PDA

View Full Version : about blowing up the DS

Grand Adm Thrawn
Aug 28th, 2000, 01:14:19 AM
since you did it with out even allowing the imperials to reply it should be classifed as just a good story and not part of the RPG

in RPG threads you should oly post 3 times a day per person... 6 months of work cant be wiped out in 1 day

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Aug 28th, 2000, 01:20:29 AM
That's not right Thrawn. I understand 6 months of work is long but..the Death Star can be blown up in one day...look at ANH and ROTJ! The Imperials could of replied, why didn't they.

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 28th, 2000, 01:30:59 AM
There were Imperials online. They even posted here.

I remember very well a single post that screwed up a weeks worth of defense work. It happens. One carefully worded post in the Dark Axis thread wiped out Cloud City.

We lost the Jedi Council to one - ONE!- move. A EMP bomb. And the other rules you allude to? Dont exist.

As far as I see it was legitimate.

Grand Adm Thrawn
Aug 28th, 2000, 01:47:28 AM
back when the imperials attacked the jedi council there were many rpg rules, people could die.. DBz's culd have powers when ysaslamiri wwere around. no one had rules on fleets ust the basics that the imperiales set ectect

but now adays if it is good rpg then lets have some interaction, one imperial posted and he already defected by then

if you want to blow up the DS do it in a rule set thread like how the DS was build, 3 posts per person per day this is fair.. you guys posted 100 posts before i was even online! and you expect me to just go with it? you didnt even post a link to the battle at the imperial board.. you didnt set any rules strting it was a rpg thread.. the thread can easyly be tooken as a story rather then a part of the RPG storylines

Sniper Tondry
Aug 28th, 2000, 01:53:14 AM
My question to ya:

What the heck d'you need a Death Star for? I mean, when you torch a planet, it's gone. Poof. Doesn't magically reappear. Only benefit at all would be in capital ship fights, but even then the Death Star is limited in what it can do, especially if the battle fleets get mixed up really well.

In the end, it seems to me that having a Death Star is like painting a giant target on your butt and holding up a huge neon arrow, anyway. So what good is it?

Grand Adm Thrawn
Aug 28th, 2000, 01:57:29 AM
this DS isnt for battle it is for cloneing, 3 billion cloneing tanks are on board and the cloneing tanks cloned an army to take coruscant

but it really has no use now enless the imperials want to take over another really importent world

i have no ploblem with loseing this DS i never use it but if you do make a thread to blow it up i would like to take part in t at least for gods sake, and not have it all done in less then 12 hours

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 28th, 2000, 02:00:30 AM
Considering...

Legion got it's shipyards belted

TSC got it's fleet stolen

TSE lost it's base

TSC was ambushed

in similar manner, by different groups, I believe it was valid.

Rama Sha
Aug 28th, 2000, 02:02:40 AM
Yep.......Blew up our whole HQ in like two days.

Grand Adm Thrawn
Aug 28th, 2000, 02:07:28 AM
TSC fleet being stolen isyet to be seen .. the imperials were going to attack banes base and wipe out his remote control system but it looks like bane went into hideing again

and as for the legion stuff was that done at sw.fans? (mist that thread)

TSE base attack was vailid it didnt all happen in one day it happened over weeks

and TSE did fight back yes?

and TSE attack did have rules that you may only post 3 times a day all good RPGs should have this rule

if you want to make a RPG set rules and allow for people to reply dont do it all in less then 12 hours... i still need to read the thread

Grand Adm Thrawn
Aug 28th, 2000, 02:10:12 AM
Rama you guys blew up your own HQ.. and you had more then enough time to tell AXIS to let them fry then delete the post a few days laer and blow up the HQ

and im talking about the first AXIS not the Dark Axis there is now

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 28th, 2000, 02:14:41 AM
1) TSC fleet was nicked by Scorpion and Ackbar - Actually could have been destroyed

2) Legion got done in here. I think the thread is now archived.

It wasn't against the rules nor was it unprecedented.

Rama Sha
Aug 28th, 2000, 02:30:37 AM
and TSE attack did have rules that you may only post 3 times a day all good RPGs should have this rule

Uhhhhhhhhhh........no there wasn't. There were no such rules and I have never heard of that being the stanard. In fact I think one day I posted like 8 times in that thread.

Keticus Limelight
Aug 28th, 2000, 03:41:21 AM
jesus,too much argueing. way too much for my tastes...but ill just sit back and watch what happens in this thread...
oi,too much argueing,not enough roleplay...

Grand Adm Thrawn
Aug 28th, 2000, 03:57:26 AM
for ramas weak memory i went back to the attack on TSE and here were the stated rules

1. No killing or dismemberment.
2. Force based powers take presedense.
3. Equipment, ships and weapons should be related to or similar to what is found in the SW movies or EU literature. A good deal of creative freedom and but not to be used to an unfair advantage.
4. Actions which is considered "God Mode" may be ignored. Example: Defeating your opponent in one post or posting actions that can be categorised as unrealistic or highly unprobable.
5. 1-3 posts per character is allowed per day, depending on the response time of opponent (you should allways give opponent time to react).
6. Signatures should be used for the first post of each character, and then disabled for the rest of the roleplay to allow fast loading.

-----

what you guys did was like this

you make a challange thread to fight someone then you make 10 posts killing the person before the person can even see the challange

sorry but this is not RPG it is just a good story

you see a flaw in my logic?

Darth Red XII
Aug 28th, 2000, 04:12:08 AM
I gotta say the man has a point.
I cant just blow GJO in 1 hour.

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 28th, 2000, 05:43:12 AM
1) There were Imperials online at the time. They even posted at swfans.net

2) As I have pointed out, there is three prior events where similar attacks have occured. There were discussions on these, but it was seen that the attacks were so overwhelming, resistance would have counted for little. I think that is what would have been the case here.

3) There are no rules for RPG as you state. Those "rules" applied for one thread. Maybe this is flaw and should be looked into.

4) This was no opportunity attack. It was organised for three weeks ago and it was Thrawn himself who gave us the opportunity to spring the trap. The fact is, we made sure the result would have been the same.

There may be places where you could say "but! but!", I dont think it would have changed the result.

Grand Adm Thrawn
Aug 28th, 2000, 06:37:59 AM
1.) who were the imperial that were on?

2.) you think just because you beat someone with out them even knowing they are fighting means that if they did know they were fightning they would have lost?

3.) for the imperials it is a rule for any and all RPG Wars to alow time for the openet to fight back... why do you think i had to make three parts to the Ds building... i could of finished it in one but i kept waiting for the jedi to fight.. they never did.... now months after it is finished you just folld post for 3 hours and expect that to be RPG sorry no, if you want a REAL rpg where both partys interact then you can hae a shot at the DS this was just BS

4.) huh? then thats just not RPG its a story already planed out

--------

There may be places where you could say "but! but!", I dont think it would have changed the result.

--------

if so then give the imperials a chance to fight back if you have no dought that you will come out with victory...

i have lead the imperials for a year now and not one group here have beat them.. so you come up with an idea how to beat them.. by not fighting them and steping around them by strting then finishing a attack in 3 hours

thats just BS TD and i would expect better from you, if your going to make an attack i would at least like to be able to fight back rather then you just saying nnope sorry we atacked you and beat you, not our prolem you werent here for those 3 hours but hey it woldnt make a diference cuz we say so

the thread was a intersting read but not rpg, it should be something for dark fury not RPG

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 28th, 2000, 08:14:39 AM
1) Admiral Talas. Have a look at the time stamps in the threaad where Darth Grendell was having a go at you. Why did they not notice?

2) I'm only saying what has happened in the past. The fact is, STC had its fleet wiped out in similar manner. Again, done by surprise and with speed. The same with Legion's fleet. I also remember that before TSE could respond, GJO had their base already in a lot of trouble, probably in a unwinnible position. I think Rama self destructed it to stop it falling into GJO hands. What happened today has precedent in the past. If I remember correctly, one post wiped out the Jedi Temple, ruining a lot of work the Jedi had put in to defend the Temple. I suggest if LFB had not done that EMP trick, we would probably still be fighting there. I also see that Dark Axis got into a tangle with one totally unexpected post when they invaded Bespin. My point is, surprises happen and sometimes we cant do a thing about them. All you can do is sit back and go "oh crap...". It's not the first time and I know well it wont be the last. I' very sure soomer or later somene will come up with something that will make me spit chips again, but in the end, it's legal and I cant do a thing about it.

3) Maybe.

4) No. The attack was planned out, with likely senarios mapped and endpoints, like a military operation. The first post I wrote as background to give some credence to a) how we found out where the DS was b) how to get on c) Who was with us d) what we had with us and e) A way we were going to do it.

--

I have noticed a change in RPG in the last few weeks. I have noted surprise attacks happen, the target gets a pounding for a few hours and the attacker fades away. I'm seeing the way things are being done is changing, from the challenges to RPG, now to what is developing into a tactical war. Right now we are seeing planets taken over, ship building, armies and such and some of the attacks are becoming more sophisicated. And the new surprise hit and fade are appearing, like today. It's not the first, and it's not going to be last.

Maybe it's not a direction we as a group want to go in, maybe we need discussion. I'm willing to open it up to logical and calm talks. Maybe others would say "Hey it's cool!". Dont know.

So, to summarise... 1) it was legal b) It's happened before c) Okay, we should discuss this and firm up playing rules if people wish. I'm not agaisnt sudden hits like the DS hit, I know it could be done to me in return. I'd scream and howl, but in the end, I'ld have to accept it's legit.... If we dont want it that way, I guess speak now.

State your opinions on this matter players. Is there a problem here, does it need fixing? How?

Dark Side Adept 327
Aug 28th, 2000, 10:30:34 AM
That attack was illegal, because no one from the interstellar empire replied. It was just a one-sided conversation. Some people may not like it, but we still have a Death Star, with a sizable fleet defending it just in case of any surprise 'attacks' like this one.

Firebird1
Aug 28th, 2000, 10:40:21 AM
The attack isn't illegal, you all had members here posting (even though he is an insane maniac) so why didn't he sound a rallying cry or something like that? HUMMMM!!!

Grand Adm Thrawn
Aug 28th, 2000, 10:55:41 AM
because he is an insane maniac

and one imperial (hardy to be called a true member) member posting at sw.fans doesnt mean you can post 100 posts in a thread blowing up the DS

this a @#%$ing given the when yoyu roleplay you wait for your enemy to reply you are all just pissed about the LW BS

Dark Side Adept 327
Aug 28th, 2000, 11:00:08 AM
We should be given another chance. They should post the damn attack again, only this time giving us a chance to actually reply. It was a truly one-sided conversation/story. Until you give us a chance to reply, we still have the Death Star, and there's nothing you can do about it. We won't accept this childish "I blew up your death star while you weren't here and there's nothing you can do about it! hahahahahahha!" nonsense. This is supposed to be an intelligent forum, with intelligent people. Not childish ones.

Grand Adm Thrawn
Aug 28th, 2000, 11:16:13 AM
i asked the admins to say what happenes

but this was not RPG

not once has there been a active group at sw.fans fight another active group with out even leting them reply

true some groups that were never active or falling apart like TSC and legion didnt reply cuz they wrent here and werent going to be here

TIE has been active at sw.fans for close to a year and for you to pull this BS is just retarded

it is commen knowlage that if yuo attack someone you must allow then time to reply

like i said before you just dont post a fight against someone then post 10 more times killing then before they even see the thread

so what if talas was here, talas isnt here to be a member of the empire he is here to piss people off, for you to say .. well talas was posting and he didnt reply to that thread, doesnt mean anything

the fact is not one imperial replyed to that thread meaning you shouldnt of kept going on untill some imperials replyed and fought back, if there was no chance for us to fight back it is god mode plain and simple

jjwr
Aug 28th, 2000, 11:26:00 AM
I don't get involved in RPG stuff anymore but this is just wrong. I don't see how you can call it role playing when the opponent isn't even there to write in their side of the story.

Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean its right. So by your logic if the Imperials plan well enough ahead of time they can go around and find a time when the Jedi aren't online and one by one capture each of them, and say well we planned it really well so it doesn't matter what you would have done.....that sounds so stupid.

I think some clear cut rules should be made. When you have more than one side you need to include the other side in on that, especially when your doing something like attacking the deathstar.

I thought there were rules and etiquette here? It only makes sense that when your doing a RPG thread of that magnitude you need to allow the others to be included. Thats just my thought on this.

Dark Side Adept 327
Aug 28th, 2000, 11:28:54 AM
right on.

Banestone
Aug 28th, 2000, 11:29:37 AM
I agree completely. You can't fight someone and win (or lose) if they aren't even there to fight back. To say you beat an opponent who wasn't even aware of the fight until it was over (and without his ever participating in it) is complete and utter bullcrap.

Grand Adm Thrawn
Aug 28th, 2000, 11:30:05 AM
EXACLY!

Dark Side Adept 327
Aug 28th, 2000, 11:43:13 AM
And that's the tooth!

Grand Adm Thrawn
Aug 28th, 2000, 11:54:20 AM
AMEN!

CAN I CAN I CAN I GET A AMEN!!!!!

SING IT WITH ME!

PRAISE THE LORD MY BROTHERS AND SISTAS PRAISE THE LAWD!

since jjwr has no sides on this madder and the admin for this board i think he is the one that settles BS attacks like this.. case closed

now if you guys want to ever have a REAL rpg thread with the imperials and i mean REAL as in we are allowed to reply to what you do then we are waiting

videl1999
Aug 28th, 2000, 03:17:52 PM
gripe and complain...is that all you ever do Thrawn? there were no set rules at the time therefore the attack was valid.....groups get attacked, that's how life works contrary to whether you believe it's fair or not....what's done is done, the thread is archived, so stop complaining about it.....in all worlds, life is unfair, deal with it......

ReaperFett
Aug 28th, 2000, 04:28:55 PM
well, due to the (not like by me) ship rules, you probably have about 500 SSDs waiting, so who cares?

And, to quote LL:

'Some cheese with that whine?'

Firebird1
Aug 28th, 2000, 04:37:48 PM
100% OOC:

1 Km per day, thankyou.
*Goes off to buy 10 thousand billion 1 Km ships*j/k
:p

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Aug 28th, 2000, 04:39:27 PM
Ditto...Reaperfett! Like you guys always make sure we are here too...Right?! And nevermind we are outnumbered..ppl, ships etc (in general) But..I (we) don't want to whine about it.

ReaperFett
Aug 28th, 2000, 04:44:31 PM
hey, the ship rules are mainly the baddies ideas, we just have to go with the flow and accept everything :)

Firebird1
Aug 28th, 2000, 04:50:42 PM
OOC: That is TIE's problem, they don't watch the battlefield very well. One idea we can have is one of the attackers announce that they are attacking someone. Weither it be the topic starter or a neutral Holonet character, I don't care. After that it's free for all if they don't post in an ammount of time. This one character gets 3 messages per day thing, is not good, quite frankly it sucks.

As for Thrawn getting back his DS, if "they" (meaning the ones who blew it up) give it back to him, it should be heavly damaged. Writing it completely off is stupid.

ReaperFett
Aug 28th, 2000, 04:58:25 PM
of course, we dont actually KNOW he wasnt reading..... :)

Grand Admiral Lyle
Aug 28th, 2000, 05:03:59 PM

Firebird1
Aug 28th, 2000, 05:04:40 PM
OOC: That's kind of the point, we need to establish a currier system to tell people what is going on so no one can pull this kind of slag again.

EDIT: I saw you reply in a thread with Thrawn moving something, so I thought you had an Allience with him.

Further EDIT: My bad, it was not you.

DvdJervs
Aug 28th, 2000, 06:03:36 PM
I agree 100% with jjwr's sentiments here.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Aug 28th, 2000, 07:18:14 PM
Grand Admiral Lyle: I never complained to your group and I am sorry you feel that way. I have never did anything to your Join The Imperial thread it. I just hope you are not confusing me with someone else. There are a few Leia's around. Regardless..I don't complain, I voiced my opinion and personally...I am through commenting on this now,
Again...if you think I personally attacked your group I'm sorry. I didn't though!

JediBoricua
Aug 28th, 2000, 11:03:22 PM
Well I'm sorry but this is WAR and in war there are many hit and fade attacks. Like DT said this is moving on to a technical warfare were ships and armies are made and garrisons are getting important. You don't wait for your opponent to attack back in war, hey milosevic I'm going to bomb Serbia, please get you ground to air missiles ready ok?

If TIE plans to retaliate and they all get together and do it at 4 AM, good for them. It was a hit and fade operation and I'm sorry if you weren't here.

Dark Side Adept 327
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:17:24 AM
Sorry, people, but we still have our Death Star. The admins will verify that. Case closed.

And do you actually expect us to be on all the time? Our group has what? 7 members?

We can get together and battle for the Death Star some time, but we have to be able to reply. We're not going to let somebody kill our Death Star without a fight-why do you think we have so many of the strongest of ships orbiting it?

To sum it up: It isn't RPG if the other party doesn't get a chance to respond. It's idiocy if you expect that fantasy thread to be realized.

Lord Gue
Aug 29th, 2000, 07:23:12 AM
TIE's DS = Destroyed

Dark Side Adept 327
Aug 29th, 2000, 07:43:49 AM
sorry bud. We still have our death star. The Administrators have said so. Their words matter a lot more than mine or yours.

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 29th, 2000, 08:27:57 AM
I beg to differ. The admins expressed an opinion. The ROLEPLAYERS make the rules up and decide what is acceptible and what is not. As the rules stand, the DS attack was legal and it had precident.

There are detailed rules for shipbuilding and 3 general conduct rules, ie no God Mode, no killing of an opponent, no maiming. There are no rules on posting speed or whether you wait for a response if performing an attack, except in challenges or defined roleplays. Hence, Talas would be allowed to wipe out Dagobah today if no Jedi responded. Fair? No. Legal? Yes.

That is the point I am trying get across. Sometimes the game is not fair, it is not even and sometimes you win and then sometimes you lose. This applies to me, to you, to everyone.

Another note is that this that who wins here is usually the person who can write the best, who express their ideas the best, whp can find holes in someones post and exploit them. At times, it is infuriating to find a well crafted idea shot to pieces, but it happens. It also happens in real life. You could spend your life trying for the Olymics say and the day before your event get run over.

And yes, I could do well listening to my own words, I howl when my best laid plans get screwed up. When that happens, I scream for a while, then shut up and plan out a reprisal. It may take me months to execute it, but is'nt that part of the game?

Dark Side Adept 327
Aug 29th, 2000, 09:30:46 AM
ask me this question: how is it RPG if one party writes a section, and the other party isn't there to respond?

Director Isard
Aug 29th, 2000, 01:10:12 PM
<table border="1" width="100%" bgcolor="#000000" bordercolorlight="#CCCCCC" cellpadding="2" bordercolordark="#808080"><tr><td width="50%" colspan="2">http://www.geocities.com/thewritersforum/isard5.gif<font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is ridiculous. I've been a silent watcher of this forum for a while now, and I had been waiting to join the "fray" sooner or later, as a member of TIE. It saddens me to see that there seems to be a complete lack of respect for each other, and for the rules - as confusing and unclear they seem to be.

jjwr
Aug 29th, 2000, 01:12:14 PM
Thats a bit of a lame response DT....there need to be some rules...does it really make sense this big attack would go against the DS without any oposition at all? That had nothing to do with exploiting your oponents writing, it had to do with exploiting your opponents abscence.

Basically what you did was like assuming you attacked the DS while everyone was sleeping and all the security systems were shut off....it just wouldn't happen...there would be major opposition.

So how about this...bring the DS back, plan a new attack and involve the Imperials, then see if you can destroy it.

And I think first and foremost some rules need to be made, it just flat out makes no sense that you could Roleplay against a certain faction and do major things without them even being present.

Firebird1
Aug 29th, 2000, 01:34:49 PM
OOC: This is stupid.
Lets just make a compromise ok..

Dark Side Adept 327
Aug 29th, 2000, 03:16:38 PM
what kind of compromise?

Firebird1
Aug 29th, 2000, 04:05:36 PM
OOC: We could say that it was greatly damaged, and rendered inoperable for a period of 2 weeks or so. That would give everyone time to plan their next moves, build up fleets, or anything else that takes up two weeks. Remember folks this is just an idea.

Dark Side Adept 327
Aug 29th, 2000, 04:21:39 PM
better than nothing i guess.

Banestone
Aug 29th, 2000, 04:48:53 PM
OOC:
I agree completely with jjwr. And Isard: Very nicely-written post! :)
/OOC

Director Isard
Aug 29th, 2000, 04:58:36 PM
I like to hear that.

I just hope that what I said will actually register with some of the people here.:)

Darth Eve
Aug 29th, 2000, 05:18:56 PM
I wasn't involved in the thread, so as an unbiased person, this is what I think... take it or leave it:

One point...
Many people seem to keep making similarities between RP battle and REAL battle. To say that in real battle, attacks occur without time to prepare defenses is somewhat true (although not likely nowadays), but here I don't think it's wise to make such a comparison. This place is for your leisure time, which means SOMETIMES, you're not online. Which means, when you post an attack, you have a chance that the respondant WILL NOT be online. Therefore, sometimes you may go for days without a response. If you're too eager to keep posting your attack, thats too damn bad.

Second...
What HONOR is there in a battle where you get someone in the back? I see so much preaching about battles and what is an honorable kill, etc etc. I think everyone would agree there is no honor, AND a bit cowardish to shoot someone in the back, rather than face to face. So why is it honorable to destroy the deathstar in such a fashion? Again, don't make comparisons to real life because you won't get anywhere that way. Nowadays, in REAL LIFE, especially with the technology in hand, it is VERY difficult to plan a secret attack (unbeknownst to anyone), trust me on this (its what I study).

Third...
Do you realize what you are all implicating? Since all who destroyed the DS claim it was legal...I could wait till certain people are offline and just make one big post. No one responds in a day, and my words would have been set, therefore I could, by YOUR rules (which are not set in stone anywhere) take everyone out with one big post. You disagree? Tell me how this would be illegal and what you all did was legal.

Fourth...
You all argue about rules, yet are ANY rules written anywhere, that are agreed upon by many? I see attemps, but nothing set in stone. And I think, if such rules were proposed, you would ALL agree that you would want the right to respond to an attack when you got the chance to come back online. I'm certain if you argue with this, one, you have a deathwish and don't care about hard work and time spent on building your resources, and two, that you have too much damn pride to admit the DS attack was unfair (again don't compare to real life here, this isn't real life... or did some of you forget?).

Is that what this is about? Pride? Looks like it to me. I know the sith worked very hard on that attack, hell I witnessed it. And I am sorry that after all that, and an excellently executed storyline, that the DS attackers would have too much pride to execute an honorable fight. There was no honor in it, and I KNOW if the shoe were on the other foot, you all would be "bitching" about a chance to reply as well. If not, you're lying to yourself.

The adms have spoken, again two unbiased indivuals, not tainted by pride or not wanting to lose a DS. Are you all going to respect that, or is it just too much hard work and too much loss of pride to have an honorable fight? You guys hate Thrawn so much, and what not, and are so confident that the plan was flawless, what are you afraid of? Think, sith, of the victory you would have, if even after all this you STILL beat him and took out the DS? Wow... and with no cause for complaint, and all done fairly... THAT is what I would call a GOOD battle.

Firebird1
Aug 29th, 2000, 05:46:39 PM
OOC: Like I said it was an idea, open for debate. Another thing I can do is start a pole and ask people. Yes or no if the ending was legal. And have No one post in it so it would be 100% unbiased.

Darth Eve
Aug 29th, 2000, 05:50:00 PM
Yes take a poll. Let's see how everyone REALLY feels about being attacked with a blindfold on...

DvdJervs
Aug 29th, 2000, 05:51:26 PM
There are no rules on posting speed or whether you wait for a response if performing an attack, except in challenges or defined roleplays.
I disagree - the idea of giving your opponent time to post , be it in a challenge or a full on roleplay, has been an accepted idea well and truly before things like no God-mode, no killing etc. were ever in place. In ANY roleplay. Did that idea just suddenly go out the window because it didn't suit this situation? I remember back late last year when the Jedi were accusing the TSC of pulling off an almost identical thing to here in a somewhat similar roleplay. The Jedi accused TSC of not playing by the rules. How the tables have turned.

I suggest everyone reads Darth Eve's post - probably the most important post yet made in this thread.

Firebird1
Aug 29th, 2000, 05:52:43 PM
I'll start the pole...

Firebird1
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:00:13 PM
OOC: I've posted the pole, and now we wait.

ReaperFett
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:01:03 PM
right now MY ATTACK TIME!

1. Bad things have happened to other groups. They sighed, shrugged their shoulders and GOT ON WITH IT!!

2. I dont think the ship rules are fair. Why does noone listen to that? Because I dont have 6 people to back me up

3. Many have respect here Izzard. Thrawns is low due to Thrawngate which some people brought up, but I dont give a monkeys about that. I only disrespect three kinds of people here: The offensive, the whiners, and the people who whine on and on and on and on about respect

You know what I think is the problem? RULES! WHy cant we go back to the good old days, when everything was fun and freeform? I enjoyed it here then

OK, rant over. FLAME!

Firebird1
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:05:18 PM
OOC: I don't really know what the shipbuilding rules are, someone post the rules to them please. This is the second time I'm asking, and it's the last time. Next time it will be every owner of a shipyard post the rules they follow.

ReaperFett
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:10:24 PM
Firebird, your poll has a problem. WHat about a not destroyed, heavily damaged' choice

anyway, who cares? They will whine 'its not fair' it wont count, life goes on, less fun happens, more Death Stars appear, two fight, neither can die due to the whine shield, everyone gets Death Stars, everyone gets bored.

Geez, I am miserable nowadays

DvdJervs
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:10:29 PM
. And have No one post in it so it would be 100% unbiased.
Odds are though that it will still be biased because people will be voting with a 'How will this effect MY group' idea in the back of their heads. But a poll is still a good idea.

ReaperFett - yes bad things have happened to to other groups, but I don't recall any other group losing a Death Star which they have spent the last couple of months trying to build in circumstances which do not appear to have been exactly fair.

Firebird - there was a thread about all the rules from a few days ago. You might want to backtrack the lst few pages and find it. It was titled something like 'Are these the final ship rules?' or something similar.

Darth Eve
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:10:55 PM
Okay heres a few ideas:

I don't know if there are this many people here, but maybe when making a rule, you must have at least 51 people vote in a weeks time, by means of a poll. And then you can do majority rule. Which means, that once you get 26 votes in favor of something, it becomes an accepted rule. And HOPE that people are honorable and vote with ONE of their nics.

Such proposed rules might be:

- Should people get to respond to attacks on their organization, family, fleets, blah blah?

- Just as in killing someone (unless your opponent agrees to be killed, you can't kill them - and someone needs to set this in stone even), should an attack only be valid if the attacked get ample opportunity to respond? Criteria for that?

- Ship building rules (proposed in another thread)? Times? Shipyards, etc?

I dunno, more I can't think of. This way, say if someone posts them on a site and respectively at the top of this forum, and I mean majority rule, fairly voted rules, then we don't have these problems. If the majority vote for something you all don't like, you don't have to participate. I mean thats the nature of voting. What do you think?

JediBoricua
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:13:24 PM
Just to clear one thing here, this has nothing to do with Thrawn's issues with LW. The attack was planned over two weeks ago.

And like Reaper said, rules here are a big no. Shipyards rule I like coz they prevent God mode, but more than that I wont abide. The lack of rules has been Swfans RPG trademark for the year and some more of it's existence, the way I see it rules restrict us and challenge our freedom.

and like Issane said this is the internet, why be clobbered with more rules here then?

And yes Atreyu, on the past we complained about TSC doing the same thing to us, but it was done anyway. And no one whined after it was over.

Times have changed on the BG and I think it's for the best, as long as it's a hit and fade operation I don't see why we cannot do it. I would have agreed with you if we had tried to take over the DS and use it for our own purposes...but we dindn't. We went in and out. There were no contradictions in the attack and the way we got in went perfectly with the storyline. I don't see why all this non sense.

If the admins decide that the DS is still here, well we wont accept any attacks made by it.

DvdJervs
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:19:41 PM
JB I think you missed my point. Yes the Jedi in the end accepted it, but they weren't particularly happy about it. I find it ironic now that the Jedi are practically doing the same thing with no second thoughts.

And I think those that are opposed to more rules are getting worked up over nothing. The only rule I'm seeing getting considered is a simple 'give opponent time to respond in any roleplay' rule, which has practically been in existence since Day 1, and SHOULD have been used here, but interestingly enough just happened to be ignored.

Darth Eve
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:24:35 PM
No rules? Well for the type of "society" you all set here in the fantasy world, I think history can tell you that's a fatal error. Mark my words, more and more problems will arise if set chaos as your definite. But be my guest, since you can't see it now, maybe you will later...

And if you say no rules, then you also can not advocate that you destroyed the Death Star, using no evidence, cause it can not suit your claim. No rules, no claims.

What happens now, is that you have people unwilling to play storylines together, with no accepted criteria for battle. This is what destroyed the chats roleplaying, but maybe you think it won't occur here. I mean the present situation certainly doesn't call for it does it?

We're not talking about a constitution or declaration, just some simple rules so that we can all play nice.

JediBoricua
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:28:01 PM
Like we've said a 4 times now (DT, Reaper and me). BAd things happen and you aren't happy but what can you do? Retaliate like hell.

TIE destroyed our temple a long time ago in a rpg thread that would be impossible to achieve now. We were fewer members and comrady between all groups was high.

But times have changed, and because of the humongous amount of forums, groups, rivalries RPG has moved to this sort of thing and tactics are becoming more complex every day. That's my view on things right now.

ReaperFett
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:31:00 PM
Eve, when I first came ther ewere no real rules. Everyone was happy. Everyone played nice

OLDER RPERS! Remember the person who came here criticising how we RPed here and suggested some rules? And how we mocked that person. Well, if he came again, I get the feeling people would agree with him. A worrying thought...

ReaperFett
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:36:24 PM
ahhh, the Jedi council thread, the fun of a 10 on me and Obi-Wan build up. The way hundreds appeared for either side. The way everyone was freestyling. THe way ezboard shut it. How I miss you so much...

Darth Eve
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:38:09 PM
You gave no time to retaliate.

Just because you didn't find grievance when your temple was destroyed, doesn't mean others don't get mad when their things are destroyed. You didn't whine... SO WHAT, TIE is. There is no rule saying you can't whine because you didn't. No rule saying it IS RIGHT to destroy something in this fashion. Again, no rules, no claims.

And things being so complex is more reason to make this rule. Soon more groups, and more ways of doing things. But no rules, no claims.

No rules, means that TIE doesn't have to acknowledge your destruction of the DS anymore than you have to acknowledge that its legal to not be able to reply. There is no rule stating as so. No rules, no claims. Are we understanding yet?

Firebird1
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:50:18 PM
OOC:

It has gotten big since that thread.

As for the pole, I'd like to leave it open for 24 hours to see the reaction of people. And with all due respect to the Admin, what can you do if they say yes? Right now I don't need an admin breathing down my back telling me this is a stupid idea. A lot of bad things have been happening since Sunday in this forum, excuse me for trying to help and solve a problem.

DvdJervs
Aug 29th, 2000, 06:57:57 PM
Remember the person who came here criticising how we RPed here and suggested some rules?
Yes I remember. And I remember opposing his rules. He suggested enouygh rules to fill a book and that had little to do with what we did here.

Here we are suggesting a simple rule which has on the whole already being in use for over a year but since it isn't official people do tend to ignore it.

Your point Reaper?

Remember back in the 'good old days' rules were still there, but we didn't call them rules, we called it 'the right way to do things'. We now call them rules because some of the newer roleplayers refused to accept any 'right way of doing things' unless it was firmly established as a rule. So they were written down and established. This is what is ahppening here - the 'right way of doing something' isn't been accepted simply because it ain't written down. All some poeple are asking for is for it to be written down.