PDA

View Full Version : What type of idiot do you take me for Itala?

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 3rd, 2000, 11:18:40 PM
Did I not, very verbally and loudly tell you Infiltrations are banned?

Did I not, make this very clear, as well as several others?

If you dont want to play by the very, very few rules we have, then get out and stay out.

Master Yoghurt
Jul 3rd, 2000, 11:23:26 PM
OOC: Infiltrations really ruin the roleplay.

Ezekiel Rage
Jul 3rd, 2000, 11:25:33 PM
oooooooohh..
someone's in BIG trouble...
*starts whistling and looks away*

Darth Bane 2
Jul 3rd, 2000, 11:59:05 PM
well first off, I have no idea what you are talking about and second of all even if something did happen then I wouldn't take a great care about it, TSC has had two infiltrations in the past month, so just to let you know it is not everybody conspiring against you. And just in my opinion I think infiltrations enhance RPing, I find it fun and challenging finding who did it and knowing how to deal with it, but then again that might be just me...

Master Yoghurt
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:10:16 AM
The problem is, you have to keep worrying if you can trust a person who wish to join. Thus you hinder the potential growth of a roleplay group.

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:10:55 AM
Bane, there is no way Infiltrations enhance RPG. We banned them for a damn good reason.

Now you tell your boss to stop this stupidity immediatly against us. I dont care if TSc has been infiltrated, we didnt do it as we go by the RPG rules

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:12:11 AM
I don't know, since TSC has been living with that ever since we had out first spy - less than a month into TSC's creation!

Master Yoghurt
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:14:13 AM
Also, when dealing with these situations, it turns OOC in a negative manner indeed.

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:14:52 AM
DT, right when you show me who this is I will tell my "boss" but until then I must say that you are SOL, b/c I have no clue.

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:16:47 AM
oh, for the record, the post witha spy, that was a guy spying on us, and he was a Jedi (I just had to day that:D )

Venom
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:37:51 AM
Bane, your being inconsistent. First you say you dont know, next you say you do?

Do you really think your going to get away with this?

Lord Fire Blade
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:41:16 AM
Maybe a backside spanking would help them see reality

Itala Marzullo
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:41:22 AM
I ask the exact same question Turbogeek, the exact same question.Let me see my spy list, a few months ago a fellow rpger named The Lounge lizard (you might have met him) who was then a member of your group infiltrated succesfuly as Lord XanatosWe all didn't get angry irl like you, pffft, it was part of the roleplay, we accepted and we whinned about it, but in character.Let me see even longer ago YOU, yes YOU darth Turbogeek succesfuly infiltrated under the nic Darth Chicken, and did WE B*TCH ABOUT IT?!?!?!I could prove it because i banned Chicken and when I went to check the banned e-mails there it was, your e-mail address.I will always deny any charges until proven guilty, and until then, you can kiss my *ass.

Venom
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:46:45 AM
Actually, you dont tell the story right.

Now, how would you like to get of your selfrighteous hobby horse and tell the truth in the matter?

The Lounge Lizard
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:47:49 AM
LOL...you thought I was Xanatos? Oh that's rich!

Venom
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:49:20 AM
I know who Xanataos was and Lizard wasnt it. Get your facts right and your pee-pee out of your hand Itala

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:57:14 AM
hey venom, we were actually having a conversation until you had to interrupt with your pearls of wisdom, what you said just makes you look childish and seem that you have no real point, and mostly stuff like that is insulting to my intellect, so keep it where ever you stash it!

Master Yoghurt
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:10:47 AM
Look, all the major roleplay groups have taken an offical stance against infiltration, except one. Can you guess which? If the Jedi was really interested in infiltrating TSC, you would be finding me creating 20 different characters with untracable IPīs joining TSC. Now, do you really want that?

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:14:24 AM
I'll give that to you

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:21:39 AM
Believe it Bane. We could get in and out and you would never find us, becuase unlike the other groups, we have some real hackers / sys admins who know how to make networks dance to their tunes

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:25:41 AM
but then again we could do the same, and everything would wear down to a war of attrition

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:30:46 AM
No Bane, you couldnt. I know well what networking skill you guys have. You dont know how to make Networks dance as I do.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:33:52 AM
LOL, we don't WANT that but you're all welcome to try.Security in TSC is at its best, no matter what IP you use or what hackers you have, you just CANNOT get ahold of our secrets anymore, go aead and get into the SSC, see if that helps you. :evil: LL, you know it was you, why deny it?Venom, who are you?

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:34:50 AM
well of course, I am clueless when it comes to comps, I know how to do HTML, turn it on and play some F1 2000, thats about it, but I know people that will make your computer cry while you are hiding in the closet, and trust me, if you wanted to define the term computer nerd, then these guys are off the charts.

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:38:50 AM
Actually Itala, that's where your quite wrong. Your on the Internet, a decent hacker can get anything they want. The only security that will beat me is to be totally off the Internet.

You really should be careful what you boast about

Master Yoghurt
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:40:16 AM
Did I hear right.. I am welcome to infiltrate you Itala?

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:42:01 AM
Really Bane. How interesting. Maybe you should get to know me better. I'm one of these people called System Admin, I build parts of the Internet, so saying you have "nerd" friends dont impress me any.

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:45:25 AM
well I am not trying to impress you just like you are not impressing me, but all I am saying is that if we must TSC can hold its own, simple as that

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:49:14 AM
I know very well you cant. Tell Gav Mortis I said hi too. His IP address proved very interesting, as well as the MAC address of his network device.

The Lounge Lizard
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:50:05 AM
Itala...why do you think I was Xanatos? Because I claimed to have infiltrated you several times (which I did). You're jumping at shadows, man. You have absolutely no proof I was Xanatos, because I wasn't Xanatos. Keep up the show, sparky.

Oh, and DT...there is at least ONE place you can't hack :)

Nexity's firewall!

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:51:33 AM
I sure will! and oh yeah, anything regarding Gav I have no clue about, he does what he does, if he decided to infiltrate or if he did, then whatever, I didn't tell him too, nor do I know about it, so now, tell me about this IP adress proving interesting

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:56:23 AM
Well, to be precise, that's cracking. Hacking is actually taking something a pushing it to it's useful boundaries, or a prank, or inventing a new use for an older device.

Nahhh, not real good with firewalls, nor would I in reality go out and do a job on anyone else. I just keep up with the latest cracks and exploits plus also break my own systems because it's my job. One rule of thumb is that no system is secure and with what I have seen and know, that is soooo true.

Man, if you got into this, you'll know how damn hard it is for people like me to keep the crackers out....

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:58:51 AM
I name the culprit and Bane still denys all knowledge.

The Lounge Lizard
Jul 4th, 2000, 02:02:19 AM
Our firewall is GARGANTUAN...oh its a sexy machine. Its in a huge room with glass walls, it reminds me of something from a sci-fi movie or something.

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 02:06:36 AM
Is it a hardware or software device? I prefer hardware ones, much harder to crack or to crash

The Lounge Lizard
Jul 4th, 2000, 02:12:21 AM
Hardware. Its one of the flashiest workstations I've seen in a while.

I wish I was one of the "techies" that got to tinker on it. Oh well...I'll bide my time until my escape from customer service representative land is ready. Soon, I will possess my powerful MIS degree, and the firewall will be MY baby!

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 02:24:53 AM
Oh drool........

You should see my desy now LL. Remeber all the toys I said I had before? I've added to them :)

The Lounge Lizard
Jul 4th, 2000, 02:39:55 AM
Lucky bastard. Soon I will be a network monkey, too. Or at least I'll be an ITI liason, which tweaks our bank software. Each is pretty damn cool...and I wouldn't mind doing either...or BOTH :)

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 02:58:05 AM
Good name... network monkey...

NOt that it descibes all I do well. Sys admin, Netowrk admin, person everone from the CEO down screams at if the network blows up....

The Lounge Lizard
Jul 4th, 2000, 03:03:46 AM
oh trust me....the CSR's also yell at the network monkeys. I've done it a few times, but I have some sympathy with em.

Gav Mortis
Jul 4th, 2000, 03:05:57 AM
OOC: Woah, OK, this always happens, you fall asleep for a few hours and look what happens...I don't know what the hell is going on but Turbogeek, what's all this all about:

Tell Gav Mortis I said hi too. His IP address proved very interesting, as well as the MAC address of his network device.

If you have seen me anywhere under Gav Mortis in Jedi places I have apologised for being there I was just curious...however if you are talking about another charicter I might have then be quiet, I am allowed privacy and just because you are a moderator doesn't mean you can abuse that privacy. I don't even know what a MAC address of a network device is???

Just what the hell is going?

Gav Mortis
Jul 4th, 2000, 03:17:24 AM
OOC: OK Now that I have just read the whole lot, DT if I am reading this right YOU are accusing me og hacking/cracking...I am sorry, but if oyu are so certain about this then take it up with the law because as you can imagine I am quite, quite p*ssed off!

This has just become totally serious now and YOU, DT have invadaed my privacy...I have only had my computer for about two months!!!

Be careful to accusse me of that is to accusse me of a serious criminal offence!!!

This just got totally OOC right now!!!!!

Banestone
Jul 4th, 2000, 03:28:31 AM
OOC:
I would definitely have to agree with Gav, Turbogeek... what in god's name are you on about? I would only be slightly more shocked and surprised if you'd accused ME of being some stupid "l33t" hacker, geez! Perhaps you DON'T actually know everything in the universe, hmm? Personally I'm pretty confused about this whole deal, since none of you accusers are really saying any facts, other than the "fact" that Mortis is some super hacker who has managed to piss you all seriously off in the space of about a week! lol
/OOC

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 04:20:20 AM
I DID NOT ACCUSE YOU MORONS OF HACKING!!! How about LISTENING for a change

I accused Gav of an infiltration, which the Jedi caught him at. I simply stated I had confirmed it was Gav, and I had the proof. Your MAC address is a 12 digit id your network connection displays to clealy id yourself to the networks and can be found with the standard TCP/IP suite of commands. This is similar to your IP address, except your MAC cant be faked.

Is that clear?

You are not accused of a crime, you are not accused of password snaffing or brute force cracking.

You are simply and clearly been shown to have attempted an infiltration of the Jedi, which is clearly against the rules of swfans.net roleplaying - twice now actually in a week, TSC has been found to do this. What makes this really annoying is that you were warned off.

Even more telling Gav, is the edited post you made at the Jedi Council and then Itala's reply to it.

This is the precise reason infiltrations are banned and have been for months.

This has got nothing to do with swfans, but the ezboard The Greater Jedi Council.

Now I will state this one more time and then the subject is closed..... Infiltrations are BANNED.

Gav Mortis
Jul 4th, 2000, 04:32:10 AM
hmm...look DT I wasn't infiltrating, I appologised the first time I came to th GJO and the second time when I edited it, I saved my post...in fact I'll paste it in and edit it for you, reason being is that I thought I was too harsh on Stone....anyway shut up and don't call me a moron!

As far as being warned off....WRONG!!!
NEVER HAPPENED!!!

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 04:38:27 AM
Ahem. TSC were warned against infiltrating. On your own board no less

Gav Mortis
Jul 4th, 2000, 04:44:43 AM
I am yet to see it, but my point still stands.

It wasn't an infiltration! BTW did you edit Itala's post in the GJO?

Gav Mortis
Jul 4th, 2000, 04:51:05 AM
Wait there DT, are you talking about Gav Mortis being at the GJO or someone else you suspect to be me?

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 04:51:08 AM
I dont think I did.

:: Thinks... did I? I dont remember doing that...::

:: Checks logs... no, doesnt say I did::

Gav Mortis
Jul 4th, 2000, 04:55:16 AM
So answer the question...are you talking about Gav Mortis's presence at the GJO or another whom you suspect to be me?

Atreyu
Jul 4th, 2000, 06:27:00 AM
I ask the exact same question Turbogeek, the exact same question.Let me see my spy list, a few months ago a fellow rpger named The Lounge lizard (you might have met him) who was then a member of your group infiltrated succesfuly as Lord XanatosWe all didn't get angry irl like you, pffft, it was part of the roleplay, we accepted and we whinned about it, but in character.Let me see even longer ago YOU, yes YOU darth Turbogeek succesfuly infiltrated under the nic Darth Chicken, and did WE B*TCH ABOUT IT?!?!?!I could prove it because i banned Chicken and when I went to check the banned e-mails there it was, your e-mail address.I will always deny any charges until proven guilty, and until then, you can kiss my *ass.

On February 17th AD 2000 an agreement was reached on this board to cease all infiltrations by all the major groups (note TSC was in hyperspace at this time) to end all official spying and infiltration attempts. Quite simply it meant each group would no longer go out of its way to infiltrate other groups. If somebody still tried to infiltrate and was caught it was their own fault and they would be dealth with approriately. Someone even suggested punishment by banning on THIS board to act as a deterrent.

To therefore blame DT and others of infiltrating in the past is a mute point since all those infiltrations occured prior to the February 17th agreement. Back then infiltration was considered to be an acceptable part of the roleplaying. After that date however, they weren't.

And by the way - LL was not Xanatos in case anyone was wondering. It was someone else.

Darth Grendel
Jul 4th, 2000, 06:41:11 AM
I agree that banning from this board should be the punishment for infiltration. It shouldn't be applied to Gav, but to anyone who was to infiltrate once the policy is started, should it be started.

Or maybe it could only be a temporary ban. One month, perhaps, and then unban them. But there should be a punishment for infiltration, and banning should be it.

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 4th, 2000, 07:01:32 AM
:: Looks at atreyu in astonishment::

How did you know the date????

I wouldnt put it past Atreyu to know the time as well, as well as what I ate for dinner that night

ReaperFett
Jul 4th, 2000, 08:04:07 AM
I had Pizza :)

OK then, you(TSC) havent infiltrated. What was all that LL was talking about last month? He mentioned you talking about infiltrating IN AN OPEN FORUM! Eventually Vader seemed to knock some sense into you but it still stood

Shame as well, TSC has some great fighters(Dyzm and DarthDarkCloak to name but two)

Dark Duke Nukem
Jul 4th, 2000, 12:23:27 PM
Ezboard Hacking Is Easy
U Just Figure Out There Email PW And U Have Nothing Stoping U!
IF U Know What I Mean!

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 01:00:23 PM
ok Darth Grendel, what the F*CK are you one! Ban from a board because of something that happend elsewhere, what the hell is wrong with you! You can't ban people from boards because of that, anything that happens elsewhere is outside of SWFans jurisdiction. This is not a law, this is an agreement that was reached. It would be like if you did something legal, like drugs in the Netherlands and then were thrown in jail back in the states for illegal consumption of drugs, I don't think you wouldn't like that.

And DT, I am getting sick of this accusation stuff, I have no clue what happed or who did this, so keep me out of it and don't give me this "I expect more out of you" crap!

Rama Sha
Jul 4th, 2000, 02:28:52 PM
On those lines..... I think we need a rule about ppl playing multiple charcters. If a person was gonna play both a Sith and I Jedi, they should have to tell everyone that they where doing it so no one would think they were infltrating and if something did get out they would know who to turn too.

And I don't think this should just be here on in rule either, I think all the ppl that are doing it right now need to come clean as well.

Rama Sha
Jul 4th, 2000, 02:32:34 PM
Oh and another little thing. If I person should want to play both Jedi and Sith........he/she should not have a postion of power, such as leader. It waould be to tempting to steer the group how he/she wanted. If someone wants to play Jedi and Sith, they should have to give up any pervious postions of power.

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 07:55:59 PM
I don't think people would want to step down from power and become a lonely Padawan, but yeah, better safe than sorry.

Grand Adm Thrawn
Jul 4th, 2000, 08:22:25 PM
(OOC: if my group sucked i would become jedi, but it doesnt look like anyone will beat my group anytime soon,

but before the rule was set i did have a jedi name in the greater jedi order, but i stoped useing it once the rules came along

in my group a few members want to infiltrate TSC but i told them no if they did they would be kicked out of my group

gav tryed to infiltrate my group but that was before he knew of the rules)

ReaperFett
Jul 4th, 2000, 08:51:42 PM
what was your name?

Darth Lynch
Jul 4th, 2000, 09:04:50 PM
Speking of infilitration I believe if these rules pass how about one that states any group Sith or Jedi that use a contact (such as a friend) within another group to get "sensitive" info leaked should be punished. Especially those in charge of that group during the time of such info used. They allowed it so they should be punished. Those people set the example and should know better because such things tend to come back and bite them on the ass.

DarthDarkCloak
Jul 4th, 2000, 09:28:12 PM
OOC first of all this is supposed to be a game and you all are taking this way too seriously. secondly if someone infiltated your group what harm would it do? could the person hurt anything. is the stuff your groups talk about soo important? i see the need for infiltration in th rpg world but if your gonna cry lke babies over someone finding out something stupid like how many people are in your group then let the ban stay. i think you all are wasting too much energy on something stupid like this. Enough said now go somewhere and have fun. and DT or Atreyu Delete this thread or something. and btw thanx for the complement ReaperFett.

Darth Bane 2
Jul 4th, 2000, 11:14:34 PM
ok, first off, there is a big diference between infiltrating and turn coats, turn voats add to the rping, and another group shouldn't be punished, I undertand banning the act of creating fake charaters to gain info, but if someone decides to leak info, then that is completely legit with me.

JediBoricua
Jul 5th, 2000, 12:39:14 AM
Infiltration sucks. It does. I have been in the middles of several spy hunts and the only thing they do is create discomfort between members. That is the reason why it was banned on february and that is the reason why it will stay banned.

But I agree with Bane, if a sith told me something on ICQ well that is not my problem. It has happenend to me a lot of times and sometimes I have slipped some info myself.

And yes Cloak the things we discuss inside our HQ are THAT important and we do mind if strange persons peek over our shoulders.

Darth Bane 2
Jul 5th, 2000, 01:37:09 AM
you see to explain, the GJO is really a cover up for a massive drug cartel which is lead by a nefarious Australian crime lord, naturally they don't want anybody seeing what their next plan are gonna be, it is all an elaborate cover up - illegal drugs are smuggled all over the world through a technique that hide them in teflon frying pans, this is later distributed among Darth Turbodgeek's minions all over the world to currupt our children and destroy our communities, aw those aussies! :D :D :D :D

Grand Adm Thrawn
Jul 5th, 2000, 01:39:15 AM
the name didnt get far and it was before your time fett, jedi dude, some might remember it

Banestone
Jul 5th, 2000, 02:37:11 AM
lol@Bane! :lol: Heh heh... anyways, I'd still appreciate it if you'd answer Mortis' question Turbogeek, as at least both he and I are still confused about what the hell is supposed to be going on...?

Atreyu
Jul 5th, 2000, 03:05:45 AM
I remember Jedi Dude - I did the IP check on it and confirmed the name was a spy for the Jedi back ages ago.

Concerning Rama's suggestions - I think a good way to sort out multiple characters is to simply allow a person have as many characters as they like BUT they can only ever be a member of 1 group. So if a Jedi wnated to make an Imperial character, that new Imperial character will have to be independant - they can't have that character join the Imperials or any other group. This will help avoid the trouble of a person with multiple characters being a member of multiple groups. Of course if the person in question leaves the Jedi then they are free to rejoin another group, but only ever 1 group at a time, no more.

As for the February 17th date DT I remebered because it was the day I got into an arguement with Bromine and Mara over the idea of setting up our HQ here on this board. :)

ReaperFett
Jul 5th, 2000, 06:51:35 AM
Yes, and we use the Wilderness girls as a front :)

Now, geeve me tyhe meecrofeelm :)

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 5th, 2000, 06:58:16 AM
No! I had it first! Shoo! Shoo!

:: Looks at film:

Itala's really a JEDI!!?!?!?!?!

Lady Vader
Jul 5th, 2000, 07:13:34 AM
?????????????????????????
?????????????????????????

oh my head!... just when I think things are starting to make sence, they get all complicated again... will this insanity never end? (to answer that question, no... it never will... because we're all insane and there's not a damn, f*cking thing we can do about it)...

*blink blink*

I think I'm gonna go back and read this thread... see if I can make heads or tails of it...

*LV staggers to the beginning of the thread with a weary sigh*

ReaperFett
Jul 5th, 2000, 07:21:23 AM
Quick confuse the Sith!

::Fett starts the Macarana, and releases the monkey::

http://home.ici.net/~kend/monkey/jump.gif

Rama Sha
Jul 5th, 2000, 03:11:15 PM
Alright........I cut down the apple tree.

Oh you were talking to LV, sorry. It was the monkey.

Grand Adm Thrawn
Jul 5th, 2000, 05:27:30 PM
:lol: at the monkey

ooo eeeee oooo eeeee ooo eeee

::gives the monkey a banana::

itala is really a transvestite who wants rama.... everyone knows that

ReaperFett
Jul 5th, 2000, 05:36:37 PM
Time to finish Rama!
UNLEASH THE LEGION!

http://home.ici.net/~kend/monkey/jump.gifhttp://home.ici.net/~kend/monkey/jump.gifhttp://home.ici.net/~kend/monkey/jump.gifhttp://home.ici.net/~kend/monkey/jump.gif
http://home.ici.net/~kend/monkey/jump.gifhttp://home.ici.net/~kend/monkey/jump.gifhttp://home.ici.net/~kend/monkey/jump.gifhttp://home.ici.net/~kend/monkey/jump.gif

On my word, unleash hell...

Grand Adm Thrawn
Jul 5th, 2000, 06:41:38 PM
AAHHHHH!!!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!

ITALA THIS IS YOUR FAULT IF YOU HADNT SHOWED THE MONKYS YOUR UGLY ARSE THEY WOULDNT BE SO ANGERY!

STOP MOONING!

well that wasnt very funny but i has to make some kin of crack at itala

Gav Mortis
Jul 5th, 2000, 06:52:50 PM
OOC: *yawns and contemplates the adveantages of suicide*

hmmm....anything to escape all this conspiracy nonsense...all this is, is a quest for domination and power from numerous people and quite frankly it is getting rather boring now...

"He who is without sin should cast the first stone"

I know it is safe to assume that there will be NO stone throwning here, by no-one, so stop this debate, lay down the law and for God's sake stop pointing fingers!

ReaperFett
Jul 5th, 2000, 07:26:54 PM
Gav, I thought you were from Liverpool? ITS 12.30AM!!! NOONE IS UP NOW!

apart from me. and yog... :)

Gav Mortis
Jul 5th, 2000, 07:39:27 PM
Yeah, it is pretty early here so...calm down, calm down!!!

...just had to say it!

I wont be goin to bed until about 3am...

ReaperFett
Jul 6th, 2000, 11:42:52 AM
Yeah!

http://www.homefront.demon.co.uk/HEnf/harry14.jpg