PDA

View Full Version : does a jedi...

Darth Phantom
May 17th, 2000, 01:11:28 PM
apprentice have to fight a sith to become a jedi knight?

JediBoricua
May 17th, 2000, 02:33:48 PM
NOpe, a jedi padawan is promoted to a jedi knight whenever his master decides, there is no special requirement and one match only does not give him enough experience to be made a knight.

Jedi Alpha
May 17th, 2000, 09:49:46 PM
Unlike the Sith disciples...

JediBoricua
May 17th, 2000, 11:02:42 PM
Yes and that is why many sith knights get their asses kicked.

Darth Lynch
May 17th, 2000, 11:06:27 PM
We do not have knights, we have warriors and no apprentice of mine graduates due to one simple battle, they are promoted when they have proven their skill.

And Boricua I see no Sith Warriors getting their asses kicked, do you?

JediBoricua
May 19th, 2000, 12:19:45 AM
Of no sith warriors gets his/her ass kick. They always have a shield or a cloak or a termal detonator to "save" them. :lol:

Darth Lynch
May 19th, 2000, 12:21:25 AM
You mean like force heal or force bubble to save a Jedi?

Each side has their thing.

Darth Turbogeek
May 19th, 2000, 12:29:07 AM
I think what Boricua refers to is this insnae non Force god modes some people have. Forece Healing is valid, Shields I canimagine hiw they would be valid, but really there are some that things running about that make me wonder.

JediBoricua
May 19th, 2000, 12:33:02 AM
Well actually I have used shields twice. Once in a massive battle we had, I think you where on it, where I wanted to fihgt Scorpion alone. I used to keep ppl out.

The second time was tonight and it was to protect myself and my fellow jedi from an attack I did myself.

You can read all of my battles and you can see I have only used my LS as a weapon. And of course the Force.

Darth Lynch
May 19th, 2000, 12:45:44 AM
I tend to use my lightsaber and the force mostly, although I do use a plasma gernade once in awhile however I never use it to kill someone and only use it against someone who has powers that deal with outside the force. An equalizer you might call it however I don't use it much. If you read any of my post you'll see I don't rely on my lightsaber all that much and I most certainly have no God mode or a bunch of fancy equipment, I find such a thing is usually there to make up in lack of creativity by one self or give an unfair edge.

I much prefer a equal playing field where anyone can defeat anyone if they have the skill and cunning to do it.

The whole God mode thing both sides are guilty of and unless a rule or something is put in place to show what the line between allowed attacks/powers and non allowed attacks/powers then it shall be abused by some. I admit I don't have a problem with all non SW powers/attacks but some are there only for a quick victory and that I do not like, be it Sith or Jedi or whatever.

JediBoricua
May 19th, 2000, 12:48:55 AM
Believe it Lynch when I say god-mode you are nowhere near of it. But I don't like non SW moves and I usually don't respond to them. That is why I break enchanted staff and swords without mercy. And I don't think a rule is needed, simply ignore god-mode attacks and that's it.

Darth Turbogeek
May 19th, 2000, 12:52:05 AM
The best way to deal with God modes is to ignore them. I know Videl was pissing me off for a long while with her God mode, so I just didnt bother replying to them. God modes are one reason why I have not been fighting until now for a while. I never use anything else other than sabres / Force / hand to hand and I use my knowledge of fighting and imagination.

JediBoricua
May 19th, 2000, 01:03:46 AM
NOw, now DT, don't forget your
famous kitchen utensil...:lol:

Darth Lynch
May 19th, 2000, 01:42:11 PM
Certain Jedi also have God modes or unique powers that they use, I think of at least two that have such attacks they use often instead of traditional SW powers. The whole Siyjin thing has been of debate before and both sides have had one or two on their side at different times, if not a person useing Sayijin powers, to simply blame Videl or single her out is unfair.

Ignoring such attacks is the best method.

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2000, 02:03:40 PM
I just hate uncounterable things

Girder lands on person- could survive
ignites saber into head- uncounterable

I just use stuff seen in the films. Heal was seen, so I use it. Pulling/pushing was seen, so that is used too

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2000, 02:07:25 PM
Another thing which may cause a problem is armour. Xanatous has enchanted armour. I don't mind this, and will use this in threads. However, there may be people who ignore or mistreat them

Darth Dyzm
May 19th, 2000, 06:25:18 PM
I agree with you man, but I use the things also in the EU books and Video Games, my armor can block lightsaber hits to a degree

Sith Kat
May 19th, 2000, 06:46:28 PM
Here's something I've decided to use for all my combats on the message boards. I have 2 dice, a red one and a blue one. (Red = Sith / Blue = Jedi) Each turn (One Post) I'll roll the bones. If the red die rolls better than the blue die, I'm successful. :) If the blue die rolls better than the red die, I fail. :( Then I'll respond to what the other player has written according to how good or bad the red die rolls against the blue die. Sometimes I'll win and sometimes I'll lose.

JediBoricua
May 19th, 2000, 11:18:12 PM
Interesting Kat, some people do that with coins also. I myselft accept other peoples attacks most of the time, except when I'm outnumbered.

Darth Turbogeek
May 20th, 2000, 04:54:54 AM
I personally dont like using EU stuff. The Vong armour just wouldnt work with how the theory of lightsabres, because it supposably blocks a superheated gaseous discharge weapon, iwht the energy contianed in a magnetic "bottle" that allows the blade to be shaped. Oyher lightsabres will block others due to the polarities and the effects of the magnetic bottle effect Cortoris ore shuts down sabres by breaking down the "bottle" and stopping the blade from keeping shape long enough to be useful.

Which makes me wonder about Vong armour. Makes me thingk the EU author resposible was searching for a God mode like a Trek episode. I dont see how it can work and it seems out of place for genuine SW.