would be following her. However, they did not. She smiled, apparently she wouldn't have to deal with them today after all.
Oni turned around again; ready to go home when she now found herself face to face with the young man she had so carelessly forgotten about.

Darth Varlon
Apr 20th, 2001, 09:40:52 PM
Var jumped back as a mysterious girl lept out at him and he yanked his twin darksabre off his belt, ignititing it's dual blood-red blades with a snap-hiss. "So you come at last, foolish jedi!" He said in a near hiss. "Now, you shall die for your carelessness."

He charged in on her, coming in for an underhand slash, but the young girl was more agile than expected. She lept across the coridoor, and away. He spun as he heard a distinct snap-hiss. His face took on a mask of neutrality to hide his shock.

"Now, now. Let's not toy around, Jedi." He said as he circled. "This is no game. You fight to save your life, or die without lifting a finger. Your choice."

Oni Nuime
Apr 20th, 2001, 09:57:31 PM
The girl's eyes narrowed as she kept the dual light purple blades in front of her, not knowing if she should attack or take defense. The fool! He believed her to be the Jedi that she had seen slain a few days ago? She smiled slightly remembering the moment she had motioned with a finger across her throat, indicating the Jedi's fate. That was how she earned her nickname, always choosing who lived and who died in Raptor territory. She watched him circling her, keeping her guard up and staying in a low cat-like stance, ready to leap out of his range again if necessary. She figured that once she was out of his range for a few moments she'd unsheathe a dagger and attack, something she was more familiar with.

Darth Varlon
Apr 21st, 2001, 01:50:21 PM
The Sith suddenly ran at Oni, slashing with his twin darksabre again, this time yellow flashes sparked from where blade-met-blade with each slash. The girl was good. The knight spun and went in with another barrage, only to be repelled before she lept away.

"Damnit, girl. I don't have all day." He snarled.

With sound of garbage falling from it, a peice of a dead data terminal lifted up and flung itself at Oni, which she dodged. Then another came, again, evaded. "My patience grows thin.." He growled in a low tone.

Oni Nuime
Apr 21st, 2001, 04:39:38 PM
She looked at him oddly. What did he want her to do? Just give up? She shook her head, this was ridiculous. Besides, she had better things to do than fight some stubborn Sith. She disengaged the lightsaber and clipped it back to her belt. Then, with a quick burst of speed she ran back for the window she had exited out of, picking up a piece of rubble as she went. She turned back to see the Sith was following her, good. As she neared the building she quickly jumped upon a large metal trash storage unit and flipped back into the window. She landed gracefully in the opening and then quickly threw the piece of debris into the room, aiming straight for the next of the hawk-bats she had fled from earlier. Without waiting she leapt up again and caught the bars of a fire escape and pulled herself up to the next level just as the angry flock of hawk-bats shot themselves out of the window below in a sea of beating wings.
Oni watched with a smile on her face as they flew towards the Sith. They wouldn't bother him long, but it would give her enough time to get away from this annoyance. She continued up the fire escape and disappeared into a window a few more floors up.

Darth Varlon
Apr 21st, 2001, 10:08:04 PM
The sith knight swore as he fought off the swarm of hawk-bats, killing some, wounding others. Within a minute the swarm had left. He looked around and saw no signs of the girl. He swore again and closed down his twin darksabre, clipping it to his belt afterwards. He touched one of the gashes he had gained during the breif sortie with the hawk-bats and winced slightly.

He muttered something to himself and began his search again, walking along the deserted halls of the Coruscant underworld in search of Oni. He wouldn't allow himself to be so easily beaten. He was a Sith Knight of The Sith Empire, and he would prove that he was not just some incompetant apprentice.

Oni Nuime
Apr 21st, 2001, 10:26:34 PM
Oni silently dropped to the ground and looked around, trying to get an idea as to where she was. The area was familiar, though it didn't exactly make her jump for joy. The sounds a few chains clinking together and a few quiet snickers made her realize this just wasn't going to be her day.

"Going somewhere, Raptor?"

As she turned around she saw one of the men she knew well, Oni had met up with him many times when their two groups would collide. She glanced around again, seeing that she was surrounded now by a group of 6 men, each one holding some sort of primitive weapon.

~"Shut your hole, Xelran, and let me pass."~

The words came into the minds of all that were around her, yet her lips never moved. The leader of the other group smiled at the girl and then with a wave of his hand the others pounced.

"Oh, I think not. Little miss, 'goddess of death'."

Darth Varlon
Apr 22nd, 2001, 04:48:44 AM
The Sith Knight perked slightly as he heard what sounded like the voices of men, and a girl. He turned down a corridor and dashed down it. In his quick flight, he didn't care if his wounds ached and bled. In under a minute he had come upon Oni yet again, and her assailants. The boy didn't stop, he charged right into the group, tackling one of the men and flipped off him.

The sith knight then rebounded off the wall and slammed his elbow into the neck of a second attacker, which was accompanied by the sickening sound of crushing bone. Varlon pulled his twin darksabre off his belt and ignited it as the dead man hit the ground, making him quite quickly the focus.

"Leave her be, and I won't kill you." Varlon said quietly, then grinned. "On second thought, just let her go. I'll kill you anyway."

Oni Nuime
Apr 22nd, 2001, 08:25:22 PM
Sheesh, can't he make up his mind? First he wants to kill me, now he wants to help me so he can kill me.
The thoughts floated through her own mind and she grabbed a dagger that was strapped to her leg and ripped it across the face of the nearest guy.
And it's not even like I need I need his help.
Oh well, he'd learn quickly that she wasn't going to just let him show her up before trying to kill her again. Kicking another one of Xelran's men back she quickly turned her attention to the Sith and dropped to the ground and sweeped his feet out from under him before springing back up and planting her dagger in the throat of the man she kicked a moment earlier.

Darth Varlon
Apr 22nd, 2001, 09:53:08 PM
Var sprang back to his feet, kicking one of the men in the process before driving one blade of his twin darksabre through the man's chest, and finishing by ripping a gash that crossed half his length as he drew his sabre out. A cold thud was the last sound he made in death, which Var ignored as he kicked Oni in the side and turned to another goon, giving him a foot in the face.

Again Var kicked the man, this time a gut-wrenching snap occurring as his opponents neck snapped and lolled to the side as the body fell. With a battle cry in his home language, Var assaulted a third man, tackling him into the wall and crushing his ribs. The knight drew back and turned to face Oni again as the goon behind him gurgled in his death theroes.

Oni Nuime
Apr 22nd, 2001, 10:16:38 PM
Oni ripped a piece of cloth from the bottom of her shirt and tied it around a cut that had been made by one of the men before she had taken him down. She glanced over to the side to see Xelran running. The coward. Turning around slowly she spotted that the Sith had indeed remained alive through this little fight, the carnage around him showing that she probably owed her life to him. No matter, he would probably be trying to cash that in if she waited long enough. She glared at him through strands of purple and yellow hair that came into her view from her messed up bangs. Now was time to get some answers from this boy before she ended up having to defend herself against him again.

~"Care to explain yourself, outsider?"~

Again her lips didn't move though Varlon could hear the words clearly as if they had been spoken. She was speaking through the force, something she had been forced to learn after the same accident that caused her to live here.

Darth Varlon
Apr 23rd, 2001, 12:07:09 AM
"I'm here to kill a Jedi whom was rumoured to dwell here in the Coruscant underworld," He said, closing down his darksabre and clipping it, since he had no intention of killing her just yet. "And I so far see that you are that Jedi.

"Or you got lucky, and killed him, claiming the sabre as a trophy. You've got one minute to explain or I kill you." He finished as he crossed his arms, his bangs falling into his face.

Oni Nuime
Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:18:50 AM
She continued to stare at him, a frown on her face. Again he heard her voice in his head.

~"One of my comrads killed your Jedi. I chose wheather he lived or died. That is why I hold the lightsabre. Now, I suggest we move before they regroup. We're in their territory and I doubt they will take these men's death's lightly. Or you can stay here if you wish, or simply leave this place. Your prey is dead, that should be all that matters to you."~

Oni turned around and started to walk away. She didn't feel like dealing anymore with this boy. He had to be around her age, even if she wasn't quite sure just how old she was anymore. Time seemed endless, there was no day, there was no night. Only darkness.

Darth Varlon
Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:31:07 AM
Var furrowed a brow and growled to himself absently as he started after her. "Then explain the telepathy," He asked as he fell in step with her, no longer bent on killing her, more intent on turning her if indeed she had force potential. "Is it a manifistation of the Force or mere mental ability?

If it's the latter, then I have no reason to continue this conversation and will remove my presence." He finished and drew the hood of his cloak back up over his head.

Oni Nuime
Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:45:17 AM
~"A bit of both. My mother was a telepath, I had the ability slightly. It's powered through what you would call The Force though. Plainly to say, anyone I want to can hear me, force-sensitive or not."~

She continued to walk, knowing he was behind her. Her eyes had adjusted in the past years to see things she knew he wouldn't be able to. Mainly the rats that skittered across the other side of the alleyway. Rats, just seeing them made her hungry. Decent meals were not easily obtained, just another thing she missed from the upper world.

Darth Varlon
Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:57:19 AM
"Then I have a proposal for you," He started, keeping his tone even. "Come with me, back to the Sith Empire. There, we can help you harness your abilities in the Force, and get you away from this underworld."

He stopped. "The question is, do you accept or not?" He finished and awaited her answer, quite well aware that he could be ambushed.

Oni Nuime
Apr 23rd, 2001, 02:03:37 AM
She stopped walking. Did he just ask her what she think he did? No, he couldn't have, why would he have? She had to know.

~"The question is, why do you care? Last I heard you Sith were doing quite well, your numbers growing quickly. Unless times have changed again and the Jedi are destroying your ranks and you have become desperate enough to ask an underworlder to join you."~

Oni once again turned around to face the strange boy, awaiting his answer.

Darth Varlon
Apr 23rd, 2001, 05:57:13 PM
"Denying the Jedi another into their ranks is reason enough." He said and ran a hair through his hair. "And there is always room for another. So it's either you join me here, or I go. But let it be known, if you choose not to go, I'll kill you."

A hand went to his twin darksabre and pulled it off his belt, readying it.

Oni Nuime
Apr 23rd, 2001, 09:17:12 PM
She smiled, amused at his last words.

~" Interesting proposition, however, I have one for you. How about you tell me why I should come with you, what is it you Sith have to offer me that I am not supplied with here? And then, if I like your answer you may leave and I shall go with you. However..."~

Her eyes looked up, viewing into the windows of the buildings that lined the alleyway. Her eyes met with those who had silently gathered there, awaiting once again the judgement of their "goddess of death" on this boy who had now entered their home. She nodded slowly and then returned her emerald gaze to Varlon's.

~" However, if I chose to stay, I believe it will not be I who meets with Death this day. "~

Darth Varlon
Apr 29th, 2001, 07:41:39 PM
"We can supply you with power beyond what you'd most likely have here." He said, a grin blossoming on his face. "A life, a well-furnished home. And telling by your killing of a Jedi, many more of them.

"On top of such, you would be treated as much more than a mere scavenger low-life from the underworld of Coruscant. And finally, we can teach you to hold people at your mercy without touching them."

Oni Nuime
Apr 29th, 2001, 08:48:13 PM
Oni's emerald eyes narrowed at the outsider's words.

~"I did not kill the Jedi, rather I decided his fate. Not to mention, have everything I need here, your power means nothing to me."~

She glanced up again at her peers who were still waiting for her signal, she held up a hand in a motion that they needed to be patient. They could not hear what she was saying to Varlon, her thought-speech cut-off from them.

~"These people are responsible for my second life, you ask me to leave them for reasons I have yet to truly hear."~

Darth Varlon
Apr 30th, 2001, 04:48:08 PM
"If it is toying with one's fate that you enjoy, we can provide that as well." Krys said starting towards Oni. "Or anything you desire. The Sith Empire will soon hold sway over the Galaxy, and those whom aren't of the Sith and found to have force abilities, will not survive."

Oni Nuime
Apr 30th, 2001, 08:24:11 PM
Oni kept her composition, keeping a straight face with her eyes locked with his. Curiosity was beginning to get the best of her, she wanted to know more about these Sith, how they worked, what it was that made his simple presence so different and overbearing than her own. To strike fear into the living was all that she wished. She loathed those who had never known this life, and her hatred was sparking in her a want that was causing a part of her want to go with him. How disgusting. She would not let herself be played over like some wanting child who was being offered some rare candy that only these people could offer. She had to remind herself that he was on her home court, Oni was the master of this game and would chose how it was to be played out.

~"Your promises intrigue me, of that I can not deny. And as much as it repulses me, I will go with you. However, this will be only to observe your kind. I will return here if your people impress me as much as your words do."~

Darth Varlon
May 1st, 2001, 10:05:57 AM
"I can feel your anger building, good. Then come, Oni." He said as he uncrossed his arms and beckoned her forth. "We return to my personal craft. From there, I will take you to the Sith Empire's homeworld. Once you delve into the ways of the Sith, I know you will not wish to leave."

Oni Nuime
May 1st, 2001, 02:09:45 PM
She nodded her head slightly.

~"We shall see about that"~

However, rather than following him immediately, Oni stepped back from him. Everything suddenly became very quiet as she gazed upwards into the windows of the buildings. She bowed her head and pointed to one particular window. This simple action was followed by the protesting cries from her former companions. Then in one exaggerated movement, she dragged her finger across her throat. One thing was always known among the Raptors, those that left, never returned. She was to be considered dead. With angry screeches in several different languages the group fled into the darkness and Oni turned back to the perplexed Sith.

~"Let's go now, I do not wish to face them again until I have to."~

Darth Varlon
May 1st, 2001, 05:28:32 PM
Var did nothing more than nod before he turned to guide Oni. Along the way, she ended up guiding him back along the twisting halls until they reached an abandoned landing platform where the Dark Brood waited. With a chant in a foreign tongue, the hatch to the modified Shuttle lowered.

"You first, my friend."

Oni Nuime
May 2nd, 2001, 06:50:33 PM
Oni half-smiled.

~"Calling me ‘friend’ already are we?"~

She shielded her eyes slightly from the light inside the shuttle as she stepped inside. Yes, light, it would take some getting used to again.

Darth Varlon
May 3rd, 2001, 01:56:51 AM
Var shut the hatch to the Dark Brood and keyed down the lighting in the shuttle to a more-bearable level for Oni, although it left him nearly blind. The glow of the panels would suffice. "That better, if not, I can kill them altogether."

Oni Nuime
May 3rd, 2001, 02:40:51 PM
She blinked a few times, letting her eyes now adjust back to what was normal for the more populated parts of the underground.

"No need, this is fine."

Then from her lips passed a two words she had not in a long while.

"Thank you."

Darth Varlon
May 3rd, 2001, 03:37:41 PM
"You're welcome." He paused after speaking. "I never got your name, my friend."

He turned to her and waited to see if she would give him what he sought or if he would have to fight for it.

Oni Nuime
May 3rd, 2001, 04:45:29 PM
She sat in the chair next to him, wondering if she had made a mistake. No, it felt too right.

~"I don't really know what I should be called anymore. However, I've been going by the name Nuime Oni for the past few years. So I believe that could be considered my name."~

ooc~ last name first.

Darth Varlon
May 3rd, 2001, 08:38:03 PM
"Nice too meet you, Nuime." Var said as he punched in the startup sequence and double checked the systems. "My name's Varlon Konrad. Everyone calls me Var however."

With a few taps on the main control panel, the lambda shuttle lifted off the abandoned pad. With another flurry of keystrokes, it cloaked. "If anyone wanted to stop us, their chance is lost. We're safe."

Oni Nuime
May 3rd, 2001, 09:23:15 PM
She stared at him blankly.

~"I doubt anyone would be trying to stop us, Mr. Konrad."~

She sounded calm, less agitated than it had been, but then it was hard to tell emotions through thought-speech. She was thankful it was night as the shuttle exited from the thick layer of fog that separated the two almost completely opposite worlds that made up Coruscant. Oni looked at the buildings with a bittersweet sigh. Indeed, things had changed, but this was still the brilliant skyline that had captured her as a young girl.

~"How much longer till we reach this place you call home? Is it here, on Coruscant?"~

Darth Varlon
May 4th, 2001, 09:58:28 PM
"It's about two days travel from here. Until then, get some rest." He said as he engaged the hyperdrive, kicking the shuttle towards it's final destination. "You'll need it."

He turned in his chair to face her. "Take my cabin in the back. I won't need it."

Oni Nuime
May 4th, 2001, 11:54:12 PM
Var was faced by a pair of emerald eyes that narrowed yet again at his words. Oni didn't trust him and she wanted to make that known to him, she also didn't like being told what to do. However, she sucked up her pride and nodded before heading to the back cabin, knowing he was probably right. She didn't know what he thought of her, nor did she really care. If she wanted to know she could probe his mind later.
She entered the cabin and dropped down onto the bed and stared up, once again wondering if she had made the right decision.

Darth Varlon
May 5th, 2001, 12:11:51 PM
Var took off his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose. I hate forcing her to do things, but for now, I have to. He leaned back in his chair and put back on his glasses, staring out at the swirling colours of hyperspace. But, there's something.. different about her.

He quickly fell into a dreamless trance-like state that he would remain in unless he was needed to be awake.

Oni Nuime
May 6th, 2001, 01:42:12 AM
Oni sat up, it had easily been a few hours. She had slept lightly, expecting to wake up with the Sith hovering over her, trying to kill her or---She shuddered. No, they probably had more class than that. However, now was time to act. Slowly she walked out of the cabin, eyeing where he sat. Was he faking being asleep? No, the steady breathing told her otherwise. She smiled and pulled a dagger out from her boot, the blade seemed to glitter in the pale light.
We life by the death of others she reminded herself quietly, making her way to where he was. This was right, yes. She would kill him and pilot back to Coruscant. Her greatest feat ever. In her mind she truly was Shinimegami, the Goddess of Death. And without another thought, she quickly drove the dagger towards his chest.*

Darth Varlon
May 6th, 2001, 01:54:10 AM
Var's hand struck out, snatching the young girl's wrist in mid-air in the blink of an eye. When she looked down at him, he wore a mask of neutrality, but his eyes could not hide his anger. They burned with an internal fury, his glare, if it were a weapon, stronger than any lightsabre or turbolaser.

"What do you think you were doing..?" He said in an irritably calm voice.

Oni Nuime
May 6th, 2001, 02:23:16 AM
She stared back into his eyes with an icy coldness that made it so she didn't even have to answer. She tugged hard, trying to get her wrist back. Home, she wanted to go home. From the corners of her eye she watched hyperspace.
I'm dying again. He has tricked me. This must be the 2nd death, the ones gods face. The thoughts flittered through her mind till she pulled back again hard, breaking free from his grasp and stumbling back slightly before gracefully regaining her footing with a small leap back.

~"I HATE YOU!"~

She glared at him again before turning her back on him and walking back into the back cabin and dropping back onto the bed as if nothing had transpired.
let him come to me if he wishes to die.
She was fooling herself; she still wanted to go home. Why did she come with him? WHY? He had threatened her life, yes, that was it. Oni knew she had either confused him or had simply entertained him. Both of which made her ill.

Darth Varlon
May 6th, 2001, 03:32:34 AM
"Many have said just those very words, Oni." Var said as he propped his feet up on the co-pilot's chair and slumped in his. "But are you sure that you mean them?

"Because I have a feeling you don't." He finished, and then stiffled back a yawn. He realized he was exausted, not having slept in nearly a week.

Oni Nuime
May 6th, 2001, 04:55:23 PM
Oni remained in the room, angered, feeling like a trapped animal. She felt numb, her senses blinded by the bulkheads and the soft hum of the shuttle's engines. She eventually fell to the ground, tired, her energy drained.

Hours later she awoke again. Time had no meaning to her, however she estimated that a day must have passed. She was hungry now, a feeling she knew all too well. Leaving the cabin she stared at the pilot's chair. He was awake again, she could hear his heartbeat mocking her from where he sat.

~"...Take me back to the underworld. I wish to go home...now."~

Darth Varlon
May 7th, 2001, 03:12:59 PM
He waved a hand in the air as if to swat a fly. "Oni, the abandoned levels of Coruscant are nothing now. Forget them." He slowly got to his feet and looked at her. "Because for now, I can't take you back."

Oni Nuime
May 8th, 2001, 04:27:01 PM
Within seconds she had pounced at him, sending both of them to the ground, her knees on his chest, her hands at his throat staring into his eyes.

~"YOU LIE! You were to take me home if I decided that I did not wish to become a Sith. Well I have chosen! Now take me home!"~

She kept her eyes locked with his and no word was spoken between them, her grip on his throat forceful, yet light enough to keep him from choking yet. She felt trapped even more so now that she had before and despair was in her eyes that were slowly filling with tears which she fought to keep at bay.

~"I hate this. And I hate you! The game is over, you mock me enough. I shall kill you if you do not kill me here and now and then, I shall find my own way home!"~

Her vision was blurred behind fury and anguish so she did not see as a few tears dropped from her eyes onto him as her threat was sent to his mind.

Darth Varlon
May 8th, 2001, 05:18:55 PM
He smiled and drew her into a gently hug, stroking her. "Now, now, dear. Calm down. Just because you hate me doesn't mean you'll hate the others." He said in a soothing voice. "Each of us is different. I wouldn't be so hasty to jump to your conclusion."

Oni Nuime
May 9th, 2001, 06:50:04 PM
Oni quickly pulled away from him and stared at him with a look of shock on her face.

~"Is this how all you Sith act? Guess all I heard was wrong, cuz from what I understand you guys are cruel and not half as kind as you are acting, is this just some kind of sick test...or are you really a Jedi?"~

Darth Varlon
May 10th, 2001, 05:21:30 PM
"You have only heard the one-sided version of the Jedi," He said and stood up. "Some, like Master Rama Sha, are cruelty come alive. I, Myself, have my own title. But it is one that I shant tell."

He walked over to her and hugged her to him, gently running a hand through her hair. "Now, now, child. Things will be fine. I'll make sure to that."

Oni Nuime
May 10th, 2001, 07:03:20 PM
Oni pushed herself away from him again and glared. The last person that had been like this was her bloodbrother, the one person she had appointed to take her place only hours ago, it just didn't seem right. However, Oni had a good sense to tell when people were lying to her, and from what she could tell the Sith was saying the truth. He may be using some sort of trick to hide his lies though, she reminded herself. Oni stepped back and pushed past him and sat in the copilot chair. He seemed like an okay guy actually, but that wouldn't stop her from slapping him if Varlon decided to touch her again.

~"Fine"~

Her telepathic voice always seemed calm, but her face showed that she was irritated, letting Varlon realize the only thing shorter than her last statement was her temper.

Darth Varlon
May 10th, 2001, 08:56:39 PM
He turned and blinked at her as he sat in his pilot's chair. "Calm down, Oni. I'm not here to hurt you or corrupt your mind." He slumped a bit. "You want any tea..?"

Oni Nuime
May 10th, 2001, 09:08:48 PM
She looked over at him, an eyebrow raised in curiosity.

~"Tea? What kind of tea?"~

Darth Varlon
May 10th, 2001, 10:17:49 PM
"Not too much I'm afraid, though I've grown fond of this kind that's called 'green' tea." He said as he stood up and went back into the cabin area to start the water. "Would you like some? If not, I can see if I've got anything you like."

Oni Nuime
May 10th, 2001, 10:42:41 PM
She smiled slightly.

~"I'll have some of the green tea, if that's alright."~

Oni leaned back in her seat, remembering the last time she had drank tea. It was with her parents and had come with the customary light cakes and frills that she had been so used to.

Darth Varlon
May 11th, 2001, 05:38:17 PM
He poured into two mugs the hot water and let a tea bag sit. He then stuck his head out into the main compartment. "Anything special to go with it?" He said with a smile as he stepped out, and sat next to her.

Oni Nuime
May 11th, 2001, 08:06:03 PM
Oni simply shook her head in reply before changing the subject.

~"Are we almost there?"~

Darth Varlon
May 11th, 2001, 08:38:12 PM
He checked the chronometre on the shuttle's main display panels. "Another day until we exit hyperspace." He said, amazed at how fast time had gone by as he got up and brought out the two mugs of steaming-hot tea, handing one to her before sitting down.

"Why is it you miss the Coruscant underworld so much?"

Oni Nuime
May 11th, 2001, 10:02:26 PM
Oni leaned back in the chair and took a sip of the drink, savoring the warmth even as Varlon could hear her voice. It was a strange feeling, drinking and being able to communicate at the same time.

~"I've spent a few years there...All of my second life."~

Darth Varlon
May 11th, 2001, 11:06:52 PM
He blinked and turned to her, slightly puzzled. "Second life?" He took a sip of his tea to try and recover his composure, but it was obviously lost. "Last I checked, you lived but once."

Oni Nuime
May 11th, 2001, 11:57:06 PM
She smiled slighty at his reaction.

~"Well, if you were completely a different person than you used to be, wouldn't you consider the old you 'dead'? Besides, some would say I have died, considering the carnage I saw when I first awoke in what was going to become my new home.."~

Even as she mentioned it, she flintched slightly and Varlon could feel her put up mental barriors, blocking him from being able to even catch a glimpse at what she spoke of.

~"But that was all so long ago, I don't think it matters anymore."~

Darth Varlon
May 12th, 2001, 02:01:27 AM
His nearly blank face slowly turned to one of understanding. "I think I know what you're talking about, Oni." He took a slow sip of his tea then started. "When I was young, I was torn from my life and put through literal hell. The Varlon that everyone once knew was dead..."

He plucked a roughly foot-long blood-red leather rod from under his shirt. " This is my mark as my new self, Oni."

Oni Nuime
May 13th, 2001, 04:17:10 PM
Oni Smirked.

~"As for myself, I have far too many marks of my newer self. And I like it this way, it's easier to forget who I was..."~

Darth Varlon
May 13th, 2001, 06:32:00 PM
He smiled at finally having someone who he could talk to that knew what it was like. It wasn't every day you met someone like her. "Agreed. I can't stand the thought of whom I once was.." He said with a shudder. "If I had remained that way, I'd have been a jedi."

Oni Nuime
May 13th, 2001, 10:58:51 PM
Oni smiled, she would have laughed if she could have.

~"My old self actually wanted to be a Jedi once. I used to tell my mother that, and she'd yell at me and tell me they were nothing but trouble. I couldn't respect it then, but I somehow knew she was right"~

Darth Varlon
May 15th, 2001, 09:33:30 AM
"Your mother must have been a wise woman, Oni," He said as he smiled at her. "Though I'm hoping that even if you do not decide to join the ranks of the Sith, that you at least stay on our world."

His tone then he lowered his tone. "Because I'd hate to kill you."

Oni Nuime
May 15th, 2001, 04:08:06 PM
She simply rolled her eyes

~"You didn't kill me back there. And as for my mother, she wasn't that wise. She thought all who used the force were madmen who said they were Jedi or Sith to hide it. She hated the fact that when I was a lot younger some Jedi once said my sister, bother, and I were force sensative and could be propperly trained. And it wasn't like my father was really into it either. He thought of Jedi and Sith as rival cults."~

Darth Varlon
May 15th, 2001, 05:05:42 PM
The boy couldn't help but laugh. "Father one of those die-hard smugglers who think that the Force is just a bunch of hokey-pokey and that a good blaster is better than an antiqued sword?"

Oni Nuime
May 15th, 2001, 07:45:23 PM
She raised an eyebrow at his words

~"Actually, my father was a very wealthy man, inherited his father's fortune..never had to work a day in his life."~

She took a sip of the tea, the strange way she held the cup suddenly became apparent to the Sith. There was a certain grace about the way she sat, her posture, the way she delicatly held the cup. It was as if she was a strage looking doll at some young girl's tea party.

Darth Varlon
May 15th, 2001, 08:51:29 PM
"Who ever said smuggers can make it," He said with a smile, taking another long sip of his tea. "I can tell you're quite well mannered.

"Like the tea?" He said with a smile.

Oni Nuime
May 16th, 2001, 07:13:03 PM
Oni suddenly realized how she appeared and quickly slouched and gripped the cup with both hands.

~"Yes, actually...thankyou."~

Darth Varlon
May 16th, 2001, 09:19:34 PM
Var blinked at her. "Ashamed of your upbringing?" He said, nodding towards her. "I'm actually quite a noble person myself, despite my appearance."

Oni Nuime
May 18th, 2001, 10:03:46 PM
Oni's shrugged slightly.

~"The 'upbringing' is perhaps all that remains of the girl that died, and I care not for anything associated with her."~

She finished off the rest of the tea in her cup before looking back at Varlon.

~"And, I could tell you were noble. Your selective kindness screams it out louder than your words."~

Darth Varlon
May 19th, 2001, 03:50:39 PM
Var blinked a few times at Oni, his face turning slightly crimson. "What?" He said quite stunned. "Err-"

He turned away from her, running a hand through his bangs, trying to quickly regain his composure. "Well, yes, it seems to."

Oni Nuime
May 20th, 2001, 11:47:17 PM
She smiled and shook her head slightly. It was getting hard to tell if he was lying to her or not. She figured that either he was truly taking her to the Sith, or by now he might be taking her to Tattooine to drop her off in the middle of the desert to die...or maybe he poisoned the tea. She'd find her answer soon enough and for now she'd play along like she was totally naïve.

Darth Varlon
May 21st, 2001, 06:15:43 PM
Var blinked a few times and turned back to the consoles, trying to keep his embarrasment under control further yet. He was actually blushing for a change. "We'll be there soon enough. Another few hours."

Oni Nuime
May 27th, 2001, 09:13:54 PM
Oni slumped in the co-pilot's chair.

~"Why is it that I get the feeling the few hours will feel like a few days?"~

Darth Varlon
May 28th, 2001, 02:13:39 AM
Var snuggled comfortably into his chair and yawned, wrapping his cloak around him. "Because thats how hyperspace is?" He said with a smile, his voice and appearance showing his obvious need for rest.

Oni Nuime
May 31st, 2001, 04:04:38 PM
~"Ah. Sorry, it's been a while since I've seen hyperspace."~

Oni leaned back again and looked over at the Sith and then back at the colors of hyperspace.

~"So, what do you Sith do all day anyway?"~

She paused before adding, ~"Must be pretty tiring"~, with a smirk.

Darth Varlon
May 31st, 2001, 05:26:56 PM
"We all do different things," He said and stiffled a yawn. "I'm involved rather heavily in Fleet Operations, while others take care of Army or shock-troop ops. Most, however, are just Jedi hunters."

Oni Nuime
May 31st, 2001, 07:30:54 PM
~"sounds...interesting."~

It was hard to tell if she was being sarcastic or not, her thought speech wasn't well developed and revealed little about her emotions. And the slight smile that Oni wore wasn't helping any either.

Darth Varlon
Jun 1st, 2001, 07:47:22 AM
Var half-chuckled through another yawn that managed to escape. "It's really up to you what you do, and it's also partially influenced by your master as well." He said and curled up a bit.

Oni Nuime
Jun 3rd, 2001, 11:33:54 PM
She looked over at him again and couldn't help but smile.

~"Maybe you should take a nap, considering it'll still be a few hours before we get there."~

She smirked as he looked at her questioningly.

~"And don't worry, I won't try to kill you again. I have better things to do."~

Darth Varlon
Jun 4th, 2001, 01:16:57 AM
"Alright, just don't let me catch you screwing with the navicomputer.." He managed to say before he curled up completely in the chair and fell quickly into a restful doze.

Some hours later, Var awoke to the most annoying sound of the Hyperspace distance indicator beeping away constantly. The sith growled and turned it off, watching the timer tick off. Five... four.... three... two... one... He pulled the hyperspace lever as the timer hit zero and the Dark Brood dropped out of hyperspace to find the maw of the Death Wind not too far below it. Even at twenty kilometres away, the Super Star Destroyer was an impressive sight.

He then snapped back to reality and searched the main compartment for Oni. Seeing that she wasn't there he went into the small quarters he had managed to install into the modified Lambda shuttle. Returning to the pilot's seat, he dis-engaged the shuttles cloaking device, allowing its sensors to come online and give a tactical readout. He quickly transmitted his clearance codes to the Death Wind, recieving their request for it mere seconds after sending the information.

After securing a landing trajectory, Var punched on the autopilot and went back into the cramped living space and gently shook Oni. "We've arrived at Munto Cudro, Oni. Wake up." He wispered softly, trying not to stir her too much.

Oni Nuime
Jun 6th, 2001, 10:26:00 PM
A stirring. Someone waking her up? They should know better, especially after the crazy dream she had been having. Some Sith stealing her away from the underworld...
Oni slowly opened one eye, hoping to see who it was before she backhanded them for waking her. Upon seeing the face that she thought was only a figment in a dream, her heart sunk. His words blurred together in the waking process, but she knew what he wanted.

~ "'Bout time..."~

Oni sat up and ran a hand through her two toned hair before yawning.

~ "So what now?"~

Darth Varlon
Jun 6th, 2001, 10:32:39 PM
The shuttle jolted slightly as it entred the atmosphere of The Sith Empire's concurrent headquarters. "We'll be touching down in about ten minutes, give or take about two for landing crews to clear everything." Var said and sat by her, pushing her bangs out of her face. "Sleep well?"

Oni Nuime
Jun 6th, 2001, 10:52:59 PM
She smiled and nodded her head slightly.

~"Yeah. Surprisingly. However, I kinda almost thought that this had all been a dream...guess I was wrong."~

Darth Varlon
Jun 6th, 2001, 11:05:11 PM
"Confusing dreams with reality," He said nearly entraced in his own thoughts. "Been through that quite often. It has, amazingly enough, helped me from time to time."

Var blinked and got up, blushing slightly as he turned. "I'll be in the cabin, since I presume you'll want to change. If you want, I have extra outfits in my closet." He said and quickly exited to guide the shuttle during its final descent.

Oni Nuime
Jun 6th, 2001, 11:12:15 PM
She watched him leave before digging through her pack of things she had managed to grab and changed into an outfit that consisted of a dark blue and purple long sleeve shirt and simple black pants. All of which were slightly large on her small body. She left the room after quickly making two marks on either side of her face with some black paint like substance. She sat in the copilots chair, keeping one foot on the chair and her arms resting on her propped up knee. She kept her thoughts to herself this time, and didn't use thought speach. She figured the Sith could tell what she was thinking anyway.

Darth Varlon
Jun 6th, 2001, 11:19:59 PM
With the final command codes inputted, the shuttles sublight drives shut down as the repulsorlift drive came online, taking it along its last leg of the journey. After about a minute of flight, she touched down on the surface of Munto Cudro. Standing up, Var flicked off main power and routed over to standby, leaving the shuttle drawing off auxilliary sources that would only power life support and a handful of other systems aboard.

With the hiss of equalizing atmospheres, the boarding ramp descended. With a thud, the ramp hit bottom and Var smiled to Oni as he offered her a pair of tinted glasses. "It will be rather bright, take these," He said and motioned towards the ramp after she had taken the sunglasses. "After you."

Oni Nuime
Jun 6th, 2001, 11:31:28 PM
Oni smiled and shook her head before putting them on. She almost wanted to ask him how she looked to get a laugh, but this wasn't the time. She stepped out and took a deep breath, thinking to herself that the air felt strange here. She smiled nonetheless and turned back to Varlon.

~"Guess I'm home now, huh?"~

Darth Varlon
Jun 6th, 2001, 11:59:34 PM
"If you want it to be." He said as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder before they both started towards the TSE HQ. "While we're here, I might as well show you around too."

Entering the gates, he started off taking her towards the HQ building to get her registered before they'd begin their new adventures.

OOC: And after a couple months, the thread's finally over :D