PDA

View Full Version : Fight anyone?

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 12:51:52 AM
Well I'm bored...so I'll fight anyone even TSC sith, or imperials,bounty hunters,etc.....I have 2 hours and 10 minutes to fight then I have to go.....*Videl ignites her saber and sits on a nearby rock as she waits for an opponent*

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 01:01:59 AM
I am the ally of all who would destroy TSC.

I offer myself to train you in the art of the inner dragon, Shen Lung. It will serve you well in the future.

Do you accept?

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 01:03:23 AM
uh...I guess so...most ppl don't answer my fight challenges anyway....

Darth Ogre
May 5th, 2000, 01:04:09 AM
:: watches intently, hoping to pick up some pointers ::

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 01:11:19 AM
Your fighting techniques are formidable...at a distance. Your chi offers powerful energy attacks that can wither away your enemy...but if he gets close, your weaknesses are exposed.

A true warrior must be balanced. You cannot rely on one method of attack, lest it be taken away.

The inner dragon is the cumulation, perfection of the sentient animal. Power, grace, speed, venom, and guile are the tools of the true warrior.

You have mastered energy projection, but it is time to learn to destroy...flesh to flesh.

What shall we work on first?

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 01:14:21 AM
dunno....I haven't really seen much of it, other than when you threatened to break Saurron's arm......

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 01:21:15 AM
Okay...

We'll start with strength. The Way of the Tiger.

You've heard the saying "The best defense is a good offense."

Well, the opposite is true for Tiger. The best defense is a good offense.

Tiger is non-stop brutality. Movement is linear. You don't dodge, you go THROUGH. If every strike you make is maximized for the most pain, no opponent can strike back. They can only back away, or get out of the way entirely. Strong strikes, like the front press kick, swinging gate cross block, and the hidden ram's head will keep your opponent on their heels.

Any questions?

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 01:22:50 AM
*listens* questions? nope....

Darth Ogre
May 5th, 2000, 01:23:31 AM
:: wonders what the hidden Ram's head is ::

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 01:28:25 AM
The hidden Ram's head is a special version of the Ram's head, which is the basic strike in Shen Lung. You maximize full force on the first two knuckles, ensuring maximum power, and keeping your knuckles from breaking, even on metal if you train long enough. Strike at close range, never fully extend your arm, aim just beyond what you will hit. The hidden Ram's head comes after a swinging gate cross block, usually to break the attacker's sternum, rupture lungs, cause internal hemhorraging, etc.

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 01:31:44 AM
hehe..sounds like it's very painful for your opponent...

Darth Ogre
May 5th, 2000, 01:32:00 AM
:: nods respectfully to LL ::

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 01:35:17 AM
There are about 400 different versions of the Ram's head, and I'm not going to go into them all...I'll touch on the more important ones later.

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 01:38:14 AM
*listens and waits for the next part of the lesson*

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 01:48:49 AM
The next is to utilize the Inner Dragon's venom...the Way of the Snake.

Venom is not for killing, but for incapacitation, pain, and maiming. A person with the Way of the Snake inflicts the most grotesque punishment upon an adversary. With Way of the Snake, you will tear at your enemy's eye sockets, gouge eyes out, burst eardrums, slash vital nerves or veins, crush genitalia, and cause your opponent's pain to defeat him, with the least possible effort put out on your behalf. The Snake Fang method is a strike, like the Ram's head, but unlike the Ram's head, is not for a contact strike, but instead used to pierce, rip, or tear soft tissue. Rake across the face, and tear as much as you can. Also key to Way of the Snake is the dark art, Den Mok, or the Death Touch. Masters of the art will break their index fingers repeatedly until they become calcified spikes, which allow you to strike through bone, armor, anything, inflicting a fatal blow with one finger. Moderate users of Den Mok can still use it to penetrate vital soft tissue, causing terrible hemhorraging.

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 01:54:06 AM
*Videl continues to listen*

Darth Ogre
May 5th, 2000, 01:56:15 AM
:: raises an eyebrow, and takes mental notes of all that is being shared ::

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 02:08:20 AM
Never use Way of the Snake exclusively. It is an opener, designed to take away your opponent's advantages in perception and reflexes.

Next is speed...derived through the Way of the Mantis.

It is an agressive art of defense. Mantis almost never makes first contact, but instead blocks or dodges, and counters with repeated and lightning fast attacks to disorient and break up an opponent's battle strategy. The centerpiece of Mantis is the open formation, which dictates that one hand be held in a Ram's head, elbow bent, fist vertical, and the other hand in a Ram's head, in a horizontally bent elbow, which meets the other arm at the elbow, creating a right angle. From this, you can swing upward with a swinging gate block, leaving them wide open for a hammer strike to the collarbone, easily breaking it. Or, one of my favorite moves, is to lead an enemy's punch into you, and turn away, snap the vertical arm over their punch in a guillotine arm trap, then shift your center of gravity to break the elbow joint, and snap your vertical hand right back at them in a dragon's strike, which can push their sinus bones into their brain. Mantis must be fast. Never counter only once...counter as many times as your enemy foolishly allows you to. Make them afraid to attack.

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 02:11:18 AM
*listens and takes mental notes*

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 02:23:36 AM
speed naturally transfers itself to grace, and The Way of the Crane.

Forget anything you've seen on Karate Kid...that is crap. Crane is the most deceptively destructive form imaginable. It turns your enemy's own attacks against them. Evasion is the key. Unless you attack, you never touch your opponent. Shifting your stance is important. A much stronger opponent can be easily defeated with the Crane, as they will rely on brute force, allowing you to subtly strike them when they are most vulnerable. You can sidestep a charging behemoth and using a sword-handed wing hook, break the vertebrae below their skull, killing them, and still letting their forward momentum carry them on...almost without anyone noticing. Another fearsome technique of the Crane is the Crane's Beak...a strike similar to Ram's Head, but using the maximum force with the minimum surface area. A Crane's beak can meet a Ram's head punch in a counter and shatter your enemy's hand bones with the concentrated force.

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 02:28:46 AM
*continues to listen and make mental notes*

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 02:35:20 AM
The final step to achieving the Inner Dragon is guile. For that, the Way of the Monkey is used. Unorthodox and confusing, the Way of the Monkey is the only method that uses grappling as its mainstay offense. The low center of gravity keeps most from using effective strikes against it, and when one uses Way of the Monkey, it is to take away their opponent's center of gravity, paving the way for further attacks. Monkey is similar to snake, as it should never be a primary use method.

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 02:37:38 AM
*listens and takes some more mental notes*

Darth Ogre
May 5th, 2000, 02:38:39 AM
:: listens carefully, allowing no distractions ::

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 02:42:16 AM
What I've taught you are the basic fundamentals...of course, there are thousands of variations on the forms, but they all share the same use.

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 02:45:46 AM
*continues to listen*

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 02:49:14 AM
Uh....I'm done.

Darth Ogre
May 5th, 2000, 02:52:43 AM
Thank you for the teachings LL. They will be valuable skills to have, once practiced and mastered.

videl1999
May 5th, 2000, 02:56:13 AM
hehe...I thought you were done, but I wasn't sure....well considering I've only got about 5 minutes left...I guess I'll be going now...thanks for the lesson....I'll probably be around sometime tommorrow tonight if you want to show me how to use what you taught me....but now I must be going....komban wa, LL....*Videl teleports out of forum*

The Lounge Lizard
May 5th, 2000, 03:05:29 AM
Practice will come soon....you have to learn when to strike with what....there is more strategy than action.

Lady Vader
May 5th, 2000, 03:57:30 AM
:: LV finshes taking down the notes... a small wisp of smoke rises from the pencil she was using to furiously write down the information ::

phew!!... talk about a mouthfull!!... well, I learned something new today!

thanks LL! :evil: