PDA

View Full Version : We Really need one of the roleplayers to be a mod

Grand Adm Thrawn
May 25th, 2000, 04:21:56 PM
i mean the deathstar and battle of tatooine threads are a mess it is to hard to understand what is going on, someone needs to go through the threads and edit out all the bad sigs

Sith Kat
May 25th, 2000, 04:26:46 PM
OOC - I thought Ogre showed Rebel how to fix it.

Darth Lynch
May 25th, 2000, 04:34:34 PM
Apparantly not.

There is a mod but he only post on occassion or is busy since he hasn't been around much on this forum. The best idea is to bring this to the attention of the mods in the feedback forum, that's the best bet to get this fixed.

And if someone was made mod who would it be? It would have to be someone who wouldn't show favor to any side.

Darth Ogre
May 25th, 2000, 04:36:32 PM
OOC: I did, but he didn't follow the directions. Last I saw of Rebel69 he is now Darth Xanatos and his sig was still in a bad way.

I agree that a roleplayer should be made a mod here so that threads don't get ruined like that. I have seen it happen numerous times. The culprit usually doesn't return or understand how to edit it out.

The Lounge Lizard
May 25th, 2000, 05:17:22 PM
If a rpger were to be a mod...he/she would have to be somebody who had been playing both sides, so he/she wouldn't be blinded by unconcious bias for one side from all the time as a member of one team.

Grand Adm Thrawn
May 25th, 2000, 05:48:40 PM
i think i should be someone that can be trusted not to take to a personal leval and delete postes or edit posts just because they dont like someone or what they said

i think yoghurt would be good for that spot

Jedi Alpha
May 25th, 2000, 05:50:44 PM
::Alpha appears in the rafterS::

That's a good idea...

Darth Turbogeek
May 25th, 2000, 07:35:15 PM
I'd offer, but I dont know if I'm going to be here enough.

But good points

The Lounge Lizard
May 25th, 2000, 07:36:53 PM
I'll put my name in the hat if we don't have any other candidates. I don't belong to a group so I don't have an overriding agenda that others might balk at.

Darth Turbogeek
May 25th, 2000, 07:47:43 PM
Put us both down.

Darth Ogre
May 25th, 2000, 07:53:44 PM
I'll toss my hat into the mix. Just as a perspective on the other side of the fence, but I do believe I could be trusted to maintain impartiality(though not really neccessary since editing posts for sig problems requires only some knowledge of ezboard usage. I would also be able to provide and person with signature problems a remedy/fix for the issue that aills them.

The Lounge Lizard
May 25th, 2000, 07:56:32 PM
Good point. Ogre is definitely a sig guru. He can help the newbies with sig probs that might pop up

Jedi Alpha
May 25th, 2000, 08:26:00 PM
Count me out...I don't have the patience to be a mod...

Grand Adm Thrawn
May 25th, 2000, 08:26:55 PM
ogre can be trusted also not to delete threads because he dis-likes someone

Atreyu
May 25th, 2000, 08:52:15 PM
It's not a permanent solution BUT I hold the password to the 'SwFans' name that is a mod here. If necessary I could give it to some of the members here to use if need be.

Concerning the appointment of new mods it was raised a little while ago and the favourites included Rama, Darth Turbogeek and obiwan2. However it got turned doen since jjwr said he was visiting on a regular basis.

Just so you know though if new mods are appointed it will more than likely be people who have been around for a fair while (at least 4-5 months or so).

Darth Ogre
May 25th, 2000, 08:54:46 PM
It would be very helpful in cleaning up threads that would normally be ruined by someone with a bad signature file.

JediBoricua
May 25th, 2000, 11:40:05 PM
YOg and Ogre are both experts on sigs and html and that would even out the scene one Jedi and one TSE'r, noone from TSC because this is not their main BG.

Atreyu
May 26th, 2000, 06:28:22 AM
Well if you want new mods appointed you'd better post in the Feedback forum and ask. Posting in the normal forums is usually a waste of time because the current mods/admins don't want posters to think they can post suggestions anywhere they like so they often ignore such topics as this.

jjwr
May 26th, 2000, 08:46:06 AM
Actually my sister was in the hospital having surgery and I felt it was more important to spend time there then surf these boards. I do browse all the boards and will respond to questions like this that I see.

The way I see it what your asking is more of a problem with the posters themselves then a need for a moderator. All you need to do is un-select the button Include Custom signature. I don't really think a moderator is needed for the sole purpose of cleaning up BG threads with out of whack signatures.

And as far as signatures go, I know most signatures are of reasonable size but it has been mentioned that we would like the signatures kept to small size(both physically and the size of the file) to make it easier for others to load and read the threads.

Comments?

Atreyu
May 26th, 2000, 07:40:17 PM
Just so you know Josh, the real problem people were having with sigs was that some people forget to turn off the table and therefore the rest of the thread is put into a table, thus ruining the rest of the thread. In those cases you need someone with mod/admin powers to respond quickly so they can delete the posts responsible to save the thread.

Anyways if you're still browsing on a regular basis that's good to hear. :)