PDA

View Full Version : BIG SURPRISE - Dark Fury Eclipse!

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 5th, 2000, 05:47:09 AM
Yes, it's a new addition to Dark Fury!

I must explain this is not Dark Fury 11. It is in fact a bit I wrote to a) close a plot hole I doscovered with Kai Solus and b) to include RSO into the story

It is on the DF timeline about halfway through DF 8.

Now, read on. I regard this as one of the best bits I have done. Comments welcome of course

---

From above, the stars shone like bright beacons, the air clear and crisp, a light breeze blowing the snow that had stopped falling at nightfall into small drifts against the trees and the home in one of the infrequent clearings. A lone light shone out from that home, not very powerful but highly visible, especially with the added effect of the snow’s reflection. For travellers to this beautiful area, it often meant welcome shelter, a friendly face and a hot meal. For tonight and for this traveller, it would mean something completely different.

It would mean the closure of a circle, opened so many years ago.

He had first seen that light 10 minutes ago, knowing without looking at the maps he carried that it was his destination. Somewhere he had been looking for, for so many years and so many journeys around the Galaxy. He had found the one thing that he had sought – or as he thought sometimes, wasted his life in finding. Then again, since when are the best secrets the easiest ones to ferret out? Since when was the keys to power readily obtained? This power was not for political, nor was it military, it was something far greater again. The Dark Side had lead him here, lead this lone person through so many trials and tribulations, through the agony of a sabre thrust in the gut and the heat of desert planets.

Yes, he had suffered much, but his reward was near. It would be his death, but it was oh so close he could almost reach out and touch it. The equipment he needed moved slightly in his backpack as he clambered over a small snowdrift and slid down the other side. His blaster at one hip and a long disused lightsabre at the other, he could have passed for one of the hated Jedi if he so wished and often he had. But now, the Jedi would be made to suffer, as would the much hated and arrogant New Republic. The Empire was long dead and with it some of the greatest Dark Side disciples known, but that did not matter. As he had heard once the past is fixed, the future is flexible. The Jedi may have risen again, but with what he was going to uncover, the Jedi would surely be bought down again. Straight after the perversions that was The Sith Council and the Sith Empire, two so-called Sith groups that had shown themselves incapable of doing anything other than self destruction. The hate he held for those two, the groups that had held the Galaxy in their palm and squandered their chance, they would be made to pay for their lack of vision.

The house in the clearing was closer, or more precisely, the mud hut the single occupant had built over many years. It was a good structure despite it’s elemental building materials, it was warm and dry, a haven against the sometimes harsh weather in this planet. It had also guarded it’s secret below it’s floors, a secret that had been lost in the years since Palpatine and since Callista had used it for her own purposes. Now, it sat waiting, waiting for anyone with the right codes and flash memory to claim the prize waiting, to awake what was within. He got nearer to the hut and now with caution beginning to take over, he slowed his advance and also drew his blaster. Certainly, one old unsuspecting man would not be a problem for a true fighter like he was, but it was better to be certain that other company wasn’t there.

Anther drift was transversed and he finally was at the door, a rough hewn wooden object, cut from the trunks of trees similar to what the hut sat amongst. The man looked at the door, put his hand on the doorknob and paused, uncertainty staying his hand for a second. Willing himself, he made sure his blaster was set for kill, took a breath in and open ed the door in one fluid and solid action. He walked in as if he owned the place, took a look around and saw that indeed, there was no-one other than himself and the old human here. He took note of where the old one sat, shifted aim and froze.

The old man was sitting by the fireplace, a blaster the size of a small cannon aimed right at his face. He gaped in astonishment, wondering at how this old man could have possibly have known he was coming.

“I knew you would be coming tonight Kai Solus. I knew that before you even did”

The old man even knew his name? How could that be?

“Put the weapon down Solus, you will not be needing it here. I have no intention in stopping you, I only wished to make sure you did not do something foolish”

Slowly, slowly, least this crazy old man changed his word, Solus lowered his blaster, holstering it and raising the open palms. Fury and amazement flooded in his veins, wondering how this old thing could have so easily got the better of him.

“The reason young one is that I may be old, but I am not a fool. Have not lived in the middle of nowhere without learning a thing or two about people sneaking up on me, even Dark Jedi like yourself. I saw you in a dream years ago not long after I began to guard the secret you are after, set here by Callista herself. I have known one like you would come.”

The old man shifted slightly.

“I am only disappointed it was not sooner and I will not live to see the fruition of my time here” The old man coughed, a nasty sound that clashed in Solus’ ear. The Dark Jedi used his Force abilities to scan this old one, now not surprised this one was a Dark Jedi as well, his presence in the Force like a dark stain. Solus also noted that it was also al the old man could do to sit up and hold the blaster without dropping and that the old man was in fact in great pain. Dying to would seem to Solus

“Yes, I am dying. I think this is my last night and I shall die tonight, as you have come to do as well. I see in your thoughts you have all that is required to bring back what was once before.” The old one put his gun down slowly, then with great concentration, forced his decrepit old body to stand and shuffle over to a table. “This is where you need to go Solus. The door to the vault is here, if you wish to follow that path”

“I do wish it. With all of my soul, do I wish that path”

“Go then. Remember, once you go in, you shall not leave”

For an answer, Solus moved over to the table, shoved it aside. His momentary surprise was over and he was single-mindedly going about the mission he had selected for himself, so many years ago. The table aside and the rug beneath it, the outlines to a floor hatchway were evident. Solus concentrated in the Force, lifting the hatch away and uncovering a yawning blackness – in his soul it beckoned, willing him to enter and fulfil his destiny. With a smile on his lips, he climbed in, saluting the old man as he went inside. Somehow, Solus felt glad he had not been required to kill the ond one, thrilled to discover he was instead a kindred spirit, one who sought the same thing he did.

Watching Solus disappear, the old one turned and with a great effort, climbed onto his bed, not far from the hole. He leaned back, allowing the tiredness he felt, the age and weariness to begin to creep over him, accepting the death that was only a short time to come. He rested, wondering if he would see the culmination of many years of planning and waiting. The old one hoped to see what was the beginning of the end for the Jedi.

--

Solus turned on a torch, lighting the passway. He saw it seemed to go about 50 meters, then turn left. He strode forward and went around the corner to see just 10 meters later a steel blast shield, solid and rusted with the dripping moisture of the tunnel. Solus, looking for a control system, saw none and decided to use his lightsabre to cut the doorway open. The sabre’s beam sprang to life, then merged inside the metal, melting it and cutting great gouges from the steel. A moment later, Solus had finished the cut, stepping back to allow the remains to fall to the ground. Somewhat to his surprise the room within was well lit, clean. He poked his head through the hole, having his first look at the place he had only seen in dreams. Machinery pumped and wheezed, sounding alive. Two cylinders stood in the room, surrounded by tubes for fluid and nutrient delivery, cables snaked from a console and chair to their bases. A large shielded power supply hummed, giving the whole place life. The computers and other machinery occasionally changed light sequences, while other readouts gave the staus for the whole room and its contents. Solus stepped through the still glowing door remains, concentrating on the two cylinders, hardly noticing as he burned himself carelessly on one red glowing door shard. The smell of buring cloth and skin assailed his nostrils, but he ignored it, focusing on the contents of the cylinders.

Two naked men, one older than the other, but still clearly the same man.

Two clones of the same man.

The man who had once betrayed the cause, but would now unwittingly serve as the basis of the final solution. Solus felt himself bite his lip, then taking a firm step toward the chair, he sat down at the console. Looking at the command options on the boards, he located the one he wanted, took a deep breath, mentally working himself up for his final act, his final act of loyaly to his Master, the final act that would seal his destiny. The console blinked….

Clone final initiation sequence started – add personality imprint to continue

A Flash imprint device, pointed at one end extended from the console. Picking it up, Solus pressed for the flash imprint process to initiate. A small beep and a light went green on the imprinter, signalling it’s readiness to accept the imprint. Solus breathed in, relaxing and putting the imprinter to the back of his skull, aiming the sharp end to the personality encoder deep within his brain. It had been put there years ago, just for this purpose, Solus becoming the live carrier for this most important cargo. He breathed in, gathering in the Force, placing both hands on the base of the imprinter. He breathed out and in, calming himself. He closed his eyes and with brutal swiftness, shoved the imprinter through his skull, through his bran and connecting the imprinter to the personality coder. The agony and the sickening crunch of bone, with the squish of brain and the squirting of blood gave solus one last hideous bout of pain, stiffening his back, then his body relaxed as death took over. The body expelled it’s breath, arms went limp. Blood dripped to the floor. The imprinter however successfully accepted the coders information, ignoring the death of the body it was in, throwing that information straight to the flash learner in the cloning tanks. A brief bleep was all that signalled success.

The fluid began to drain away from the clones and air came in. Probes were withdrawn until only a simple connection at the back of the head was left. It waited until the fluids were drained and then the hatch to the cylinder opened. The connection made one last check and gave the final command, withdrew.

Awake….

The two clones suddenly dropped to the ground, their minds and bodies suddenly switched on. The nervous systems went mad trying to cope with the sudden inputs, lungs breathed their first air, coughing and sputtering fluids. Nerves backfired, sending the two into spasms. Their brains, suddenly released to think for themselves desperately sought what to do from the imprints, finally found the correct sequences.

Slowly the spasms in one clone, the older one slowly stopped. He laid in a fetal position, and slowly came to true conciousness. He allowed his body to come under control, allowed his memories to sought themselves out, allowed himself to gain strength. He breathed evenly, listening with delight the sounds he could hear for the first time, things he could see for the first time, smells and touch senations. The taste of embryonic fluid was on his tongue, but he took pleasure in its horrid taste. This thing his brain told him was life felt…. Good. Another part of him, knowledge flooding forth told him how to gain strength, an energy field it called the Force. Not knowing any better, he reached out, feeling for this Force thing, finding it’s edges and allowing it to flow through him. To some surprise, it did indeed make him stronger. Greedy for more, he reached out and pulled more of this Force to him. He felt the strength to lift his head, to place one hand on the floor, to pick himself up slowly, to finally stand on his feet. A powerfully built man, dark haired and a snarl already on his face, he stepped forward. He noted the human on the chair, obviously dead with the imprinter in the back of the head. He smirked, thinking that would have hurt.

The thought of pain in others made his connection to the Force stronger.

The beginnings of a scream made him turn. He saw the other clone, smaller, younger, twisting and turning, hand on his head, screaming with agony and confusion. He wondered if The Force could help him see why this one behaved like this, saw to his pleasure he could. The other clone, exposed to this same Force had been sent mad. He grinned, revelling in the backwashes of the others insanity, then he kicked the other. It felt so good he did it again, and again and again, until he had kicked the other clone to unconsciousness and silence.

It felt incredibly good.

He turned, saw an exit to this room and without turning back, walked out. He transversed the short corridor, turned right and walked down the next

--

The old man stared up at the ceiling as he heard the screams from the hole on the floor, knowing the clone hidden below had gone mad. He sighed and thought it had been worthless, this whole thing had been a waste of life and time. Hence he was startled enough to be able to turn his head and watch as a shape came through the hole. It crouched and then like a barely constrined spring, it slowly came out of it’s crouch, standing and allowing the old man to regard what he saw.

There was a second clone? A backup?

No, it was the backup that had gone mad, this one was what they had wanted. The old one stared, taking in the massive build, the muscles moving beneath taunt skin, the incredible penetration of the clone’s stare. The old one nodded and turned back to the ceiling. He smiled weakly and thought, no, it was not a waste of time. They had produced something beyond their wildest dreams.

The clone looked about then settled his gaze on the old man. He saw he was about to die and he knew who this one was. Walking slowly over, he searched the memories until a name came to match the face.

“Master K’lun. It worked. I am back and I am as I should have been”

K’lun looked at the clone. “Yes…. You are all we could wish for. I die proud of you. Go and redeem us all… ahhhh…..” K’lun took his final breath, expelled it and died, a smile on his face and staring at the one he had guarded and waited for so long, knowing he had indeed lived long enough.

The clone felt a wave of sadness come over him, driven by the imprinted memories. The memories knew K’lun, respected and even loved this old one, for the had taught much. The clone made the final decision, accepted the memories for his own, deciding that he was to be what the memories said he was. A blink and somehow, the fact he was a clone was gone. The fact he was not the orignal was erased and he felt the power of the Dark side in him. In a act of reverence, he, closed the K’lun’s eyes, drew the blanket over the old one’s head. For the final time he bowed his head in respect to the old one, the one who had shown him first the power of the Dark Side of the Force. The clone lifted it’s hand, looking at the finges, the palm. He slowly closed it into a fist, then, opening his palm called himself by the name he had else where. A power like he once knew flooded him, powering him, making him want to move with it’s vibrance. He screamed in realisation of that power, he turned and with a mightly open hand attack, smote the table in two. Pieces flew everywhere as he pulled slowly back, darkly looking about. He would have to destroy this place, cover it’s existence. He knew a package would be somewhere… ahh yes he remembered. To the left and in a hidden cupboard, which he smashed open. Inside, a glint of armour, of clothes.

He selected the clothes, topping it with a dark cloak, and then putting ona belt. A weight on one side, he put his hand down to feel what it was. He unclipped the cylinder, looked at it and pressed a button. The lightsabre came to life, red and looking for all the galaxy like a sword of blood. He stared at the blade and a slow smile came to his face.

The circle was now complete.

The blade was lit and Venom knew he had been born again

--

Darth Havok
Aug 5th, 2000, 04:41:39 PM
*drools*.... Good stuff DT!

Firebird1
Aug 5th, 2000, 08:28:44 PM
Very Good!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another fine peice of writing!!!

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 6th, 2000, 04:22:19 AM