PDA

View Full Version : Dark Fury.... ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 17th, 2000, 06:14:43 AM
Hey, who remembers this post, exactly one year ago?

And for all you Dark Fury junkies... keep an eye on my post count.... Dark Fury 11 comes out when it reaches the announced post count.....

---------------------------------
"Captured" - Post 1000!!!!

I present.... Turbogeek's 1000th post!!! Enjoy!

Coruscant, the capital of the New republic. The sun shone down onto the metal and glass of the buildings that thrust their way into the clear sky, dominating the surface. The only clear spots were around important building, like the Republic Senate, a sign of prestige and power on this otherwise chronically overcrowded planet. A lone Jedi Master, dressed as an ordinary citizen, walked along the pathways, far below the peaks in the shadows of the nearest buildings. He had a bedraggled backpack, sign of long and hard use, much like his face. It was not a handsome face to look at, but one that had been in a hundred fights, with eyes that carried the weight of his power and also the things he had seen and done. The eyes are said to be a window to the soul and just about everyone who dared to look into this window usually drew back in horror, seeing the battles were only few survived, the looniness that was for the Jedi. But a glance would also see the fanatical, almost religious fire of the Light Side of the Force burning deeply inside. He continued to stride on, just another in amongst the thousands that also walked this day on the pass way. Just another nameless person, who unlike the other beings around him, wished he could find a place to rest in this life of trouble and warfare the Force seemed to have laid out for him. A Bith bumped him, trying use the bump to cover a pickpocket attempt. The Jedi moved slightly to foil the attempt, saw the Bith’s fingers miss their target. The Jedi walked on. Not really in thought, but instead mildly irritated how things had been going in the last week.
Nothing's going right today, though the Jedi, who at present was going by the name of Turbogeek. The Jedi knew him as Darth Turbogeek, but the Darth bit, totally inappropriate but kept anyway was usually not a thing that inspired confidence, thence Turbogeek was on his identity card. He reflected on a short list of small but irritating problems, his frying pan, a prized possession and unlikely weapon had been dented from smashing Lady Vader, a Sith Lordess, his room in the hotel had been broken into while he had bee away for some food and another rare but equally prized possession, cooking oil from Naboo was stolen by the thief and now his speeder had run out of nitrogen gas. He wondered why he had left his makeshift home on Ord Mandell for what he loosely termed a “holiday”, in reality a trip back to the Jedi Temple to serve on the Jedi Council, the peak body of knowledge for the Jedi. He wasn’t one to sit on councils or just have “talkfests” as he put it, but it was a relief to finally not have a sabre in one hand, blazing while he championed another group of innocent against the forces of evil that plagued the Outer Rim. A rest is what he needed to get his jaded senses back in order.

The Jedi Master continued to walk up the sidewalk of the Coruscant pass way, aliens from all over the galaxy pressed close, the smells and sounds foreign to the Jedi and intruding on his senses. His had been a secluded life, hiding in shadows and warfare, so that being such a crowd, feeling open and unprotected made him nervous. An odd emotion for a Jedi he thought, I should be calm, at peace with the situation and myself I find myself in. He reached out to the Force, felt calmness flow through and around him, promoting the peace he sought. But still, something just didn’t feel right there was some sort of disturbance in the Force htat was trying warn him of something. Maybe here was okay, but something was eluding him in the Force, something he knew he should take care of.

Maybe its because of this visit to Prince Xizor, to get what I wanted he thought. He had never really trusted the Black Sun, not because the Prince's right hand man was Garik Loran, a Sith Lord in The Sith Council, a group of Dark Jedi who followed the ancient teachings of the Sith, but the Fallen just seemed about as smooth as oily water when he had contacted him. Turbogeek had learned through painful experience that type of person caused plenty of trouble. At was something of a surprise the code Turbogeek had to contact Xizor worked, another he had personally answered the call. Another the Prince had conceded to allow the Jedi Master to have face to face dealings. Most criminals would flee when seeing a Jedi, let alone talk to one. And certainly, the bigger the criminal, the more reluctant to talk – Xizor was the head of the Black Sun, the biggest criminal group of all.

He marched on, up to the Prince's palace. It was known as one of the biggest buildings in Coruscant, almost certainly not purchased with legal funds Turbogeek mused, but then again, if Prince Xizor didn’t bother the Jedi and kept his illegal dealings out of public view, kept his hands clean, didn’t pull the trigger itself. Until that happened he could smuggle and steal all he wanted for all Turbogeek cared. He might love money and power, but he wasn’t out to kill the Jedi like so many other illegal groups. A Gentleman Gangster was how the Holonews portrayed Xizor and Turbogeek tended to agree. Still didn’t make it right, but it made Xizor bearable.

Maybe the thing causing his unsettled state was the defection of a Jedi Council member, no less, to The Sith Council. Lounge Lizard was better known to the other Council members, so they were more confused and saddened by the loss of him to the Dark Side than Turbogeek was. LL had been for so long a Council member and his betrayal had rocked the Jedi to the core. It was that reason Turbogeek was on Coruscant, to take the Lounge Lizards place on the Council. Rmaio, the leader of the Jedi had told Turbogeek he truly deserved to serve on the Council, to be one of the twelve who guided the Jedi. Not that DT sought to lead, in fact he shunned it – but in the wake of Lizard’s defection, it seemed best to fill the gaping hole left. Turbogeek could hardly understand why a Jedi Master would go to the Dark Side, but he wouldn’t question LL on where his destiny truly lay. His destiny lay on a different path to the one Turbogeek followed.

--

The head of the Black Sun, the Fallen Prince Xizor was at that point having a meal that could have fed 100 of the Coruscant poor and was by his orders alone. He was working through a list of items and hence was mildly surprised as his main lieutenant, the Sith Lord Garik Loran entered his chamber. Only Garik would dare do that, or even was allowed to do so unwarned of in the first place. It was not unknown for Xizor to summarily execute others if they interrupted him for less than dire emergencies or even dared to approach the come boss. He indicated for Garik to wait a moment while he wiped his hands on a cloth of many thousands of credits in value

Xizor nodded for Lorn to speak.
"The Jedi who wished to see you is here" snarled Loran

"Contain your hatred, Garik" cautioned Xizor. "He is here as a customer. Respect him as such and forget he is a Jedi while he is here to speak to me. Anyway I am curious to know why this Jedi would come here and hence gains my curiosity. Maybe I can gain worthwhile knowledge for our allies and your Lord if I ask the right questions. Show the Jedi Master in please, I do not wish for such an esteemed visitor to be kept waiting – and leave you sabre behind. I wish for no accidents while the Jedi is here"

Garik paused and with some reluctance handed his sabre over. He bowed with some disgust to the Prince.
"As you wish, my Lord". With that he very rigidly strode out, obviously angry

Prince Xizor activated a closed circuit holocam, bringing the picture of the Jedi to life, waiting at the gates of his palace. He leaned back in his throne like chair, wondering why the Jedi would have requested a face to face exchange, especially given the curious list of items Turbogeek had requested. Xizor wondered what in the world a Jedi would want with a frying pan, although he had heard via Garik the Jedi Master had turned into a weapon of some fear. The Naboo oilhe could understand as it was a item demanded by top chefs the Galaxy over and would on the other hand, bring a handsome profit for the Fallen, as it was very rare and difficult to get. Strange a Jedi would ever bother to learn the art of cooking, but that was not for him to question motives. Xizor settled, getting his mind ready for the bargaining ahead... and also to appraise the Jedi, to see what type of person he really was. This was going to be a most interesting exchange indeed

--

The Sith Lord met the Jedi Master at the gates and then lead Turbogeek through the halls of Xizor's Palace, glowering and making veiled threats to the safety of the Jedi, to see if he would react. The Jedi, much to Loran’s disappointment and annoyance just ignored them. To the Jedi, it was obvious this Sith was only recently promoted to Sith Lord and hence was full of bluster. He would not be much match for a Jedi Master of Turbogeek’s power and status, but still the Force told him to be careful as there was some danger in the situation. Even a fully trained Jedi Master could fall to child if they were not cautious and listened to the Force at all times

The Sith lead him through the huge building, via access ways and turbo lifts until they cam to the doors that marked the entrance to the Prince’s ensuite. Turbogeek waited outside while Loran went inside. To announce his arrival. The Sith came back out and grudgingly told the Jedi he could enter – and when he did, it was as if he had stepped into a different world. The room Prince Xizor sat in absolutely flaunted his extreme wealth. Furnishings from places the Jedi had never seen, drape sand tables, fabulous objects, priceless art. Turbogeek stoped for a second amazed. So the rumours of the Fallen's incredible wealth were true and then some...

"Welcome Jedi Master Turbogeek" Xizor well modulated voice spoke "Welcome indeed. It is a rare honour to have one like you in here"

Turbogeek bowed at the welcome, but still the warning bells of some sort of danger close by would not go away. He reached out with the Force, but could find no deception in the Prince, nor surprisingly in the Sith Lord. He sat down in the proffered chair and took the offered cup of tea – well, the Prince had done his research, not many knew the type of beverage Turbogeek preferred. Nice touch he conceded. "I am impressed, Prince Xizor. Your palace is truly beyond description and worth coming in here to view in itself. I also believe this tea is from Dantonine, which again is worth the time alone to come here to drink. I must say, this is quite a surprise" After taking a few sips and engaging Xizor in some small talk, he put the cup down on the table nearby he leaned forward "Your hospitality is quite commendable. I hope that will not change" He brushed one hand on his lightsabre at his hip before leaning back, the threat if the welcome changed quite clear.

For his credit, the Fallen smiled, totally relaxed as if a threat from someone far more powerful than him didnt matter. "My Jedi, I may be allies with your enemies, but as far as I am concerned, your credits are as good as anyone elses. I have your goods. Now, shall we begin to bargain?"

The haggling didnt take long. DT knew pretty much what the Naboo oil was worth and how much was a fair profit for the Falleen. On his part, Xizor saw a cunning warrior, who would not be duped easily. Hmmm Xizor thought, no wonder the Sith hate this one. He is truly someone to be cautious of

Finally, the price was agreed. DT stood up, shrugging his cloak into place. Xizor also stood. "it has been a pleasure, Jedi. I hope can meet in similar circumstances again"

"Thank you, Your Highness. It has indeed been a pleasure, I leave in peace" With that the Jedi turned to leave

"Garik, stay here please. He has been a good customer, I dont want your nature overcoming you" commanded Xizor. "I believe one of our droids will be sufficent to show him out"

DT turned, surprised... and realised that the Black Sun leader indeed meant him no harn and was making sure it stayed that way. He nodded in acknoledgement

"One day we may fight" said Xizor, "but toady is not that day. Go in peace, Jedi Master"

With that Xizor turned away and DT turned to leave

When the door closed,, Garik let his anger get the better of him "Master, this would have been the perfect time to dispose of the Jedi! No-one would have known!!!"

Xizor looked up at his furious offsider. "No, Garik, business is business. I didnt get this rich killing customers, no matter how much I disliked them. Besides, this Jedi would prove to be more trouble than it worth. Your not ready to face one so powerful"

With that Garik almost lost his temper... and then reconsidered. Maybe Xizor was right. Maybe the Jedi would overpower him. In fact he was sure of it. But oh, how much he wanted to destroy all the Jedi!

"Patience, my friend" said Xizor "There will be another chance for you"

Yes indeed Garik thought, there would be another chance. He would see to that personally.

--

To his surprise, DT made it out the gates of the Palace unmolested and found Xizor was good to his word. Pausing briefly to unload some items from his belt into a compartment in the nitrogen container and load his backpack, he walked down the street, but now his nerves were almost screaming something was wrong. The Force had never spoken this strongly before of immenant danger. He paused, and scanned the area he was in - a large broadwalk 500 metres from the palace he had just left - both with his eyes and with the Force. With his eyes he saw nothing out of the ordinary, but with the Force... he felt five bizarre empty places where he could not scan for hostiles. He paused near and alley, puzzled. He had never come across anything like that... or had he? He pondered this as he passed a second alley and then quite suddenly, noticed a speeder break from the flow of traffic and accellerate straight at him. At forst, Dy just stood there, shock at not seeing the sudden revealed threat. Then his inertia broke and he ran for it.

The Foirce empty areas resolved themselves itno five speeders and now he could see them full of soldiers wearing Stormtrooper armour and with a backpack with an odd salamander-like creature on them. The Jedi suddenly swore. DAMN!!! Yalsalimar! No wonder he couldnt tell nothing apart from the force empty areas. It was a trap, laid for a Jedi!

HE ran hard, but saw he was going to be cut off from escape by one of the speeders coming at him. Once the troopers had him in a force negative area.... he had heard stories from Luke Skywaler what that was like, what it did to a Jedi. DT accelerated, using FORCE SPEED to gain momentum. Then just befor ehte area the yalsalimar's force empty bubbel started, he leapt up and over the speeder, allowing momentum and the Force to propel his jump. He landed behind the speeder, in the force empty bubble, but not far emough in for any real probelm. DT bolted, as the startled troops looked back at the escaping Jedi... and crashed straight into one of the other speeders. A roar of exploding propellant shook the surronds, as the speeders were vapourised in the explosion. Dt just ran harder, found a place where the boradwak became a flyover, jumped off, landed nearly 50 meters down and ran hard again. He found an alley, charged down it, scanned for enemies, found none and stopped. The escape had cost him is wind, but apart from that, he was unhurt. He he breathed heavily and slowly got his surging adrenaline calmed, he wondered who had set out to trap him. It certainly was not the Falleen, Xizor. Maybe the Sith? But it wasnt their style. Anyway, something to ponder when he got further away...then, suddenly his danger sense flared....

"HANDS UP!!!!!"

Turbogeek jumped, gasping in total surprise. What the fu.....?

"I SAID, HAND UP!"

HE slowly complied. But, as far as he could tell he was alone...?!?!?

Then troopers appeared, out of doors, out of the gutters, blocking the streets, aiming their guns straight at him. Some, not all had yalsalimar backpacks, enough to hide them and their fellow troopers. Darth Turbogeek turned around, hands at shoulder hieight, palms open to show they were empty. He looked, heart sinking. Fu--, I'm dead he thought. He could see literally hundreds of troops, all primed and waiting to fire. Whoever had set tihs trap had planned it to the last detail, detail even the legendary Grand Admiral Thrawn would be pressed to match.

"YOU! MOVE THIS WAY!!!"

He slowly complied, looking around with the bitter taste of defeat filling his mouth and burning his soul. He saw there were far too many to defeat and not one was close enough to do anything. His only weapon, the lightsabre was useless here.

Darth Turbogeek swallowed, his mouth totally dry. He was well and truly their prisioner and he could see no way out

The Lounge Lizard
Jul 17th, 2000, 09:02:00 AM
This is gonna sound funny, but I have all the Dark Fury stuff in a 3 ring binder.

General Scorpion
Jul 17th, 2000, 12:18:18 PM
You think that sounds funny..? I got suckered into buying the Dark Fury coin set..

Itala Marzullo
Jul 17th, 2000, 06:52:10 PM
Well...funny does have two meanings...

Ice Fox
Jul 17th, 2000, 06:57:26 PM
Man, I bought little action figures that I don't even play with anymore.

General Scorpion
Jul 17th, 2000, 07:29:23 PM
There were action figures and noone told me..?

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 17th, 2000, 07:43:29 PM
There's actions figures?

Is there a Turbogeek one with the action frying pan?

General Scorpion
Jul 17th, 2000, 07:52:31 PM
You press a button on his back and he whacks people..

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 17th, 2000, 09:27:25 PM
I'd hate to see the Itala one

Figrin D an
Jul 17th, 2000, 10:00:47 PM
The Itala figure has a button that, when pushed, causes the character to say, "Hmmmm...."

JediBoricua
Jul 17th, 2000, 10:11:10 PM
:lol:

I actually print DArk Fury and read it in Algebra class. No wonder I have a C.

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 17th, 2000, 10:25:02 PM
My wife beats me up until I write more of it. She's just as hooked.

Atreyu
Jul 18th, 2000, 04:40:39 AM
Sooooooo, will there be a special 1st Anniversary commemorative edition of Dark Fury, complete with gold bindings?

Or will I have to make do with the old printouts? :)

General Scorpion
Jul 18th, 2000, 12:55:54 PM
If DT's wife is reading this..

Beat him up faster..

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 18th, 2000, 07:54:19 PM
I'm typing!!!! I'm typing!!!!!!

JediBoricua
Jul 18th, 2000, 08:11:15 PM
:lol:

General Scorpion
Jul 18th, 2000, 08:13:56 PM
I can just picture his wife whipping him..