PDA

View Full Version : Check this out!!!

JediBoricua
May 28th, 2000, 01:06:38 AM
Today I received an email from an unknown person. It contained this url

Let me say that the person who did this is a genius, a pure genius!!!

Darth Havok
May 28th, 2000, 01:12:03 AM
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

Darth Dyzm
May 28th, 2000, 01:23:51 AM
That is illegal and i hope Anglefire catches who ever made that site, it falls under hate crimes, and if found the person can be charged with a fine.

JediBoricua
May 28th, 2000, 01:29:45 AM
Oh well, I hope so too. But since I did not do it...I'll laugh until they catch him!!!

jadesfire4
May 28th, 2000, 02:50:03 AM
I am so offended by this. I originally saw this posted at cc.net and I wrote how offended I was. That post was taken down and I hope the same is done here. Itala just got the courage to post pics at cc.net and some jerk (I want to swear but wont) goes and does this. I know a fair amount of teasing and good natured harassment goes on but this is malicious defamation. Itala I wholehearted support any action you take in revenge and I appologize on the behalf of all of the decent people at cc.net. Darth Boruica you should be ashamed for spreading this further!!! You are a coldhearted sob!!!!!!
Those of you who hate what has been done go to
angelfire.lycos.com/doc/watch/form.html (http://angelfire.lycos.com/doc/watch/form.html)
and let the admins know you want this sob banned!!!!!!!!!! I have and I am searching for other places this was posted!!! This was sick and wrong and if I ever get my hands on the person who did this I will rip them to shreads!!!!!!!!! That is NOT an empty threat!!!!!!!

Me and my friends will not be posting at ANY boards that leave this link up!!!!

Darth Turbogeek
May 28th, 2000, 05:21:23 AM
This is NOT funny.

Admins, remove this link

Darth Turbogeek
May 28th, 2000, 05:44:11 AM
And as a Sys admin of one ISP to another, I'm contacting Angelfire, to see if I can get a IP address of the person who created the link. Such actions are not condoned and never will be in RPG.

OOC: For christsake, Itala didnt desreve this! He's actually quite a nice guy out of RPG and I am revolted and sickened someone has taken RPG this far.

Disgusted,

Turbogeek

ReaperFett
May 28th, 2000, 06:48:03 AM
I must be my English sense of humour, but I didn't find that funny one bit. In fact, that was just sick. I don't know Italia, but I know he wouldn't do this.

BTW, make sure you NAME and SHAME the person who did this

Grand Adm Thrawn
May 28th, 2000, 06:55:13 AM
that was funny, a few people have hate sites about me, dosent really bother me just role with the punches

Lady Vader
May 28th, 2000, 07:15:56 AM
only once in a blue moon... never really seen Jedi working to clear a Sith's name... but in this case, I understand...

DT, if you require ANY assistance in any type of info, searching, whatever to find the sick bastards that did this, I'd be more than willing to aid you... I'm serious about this offer...

and, Thrawn... glad it doesn't bother you... so, YOU roll with the punches... but this time, Itala's getting help from BOTH sides to AVOID the punches...

and as for you JB... I could slice your throat open, rip out your liver and dine on it for having posted that link...

:mad:

ReaperFett
May 28th, 2000, 07:50:38 AM
Can I just say one thing. I noticed a lot of people have gone on a "BAN HIM" crusade, but lets think about it. When there was the Gungan cookout thread, someone(Dyzm I think) showed a picture of me as dead (Ash actually, but I depicted it as me). I could have asked to ban him and all, but didn't. I thought it was quite funny (Only that picture though).

What I am trying to say is, let Italia decide what happens. It should be up to him what action is taken, being as it involves him

JediBoricua
May 28th, 2000, 11:50:59 AM
Well guyz I'm sorry! I really am. Like I said I received this email containing the link and I found it funny. That is all.

If any of you guyz found it offensive, I am really sorry. I never expected for this to cause such a reaction. I also did not consider it hate propaganda.

If you decide to ban me, well I wont complain. What I did was wrong and I know that know.

Itala I'm sorry, I really am.

But there is another part we are not seeing here. When I came into the site it already had 5000 hits. Which means it must have been up for a long time and many people have gone there before, so if I hadn't done this stupidity, maybe it would have been up much longer.

Master Yoghurt
May 28th, 2000, 12:10:21 PM
I find the site totally tasteless. Could this link be removed, please?

JediBoricua
May 28th, 2000, 12:13:38 PM
OK I removed the link. I did not edit out what I say because I did mean it when I posted it. Now I see it was wrong but I wont hide behind an edit post, I did what I did and I said what I said, even I'm really feeling bad about it.

Figrin D an
May 28th, 2000, 12:56:31 PM
I agree with what ReaperFett has said.

It is unfortunate that someone decided to create such a web site for the sole purpose of defaming one of out posters. Itala has been the "whipping boy" of the forums for a long time, and it seems that someone has a decidedly strong grudge or hatred for him. Removing the link to the site was appropriate, as well as informing both Angelfire and Itala about the site so that it can be removed and the creator of the site can be found.

However...
Some of you are jumping all over Boricua for posting the link and wanting to take your anger out on him, when he has done nothing really wrong. He posted the link and made a few comments. Regardless of whether the rest of us feel it was of questionable taste, he has a right to say such things.
Consider that he has apologized, the issue is temporarily resolved, at least until Itala finds out who created the website in question.

Also, condoning revenge against the creator of the site will solve nothing. It will only serve to make the situation worse. Let Angelfire and Itala deal with this situation. Everyone else, calm down and try to handle this objectively.

Darth Dyzm
May 28th, 2000, 12:57:47 PM
Ash never died, he just got a really big boo-boo, plus i was attacking ur Role playing Character, I never attacked you in real life

Princess Ami
May 28th, 2000, 01:19:50 PM
okay....who deleted my post!?

Grand Adm Thrawn
May 28th, 2000, 02:26:37 PM
I DELELTED IT!!!!!!! :lol: eh? re-post it

The Lounge Lizard
May 28th, 2000, 02:50:57 PM
What was the link about? I didn't get to see it?

Darth Lynch
May 28th, 2000, 04:00:52 PM
I agree with Figrin D an on this, the site has been up and apparantly for a good deal of time at least, JB posted only the links and even if they were tastless he doesn't deserve to be fully bashed or banned over this. Everyone makes a mistake and JB's track record has been pretty good.
Itala has stepped on alot of toes so he was bound to be attacked in some way, guess this is it, even if it is wrong.

And LL I'm sure someone saved the page, just ask around if you want to see it that bad.

jadesfire4
May 28th, 2000, 06:12:14 PM
I agree let Itala decide what he wants to do with the person who created the site. But its up to the forum administrators to decided what to do to the person who posts the links. Becuase posting a site like that for all to see against a poster in real life and not a rollplay character is wrong! Its up to the administrators or each of the eight forums this link was posted at to decided how to react~!
We dont know how long the site has been up. Its possible for the site administrator to tweak a counter. I could go to my site and make it say 10,000 visitors just like that. Plus those pics were just put up becuase Itala just made his pics available on the web.
JB thanks for appologizing. I am glad you see what you did was wrong!
Lady Vader yes its true you dont often see jedi and sith helping each other out. But remember this wasnt an atttack against a sith. It was an attack against a poster! A person! this was something that has effects on him in real life. And any time that happens I expect to see EVERYONE comming to support them no matter what side of the force they rollplay on! I am glad to see everyone supporting not Itala but Julian on this one!

Atreyu
May 28th, 2000, 07:35:01 PM
I'm a former admin I can't see why Boricua should be banned for this - he only posted a link and he thought he wasn't doing anything wrong. I did a similar thing with a GL article last year. Just let it go.

Darth Turbogeek
May 28th, 2000, 08:48:41 PM
No. Putting the link up was ill advised and he has apologied to Itala, that will be enough

But I'm going to make a point.

The person who originally built the page presumes they can stay safely anonymous.

I can assure you, nothing can be further from the truth. You can be found out. Let me describe how....

1) All ISP keep traffic logs. So does Angelfire. On that log is the IP address of the person who requested the URL and out up the page. They also time and date it.

2) Using the time and date and the IP, tracert back to the originating ISP. They also keep logs of all accesses. And also userids, crosslinked to those logs. And telphone numbers of access.

I wish to point out that you are NOT anonymous on the net, even so called anonymous proxies are easy to trace back and through. Other well known methods like IP spoofing or gobetweens can be found out and real origins found.

In conclusion, your every footstep on the web is tracked. DONT do something stupid like this web page creator, it's too easy to be found out.

If you dont like someone,keep it to the BG, because this is supposed to be a game.

Calhemia Cutta
May 28th, 2000, 09:06:00 PM
If anyone needs a lit help, my little brother is a hacker. I know that's not good, but in this case, he may be able to get some clues if you need. I'd need the site addy, but this is probably a last resort type of thing. Let me know. I think that is totally cruel on what happened.

Princess Ami
May 28th, 2000, 09:36:00 PM
Thrawn...you little @#%$!

verse dawnstrider
May 28th, 2000, 09:43:08 PM
never got a chance to see the site!!!!!!! I want to see how bad it is. I dont know how a site can bring around this much trouble.

The Lounge Lizard
May 28th, 2000, 09:46:27 PM
I saw it...it wasn't that terrible. I have seen far worse things happen in my year here...so I'm not phased, and if I know Itala, I doubt he will be either.

Calhemia Cutta
May 28th, 2000, 09:48:14 PM
Ditto. It must have been real bad.

Bounty Hunter Dreyas
May 28th, 2000, 11:00:43 PM
Could someone please explain it in english by emailing me or something? I would hate for them to post such an offensive url here but I like to be informed jst as anybody else.

ReaperFett
May 29th, 2000, 08:22:44 AM
what do you mean Ami? Did Thrawn do it?