PDA

View Full Version : Dark Fury 10 Part II - all who read, pls comment

Darth Turbogeek
May 30th, 2000, 10:55:38 PM
Tattooine. It was a place that if it wasn’t for events, would have continued to have orbited it’s twin suns, parched and dusty, far from anything, a haven for smugglers and other illegals in their grimy towns and bars. Instead, the home planet of the Skywalkers, it had gotten a place in history and it was one of the most well known planets in the Galaxy. Still a version of Hell with it’s twin suns basting anything, waterless and brutal to exist on, it had something most would have never thought to be possible – a tourist trade of sorts. However, going past the major cities and spaceports, the place was probably rougher that it was in the times Luke Skywalker had come there.

But some things never change. The cantina had the same type of decrepit scum and villainy, the barkeep was just as shabby and the band still wailed out the same type of music. It was enough to bring a smile to the old man’s face as he sat in the corner that he had met Han Solo so long ago….a brash and reckless youth, wanting out from the daily grind of moisture farms, wanting to fly away and visit every star he could.

I wonder if I would have been so keen if I knew what the fuure had in store for me, he said to himself. The battles, the hardships…..

Finding out Darth Vader was his father. Losing his hand. Being electrocuted by Palpatine.

Finding Mara. Bringing Anakin back to the Light Side. Restarting and rebuilding the Jedi Order.

All in all he considered he would do it all again. But almost thankful, his part was over and he could just spend his last years in the home that was once Ben Kenobi’s, with his wife Mara. True peace he had found and for once he treasured it greatly.

“Master”

Skywalker looked up to see several cloaked figures. His senses told him they were mainly Jedi, with a few of the new Sith that were appearing in the last few years. He waved for them to be seated at the table and waved for the barkeep to bring some drinks.

Rmaio sat down, shook back the hood that had concealed his face. He lookedaround as the other ones that had been asked to come here with him did the same, the Jedi Figrin D’An, Siber Tiger and Obiwan2 with obvious expectation in meeting Luke Skywalker himself, the Sith, Lady Mara Jade, Rama Sha and Vengance apprehensive at doing the same. It was leading to an interesting mix of emotions…..

“Good evening Master Skywalker. It is indeed a pleasure to meet you once again. May I introduce to you, Jedi Masters Figrin D’An, Siber Tiger and Obiwan2. They have been waiting to greet you for a long time”

Skywalker greeted the Jedi in turn, a brief conversation to begin to know these Jedi, whom he had never met nor ever trained - Rmaio had indeed done well in leading the Jedi.

“Who are your other friends, Rmaio? Have I ever had the pleasure of meeting these ones?”

That bought out a laugh from Rmaio. “Doubtful Master. May I introduce Lady Mara Jade, Rama Sha and Vengance of the Sith Empire.”

“Good evening to you as well” The Sith just seemed to get more uncomfortable, which if Figrin was forced to admit, he was quietly enjoying. It wasn’t everyday you meet a legend, especially one who had battled and defeated others like you – the Sith must have been wondering how long it would be before Skywalker tried to kill them. The Sith kept there hands close to their weapons, edgy and uneasy, while the Jedi were relaxed. Well, I guess I would be edgy too if I ever met Plapatine he thought.

“I was expecting one other. Where is he Rmaio?” asked Skywalker

“Venom? He wont be joining us Master. He’s got other things on his mind now”

“Pity… I had a few fights with him. Most capable. I had much hoped to see him again”

“Who in blazes is this Venom?” hissed Rama to Vengance

“Be blown if I know Rama. Never heard of that one before” hissed back Vengance. Mara looked at them both to be silent. She too wondered who this Venom was and why Skywalker was so interested in him. She resettled as to pay more attention to the Jedi.

“Now Rmaio, I got your message to meet me here. What is this all about? I bet the scum that inhabit this place are no doubt somewhat concerned about a New Republic war fleet orbiting the planet and the presence of the entire Jedi Knights as well”

“Callista, Master Skywalker.”

Skywalker leaned back, hand on chin, becoming deep in thought. “Callista…. Now there is a name I have not heard in a long time….a long time. Tell me Rmaio, what concerns you so much that it would lead you out this far into the Outer Rim?”

Rmaio told the story of the resurgance of Callista, with some notes from the other Jedi and Sith. When he had finished, Skywalker leaned forward. “I feared much this could happen. She claimed she could not touch the Light Side and I saw that if that was true, only evil would she bring. Now I see it in your faces she indeed embraced the Dark Side totally”

“Nothing wrong with that Jedi. The Dark Side makes us strong” sneered Rama

“Much wrong with that Sith, but we are not here to argue the merits or otherwise of our respective power. We are here to discuss a mutual problem that affects us all – she would seek your destruction too Sith, maybe even first” replied Skywalker. Rama shot Skywalker a look of hate, but was silent.

“This I think is the wrong place to discuss this further. Do you have transport? Then we go back to my home. There are no overalert ears to hear what we will discuss” Rmaio nooded and with Skywalker flipping a coin to the barkeep, the group began to walk out.

“Stay back a bit Rmaio and walk with me. Is your transport far?” asked Skywalker

“Not too far, but far enough we need to walk for a few minutes. Is there something you wanted to discuss quietly?”

“Yes there is. Why didn’t Turbogeek come with you?”

“He felt that he should stay on board and protect Shay and Dez”

A frown creased Skywalker’s face. “Are you certain that is the only reason?”

“No, but he is still incapacitated from the blaster shot he got in the back. Maybe he feels he would be of no use to us.”

“That I don’t believe either. You know quite well the Force can heal that quicker than this. I feel he is up to something and that worries me.”

“What would he do Master? He has been nothing but a Jedi since he came to you and I feel no deception in him”

“I know not Rmaio, but be guarded. There is a disturbance in the Force centred around him and that has me concerned. Be on your guard Rmaio, lest he does something”

“Surely he wont betray us and become what he once was again?”

“I wish I knew my friend. Uncertain the future is right now, most uncertain.”

They walked in silence until they reached the transport, where the whole group boarded and departed for Skywalkers home. All the way there Ramio felt that there was indeed something wrong, badly wrong now. He search through the Force but only got shadows and half hints… then he saw it. A small ship crashed and two bodies inside – Shay and Turbogeek, apparently dead. A vision of the future? Whatever it was, it signalled a new twist not forseen.

What did it mean?

--

The search for Paladin was not going well. The four groups, Jedi, Sith, Imperials and Black Sun had fanned out, each of them searching for leads in their own ways. The Jedi were undercover, doing mind scans and asking questions. The Sith were more direct. They formed squads and intimidated the patrons of bars and cantinas, by walking in and beating up the local heavies. The Imperials still had the codes for the Governor’s residence and the access codes for the main computers – They pulled a raid and grabbed a core dump. The Black Sun, with Prince Xizor leading them would visit their agents and spies for situation updates.

For the co-ordinators of the search for either Paladin or Callista, there was zero results. Sure, there were those that knew of both, but none knew where they were. Despite the best resources of the Galaxy, Tattooine was looking like the proberbial needle in a haystack.

Royally pissed off by his day of no results, an esasperated Bromine sat on a bench, eating a pallie and wondering what to do next.

“You want to hire hunter?”

The voice surprised Bromine. He had felt the approach of no being and as he turned, to some respects he was relived when he saw the speaker was some sort of droid. Large, green, heavily armed and armoured, it bristled menace. And more important, barely detectible in the Force, which explained why he had not sensed it’s approach. Still….

“DO you know who I am? Do you know what happens to those who try to sneak up on me?”

“You are Bromine, the mad Sith Lord. You are armed with a double bladed sabre, come from Coruscant and have been asking questions about a person I know as Gerorgi Paladin and a person called Callista who comes here. I did not try to sneak up on you, I did sneak up on you. I ask again, do you wish to hire hunter?”

Bromine was feeling a bit sandbagged by this droid. He had been walking around all day and this droid just appears and can answer his questions? No….by the sounds of it, this machine had been following him and knew what he wanted. Now, what was this about hire a hunter?

“Who are you and what is it I can hire?

The droid replied in it’s odd metallic tones. “I am Bounty Hunter Dreyas. I noted your questions and I sought you out on the chance you may wish to hire me to find either of the two you wish to seek. If you do wish to hire, my price is 25,000 creidts in advance and 25,000 for finding either.”

“50,000?!?!? I could buy the damn planet they are on for that! What makes you think I would want to hire a misguided junkpile for such a sum?”

“Because I know where your quarry is. 45,000 is my next offer”

Ahhhh, he wishes to barter thought Bromine. But I don’t have time for this….but what if what he says is true and it does know where Paladin or Callista is? Wouldn’t the money save a great deal of trouble and time no-one had?

“Okay Hunter. If you know and can lead us to them, 27,000”

“You insult me Sith. 41,000”

The bartering crossed back and forth for a while until a sum of 35,000 was agreed to. Bromine called up to the battleships to arrange 10,000 in advance the Bounty Hunter wanted. When it was finalised, he turned to the mechanical hunter

“Okay Dreyas, we have paid. Now where is Callista and where is Paladin?”

The droid motioned Bromine to walk arcoss to a dooway. “Come in here Sith. We will not be disturbed in this place and we will be well guarded by my fellow hunters.” Dreyas walked through the now open door and Bromine, hand on sabre followed.

“I hope your not going to try anything Hunter.” Warned Bromine

“The Bounty Hunters Guild is not that stupid Lord Bromine. We deal honourably with those who pay us and we execute those in our ranks who do not follow likewise. We will not betray you”

They came into a small room, where a single hunter, dressed in Mandalorian armour and looking uncomfortably like Boba Fett, stood in the corner, blaster drawn and aimed at the two entering figures. When he saw who it was, he raised his blaster, but Bromine could tell via the Force this one was on a hair trigger response and would not hesitate to shoot.

Closing the door, Dreyas turned to Bromine. “This is my associate, Pracid Trip. He also knows where Paladin is, in fact he is the one who found out”

This was interesting news for Bromine. So, the Bounty Hunter Guild were keeping tabs on Paladin? Interesting

“Pracid Trip already has a bounty for Paladin’s head to be delivered to the Hutts. In fact, he is our biggest scalp we are hunting at present. So, you may say we have a vested interest in knowing his whereabouts. So…. Here it is” Dreyas pulled out a datapad and handed it to Bromine.

“What’s this, may I ask?”

The present real-time co-ordinates of Paladin’s ship. He has been at the planet called Harrvi for three days now and has shown no sign of moving. We believe the Vog’on may have already captured him or even killed”

Harrvi? Vog’on? What?

“Don’t take me for a fool Hunters. I know quite well that Harrvi and the Vog’on are a scare story…. “ Bromine trailed off as he noticed Dreyas shake his head and Pracid Trip’s sense change to that of indignation. If anything, the subtle change in Trip did more to convince Bromine the Hunters were telling the truth

“No. No way. How can this be true? How can you vouch for what you say?” asked Bromine, shock and surprise growing

Pracid Trip, his voice snarling replied “Because I idin’t believe the tales either until I followed Paladin to the planet myself. I had gotten far enough to plant a homing beacon on Paladi’s ship when I was attacked by a Vog’on. If it was not for my training as a Jedi and the fact I carry a sabre still, I would be dead. Instead, I was injured and barely made it off the planet before I was overwhelmed. Oh, they are real all right Master Sith. And I suspect you are going to need all the forces you can muster to defeat even a handful of Vog’on. Hope to the Force more don’t exist, because I very much fear you will face a planetful of them”

Bromine contemplated this

“Dreyas, how much he agree to pay us?”

“35,000. For Paladin and Callista”

“Good deal. Master Sith, Callista is also on a planet in the Unknown regions we have the location too. I think you will find her armies a good deal easier to battle against”

Bromine was somewhat puzzled by this “Why do you tell me where Callista is? Why should we not go after Paladin first?”

“Because a dead client is no good to us. If there are as may Vog’on as I suspect, then you will not survive to pay us”

“Oh? And you will?”

“We are not stupid, Master Sith. We would either wait for Paladin to leave Harrvi if he lives and nab him in space or allow those things to kill him and just find proof of his death and collect. We are not ones for all out assaults”

Good point acknowledged Bromine silently. Still, surely the Vog’on were not that bad…were they? “How do you know where Callista is?” asked Bromine, changing the subject.

“One of our number was tailing a bounty and came across her location. He managed to send the location and details of her strength before we presume he was caught. We have not heard anything since then” said Dreyas. “Now Lord Sith, would you have us come with you or would you have us hunt either bounty down ourselves?”

“Come with us, I think would be more appropriate” The hunters nodded and followed Bromine out the door. When he got to the street, he stopped….something didn’t feel right. Bromine looked up and down the street, noting the crowds, the alien bodies of all shapes and sizes….

And one quite incredible disturbance in the Force, coming closer. Prcid Trip, with his Jedi training noticed it too and pressed back into the shadows. Noting the other two’s sudden caution, Dreyas also melted into the shadows, quite a feat for a huge green droid and impressing Bromine. The disturbance came closer…. And then three reptiles, clawed hands and stingers on their tails walked past. Their presence in the Force repelled Bromine, almost making him wince. One of beasts seemed to turn and look straight at the Sith, but did not break stride and carried in ton in the direction the three were going in. A muted snarl come from one and they turned a corner and out of sight….but still their effect on the Force lingered for longer.

“By the Force…what in the burning hells were those things?” whispered Bromine

“Those my friend are the Vog’on. And I’m going in the opposite direction to those things” said a shaky sounding Pracid Trip.

“What are they doing here then?”

“Ask them if you’re that curious. Just don’t expect an answer before they kill you”

Bromine had to admit, he was spooked. He had heard about these Vog’on horrific tales, but had always presumed they were a tale. Seeing the Vog’on in the flesh….that changed everything. And made that one question much more important…. What were they doing here?

He decided to find out one thing – just how good they were. He took out a signal unit and entered some codes

“So, what now? We go find Callista for you?” asked Dreyas

“Soon. I firstly want to see something…..” and with that, Bromine moved in the direction that the Vog’on went. Looking at Dreyas, Pracid Trip shrugged his shoulders. “He’s the one paying us. If he wants to die, that’s his problem”

“It’s our problem till we do the job and he pays the final bill. Come on, I want to find out what this Sith is going to do”. The two Bounty Hunters began to move behind Bromine, about twenty paces back…. Close enough to observe, but far enough away to run if needed.

And run was exactly what Pracid intended to do if the Vog’on came after Bromine….money or no money, Pracid’s first rule was to stay alive himself. Money was no good to him if he weren’t around to spend it.

--

“The Sithhhhh. He followssss usssss”

“Do not worryyyyyy. He meansssss only to test usssssss. Hissss thoughtsssss give him awayyyyy”

“How? Battle usssss?”

“We shall seeeeeee. Stop at the next crossroad, forceeee hissss handdd”

--

Four Jedi stood at a crossroads, watching the pedestrians and also wondering what they should be doing next. They had been scanning beings feelings, thoughts and listening all day, but all they had were vague hints as to Callista and a few more for Paladin, but none of worth. Boricua mopped his brow, sweaty in the fierce Tattooine heat and dirty from it’s grimy roads. Master Yogurt stood at their front, with Garik Loran and Lounge Lizard to the rear. All of them were feeling tired and looking forward to a good meal.

Garik suddenly looked puzzled. “Hey, do you feel that disturbance in the Force?”

LL also frowned “Sort of….indistinct”

“Well whatever it is, it gets closer to us” said Boricua.

The four Jedi moved to a accessway and made subtle moves to get ready for whatever was coming. It certainly didn’t feel like Sith, but instead a different kind of evil. Slightly nervous, Garik readied his lightsabre. They waited.

Boricua, his natural height giving him an advantage saw them first. Three lizard like beings, clawed hands, spiked tail. Walking in a triangle formation, oozing menace and making the citizens move out of their way. The Dark Side practically screamed around them, filling the immediate vicinity with a dark blanket of pure evil

“What the @#%$….is that!?!?!” murmured LL.

Yogurt couldn’t answer. He was too fascinated to see the beasts stop and turn slightly away from the Jedi, also analysing them to the smallest detail. So, were these the Vog’on? Were they also looking for Paladin, or were they running some sort of errant for Callista?

--

“Jediiiiii are nearrrr”

“Let themmmm watchhhhh. We willlllll deallll with them laterrrrr”

--

Bromine peeked around the corner and was fascinated to see the Vog’on had stopped and the dezins of the place were steering well clear. The Vog’on were in a tight group and were looking straight from where Broine’s little surprise was going to come from. Interesting. So they had a well tuned danger sense – well lets see how well it worked. He pressed a button

--

The droid came at the Vog’on, fast and hard. It was a sparring droid, but ihad been modified by Bromine to carry not only a lightsabre, but a personal shield to make it far more difficult to fight against. It swung it’s sabre, detecting via it’s many elctronic sensors that the Vog’on had moved out of range. It chose the closest Vog’on to attack. The Vog’on snarled, ducked the sabre and counterattacked, smashing at the droid with a powerful tailswipe. The shield stopped the blow and allowed the droid time to attack again, this time to the exposed back of theVog’on.

The droid exploded into pieces as claw fist ripped it’s inards apart, sending metal fragments flying. Somehow, the Vog’on had manouvered the droid in such a way to create a gap into it’s defences and stuck back. The smoke cleared and the Vog’on could be seen, looking about.

A blaster shot rang out, hitting a Vog’on cleanly in the chest. A small fire balzed for a second on it’s chest, until with a guttral scream, the Vog’on accelerated and slapped a tail cleanly through the droid that shot it. More droids came and met with similar fates. Pieces of metal flew as the Vog’on cut and slashed the attackers to shreds.

No more droids attacked them

“Theyyy are finishedddd playing gamesss?”

“Yesssss. Leave them to thinkkkkk off our effectivenesssssss”

The Vog’on walked away, leaving nothing but twisted wreckage

--

The Jedi were speechless. They wandered forward to examine the Vog’on handiwork, disbelief at the cold display of strength and fighting skill the monsters exhibited. Bromine too wandered forward, hardly daring to believe his eyes either. Dreyas and Pracid Trip stayed back, Pracid giving Dreays a I told you so look.

“No @#%$ing way. Even a Force user would be hard pressed to do this!” exclaimed Garik Loran

“For once in my life, I am forced to agree with a Jedi, as much as it hurts. This was impressive” said Bromine, picking up the remains of a droid head.

“if this is the Vog’on that that Venom told you about Yog, no wonder he could not defeat them. I doubt we could face more than two at a time” said Boricua

“Where in the force did such creatures come to being? And how could they have been hidden for so long?” wondered Yogurt.

For that no-one had an answer. Only lots more questions.

--

“I think we startleddddd themmmmm”

“Good. Lets seeeeee of our warningggg willlllll be enoughhhhh to stop them meddlingggg.”

“Doubtfullll. But we musst continueeee in our searchhhhhh anywaysssss. Callista said we couldddddd findddddd what we wanttttt in the wastelandsssssss”

“Let usssss not wasteeeeee timeeee then. Callll the othersssss, have them meettttt usssss on the edge of the wastessssss”

--

Paladin felt like he had been running ever since he had first encountered the beasts. He was exhausted, his food was running out and he was afraid he was going mad. Mad, dead, hardly mattered as long as those….things didn’t find him. He was at present hiding deep inside one of the buildings that made the ruins on Harrvi, with several barricades in place to stop whatever the hell had killed Phararii and had forced him to run for his life. The lightsabre he had found was now fully charged and waiting at his hip, after the had gathered his courage and raided his ship for some more rechargers. Two blasters and several other weapons he held on his person and also a personal distress beacon he was once long ago given.

He still could remember the words the tall man said to the then child he was “When your in the deepest trouble, trigger this and help will come for you”. Well, he was in the deepest of deep @#%$ now, so he guessed it was a good time to trigger the beacon. Setting it down on a ruined table, near where a light had been placed, he set the small device up, then adding a plea for help and describing the monsters on this place, Paladin touched the small “send” key. It beeped once and in a brief moment flashed it signal outwards to it’s recipient, whoever it was. Paladin was beyond caring now. He just wanted out from this hellhole.

He sat down and waves of exhaustion attacked him. How long had he gone without sleep? 3? 4? Days? How long had he fled, looking for safety? How many of these…things had he either battled or avoided? Well, that one he could answer. A small scratch on the sabre counted for each monster he had managed to kill, mainly by sheer luck, but two with a touch of skill from the weapon he was starting to learn the abilities of.

It was indeed an odd weapon, this lightsabre. Difficult to control, but utterly lethal, more so than the blasters he had trusted to be his protection for years. I can see why the Jedi use this thing he thought. Knowing how to use it must make you nearly invincible! How I wish I was truly Jedi, then I could even deflect blaster fire!

He exhaustion was overtaken to a degree with excitement, thinking of all the things he could do with the sabre. Why, he could even roll into the Hutt’s palace and turn the tables on them – no more Bounty Hunters trailing him, no siree! Slightly cheered up, he reconnected the sabre to his belt and rechecked that all was secure. He desperately needed sleep and he just had to get it now, so he had set up some of the barricades with thermal detonators to really add to the surprise. Finally certain nothing could get in without him knowing, he settled onto the makeshift bed, near a small heating device. The room was becoming quite snug and the warmth was combining with the exhaustion to make Paladin’s eyes incredibly heavy. He lay down and despite the concernes, was asleep almost immediately. Before he his mind fled into sleep he wondered…who would answer the beacon? Could it even be Jedi?

A last vision, of a dark person, sabre blazing and utter fury in its face, hell bent on slaughter came unbidden into Paladin’s mind, but before he could wonder about this evil vision, his mind collapsed into unconciousness.

Paladin’s signal beamed through the holonet, adding destination and origin headers to the meassge payload. The encryption key scrambled the message, so that no other than the intended recipient could reand it’s contents. Across New Republic holo networks it searched for a marker that would lead it to the right person in the right spot. Finally, at a signal post for at Coruscant, it found what it was looking for. A quick bounce off the repeater and it fled to the waiting warship, billions of lightyears away, orbiting over Tattooine. It had taken all of two seconds to cross a galaxy via the hypersparial comms networks.

A light on the console alerted a message officer a priority alert for someone had come in. He scanned the message, saw the message body was encrypted with a private key, but the message header clearly stated who it was for. He downloaded it onto a datapad, signalled for a ensign to come over and told the junior officer to deliver the pad as a matter of priority. The Ensign saluted and ran off. The cooms officer simply turned and kept monitoring for messages. Whatever th message was, it was not of his concern

--

Rama’s Corner was far quieter than usual, with only a few Sith who had come back from Tattooine sitting a t one of the tables, quietly discussing an unsuccessful day. At the other end of the bar, a lone Jedi Master sipped on his hot chocolate. Turbogeek was still on the servochair, so the Sith, who hadn’t been told he was aboard, just presumed it was just that cripple who seems to hang around this bar.

Turbogeek relaxed a bit, knowing Shay and Dez were safe, under guard in the Jedi quarters. He had sneaked off for a quick drink and hopefully to catch some sleep for a bit too. He looked in the far distance and so with his mind unattendful and unfocused, he didn’t notice the comms ensign draw close to him.

“Sir. Priority message for you” Turbogeek looked in mild surprise – who knew he was here? – and waved for the ensign to leave. One of the Sith at the other table, Darth Lynch looked in puzzlement “Hey, a message ensign just gave that cripple what looked to be a priority sginal. What you suppose it could be?”

The other Sith looked non committal and just continued drinking. “Who cares?” said Unknown Gamer, voicing the general opinion of the table. Grunts of agreement followed. Darth Lynch shrugged and als went back to his drink.

Turbogeek rifled through his code lists and found the correct decrypt code – hmmm, old one – and unlocked the message body. It slowly scrolled upwards, with DT looking on in stunned amazement…he got to the final line, saw who signed it.

Gregori Paladin.

@#%$. He had given Paladin this very same code 6 years ago, when he was someone different. That meant Paladin was in deep trouble. He reread the message and realised what the monsters were that Paladin described and had him cornered.

No. Please, anything but them. But no, the message described the Vog’on clearly. Too clearly. Deep buried memories came back, of a world consumed with hate and fury. Memories of the horror of a populace destroyed without mercy. The feelings of hopelessness and anger as he had watched and could do nothing about it.

And of a mother holding two children, crying for mercy as one of the Vog’on came to kill her and her children.

Something in him gave way, a huge dam of pain and utter deep seated fury. At himself for not being able to stop the Vog’on the first time around. At Callista for unleashing the Vog’on in the first place.

But finally at a Galaxy cruel enough to allow this suffering to take place all over again.

The anger in him billowed up and overflowed. A Jedi Master he was, but the sheer power of his rage was too much for the calm he usually had. It flowed over and the Dark Side came howling at him. For the first time in a long time, he gave in to his anger and it exploded through his system. He got up slowly from the servochair and like a gathering storm glowered at the bar. The fury built up in waves, wanting release.

“AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!” The table he was at crumbled into splinters as he attacked it with fists and feet. Pieces flew across the bar ans startled patron looked over at the cyclone of anger that had been unleashed in their midst. Most surprised of all were the Sith. Mainly apprentices this group were, but they could still clearly identify the power of the Dark Side. Darth Lynch looked in confusion, for he suddenly identified the now not so cripple.

“It’s Turbogeek!”

The other Sith, Unknown Gamer, Darth Havok, Princess Ami and Ayamani Rai all looked up to see the end of the outburst and a snarling Turbogeek in the midst of the table rubble.

“I wonder what set this off?” pondered UG

“Who cares. That Jedi has grown a brain and has discovered the power of the Dark Side!” exclaimed Ami

Turbogeek heard this remark. With burning eyes, he slowly turned to the group of five and with menace lurking in each step, came over to the group.

“Oh oh. I think this means trouble” muttered Lynch

“Who cares. We are Sith, we can beat one stupid Jedi!” said Ami

Waves of pure fury rolled off the Jedi Master as he arrived at the table. “Do. You. Say. Something?” he snarled through clenched teeth. Ami’s bravado dissolved in the face of the anger she now witnessed. Suddenly, she wasn’t so sure if this Jedi was stupid at all.

“N-n-n-n-no s-s-s-s-sir”

“I think you did”

With incredible speed, the table the Sith were at was flung aside, hitting Havok and Ayamani on the way past. Lynch and UG carefully backed away from Ami, who seemed to be the centre of DT’s rather alarming anger. DT advanced on Ami, who was now slowly backing away and rather suddenly hoping a lighting bolt would come from nowhere and stop this mad Jedi

“Hey! You leave Ami alone or Ogre smash you!” Darth Ogre, battleaxe in hand had entered the bar and had seen the situation he was intensely brave, so this Jedi didn’t worry him. The Jedi didn’t turn, but make a rude gesture.

“Okay, I take that as no. OGRE SMASH!!” With that, Ogre attacked and equally fast, DT whirled around, avoided the axe slash and smashed Ogre across the room with a side kick powerful enough to dent hull plate. Ogre skidded to a stop, wincing in pain as then yelping as a shelf tottered and crashed on his head. The other Sith backed away a bit more, all of them going for their sabres. Ami did too, almost shaking as her blade appeared. Turbogeek kept coming and Ami lunged forward, putting all of the energy and hate into the stroke…

And froze in shock as somehow, somehow the sabre appeared in DT’s hands and the tip was almost touching her eyebrows. She hardly realised he had moved in close enough to pull such a trick as leveraging the sabre out of her palms and couldn’t believe he was skilled enough to do it. She carefully backed a bit, but Turbogeek lunged a bit more forward. Oh, by the Force she could feel the energy of the blade singe her eyebrows!

Unknown Gamer saved her. He had sneaked up on the Jedi and had slashed at his back. Turbogeek was forced to defend himself, which gave her the time to run for cover. She had been close enough to death for one night. UG faced off the Jedi, both sabres humming and snarling as the blades interlocked, sizzling sparks and flashes of light as the sabres twirled. UG felt the wild rage in him take control as he attacked and attacked again. He wanted the Jedi to retreat, but DT stood his ground, determined not to give up a single inch. After a few more blows, it seemed DT’s timing and footwork was too slow and UG seized the opportunity to cut off DT’s head.

“Ugggggggghhhh……..” Gamer realised it was a setup and it left him open for a vicious snap kick to the groin, which lifted him a metre off the ground. UG dropped his sabre in pain and strated to keel over as the throbbing agony immobilised his body. DT took in the sight and then did a backfist strike to UG’s jaw, knocking the Sith out.

“Okay, which one of you scum is next?”

Havok looked at Lynch, then at Ayamani Rai. The others were fired up and wanting to beat the snot out of this Jedi. 3 against 1, he could not survive those odds! They all attacked as a co-ordinated group, all three with sabres lit. Turbogeek didn’t hesitate. He moved backwards into a corner, effectively disarming the mass attack. The Sith hardly noticed as they continued to attack. The saw the Jedi was hard pressed to defend himself and they increased the ferocity of their attack, whipping their sabres to claim Jedi blood.

They all stopped at the same instant as DT suddenly had a Thermal Detonator in one hand and the sabre in the other. A hideous grim crossed the Jedi’s face as the Sith cautiously backed away, the ominous beeping of the detonator the only noise. Where in the name of the Force did he get that thing? Havok wondered. And was he serious in using it? He would die as well if he did, surely this Jedi wasn’t that crazy?

Later thinking from his hospital bed, Havok realised the Jedi wasn’t that crazy. He had used the Detonator to buy time and then with the Force, begin to throw chairs and tables. The Sith tired to cover themselves, also cutting to pieces the flying furnishings, but to Havok’s wonder, DT put away the detonator and the sabre. The Sith tried to advance through the hail of wood and steel, trying to get at the Jedi. Turbogeek just kept throwing items and then unleash Force lightning on all the Sith. Havok could hardly believe it, a Jedi using a Sith trick? As he tried to stop a second wave of energy, a wood railing knocked out Havok and he thankfully didn’t see what happened next.

Ayamani tried her best to attack back desperately. She tried to throw objects back, but she was too weak from the continued energy waves, frying her skin and forcing her to her knees in pain. She could almost feel her eyeballs boil with heat as she screamed for the Jedi to stop. He did, but only to kick her onto the ground, then to pin her with a sabre through the shoulder.

Oh @#%$, that was sadistic and highly Dark Jedi-like, not something you would expect a Jedi Master to do thought Lynch. He too could hardly move in pain and so he could do nothing as DT moved to where Ami was. She tried her best, but the Sith apprentice was no match for now seemed to Lynch to be a full blown Dark Warrior, fury and anger coming in waves from what Lynch could only presume was now an ex-Jedi. Ami was disarmed and then in sheer horror he watched as Turbogeek picked up a wooden railing and begin to lay into Ami, the horrible thumps of flesh and wood sending shivers down Lynch’s back. He yelled a challenge to Turbogeek and desperately ran over to help Ami out…

The medics got there just a few minutes later, to see what seemed like a war zone. Several patrons were injured, with the worst seeming to be Darth Lynch, beaten to a bloodied mess and Ami, who had several bones broken. But the trail of broken bodies didn’t end there. Anyone who had stepped into the Jedi’s path was hurt in some way, burnt or beaten. Grand Admiral Lyle had signalled a ship wide alert for what now seemed to a Jedi gone crazy. Broken bodies and droids littered the halls, the medics had their hands full with new damage reports coming all over the ship. The guards were tripled and everyone who could had a drawn blaster, knowing quite well how little that would matter to a Jedi Master on destroy misson. All anyone really hoped was to be as far away from Turbogeek as possible.

Turbogeek himself had reigned in his temper enough to think straight. Knowing quite well that the ships forces – and maybe even the Jedi – would have been alerted, he took to the shows, moving with utter stealth to his destination, the room where Shay Kaylon was in. He quietly hotwired the lock and let himself in.

Shay was talking to a Sith, whom DT remembered as being called DarthMaulKid. He choked back his anger for a moment and put on a serious look.

“Master Turbogeek” You’re out of your servochair! Oh I’m so glad to see you walking!”

DT inwardly smiled. “Thankyou Shay, but there is no time to lose. Pack your most important things and follow me. We need to be off this ship within 5 minutes”

Shay looked puzzled. “Why?”

“The situation has changed Shay, trust me, we are both in grave danger if we stay here. Quick, do as I say and pack”

Shay, puzzled but obeying totally the Jedi Master she trusted totally, she had a backpack filled and ready to go in two minutes. She said goodbye to DarthMaulKid and exited the room with DT. She looked up fondly at the now grim faced Jedi, her heart sinking as she read the look on his face. All seriousness …and something else she couldn’t place. Fear? Sadness? Loniness? She gulped down a suddenly dry throat. Whatever was causing this, it must be bad. I wonder if it has anything to do with the alarms going off right now?

Dt began to run. She tried to keep up, but DT was moving too fast. She almost cried out for DT to wait, but he didn’t give her the opportunity. He picked her up and then engaged Force Speed, almost leaving skid marks on the ground with his pace.

Oh dear she thought. This really IS serious.

--

The monitors on the bridge of the ISD showed the various search parties as they spread out to find the Jedi. It was utter pandemonium as officers barked orders, reports came in and soldiers rushed to defend critical systems. In it all, Grand Admiral Lyle stood still, hands behind his back as he pondered what to do next. Certainly, Turbogeek would try to get off the ship, it also seemed like the best way to lure the Jedi into an encirclement and force him to surrender. An alert had gone out to the Jedi and Sith forces on the planet below and already two groups were hurrying back to help out. Lyle glanced down at a screen, showing a group of twenty soldiers searching a hold area, moving with great care with weapons set to hair trigger. Lyle personally doubted the Jedi would go to ground, but you never knew. Lyle had ordered scanning of all ventilation shafts increased and auto blasters stationed with troops at the hanger bays to stop exits that way. The blast doors to places like the computer core were in place and guards stationed there with orders to check in every minute with backup only 30 seconds away. Elite units protected the bridge, while Lyle himself carried his rarely used sabre. More reinforcements had been signalled to arrive ASAP form the other warships. All around, there was feelings of anxiety and stress, wondering where the Jedi would strike out next. Lyle continued to pace the bridge, deep in thought until an ensign, breathing heavily ran up to the Admiral. He stopped and bowed, still panting. Lyle nodded for the young officer to speak.

“Sir… I found this datapad in the cantina where this started. I though you would need to look at it”

Lyle nodded and the datapad was handed over. The message was still blinking on the pad and more more Lyle read the more he felt the galaxy sucked away from under his feet

“To whom receives this message. You are charged under New Republic act AS341138 to provide assistance to the Son of Turbogeek at the co-ordinates given in the transport header of this message. Do not delay.”

Lyle read on, realising there were two separate messages

“Please come. I am surrounded by monsters I don’t know and I am holed up in a bunker at the planetary co-ordinates below. I do nnot expect to survive, but please come in case I can hold out that long. You’re my only hope”

Lyle looked up slowly, a very bad feeling kneeding his guts into painful knots. Turbogeek had as son?

“Did you show this to anyone else Ensign?” ask Lyle

“No sir. I was the only one to read it. I realised it’s importance and conveyed it to you directly, Sir”

“You silence has won you a promotion Lieutenant. Go back to the cantina and lok for more evidence. See to it you remain silent about the contents of this pad until further notice”

The newly minted Lieutenant, bowed and left the bridge. Lyle, the pad in hand and a thoughtful expression on his face looked outwards at the scurry of people. He came to a decision quickly.

“Captain, pull out all guards around the hangars, but not before you place homing beacon on all the ships able to carry passengers. If anyone sees Turbogeek, do not approach him and do not challenge him unless he attacks first. If he boards a ship, allow it to take off. Understood?”. The Captain looked puzzled, but one look from Lyle and he obeyed without question. Lyle turned and headed for his private comms bay. He looked at a sheet of paper in his pocket and carefully entering the comm. Code and the encryption key to prevent eavesdroppers, he called Rmaio, who was at that time at the Skywalkers home

“Rmaio. What going on Lyle? We heard a report over the channel that DT had busted up a bar. Can you confirm?”

“Yes I can and more. You will be receiving a report on the situation and also a transmission Turbogeek received that seems to have sparked this whole thing off. Lyle out”

The data transmission light flared as the package went straight to Rmaio. Lyle leaned back in his chair, pondering the now quite amazing situation – wondering what Turbogeek’s next move would be

--

Rmaio stared at the transmission in disbelief and a growing horror. He and the others that had originally met with Skywalker were all seated at Skywalkers table, with Luke wife, Mara serving some food. The other Jedi and Sith noted Rmaio’s manner and began to grow curious.

Rmaio eventually handed the transmission to Skywalker, too stunned to speak. Luke read it, his old eyes giving nothing away

“Rmaio, what do you think?” asked Skywalker

“I …I don’t know Master. I hoped it would never happen, but it seemed it went beyond our worst imaginings.” Lady Mara Jade looked closely at Rmaio and realised with a start…he had tears on his face! What could have possibly gone this wrong? Was that rumour of Turbogeek gone mad actually true? Rmaio turned away and buried his face in his hands, unable to keep his emotions under control. Siber Tiger and Figrin D’An looked at each other. Surely not…?

Luke broke the silence. “Grand Admiral Lyle has given us word that Turbogeek has exploded into a rage and has destroyed the area known as Rama’s corner and gone on a rampage. Six of your Sith have been injured, as well as about 150 others. Reports indicate DT whereabouts is unknown as that of Shay Kaylon, who DartHMaulKid says left with DT in a hurry. A shipwide search had failed to find either of them, however a signal Turbogeek read before exploding has been found. Let’s see now….ahhh here it is. Oh…. Oh my”

Luke looked up. “Did Turbogeek have a son?”

Dumb looks is all he got. Most of them were struggling to get their head around a Jedi Master gone crazy., although Vengance did wonder if that meant Turbogeek wasn’t a virgin like he presumed he was.

“Master Skywalker, do you read the situation like I do? That DT read this message and that set him off?” asked Figrin D’An

“I do Figrin” Skywalker replied
“It’s my fault. I should have listened Master Skywalker. I should not have allowed him to he trained” moaned Rmaio.

“What are you talking about?” queried Rama Sha.

“Turbogeek was once a Dark Jedi, extraordinarily powerful” said Luke

“Yes, yes we know that. But why should you have not trained him?”

“Because he carried too much concern for things he could not control. Past events he refused to discuss ate away at him and it is only with great control he was able to suppress them. I’m afraid one such event has come back to haunt him. What I don’t understand is the extreme reaction…” said Luke.

“Is this got anything to do with that Dark Fury thing and the Vog’on?” asked Rama.

Rmaio looked up, but still away from the others. “Yes it does.” Rmaio turned, eyes red but in control again. “Dark Fury as most of you know refers to a race called the Vog’on. Turbogeek faced this race once before and it almost killed him. It also has something to do with the reason he is so protective of Shay Kaylon at the moment and may explain why he took her with him. It also has to do with Turbogeek Paladin. What, I don’t know, DT never told me. I however saw a vision in the Force that this was going to happen and it hurts to know how it has come true.”

Skywalker suddenly became authorative. “Mara, can you please take our visitors to the other room. I wish to talk with Rmaio privately”.

As the other got up, Mara Skywalker lead the others out the room. Ram aleaned close to Vengance, making sure his words were only heard by the other Sith. “You know, if Lady Mara has a butt that looks that good when she is 80, as Sskywalker’s wife does, she will be doing well”

Vengance snorted back a laugh. “Man, Skywalkers wife must have been a hot sort when she was young!” They both laughed, causing Lady Mara to turn and glare at the other two Sith. They both contained their laugher as they followed their hostess out the door. Luke waited until the others were out of earshot and sat next to Rmaio. “Rmaio, you were one of my best students and I have no wish for you to dwell on things that happen, by your own hand or others. We knew allowing Turbogeek to train was a risk, but it was worthwhile. Look at what he has done for the Jedi and the Galaxy as a whole.”

“Yes, but he could undo all that with a few blows!”

“No, I don’t believe he will. Do you remember the day he first came, carrying the two children with him?”

“How could I forget? You were on that chair when he came in unannounced”

“Even then Rmaio, I sensed what he could become. Most powerful and well taught he already was. All he needed was a tap in the right direction and he would do the rest. For, deep down he truly understood what Yoda told me so long ago… Do or Do not, there is no try. He would not give up nor would he allow complacency. He also understood the true nature of what it is to be a Jedi – to serve others and to put yourself last. Never did he seek power for himself, but only so he could be a better servant of others and of the Force. He may have learned how to fight beyond any of us, but in his mind he was fighting always for the poor, the sick, the old. It’s ingrained in him, something the Dark Side could never erase. You know how he first came to doubt what he learned as a Dark Jedi. How he could not murder in cold blood and then rejected the schemes of his mistress. That is why I may be saddened by his fall and the Jedi are much hurt by this, but I do not foresee true evil will come from it. His nature just will not allow the dark side to have what it wants of him”

“To declare himself Master of all?”

“Exactly. He cant do it. However, don’t think for a moment I am not concerned by what could happen. He will stop at nothing to save Paladin and I fear many could get hurt in the process. You know the oath he swore, it’s the closest thing to a compulsion he has”

Rmaio found he just had to agree. He knew Turbogeek well, knew his history and in fact helped hide most of it from others. But still, he just couldn’t get the doubts out of his mind, that the possibility of Darth Venom returning was just too great to allow this to slide. He was fearful of what may happen to Turbogeek and also of Shay.

Especially for Shay…why had Turbogeek taken her when she was safe on the ISD? Rmaio had little doubt Turbogeek could handle just about anything thrown at him, but Rmaio began to worry dreadfully for Shay.

No amount of soft words was going to stop that

--

The hot Tattooine suns beat down on the streets of Mois Eisley, merciless in its power. Any being with sense tended to stay out of the sun, except the ones who had compelling business. Even then, the amount of beings and their variety would always be mind boggling. Despite the distance that Tattooine was from anywhere, you could be guaranteed to see some creatures from all parts of the galaxy, no matter how rare or exotic.

Even Gungans.

The group walked down the street, following their leader, General Ceel. They gawked at the unfamiliar sights and sounds, the strange beings. Like their log departed ancestor Jar-Jar Binks, they seemed ungainly walking on land, long limbs seeming not to be totally in control. Jar-Jar may have been clumsy, but this lot weren’t. There was a watchful look about them, a poise that said they were battle hardened. Even General Ceel, who was rather overweight, had the “don’t mess with me look”

“Thisa sun, isa doing mighty bad things to our skin” said one of the gungans. All of them nodded. This place for them was a dryless sun blasted hell.

“Hey General Biga boss, where weesa going?”

“Weesa are going to see da bombad peoples for parts for our ship. Deysa thinka de heads are so beeeeg! Weesa no likem dem, but weesa have no choice. We needem parts for hyperdrive”

“Well, meesa getting hungry. We a getting der brisken munhen munchen soon?”

“We deal with a traders first. Then weesa all havem munchen munchen.”

They continued to walk down the street, the convesation pretty much the same. Most would have presumed the Gungans would be a race of primitive lifeforms, but that was far the case. Their technology was in some places far more advanced than they had been given credit for. Had they been paying more attention, they may have steered clearer of the three beasts, but one of their number, not really looking accidentally bumped one.

The Vog’on hissed in anger. “Youuuuu wantttt to dieeee?”

“Hey, meesa no likem ouch time! Meesa very sorry!” The gungan backed hastily away, but unluckily for him, Vog’ons liked to hold grudges for insanely small reasons.

“Youuuuu no like ouch timeeee? Toooo bad!!” The Vog’on opened a claw hand to strike, but he was stopped by a challenge from the rest of the Gungans.

“Hey! Yousa be leaven him alone! Yousa bombad!”

The Vog’on didn’t really understand what the fat thing said, but he could recognise when a being challenged him. Almost joyful at the thought of fighting a whole group, the three Vog’on turned their attention to the Gungans. There were twenty of them in total, ranging from the fat one in the robes to tall and skinny.

“Tkjbiu iwbbf oidbw oqwgb!!” {They will be no match for us!}

“Dkjbw kwb lwebf iii” {I agree…. I have not killed in too long. Those drids were no challenge to us}

Picking the hapless Gungan up, the centre Vog’on threw the cowering being straight into his fellows. It was like ten pins in the way they were all scattered. A snarling hoot from one of the other Vog’on, the closest to a laugh they got sounded out.

“Yousa regret fighting the Gungans! Weesa all bombad!” Yelled back General Ceel

“You can be as bombad asssss you wantttttt. You stilllll dieeee!”

“Quick give me da booma” said Ceel.

“But we no havea da booma!” “Here General I have da booma!”

The glowing blue ball was given quickly to Ceel, who stood waiting for the strange beasts attack

“Udhws ksd kjhwe???” {What is that he holds?}

“Dsohf sndkjb oqwr” {I do not know}

“Sndk onsbf wefbqq?” {Should we not attack?}

“AJBolsdv wsbff wkrgbdvbpp!” {And be called cowards? Never!}

With that, the Vog’on the right began to advance on the now jittery Gungan group. Ceel held his ground. “You no be coming further! Meesa warning you!”

The Vog’on stepped closer.

Ceel, with practiced ease tossed the energy ball at the Vog’on. Almost laughing, it allowed itself to be hit, expecting nothing to happen….

The explosion knocked everyone off their feet. Being closer, Ceel was knocked back the hardest, but as he lifted an ear off his face and began to pick himself up painfully, all he could see of the beast was it’s feet. Nothing else was left. And the other two seemed to have cleared out awfully quick

The other Gungans stopped to help their boss get up and to brush the dirt of his robes.

“Dat was bombad Big Boss Ceel. Gungan sure taught them lesson or two!”

A slight distance away, the two remaining Vog’on stared at the Gungan’s no walking off in puzzlement.

“Rlkbnvw iak wtbtbt” {What WAS that thing???}

“F [posbfjd wijjfbwkbek3 ksbfjsv” {I don’t know but we had better tell Fregge}

The Vog’on sped off, leaving behind a Sith who had been following them and had seen the entire exchange with great interest.

--

The situation was rapidly threatening to spiral out of control. With Turbogeek onw impossibly disappearing in the bowels of the ISD, reports of the three Vog’on were beginning to filter back up o Lyle, sitting his command chair. The confirmed existence of what he thought was a myth just added to the sense of sudden surrealism he was now feeling.

“Sir, report from the surface” announced a comms officer

What now?

Lyle nodded to take the report at his station. He read the report from Bromine and leaned back, now feeling more than a little sandbagged. Gungans on Tattooine? Vog’on exploding when hit with Gungan energy balls? Was the whole situation going crazy or was it just him?

“Commander. Send this report to Rmaio and the other groups on the ground. Tell one of the Jedi meet with the Gungans and ask questions about the energy balls. If these Vog’on are as bad as the legends say, I have the feeling we are going to need them” Not to mention a good beer at Rama’s Corner – whoops, Turbogeek trashed the joint. Lyle decided to retire to his cabin for an hour to get his head sorted out and work out what should be done next.

---

Getting better!

JediBoricua
May 31st, 2000, 12:37:51 AM
I love how you can put every group in the story with great ease and it all seems right.

Meesa liking it a lot.

verse dawnstrider
May 31st, 2000, 12:53:08 AM
very very nice. I am lovin' it.

Lady Mara Jade
May 31st, 2000, 01:54:30 AM
Yes, it's coming along great! :)

However... ::Is still waiting for the romance::

::Notices everyone staring at her::

What did you expect??? I am a girl after all. :)

Darth Turbogeek
May 31st, 2000, 02:30:25 AM
Okay, can we discuss this in the Dark Fury forum?

The Lounge Lizard
May 31st, 2000, 03:53:22 AM
Looks good. Hope I play a key part later on.

RHJediKnight
May 31st, 2000, 03:30:53 PM
Dark Fury forum? Wherezat?

Darth Lynch
May 31st, 2000, 03:47:05 PM
Here it is.

pub2.ezboard.com/fsithemp...ussionarea (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fsithempirediscussionarea)

ReaperFett
May 31st, 2000, 03:50:20 PM
your writing is as good as KJA or Stackpole

Darth Havok
May 31st, 2000, 05:19:50 PM
:: leans up from hospital bed :: The things I put up with.....:lol:

Just jokin DT, thats some great story telling, I really enjoyed reading it...

Bounty Hunter Dreyas
May 31st, 2000, 06:37:53 PM
Simple Question: Can I help you work on it or have you add a section? I have a great idea for the next part.
--
I made the suggestion just now at the comments center

Darth Turbogeek
May 31st, 2000, 08:21:39 PM
You did?

Suggestions are welcome, or even writing a bit I can insert.

Bounty Hunter Dreyas
May 31st, 2000, 08:57:50 PM
Yes...if writing in is allowed, I ask to write the next scene and you may take most credit for it because it comes from the rest of Dark Fury. If possible, I would like to start tonight and post tommorrow.