Darth Turbogeek
Sep 18th, 2000, 12:15:34 AM
<html>

<head>
<title>Learning to Cry </title>
</head>

<body>

<p class="MsoNormal">Learning to Cry – The Finale</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Darth Turbogeek raised his sabre, preparing to deliver the
death blow to Jedah Lynch hesitated as he felt a sudden disturbance in the Force as if
someone was in suddenly in great pain. He turned in surprise to face Lady Mara Jade and
the giant Dark Jedi, Venom. Master Yoghurt, lying on the ground from where he had landed
from the last hit he had taken from the Force Pike Venom wielded, looked up at them, Jedah
Lynch recommenced breathing, hardly daring to believe the Jedi would falter now from this
long fight, also looked in the direction of what had suddenly claimed the Jedi’s
attention. Hence, all three looked on as Lady Mara, barely able to stand from the
incredible blow to her solar plexus took a small step sideways in a desperate attempt to
keep standing, stumbling slightly, trying to get out of range of the pole arm Venom
carried desperately putting her hands out in an attempt to prevent what she knew was
coming next. In her own mind, she for the last time calmed her mind to touch the
Force…..</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>The pole arm spun in Venom’s hands and arrowed outwards,
it’s aim true and unerring, spearing the Jedi Padawan through the chest to the right
of the heart, cutting airways and major blood vessels, to emerge bloodied out her back.
With a huge pull, the pole arm was ripped out of Mara’s body, Venom making certain
that the wound he had just inflicted would be fatal. She stiffened, trying to stand a bit
longer, her body refusing to accept what had just happened. The Dark Jedi stepped back as
her strength fled from her body, she crashed to her knees and then flopped over onto her
side, issuing a small groan because of the intense pain</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>The Dark Jedi watched her fall impassively, no emotion in his
sense or in his body language.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>The three other combatants looked in either horror or disbelief
as Venom struck the final blow. Knowing very well he could not take advantage of the
sudden distraction that had presented itself, his body too weakened from the battering
Yoghurt and Turbogeek had given him, he took a careful step away from the Jedi Masters,
hoping to now get away. He need not have worried as the last thing on the Jedi minds was
him.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>Yoghurt slowly sat up, looking disbelief as Mara collapsed to
the ground. Surely not….please let it be not so..!</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>The Jedi Master Darth Turbogeek could hardly bear to look,
didn’t want to look, but all the same, he could not draw his eyes away from the scene
that unfolded. He reached out with the Force, trying to convince himself he hadn’t
seen this, trying to convince himself the horror wasn’t happening all over again</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>The woman, so beautiful, so innocent, so trusting was
knocked off her feet by the force of blow. He could do nothing as she sank to the ground,
her blood forming a pool at the throat as her life blood leaked out. The Sith, after
taking his revenge on is wife set off a bomb right next to Q’Dunn, knocking him out
– when he awake, in bandages and in a med unit, all he knew was that she was gone
from his life forever….</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“No..” he whisphered</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“No…”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“MAAAAARRRRRRRAAAA!!!!”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>His scream erupted
from his throat, his sudden anguish exploded outwards, the sound echoing. He raised his
head and screamed again, his mind losing control for a few seconds as the despair and pain
he had buried in him welled up, the pain he had kept to himself for seven long years. It
all expressed itself now, the frustration, the depression, the anger and the fear all
rolled into one sound. A sort of madness came on him as he took a glance at Mara’s
killer, he looked down and with sudden cold blooded determination, ran at Venom,
determined to bring down this Sith who had dared to attack Mara right here, who had taken
her life. He ran at full pace, his eyes cold and<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>boring
into the place on Venom’s helmet where the Dark Jedi’s own eyes would be. The
Sith the face of the Jedi, he realized he would spill no more Jedi blood today and with
two Jedi Masters probably now highly motivated to also kill him, Venom decided that
retreat was in order. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>He spun around and with his much longer stride easily
outdistanced the Jedi, Turbogeek howling in frustration. Jedah Lynch, now somewhat
recovered and now flying, swooped down to also stop any chance the Jedi had in catching
Venom. He need not have worried, with a great cry of disgust, self pity and pain, the Jedi
Master gave up the chase. The two Sith made good their escape.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Master Yoghurt got up painfully to his feet, still getting used
to being physical as well as spiritual, ran over to where Mara lay, sliding to a stop as
he reached her. Feeling the Force and also looking with his eyes, he could see she still
was alive, but her life force was ebbing and he could<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">
</span>do nothing about it. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>She opened her eyes. Pain there was in them… but there was
something else. A great peace perhaps? Calmness? </p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“Y…yog…. Speak to … DT…?”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Yoghurt looked up, to see Turbogeek was already running back in
their direction. The other Jedi Master came to a stop, kneeling next to Lady Mara. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“I’m here Mara”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>The voice was fully controlled, Yoghurt noted. Flat and without
emotion. For all you would have noted, he may as well be instructing Padawans. But his
eyes gave it away what he did not allow his voice to reveal. The agony and sorrow that
Yoghurt also felt.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“Hol…d me…”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Turbogeek froze. No… anything but that….</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“Plea..se…. it… ease passin..g…”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Slowly, as if his limbs were not of his control, he slowly sat
on the ground and drew her up into his arms.<span style="mso-spacerun:
yes"> </span>She
smiled sadly, wincing in the pain.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“…Always… want…ed ….this…”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“You know I never would or could Mara. I always loved
another and I would never betray her.”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“..even… in death…?”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>The Jedi Master gazed sadly into Mara’s eyes.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“Even in death Mara. I swore my wife was going to be the
last one I ever loved.”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>She looked back at him. Her hand reached out uncertainly,
reaching out to touch the Jedi’s face, stroking his cheek. He seemed to wince at her
touch, but he didn’t stop her. She gave a tired smile.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“How… how I<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>wi….sh
it was diff..erent”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“Yeah. I guess sometimes I do too”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“that…s the besssst I’m g…oing to…
get..”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Yes<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>She responsed via the Force, now too weak to speak in any
other way. Your devotion is something I could never do or have.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Pathetic, aint it? I have more devotion to the dead than to
the living<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>He could feel her life force slip away as her body began to
gave up the fight to live and she slipped closer to death. Despite all the pain he could
feel she had, her force sense was calm and she was at peace… like a true Jedi. Like a
Jedi Knight should. <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Maybe your devotion will be rewarded one day. Goodbye My
Master…..</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>The Jedi did something he could never explain in the
rest of his life. He leaned down and kissed Mara tenderly on the lips, feeling Mara’s
hand reach up to his cheek and she returned the pressure. He drew back, a look of surprise
visible on Mara’s face – of surprise and also of love shining in her eyes.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>“Goodbye Jedi Knight Lady Mara. May the Force be with
you”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>He felt her
presence in the Force disappear and the light went out of her eyes. Her body went limp as
her heart stopped as she died. Her hand slowly slipped away from Turbogeek’s face,
her last breath wheezing out and her eyelids closed and a great look of final peace came
over her face. The Jedi Master stared at Lady Mara’s face, looking at the great
beauty he had never really noticed before, never really cared about. With a trembling
finger, he touched her face seeing something in her face he never had in the time that
they had firstly been enemies and then allies. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>He realised she was beautiful. Like a rose in the morning
light, with the dew of the night on it’s petals.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Is she….?” The word stuck in Master Yoghurt’s
throat, the newly returned Jedi Master hardly believing a good friend like Lady Mara was
now gone. like Master Yoghurt, so incredibly powerful in the Force and so knowledgeable,
there was no chance she could come back like he had done. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Jedi Master Turbogeek found he couldn’t bring himself to look
away from Mara’s face, in case that incredible beauty he had discovered disappeared
in the time it took to look elsewhere. He slowly nodded his head in reply. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal">“She was a great Jedi and a good friend Turbogeek. I will sorely
miss her”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">He nodded again, wondering why his vision was blurring and his eyes
were burning, while a small drop of moisture had appeared, gently running on the cheek of
Lady Mara Jade. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Master Yoghurt put his hand on the shoulder of the other Jedi, as
Turbogeek began to sob uncontrollably, finally allowing out so much pain and agony he had
kept bottled up, finally released to mourn for the fallen Jedi Knight he had realised he
had loved too late. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Finally learning to cry for one he had lost so many years ago. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal">--</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Venom and Jedah Lynch looked out the windows of Venom’s shuttle
as it began to circle the area where the fight had occurred, the widespread damage from
the explosions and the remains of the ex-Sith Empire base billowing smoke evident from the
air.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Venom looked over at his fellow Sith, wondering what was going
through the mind of Lynch. Venom had no knowledge of the feeling Lynch might be
experiencing, thence didn’t really know what Lynch might do now.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">“Venom”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">“Yes?”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Lynch turned to face the blank face plate of Venom. “I wish
things had been different”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">“So do we all my friend”</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">With no further words, Venom stood the ship on it’s tail and
blasted for space</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">The entire Jedi Order had come to pay their respects, along with the
Ewoks, New Republic and Gungan councils. They surrounded the funeral pyre located on top
of a cliff that overlooked a dark and grey sea, the twilight adding a depressing glow to
the scence and a bitter breeze circled the area. They waited for the funeral procession to
appear.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Finally, the slow moving procession
came into view, six Jedi carrying the body of Lady Mara Jade on a simple litter, suspended
off their shoulders. Cal Cahelmeia lead the procession, holding a small pouch and also a
small lit torch. The Jedi Masters Turbogeek, Rmaio, Siber Tiger, Reaperfett and Jedi
Master Leia Solo all stepped in time, bearing their burden with stern faces towards the
pyre. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal">A slow, mournful song was started up, the gathered beings singing in
honour of their fallen comrade. The pallbearers finally finished their sad journey,
placing the body of Lady Mara Jade on the pyre, stepping back as Master Yoghurt stepped
forward to accept the torch off Cal and then also stepping back. Cal looked uncertainly at
the Master, Yog simply nodded, motioning for Cal to go ahead. The Padawan moved forward,
taking the contents of the bag – the remains of Lady Mara’s sabre, remade –
to place it in Mara’s limp hands. She stepped back, and with the hymn rising in
power, Master Yoghurt stepped forward, applying the torch to the pyre. The wood
immediately ignited, consuming the wood and consuming the last remains of the Jedi Knight
Lady Mara Jade, who died a Jedi as they sadly looked on, some remembering days and events
they had experienced with Mara. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal">A small distance away, all in dark cloaks, a handful of Sith also
watched, Jedah Lynch among their number. He watched with no visible emotion as the body of
his ex wife’s body was consumed in flames.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Dagobah</p>

<p class="MsoNormal">The Jedi were holding a wake with their allies, remembering the times
they had shared with Mara, also catching up allies they had not seen for some time. The
rain outside came down, pouring in rivers off the roof and on the ground, forming pools
and streams on the ground. A warm fire kept the place cozy and Master Yoghurt served up
his root stew to feed all the assorted beings. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal">But there was one who did not stay inside. At the other end of the
bar, outside in the rain, a lone Jedi paused at a stream that passed the hut, looking at
the water as it raced<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>by his feet. He slowly
stooped and placed two red roses into the water, one each for the women he had lost in his
life. He watched as the two roses slowly drifted away, swirling and spinning as the water
took hold of them and finally out of sight. A sigh and a shake of his head and he slowly
trudged away to a small rise and then to pensively look out over the depressing sight in
the forest, dark and pouring with rain. He pulled out a data pad, remembering words that
were said to him some time ago</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>If anything happens to me… read this</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Well, something had certainly happened to Mara. He
pressed the on button, the glow of the data pad eerily lighting his face in green. His
eyes opened in surprise as he read the words it held. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>By the Force…..! What type of joke was this?</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>With considerable strength, he flung the<span
style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>datapad away, wondering how this cruel hoax could
be played on him, how shoe could have known the way to hurt him the most.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>A stray thought came by his mind, even while he drew his sabre
to destroy this datapad – in all his time he had known Mara, he had never known her
to lie to him. Never. And even when she lead the Sith empire, she had never been anything
else other than 100% honest with him.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>He lowered his sabre.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>He walked over and picked up the data pad, reading it’s
words again.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>And read the words again. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>And again.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>The words burned into his soul and in an instant, he made his
decision.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>He dropped the data pad as he ran for his space ship, knowing
everything had changed.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Watching the Jedi, an armoured figure, dressed in the red
of an Imperial Guard watched from a tree as the Jedi as he bolted from the area. The
figure moved forward, to the place where the data pad was dropped. Red gloves picked it up
and eyes inside the helmet scanned the message on the pad, assessing what he read. He then
quietly pocketed the device. The figure walked away, merging into the twilight and into
the forest</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>--</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>The two roses moved away from the Mud Hut and the lone Jedi
Master. Eventually, the stream that bore them moved into a river and the two roses
separated. One went onto a sea, to eventually disappear from all knowledge.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>The other came to a pool, where it was wedged against a bank.
The flood eventually subsided and the rose rested on dry land.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Years later, a Jedi exploring came across an unexpected and
glorious sight – a rose bush, in full bloom in the spot where that first rose had cme
to rest, so many years before. The red flower’s scent filled the clearing, filling it
with a wonderful smell that seemed to uplift the heart.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>On closer examination, the flowers dripped with dew, dripping
to the ground below.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>It was in all a most wonderful sight. There was something about
this plant, something that suggested great sadness in the way that the drops resembled
tears, but also in the way the scent also hinted at hope for the future.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>No Darkness could abide to be near it and the Light side of the
Force shined outwards, bright and strong, like spirit of truth. </p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>Many people came over the next few years to see this wonderous
plant, many Jedi came with troubled hearts to be uplifted, many came with emotional hurts
and in some way they all came back, touched and refreshed as if physically touched by some
force they could not explain. <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">They called the area where it grew The Place of Healing.</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p></p>
</body>
</html>

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 18th, 2000, 12:18:03 AM
NOW, comments on the whole Learming to Cry can be posted :)

Dara Shadowtide
Sep 18th, 2000, 12:34:38 AM
OOC:
The entire saga was well played by all involved and made for a spellbinding drama. There were twists and turns and it was always very interesting. I commend all involved. I must say that the last post by DT was extremely moving. All emotions were encompassed within it. I found myself very touched by the part where DT held Mara and then the rose bush was very symbolic, and a nice touch as well. By far the best thing I have read on the boards. Excellent work, bravo!

Nupraptor
Sep 18th, 2000, 12:46:52 AM
Precisely what I was going to say! This is, by far, the most moving thing that I have ever read at a message board! That last post was absolutely outstanding, and you showed the ability to invoke true emotions in a person. I commend thee, and send forth a shower of compliments.

Lady Mara Jade
Sep 18th, 2000, 01:14:05 AM
Pure genius DT. I couldn't have asked for a more fitting end. It was even better than I had imagined possible.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Sep 18th, 2000, 01:14:54 AM
DT..This was one beautiful piece of work! A true masterpiece! I loved the whole plot w/it's twists and turns. I was especially moved by the ending. So full of emotions..it was beautiful, yet heartbreaking!

And to my fellow jedi..this shows that the Jedi Master can truly love. Some may have questioned this before, but I'd like to say case close. DT has showed he has a heart and can truly love someone (relationship wise). This was wonderfully done..I just can't help complementing it!

Bravo my friend! :)

Lady Vader
Sep 18th, 2000, 01:40:09 AM
*silent wow*

wow... DT, I have seen some of your storied before, but this one really is excellant!

congrats! it was a beautiful story (though it was sad)... very well done :)

Jedi Stone
Sep 18th, 2000, 02:59:17 AM
This is the best RPG I have ever read! This is one to be rememberd!!

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 18th, 2000, 09:22:00 AM
I dont think I have recovered from actually writing this post. The emotional impact on me was pretty hard I have to say.

I do feel I need to explain one of my motivations in doing this roleplay - in the end, it was aimed at givning Lady Mara the send off she so richly deserved for her efforts here (And to that regard I thank the others who came to the party - Venom, Lynch, Yog and Mara herself). I feel that anything less than a roleplay of absolute top quality would not have done her justice.

There was another reason I did this in the beginning, before Mara decided to leave, but I will not degrade this roleplay by saying what it was - I'm glad in the end my motivation changed and I could give something back to a good friend that I will miss playing against.

Kat Kariena
Sep 18th, 2000, 11:26:24 AM
*reads and nods* This is very good DT, reminds me of ALOT of stuff I've written since . . .

The only diffrence is your a much much much better writer than I. ^-^

Sniper Tondry
Sep 18th, 2000, 01:54:14 PM
(ooc) Well written... the end is a bit long, and thus I had a bit of trouble staying attentive, but it's compensated for by leading in to something else.

Altogether commendable. I think I might use this in one of my RPs at some point. Definitely an A in my book. :)

Darth Ogre
Sep 18th, 2000, 01:55:14 PM
Very emotional, thought provoling, and touching all at the same time. A true inspiration to myself and all the others here, I would have to say.

Bravo!

Liam Jinn
Sep 18th, 2000, 03:04:37 PM
OOC: well that was nice...VERY GOOD ::standing ovation:: ok but i didn't get that datapad part at the end DT....could you or anyone explain that to me??

Sniper Tondry
Sep 18th, 2000, 03:10:50 PM
(ooc) If I had to guess, I'd say the datapad was the lead-in to another thread.

xshellsparkx
Sep 18th, 2000, 03:16:29 PM
Amazing...simply amazing

Fewdman
Sep 18th, 2000, 03:57:06 PM
Uhhhhh. Damn, wow. Its been a long time since i've read something that nearly made me cry. you have achieved a level of emotinal manipulation that a writer strives for in his reader.
Bravo DT, Bravo.

General Scorpion
Sep 18th, 2000, 06:01:25 PM
I didn't cry, really.. *Sniff* Er.. Bloody flu..

Seriously, that was superb.. One of the best pieces of writing I've read..

Xanatos Etanial
Sep 18th, 2000, 06:06:53 PM
::Speachless:: Incredible. Completely incredible.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 18th, 2000, 06:31:21 PM
I nominate that last post by DT "the post of the year".

Gav Mortis
Sep 18th, 2000, 06:31:45 PM
Well...what can I say that hasn't already been said?

Right from the start, even the title Learning to Cry gained more attention than any other RPG in the past for me. The story develloped increadibly and was portrayed with such skill from all involved; you all deserve a great thanks from us all for providing by far the best piece of RPG on any board.

As for the finale, sheer brilliance. The way you expressed emotion in that post was unbelieveable. Truely fitting send off for Lady Mara...BRAVO!

:)

JediBoricua
Sep 19th, 2000, 01:38:31 AM
This is the only I would have accepted Lady Mara's death...

Excelletn work from all parties involved.

dalethria
Sep 19th, 2000, 12:14:33 PM
now I can comment after the craizess is over ^_^

Excellent job! You had me wanting more and this is the best story ever. I good way to send mara off in a way that is deserving of her RPing here. Everyone involved..

:: big claps ::

I hope that I can do as well as that in the future. I am not even close :)

Garik Loran
Sep 19th, 2000, 11:43:12 PM
Where to begin....

I'm very sorry to see a very good friend leave. It's kinda hard finding out this way.

Excellent job with the story.

Mara best wishes I guess.

Kneel Raduu
Sep 20th, 2000, 11:26:21 PM
.................................................. ..........wow

Finally took the time to read this. Great. Hope I can write like that someday. I guess I should probably go read the rest of the thread now. Only read the ending.....

<font color=green>Edit: Removed a few hundered periods, so that the width of the thread would not be affected by them.</font>