PDA

View Full Version : Why should you become Jedi?

Darth Turbogeek
May 5th, 2000, 08:55:33 PM
"Why do you want to be Jedi?"
"Mostly because of my Father I suppose"

"I had a dream once... I dreamt I was a Jedi Knight and I came back to free all the slaves"

"The Jedi were once the guardians of peace throughout the galaxy"

Why shoudl you be Jedi?

In my search for this answer, I see that being Jedi is something to truly aspire to. They were hnoured and respected, feared by evildoers and the poor saw them as the hope to escape injustice.

It was the dream of many a young child, that they too be a Knight, to stand with sabre blazing in the face of great odds.

It was the dream of the downtrodden who felt the rod of the evil ones, for a Jedi to deal out justice, with no thought of bias.

It was the dream of the old ones, to be wise like a Jedi was.

To be a Jedi is not the quick and easy path... it is a hard life, but with rewards that no one from the Sith could promise or get.

It's the reward of a heart felt thank you as you save the life of another innocent.

It's the honour of others as the defer to your wisdom in councils.

It's the silent gratitude as others step aside to allow you to deal with trouble.

I am a Jedi - a Jedi Master. I offer anyone who wants the life of a Jedi to follow the Light Side, to a life of true honour.

JediBoricua
May 6th, 2000, 12:05:58 AM
DT, you are wiser than you even imagine.

Itala Marzullo
May 6th, 2000, 11:31:57 AM
Being a jedi means being a slave of useless laws.
It means following the oh so hated and absurd "rules" of the universe.

It means plain and simple, being a p*ssy.
And you can beat there wasn't a single jedi at woodstock....

Grand Admiral Lyle
May 6th, 2000, 06:41:42 PM
Yeah why be a jedi when you can be imperial? Or even better you could be both.

JediBoricua
May 6th, 2000, 07:10:36 PM
yeah! I agree Itala. Why be a jedi when you can be a sith and call ppl P*ssy!!! Now that's something I've always wanted to do. Let's not forget being at Woodstock and destroying without any reason!!!!! Hooray!!! The world sure needs more sith.

And don't talk about being slaves, because we are not the one eaten by the Force.

ReaperFett
May 6th, 2000, 07:13:46 PM
Ha ha, the men who ran away for months called us p**sies. You a budding stand up Italia?

The Lounge Lizard
May 6th, 2000, 07:28:07 PM
I'll admit...the Jedi have the right idea. Unfortunately, it takes focus and determination I do not have.

JediBoricua
May 6th, 2000, 07:33:26 PM
Which is precisely why we are no the P**sies. Because we have chosen the harder path.

Darth Dyzm
May 7th, 2000, 01:45:08 PM
To Much effort to be nice,
And About Evil Fearing the Jedi,

EVERYONE Fears the Sith, U bad and u mess up, then u dead

JediBoricua
May 7th, 2000, 02:18:52 PM
I will respond only saying: "We dare not to go against the jedi", now where have I heard that before....

Lord Gue
May 7th, 2000, 02:23:08 PM
I might not be as neutral as i once seemed, but i belive that dancing the line of neutrality is the way to go. It keeps you human, or whatever race you are. Chaos, its in the blood, its the universe itself, chaos. A little good here, a little bad there, its what keeps us who we are. nothing would exist without good or evil...

Jedi Alpha
May 7th, 2000, 02:46:22 PM
::Appears in the rafters::

Ok..look I've been a Jedi, a Sith, and an Imp...And I'll agree with DT on this...

Darth Turbogeek
May 8th, 2000, 07:17:40 AM
You limit yourself if you remain neutral. You cant use Dark or Light Side to their fullest extents.

Now, as for this fear thing.... FEAR is of the Dark Side....

It is part of the Dark Side. Fear is part of what the Sith embrace.

Jedi do not fear anything. That is what sets us apart from the Sith.

The Sith can see the blade coming for their life and they can be clutched by that fear of dying. For them, there is nothing. You embrace Death and that is your reward for slavery to the Dark Side

For the Jedi, when we leave this crude matter behind, we become something else. We dont fear death at all. We have embraced Life and that is the reward for being true servant of the Light.

Go ahead and strut all you want Sith. Your time is short. Fear will catch up with you and grasp you in it's cold hand.

We strike you down... you die.

Strike us Jedi down... we will become more powerful than you can ever possibly be.

Itala Marzullo
May 8th, 2000, 09:51:41 AM
tsk tsk tsk, the coolest characters in the movie will always be the villains, Vader and Maul, the most honored and most remembered, who was Qui-Gon? oh yeah that dude who got burnt...

Darth Havok
May 8th, 2000, 05:15:33 PM
Here ya go DT.... The Dark Jedi Code... Just for you....
[c]
There is no peace, there is anger.
There is no fear, there is power.
There is no death, there is immortality.
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.
I am the Heart of Darkness.
I know no fear,
But rather I instill it in my enemies.
I am the destroyer of worlds.
I know the power of the Dark Side.
I am the fire of hate.
All the Universe bows before me.
I pledge myself to the Darkness.
For I have found true life,
In the death of the light.

We don't fear you, but instill it upon our enemies......

Lord Fire Blade
May 8th, 2000, 06:55:40 PM
Tsk Tsk. Maul was an idiot. he let a Padawan pull a simple Force trick and he died. What a total idiot.

And VAder... well, Vader was redemed and became part of the Light again.

And of course, the Dark Creed is but a simple copy cat of the Jedi Creed. You Sith really have no imageination, you know that?

And your creed is wrong. You know fear. You know the fear of death, for in that you are ended.

I fear nothing. Not your simple tricks or mindless words. You know not of the true Force.

And as Yoda said The Dark Side is NOT stronger. The Light will always win in the end.

Darth Turbogeek
May 8th, 2000, 07:18:46 PM
@#%$!!!! I'll get you for that FireBlade!!!!!

(It appears FireButt got me a good one)

ReaperFett
May 8th, 2000, 07:26:10 PM
I'm sorry, but the coolest characters were NOT bucket-boy and the man who has tatoos that look like Tatooine ceilings. The coolest characters are:

Wedge
Ric Olie
Obi-Wan
Han
Boba Fett

Darth Dyzm
May 8th, 2000, 07:31:31 PM
To Alpha: No One Likes a turn coat, there is no Honor.

To Jedi Boricua: When out numbered, its best to wait and then strike... And who hunted the jedi almost to extinction???

To Fire Blade: And what did Mual do? He Killed a MASTER, Obi Wan just suprised Mual,

Darth Turbogeek
May 8th, 2000, 08:07:25 PM
Darth Maul was a damn fool. Any true warrior would have finished ObiWan off. He was a sitting duck while he leaped! He may have killed a Master, but he was a @#%$-sure fool in the end. A FOOL! He was so up himself he failed to notice death approaching him.

Darth Dyzm
May 8th, 2000, 08:10:00 PM
Your Right on that account, If I was Maul, I would have levitated his lightsaber down and stab in into Obi-Wans Head