PDA

View Full Version : The Swfans.net Battlefield FAQ

Darth Turbogeek
Jun 6th, 2000, 06:22:15 AM
* To be sent to Jason after this is agreed to *

Version v0.001 beta

The Swfans Battlefield is the Internet's premier forum based Star Wars RPG.

There are several groups represented :-

The Greater Jedi Order
The Sith Empire
The Imperial Empire
The Bounty Hunters
The Young Ones
Tge Sith Council
The Gungan Council
Rebel \ Republic units

(Did I miss any?)

The rules of the RPG are simple

1) Force Powers take precedence. We do allow other groups with other powers, but remember the Jedi and Sith are the most powerful grpoups due to thier Force powers
2) No God Mode. God mode is definded as posting something either clearly impossible or way beyond a characters power. IE, it is expected a Jedi Knight can sense and defeat a blaster weilding IMperial. A Sith Lord should be able to deal with a new Jedi Padawan. Mountains can not fly. Nor can someone use technology like teleports. A Death Star WILL destroy a Borg cube.
3) No maiming or death attacks allowed, except with prior permission.

If a person is guilty of a God mode attack or a maming / or death attack, such move will be deemed to be ignored.

(anything else we need to add?)

Atreyu
Jun 6th, 2000, 06:35:38 AM
Perhaps you could make all those group names links to their respective forums?

Also you spelt 'the' wrong for 'The Sith Council'. :)

Itala Marzullo
Jun 6th, 2000, 09:41:32 AM
What a coincidence, anyway, if jason's going to link us, then may he link the TSC website.

Bounty Hunter Dreyas
Jun 6th, 2000, 07:08:07 PM
I think that pretty much covers it except for the bounty hunter's code which only we follow. It is a strict code that hunters must follow:
******** SRC="http://www.geocities.com/dreyas/rookies.html">

Darth Turbogeek
Jun 7th, 2000, 07:31:21 AM
Okay, I will be send the FAQ to Jason tomorrow. Any additions before I do?

Lord Gue
Jun 7th, 2000, 09:49:02 AM
Yeah man, dont forget about us, The Crimson Bloods!!!

Atreyu
Jun 8th, 2000, 11:21:16 PM
I have a query about the Young Ones - should they go in there? I mean the Young Ones are just made up of any members between the ages of 12 and 16 (I think that's it). It's not a RPing group along the same lines as the Jedi, Sith, Imperials etc.

Thing is if you include them, why not include the Imperial Brotherhood? Or the Syndicate? Or the Crimson Bloods? And so on.

RHJediKnight
Jun 9th, 2000, 11:57:05 AM
The Imperial Empire? Does that not sound redundant to anyone other than me?

Itala Marzullo
Jun 9th, 2000, 03:45:44 PM
Thrawn named it, what did you expect?

Jedi Alpha
Jun 9th, 2000, 03:59:10 PM
You forgot to name the Dragon Fleet. (it's the EZBoard my button in my sig is linking to) Dragon Fleet is allied to the Jedi as the Imps are allied to the Sith Empire (Exact opposites)

Atreyu
Jun 9th, 2000, 09:04:30 PM
I think the best way to do this is to simply name only the main groups:

Greater Jedi Order
Sith Empire
The Sith Council
Imperial Empire
Bounty Hunters
Gungan Council
(forgive me if I left some out)

The reason is because just about everyone here is a member of one of those groups. All the other groups are more like 'add-on' groups whose members are made up of people who are already members of the big groups. For example the Syndicate is made up of Sith, Bounty Hunters, Imperials etc. The Imperial Brotherhood is made up of Imperials and Sith. And so on.

I just think it'll be too impractical to include EVERY group here in the list because usually 1 or 2 new 'add-on' groups are setup each month or so which would then want their own coverage. At least by sticking to the main groups it keeps it simple.

Jedi Alpha
Jun 10th, 2000, 06:46:27 PM
Good idea...

Bounty Hunter Dreyas
Jun 10th, 2000, 09:50:03 PM
Ah! That little text! You're gonna make people go blind from that!

Jedi Alpha
Jun 11th, 2000, 03:45:48 PM
So?

Bounty Hunter Dreyas
Jun 11th, 2000, 05:10:13 PM
Well..some of us have to see...

Jedi Alpha
Jun 12th, 2000, 11:41:45 AM
Really?

Banestone
Jun 13th, 2000, 02:45:06 AM
I agree with Atreyu... only the important groups should be included. The little piddly add-on groups that consist solely of members from major groups should just be left out... I mean, taking Alpha's "Dragon Fleet", for instance... that board has about 5 people who've posted there. And only like 3 who are still posting there... is that worth including? Not hardly. Note to Alpha: I am blinded! :lol:

Jedi Alpha
Jun 13th, 2000, 11:25:28 AM
Then my purpose is fufilled...But I'll change my sig in a while...I need to add the new weapons, like my Ewok Launcher...