PDA

View Full Version : Assassination: The Hunt begins.

Nivek Felth
Sep 24th, 2000, 07:31:13 PM
Felth sat patiently in the darkness, while zooming in his macrobinocular viewport to see further then his natural eyes would allow him to see.

The welcoming parade from the return of the senator, Fyor Rodan, had already begun. Felth had never cared much for the planet Commenor, seeing that the Mandalorian was use to a more baron land, much more like Mandalore. Nivek smirked from beneath his helmet, while thinking on how the senator was foolish to show himself out in the open like this.

Felth let the Senator's past actions course through his mind....

Fyor was a a native of the planet Commenor, and was a member of the New Republic Advisory Council. As a Senator, he opposed the formation of a new Jedi Council, shortly before the Yuuzhan Vong invasion of the galaxy. Many rumors spoke of Rodan's own ties to the smugglers that the vigilante Jedi led by Kyp Durron were taking out of business, and hinted that his dislike of the Jedi was based more on lost profits than anything else.

Felth grinned. Profits was something he could relate too. He made it a habit to study up on his targets, it gave him a pleasure like nothing else to know he was ending the life of someone that he knew all about.

Felth waited, while getting down on his belly, in the mud, while clutching his rifle tightly. Nivek looked out across the parade that situated itself just below his currect position.

Dyzm should be here...

Felth looked out across a nearby canyon to see a small figure running along the horizon.

There he is..

Felth turned his head back towards the people who were paying the Senator their dearest respects.

Fools..

Nivek shaked his head in disgust with the civilians, while waiting for Dyzm to get into position.

Sith Summoner
Sep 24th, 2000, 10:10:27 PM
**The Dark Viper exits hyperspace and Sums turns on the new cloaking device... Heading for Commenor Sums looks at the chrono... he is late... the parade has already begun... the mission must be accelerated... he thinks to himself...**

those fools in intel screwed up again...

**The Dark Viper cruises towards Commenor... Sums tries to get everything out of the ship that he can...**

Nivek Felth
Sep 24th, 2000, 10:20:41 PM
Felth looked off in the distance, watching Dyzm take cover behind some large boulders. The Mandalorian glanced back down at the parade, hearing the commotion and whistling clear from where he was positioned.

Nivek looked down at his chrono, seeing that the time was almost right. The assassination would take place shortly. The Mandalorian checked his weapons and combat gear to make sure everything was in working condition.

Felth locked his gaze to that of his target.

Just a matter of time...

Sith Summoner
Sep 24th, 2000, 10:27:09 PM
**The Dark Viper finally touches down outside the city... its seemed like hours but it's only been minutes... calling up a map of the area Sums sees that he is about 12 Km away from his snipers perch... leaving the still cloaked ship carrying his rifle case on his back and his saber on his hip... Sums starts running towards his potential position... using intermitent bursts of Force speed he figures he should cover the ground in less than 10 minutes...**

Nivek Felth
Sep 24th, 2000, 10:38:22 PM
Out in the darkness, away from the many flashing lights that layed close to the parade, Felth layed on his stomach, carefully adjusting his aim.

If there were not some sort of sensor sweeping the clearing, Felth would have been surprised. The Mandalorian had to be careful. Felth looked towards Dyzm's position, seeing no movement.

Where is he..

Felth shook his head, thinking the fellow Sith must have had tried to locate to a better area in which he could get a better shot. Nivek flickered his eyes to the side, to see a distance figure moving towards the parade with incredible speed. The Mandalorian reached out with the force to try and sense the oncoming figure. Nivek grinned from underneath his mask. It was Summoner. Felth reached out with the force, to speak to the fellow Sith Warrior's mind...

"Welcome to the party Summoner..."

Sith Summoner
Sep 24th, 2000, 10:43:28 PM
**Nivek's voice shot into Sums head like a rifle bullet... thinking...**

there isn't supposed to be anyone else on this mission... stupid intel does it again... i got to remember to have a long chat with that intel officer when i get back...

**Sums continues to move towards his perch... as he arrives and begins to set up his rifle he replies through the force again...**

who is this??? i was not informed of any other Sith on this planet... what is your business here???

Nivek Felth
Sep 24th, 2000, 10:54:17 PM
Felth narrowed his eyes, while still speaking through the force to Summoner.

"If your here for the Senator's life, Summoner, then we can be called associates...."

Felth paused, hearing a twig snap from behind him. The Mandalorian instantly let his warrior skills kick into gear, while rolling his entire body to the left. A laser shot passed just inches away from his ribs, and Felth found himself cursing in the Mandalorian tongue.

Nivek raised his rifle, and shot off two repeated blasts, one aimed for his advisary's forehead, and the other for his heart. The New Republic guard dropped to the ground with a loud thump, showing no life as his arm began to twitch.

Felth got to his feet and looked down at the smoldering corpse. A small red light was flashing on the guards utility belt.

Hes sent a warning message....

Felth cursed, yet again, then picked up his nearby gear and rushed off from the slope that he dwealt on. He moved with quick agility and speed, while reaching out to touch Summoner's mind through the force..

"We got problems, Summoner, and if we want that Senator dead..we have to move fast."

Sith Summoner
Sep 24th, 2000, 11:05:56 PM
**Sums had been watching Nivek's position... and replied through the force again...**

I see that... Perhaps we could use this to our advantage... Can you distract the gaurds while i wait for a shot???

**Just as he said that a board on the stairs leading to the tower were he was situated creaked... turning and launching the dagger that Shadow Raionos gave him into the gaurds neck... he again talks to Nivek...**

Ummm change that... i've been comprimised also...
**Sums quickly scans trying to find how he was spotted... and then he found it... an NR sniper on the roof of one of the buildings... targeting the sniper Sums fires... the bullet streaks through the air and enters the snipers scope first then his eye and then his brain... Sums sees that there is no doubt that he is dead...**

**with that he packs up his rifle and leaves his pearch... again to Nivek...**

We had a sniper spot us... he's been eliminated but they know we are here... if we work seperately there is greater chance of success...

JediMaster Skywalker
Sep 24th, 2000, 11:21:09 PM
luke stands next to the senator,

Luke: I thank you senator for the invite, but i am not exactly sure why.

Senator: Luke, you are a great hero from the rebellion, I would be foolish not to invite you.

Luke laughs

Luke: yes i guess you would be.

luke feels a disturbance in the force.

Luke: Senator, we must get out of here, I fear your life may be in danger, luke grabs his saber and holds it thought not lit yet, that would take luke only a millesecond anyway...

luke scans the area while standing next to the senator

Nivek Felth
Sep 24th, 2000, 11:21:25 PM
Nivek stops short, laying low until a crowd of people pass by just meters away.

"Agreed Summoner, do you think you will be able to get a clear shot at the Senator...?"

Felth crouches even lower to the ground, while checking his rifle's power reading. The Mandalorian nods in seeing that the power was still reading high. He lifted his gaze onward, to see Fyor Rodan waving to all, while grinning.

Nivek smirked while letting a simple thought run through his mind. "We'll wipe that grin off your face senator.."

Felth leaped up from his position while running forward with his weapon aimed and ready for any threat. A guard caught a movement of motion from the corner of his eye, and turned towards the enemy shooting wildly.

Felth grunted as a stray blast hit his Mandalorian chest plates. He dropped low, and brought his weapon up. He shot one blast, hitting his target directly between the eyes. The Guard fell to the ground in silence. Other guards caught motion of Felth's actions and began to react. The Mandalorian turned his eyes to see Summoner running off in the distance while receiving his thoughts...

Summoner: "Yes, Nivek, I can reach the Senator. Just make sure you keep those guards busy."

Felth nodded, then turned sharply on his heel. He ran at full speed, while a large number of guards chased after him...

JediMaster Skywalker
Sep 24th, 2000, 11:32:49 PM
senator: what!, no why would anyone want to kill me, i think you are mistaken

Luke looks at the senator with a dreadful stare

Luke: senator if there is one thing that i know about and that is the force, now come with me now!

Luke drags the senator into a crowd and places his cloak over him

Sith Summoner
Sep 24th, 2000, 11:35:30 PM
**As Sums begins to set up in a new sniper perch he senses the force from Luke... to Nivek through the force**

We have a new problem... A Jedi is here... and a rather powerfull one at that... I can get a clear shot at the Senator but we have to flush him out into the open...

**Sums scans through his scope... he sees the last of the Senators entourage entering a building near the town square... Scanning the sign he sees it is the court house... how fitting that the Senator would die in front of a building that stood for justice... justice would be served alright... soon enough...**

Nivek Felth
Sep 24th, 2000, 11:50:25 PM
...A Skywaker...here?

Felth saw the Jedi standing by the Senator in the distance, taking cover through that of the crowd. He heard the running footsteps just farther back behind him, and that broke Felth's gaze quickly enough. He had to deal with these guards first, before he could get to Skywalker.

The Mandalorian made his way towards a small clearing, with a covering of rock just up above. It was the perfect trap. Nivek stopped and turned completely around to face the guards that were about to arrive. He pulled a small thermal detenator from his utility belt and thumbed the starting switch. He kept his thumb pinned to the button, for all he needed was to release it and the bomb would detonate.

The guards came running, there guns raised and locked on the Mandalorian.

New Republic Guards: "Hands up!"

Felth stood in complete silence, then slowly raised the bomb up so all could see. The guards eyes widened in fear. Felth smiled, then threw the thermal detenator towards the Republic guards, while thrusting upward with his jet pack.

Nivek heard the blast below with a handful of screams and yelling. He glanced down to see a pile of smouldering ash and dead bodies. He continued to thrust forward in the air, while his jet pack sent flames rushing out. Once he came to the position of the crowd, Felth cut thrusters of the jet pack off, allowing him to land right next to the Jedi, Skywalker. Felth brough the butt of his rifle's handle up, smacking Luke's face with precision. Luke stumbled back, and Felth rushed forward towards the Jedi.

The Senator looked surprised and confused as he stood wide open.

JediMaster Skywalker
Sep 24th, 2000, 11:52:26 PM
luke ducks down and flips the sith over his back and to the ground then

luke grabs the senator

Luke. Come on!

luke pulls the senator past the court house, we will head for the hanger bay, and get you out of here. then i will take care of those assassins (ooc:or how ever you spell it :) )

luke continues to take the senator through the streets heading for his ship while continously scanning for the murders

ooc: editied to include your post, i hadn't seen it

Sith Summoner
Sep 25th, 2000, 12:02:51 AM
**Sums see Nivek decend on two figures... he hits one and sends him back... but that one recovers quickly and tosses Nivek aside enough to flee... The second figure turned around enough that Sums could see the face... it was the senator... so the other had to be the jedi... Sums tracks the two of them but can't take a shot... they are going from under awnings to open areas and back again... but Sums sees where they are going... the hanger bay... he gets up and heads for another spot were he can cover the bay...**

Nivek Felth
Sep 25th, 2000, 12:12:57 AM
Nivek sees the Senator rushing off with the Jedi towards the hanger bay.

Felth sneers, "No you don't, Skywalker..."

Felth chases after the running targets, and immediately thrusts up in the air again. Felth passes overhead Skywalker and the Senator, then landing directly infront of the two, blocking their path. Nivek lunges forward, tackeling Skywalker to the ground. The Mandalorian delivers a blow to Skywalker's face with his right fist.

Luke kicks Felth off of him, and regains a defensive position. The Mandalorian then ducks low to the ground and sweeps Skywalker to the floor, hearing a loud woosh come out from Luke's lungs. The Senator begins to run away from the two, seeking any protection he can find.

Up above a nearby cliff, Summoner finds his new position, and sees the running Senator...

JediMaster Skywalker
Sep 25th, 2000, 12:15:46 AM
luke gets up slowly....

and ignites his saber

"so this is it, you and i, before we battle, tell me what is this so called master plan of yours, what do you and your colleauges have to gain by killing this senator?"

Luke watches the sith but stands ready for anything

Sith Summoner
Sep 25th, 2000, 12:26:40 AM
**Sums sights up the Senator... taking a deep breath, Sums gently squeezes the trigger... the .50 calibre bullet launches out of the barrel and straight at the Senator... the bullet impacts the senator in the back of the head... when the bullet splits apart inside it doesn't leave much of the Senators head remaining... Nivek can clearly see the senator die... but Sums calls through the force anyway as he packs up his rifle and starts running towards the still cloaked Dark Viper...**

The target is dead... leave that Jedi fool there in discrace of loosing one of his senators...

**10 minutes later after slowly moving out of the city trying to avoid guards Sums arrives at the Dark Viper and prepares to leave... minutes later... the cloaked ship takes off and heads for TSE...**

OOC:ya i know that was kinda cheap but i got a Calc I test at 8am and its 12:30 here... so sorry...

JediMaster Skywalker
Sep 25th, 2000, 12:29:31 AM
ooc: calc I as in calculus oooh yuck...i am in algrebra and that sucks.

noprob

so we lose another politican oh well

Nivek Felth
Sep 25th, 2000, 12:41:50 AM
Nivek turns his T-visor slightly to see the corpse of the Senator laying on the ground, surrounded by bits and particles of his head. Felth allows a faint smile to cross his lips, while speaking to Summoner through the force.

"Well done, Summoner."

The Mandalorian pulls his head upward to see Summoner making his way towards his ship. Now all that remained was Nivek to get to his own ship.

He looked towards the Jedi Skywalker, seeing that he was clearly distraught over the death of the Senator. Felth felt no pity for Fyor. Justice had been served with the death of this foolish Senator. He should have known better then to ally himself with the New Republic.

Felth tugged his lightsabear from his belt, and ignited it. The red blade sprung forth, immediately sending out a faint red glow. Felth stepped forward infront of Skywalker.

"....We did what we had to do, Jedi." Felth stops momentarily, then continues to his emotionless speech. "..And theres nothing you can do now."

JediMaster Skywalker
Sep 25th, 2000, 12:45:49 AM
nothing but bring the perpatraiters (or how ever you spell it :) )
to justice luke slices at the sith but it is easily blocked, Luke then spins to his right and delivers a force kick to the midsection, the sith flies back about a foot

Nivek Felth
Sep 25th, 2000, 12:54:32 AM
Nivek flips up to his feet from off the ground, while pulling his lightsaber upward once more. He holds his red saber blade steady, while looking directly at the Jedi. Felth steps forward, slicing his saber in a diagonal strike, starting from Luke's right shoulder, down to his lower waist on his left side.

Luke, while calming himself and allowing the force to guide him, senses Felth's movements and counterattacks by stepping backward so that only the tip of the blade just nicks his skin. Skywalker grits his teeth in pain, and thruts his own blade forward towards Nivek.

The Mandalorian sends his saber crashing downward so that it knocks Skywalker's blade way, before it can meet its destination. Luke recovers and takes a defensive stance. Felth smirks from underneath his helmet, and holds his lightsaber firmly in his right hand.

Suddenly, more New Republic guards come running in full packs towards Nivek. Felth turns his eyes towards them, then back to the Jedi.

"...Until next time, Jedi."

Nivek switches his lightsaber off, and returns it to his belt. He turns shaprly on his heel, and sprints in the opposite direction of the guards. The Mandalorian speaks into his internal comlink, starting up the Retaliation I. He makes his way over the terrain, losing the guards through many caverns and vegetation along with way.

He arrives at his awaiting ship and enters the c0ckpiit. Nivek starts up the engines and thrusts off into orbit, while allowing the satisfaction of a job well done to serge through him.

--------

END

JediMaster Skywalker
Sep 25th, 2000, 12:57:36 AM
ooc: off to slumber land catch ya maybe later :)
very well played thread..i have no complaints...except i didn't win....:lol: