PDA

View Full Version : Escape Decisions (RPG open)

Sniper Tondry
Sep 18th, 2000, 02:23:02 PM
(ooc) A true RPer takes the bad fates as well as the good, and uses them to craft a story with meaning.

(ic)

A figure in spacetrooper armor tiredly checks his wrist chrono. Pierce Tondry has been left floating amid wreckage in the Endor system for eight hours, slowly drifting in the direction of the system's edge with an SOS broadcasting the entire time.

Ever since the fleets of his allies left him stranded.

The ships of TGE have been purposefully ignoring him, it seems. Making the intruder pay for his trespass.

Tondry takes a slow, indrawn breath. The escape pod has a twenty-four hour supply of air and the spacetrooper armor will keep him going for another six hours after that. And he does have a certain amount of food in the massive steel encasing that holds his backpack.

But not even a trained Intelligence Agent can survive for long without water.

The pod's transparisteel window slowly spirals the moon of Endor into view. Tondry whips his rescued sniper rifle and mock fires at the planet.

Tondry is used to working with minimal help. He is a sniper, after all, and they work in pairs, if not alone. But any action will doubtless result in the immediate and impressive destruction of his source of air.

Caught between a rock and a hard place, Pierce Tondry grits his teeth at the futility and resumes waiting. He has at least five hours before he has to start making some escape decisions.

Sniper Tondry
Sep 18th, 2000, 03:08:58 PM
'...brick by brick. Make sure there are no holes...' Navaria's instructions continue in their entirety.

Pierce crams his eyes shut, focusing his brainpower on keeping his one row of bricks firmly together in his brain. A quick check of his suit's chrono reveals that it has been two hours from his last check. Two hours for him to make one little row of bricks in a line.

Tondry's breath explodes from his mouth and he flops onto the pod's only seat. Remembering after a moment that his ysalamiri is in his backpack, Tondry shifts position so as not to damage the metal casing protecting it. His thoughts turn towards the exercise he has just attempted.

Amazingly, it has helped him clear his head. Much of the frustration has left him and he knows that now, he will find a way out of this mess.

Tondry flicks a switch and the pod's internal vacuum kicks on, siphoning the air into a storage tank. The visor on Tondry's spacetrooper armor seals itself shut. A red light appears beside the door, informing Tondry that there is now no air inside the pod.

He opens the pod's hatch and brings up his left arm. A scanner starts up and Tondry begins the hunt.

Sniper Tondry
Sep 19th, 2000, 09:50:05 AM
(ooc) I hate having my character stranded. Just thought I'd mention that.

(ic)

Pierce Tondry grips onto a large piece of hull armor drifting in empty space. Although he can't see for sure, Tondry is positive that his knuckles are white.

Two hours of navigating the Endor system haven't gotten him very far. The Alliance clean-up crews had been extremely thorough after their first victory at Endor. But there had been battles since then, and debris can be hard to catch.

Having had his own ship reduced to debris, Tondry has a pretty good idea what to look for.

Tondry spots another three-point TIE patrol heading towards his sector. It's the fifth he's seen during his extended stay from the pod. Tri-wing configuration, as well as the blocky addition to the rear of the ship that indicates a hyperdrive, mean it is a TIE Defender.

'The plans for those things are everywhere these days. I remember those things were new back when I was eighteen and just starting out at the Caridan academy.'

Tondry briefly runs down what he knows about TIE Defenders. Laser cannons, ion cannons, advanced manuevering thrusters. Aside from an aft blind spot in the early models, the ship doesn't have many weaknesses.

Which means that tangling with them, even in spacetrooper armor, is out of the question without any kind of plan.

Tondry spots a small debris field and aims his hull plate towards it. His uses of jetpack fuel are minimal, as they have been, to avoid detection.

It takes about two minutes for Tondry to drift within range of the debris. With a hard push, he lets go of the hull plate and flies towards another piece of debris.

Unfortunately, in space there is no friction to slow one down and applying counterthrust from his jetpack could result in detection and demise.

Pierce crashes into the debris with a whoomph that knocks the air out of his lungs. He then takes a moment to reorient himself-

-and catches a manufacturer's logo he recognizes.

With a grin of disbelief and shock, Tondry scans the area again, checking each piece of debris. There, across the way, is what he's looking for. It can't be.

But it is.

And with one of the particular design characteristics of the ship he's stumbled into, Tondry should be out of here in no time.

Sniper Tondry
Sep 19th, 2000, 05:47:49 PM
Tondry leapfrogs across the way, his plan solidifying. There are two pieces to the puzzle he needs, and the plan won't work without both of them. He stops on a tangle of wires and circuit boards to do some mental figuring. His eyes drift in the direction he thinks is right.

'Got it!'

Tondry points himself towards a large durasteel locker drifting below and to his left. A push off his current landing sends him straight at it. This time, Pierce uses the jetpack to slow his approach. He lands on the locker with barely a thump.

The door to the locker is hanging open. Inside are several weapons, two of which Pierce takes. The first is a grappling gun with a microfusion plate at one end. The second is a grenade launcher.

With a shake of his head and mock salute, Tondry abandons the locker and heads up and to the left, where the shape of a communications rectenna dish and mount floats. He recalls the conversation he had with the man who'd designed it for him.

<hr>

"Don't be an idiot, Dien," Tondry growls, kneeling beside the framework that is supposed to be his ship. "If I get stranded somewhere and most of the damn ship's worthless, I want the comm to work! Same goes for the rest of the ship. I want all of it- all of it- compartmentalized so that if it gets blown to pieces without me in it, I can still salvage the situation."

The mechanic on the roller beneath the pneumatic lift waves his hands. "Hey, chupa, mi friend," he shrugs. "I am jyust oonder orders to kiep costs down, is all."

"Oh, for the love of-," Tondry shakes his head. "If we have to train another agent, that'll cost more than a ship and may not get the same results!"

Dien rolls himself out from under the framework. "Ees Madame Director's word," he explains. "I no can change."

Tondry bites the inside of his cheek in thought. "Tell you what," he tells the other. "You just do the ship my way, and I'll take it up with Isard."

The mechanic shrugs his shoulders. "All wright, Tawndry," he says, whacking one of the ship's engines with a hydrospanner. "I do it."

A burst of ions flood out the back of the engine and Tondry jerks backward.

<hr>

A burst of flame from Tondry's jetpack nozzles ignites briefly, slowing his approach to the rectenna. It, above everything else, can't be damaged if his plan is to work.

With another soft thump, Tondry reaches the rectenna and begins examining it. It is badly scored with blaster fire, but the wiring inside looks mostly intact, thanks to the blow-off case that previously attached it to his ship. Just a few repairs and he should be in business.

EDIT: Added the horizon lines around the flashback...

Jai Delete
Sep 20th, 2000, 03:23:34 PM
*Deep in the forests of the moon named Endor, an excessively bored Imperial Royal Guardsman dressed in an ImpIntel-issued camoflauge stealth suit is fiddling with a small, discreetly-placed comm unit set up on a camo tripod. Having been placed in the region of Endor on an important, yet highly classified mission, he was surprised to suddenly find that nothing at all came of it, and he hadn't been contacted with further orders yet. Standard ImpIntel proceedures regulate that uncontacted agents must report back in to HQ after a set time period of 1 standard week for a "fast" situation like this. He still has a bit over 5 days, and doesn't seem to be enjoying his stay, yet. A heavily disguised special Ops shuttle lays, hidden, not 50 yards away. Jai didn't like it, but for this mission he had to be both pilot and co-pilot for the craft. Thank the griffing technicians at IIHQ for highly advanced computer controls... otherwise Delete would have had problems operating the advanced vessel. Big ones*

Sniper Tondry
Sep 21st, 2000, 12:12:31 PM
(ooc) Guess it's about time I added to this.

(ic)

Tondry yawned out another breath. One could only stay awake for so long without getting tired. True, he had caught a nap on the way into the system, but pre-mission insomnia was a common thing among Imperial spies. Or so the psych eval experts said, anyway.

Tondry gradually traced a blaster score with the sparking arc welder mounted on his right arm. It was the last physical imperfection in the dish, thankfully. The wiring had already been seen to.

All that was left was the battery.

Tugging the spare fusion battery from its' setting inside the hypercomm wiring mount, Tondry goes over what he needs to do. First step: connect the battery to the node and anode plugs.

This would be easier if the anode plug hadn't been partially melted during the ship's destruction. The repair job should have done the trick, but all too often, what should happen rarely did in the field.

'Still, it's time to give it a shot.'

Grinning at his own joke, Tondry crammed the battery in place. After some jiggling and adjustment, he reached over to the rectenna unit's manual controls and lifted off the safety cover. He pushed the 'On' button and mentally crossed his row of bricks.

The small computer terminal screen flickered to life and ran through the diagnostics. Everything was all clear.

With a feeling of pride and quiet victory over the scum who were keeping him stranded here, Pierce Tondry typed in an SOS, this time one that would be broadcast through hyperspace and reach other nearby systems until the battery ran down or the rectenna was destroyed.

Quickly keying in an abrupt, Tondry-style text message, he sent it off, then tugged his microgrenade launcher close and pushed himself away from the rectenna. Finding a piece of junk to hide behind, he waited.

They would be retaliating soon.

[...- Pierce Tondry, adrift in the Endor system. Send a pickup ship immediately. Repeat, to all beings, this is Pierce-...]

Jai Delete
Sep 21st, 2000, 03:13:14 PM
*Out in space, the nearest TIE Advanced squadron is sent to investigate the signal that has, mysteriously, begun emanating from one of the derelict, broken, vessels in orbit around Endor...*

*On Endor itself, Delete's eyes open with a snap as his commlink buzzes in his ears, alerting him to a message being broadcast on an open comm. The Guardsman hastily checks his comm unit....and blinks as he sees the message.

Tondry - that was who he was supposed to have been doing this mission with! Delete snatches the comm system, folds the tripod with a soft click, and heads at a dead run for the shuttle. He hoped this wouldn't get terribly complicated in space, or else....it would get pretty hairy, with him as the pilot*

Sniper Tondry
Sep 24th, 2000, 04:26:11 PM
Tondry grits his teeth. In addition to the three-point patrol of TIE Defenders in the area, an entire squadron of Defenders has been launched to check things out.

And Tondry is tired. And alone. And low on air, and unfed, and thirsty to the point of distraction. And underarmed, for a change. Things couldn't get much worse.

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

Still, as chances go, this one has been scraped together from nearly nothing. In theory, he can make it work.

'Then again, this is the field.'

The three point patrol of Defenders closes on the situation first. Tondry, with his near-invisible sensor profile, has a distinct advantage since he knows this is a trap, and the suckers in the TIEs don't.

Tondry carefully aims his grenade launcher over the debris he's hiding on. The clip he has holds thirty microgrenades. They have to last.

Tondry concentrates on the lead Defender's transparisteel viewport. An image pops into his head of himself, picking off targets from behind a wall of bricks.

With three quick squeezes of his trigger, Tondry begins the attack.

There are three explosions on the lead Defender. The first is a blast on the transparisteel barrier. The second is off target and on the sturdy armor of the Defender's port side.

The third comes from inside the Defender.

With a lurch, the ship under fire veers to the right, crashing into its' wingman, ripping solar panels off and sending them flying everywhere. The two Defenders explode in muted balls of flame that burn out quickly.

Tondry shifts his attention to the last Defender. He aims and fires at the Defender's windshield, exploding it apart.

The Defender suddenly corkscrews away extremely slowly. With any luck, Tondry has taken out the pilot. Four grenades, three TIE Defenders. Not bad

Unfortunately, Tondry's sensor device tells him that he has twelve more pilots to take out.

EDIT: Changed mention of TIE Advanced to TIE Defenders. Reactivated HTML.

Jai Delete
Sep 25th, 2000, 03:21:58 PM
Out of character - What was I smoking? Why did I say there were TIE Advanced out there....? Geez, sorry. Oh well. I think I had meant TIE Defenders....

In character - *Gingerly taking the Special Ops shuttle through Endor's stratosphere and into orbit, Jai locks down the source of the transmission from Tondry. It's not very far away, only a mere 3 klicks....

A small dot of light, identified by the shuttle's transponder IDer as a TIE Defender, suddenly flares into a bright spot of fire, taking out it's wingmate as the third Defender is also taken out of commission by....what? Tondry, without a doubt, but what in the blazes was he using?

Delete pilots the shuttle closer....it, unfortunately, is not very well armed, although it has great shields, stealthed sensors, and a matte black paint job. He groans inwardly as he intercepts a message for all TIE patrols to converge in Tondry's area....Delete is now close enough to see that the sniper is in a spacetrooper suit, with a good position inside his derelict freighter. Although, good position or no, a few TIE potshots would vaporize his protection and him too*

Matt Black aka Mr Emerid
Sep 28th, 2000, 04:26:41 PM
::ANd so Floats by the Tondry ship and the twelve other TIE fighters, a rather Junky looking ship with bits of smoke pouring from certain points. Inside that ship would be one Matt Black who is kicking at a control console.::

DAMMIT!! WHEN I ASK FOR A PROPER READOUT, I WANT A PROPER READOUT!!!

NOW! HOW MANY TIE FIGHTERS DAMMIT?!?

Computer: 12.5

DAMMIT THERE CAN'T BE POINT FIVE!!! THAT'D MEAN HALF A SHIP!!! ...These are functioning ships right?

Computer: Acknowledged.

Well then THERE CAN'T BE POINT FIVE!!!

....GRrrrrr.... At least activate the Damn Comm system.

::Presses a few buttons, then gives the console a good kick.::

This is THe Junkyard Respondin' to one......Uh....Tondry SOS....What's the 411?

Sniper Tondry
Sep 29th, 2000, 03:32:25 PM
The incoming spread of TIEs is taken by surprise by these new comm transmissions. Six of them break off to engage the incoming Intelligence craft, while three more turn to investigate the junky-looking ship that isn't too far off.

"Whoever you are," Tondry calls into his spacetrooper suit's short-range commlink, "You've got some TIEs on you. I suggest you run, if you can't do anything about 'em. If you can take 'em down, more power to ya."

The reply is momentarily obscured by static, then another voice kicks in. "Tondry, it's Delete."

Tondry pauses, then fires off a grenade at the closest incoming Defender. It explodes on the side, tearing off a solar panel, but otherwise leaving the ship intact.

"Delete," he says slowly into his comm. "As in, can't-fly-a-kite former Royal Guardsman Delete?"

The options have just turned sour.

"All right, shake your TIEs as best you can and manuever in to pick me up," he calls back, watching as the TIE whose wing he clipped crashes into the intact fighter from the first point patrol. Four out of fifteen TIEs down, twenty-five grenades to go. "I'll be dealing with some of these others."

Off to his right, the junky freighter suddenly zips forward, then slows down. A few laser blasts pass through the area where it used to be.

The two Defenders approaching Tondry suddenly lose interest in him and angle towards the freighter Junkyard. Tondry whips up the grenade launcher and fires off two microgrenades. He manages to catch the engines of one of the TIEs and it blows apart, the front bisecting from the engines.

Scratch another TIE.

The HUD display inside Tondry's spacetrooper suit suddenly becomes red. He turns around and spots a TIE Defender coming in on a straight approach vector. Energy readouts for the TIE indicate that its' weapons are powering, and that targeting sensors have a lock on him.

It sure is a very, very fast approach vector.

Jai Delete
Sep 29th, 2000, 04:20:31 PM
*The comment about the kite wouldn't have hurt so much if it wasn't true, Delete thinks.

As a warning alarm goes off inside Tondry's spacetrooper suit, he pushes off a bulkhead into a more protected area of his derelict craft; just before a quad blast of high-powered laser bolts burn through the space he was occupying. The TIE succeeded in vaping a section of unshielded durasteel bulkhead, but has to turn or pass the sniper's new position and come back around in a different vector to press the pilot's attack.

Jai breathes slightly as he sees Pierce isn't spacemeal. Yet. Flicking a protective cap from a button, he arms the shuttle's missile systems*

Hell, not even I can miss with these.

*Watching carefully as the six....sithspawn, SIX....TIE Defenders get larger in the space beyong the transplaristeel plate set in the front of the shuttle's c ockpit.

Finally, the ship's computer decides that it's a good idea to turn the HUD targeting red, signifying a locked-on shot. Delete doesn't hesitate an instant and presses on the firing button. Blessing the powers of automation, the Guardsman watches as the blue flare of a proton torpedo blossoms from the disguised launcher underneath the shuttle nose, and heads towards the cluster patrol of TIEs. As soon as the HUD turns red again, he pulls a double set of triggers and launches two concussion missiles from the wing missile launchers.

The six TIEs immediately scatter in a panic at finding the shuttle being so heavily prepared for them. One apparently lacks the ability to tell where his wingmates are, and clips a solar panel on another Defender above him, neatly shearing it in half and disabling his ability to shake homing missiles. The pilot probably didn't have time to worry about it too much, though, before the heavy torpedo punches through his c ockpit and explodes shortly after mashing his body and suit into an unrecognizable mess. The TIE he clipped is caught in the blast perimeter of the torp, and seems to suffer some sort of massive power failure from it as it floats off on it's last controlled course.

Four TIEs left, and two concussion missiles still in flight... one finally trails it's target to their final destination - Fireball City - and the other is completely evaded until the missile loses it's tracking ability and heads off into space, uncomfortably close to where Tondry and his TIEs are.

Three TIEs left, Delete thinks sourly....he hopes the sniper is suitably gratified that neither of them are dead through Delete's lack of piloting ability. Yet.*

Sniper Tondry
Sep 30th, 2000, 11:27:51 PM
Knowing that he has to keep all the distractions going so that the TIEs remain disorganized, Tondry retakes a sniping position to press the attack.

Peering over the bulkhead, he spots the missile that completely missed its' target, as well as the remaining four TIEs going after the junky freighter. In fact, that missile is getting awfully close to one of the TIEs...

Tondry uses his sharp sniper's eye and launches off a grenade. There is a small explosion on the rear of the missile, followed by a larger explosion as the missile goes off. A third explosion comes from the Defender that gets engulfed in the missile's explosive wash.

Sit rep: Three TIEs after Delete, three after Junkyard, and one after Tondry.

And where is the one that was after him?

Tondry checks his HUD and doesn't see any signs of a target lock. His scanner is showing a negative for metallic signitures, but then it won't pick up anything below the debris that is his freighter. His enemy has vanished and there's nothing he can do about it.

Setting aside his disappeared enemy for the moment, Tondry takes aim with his grenade launcher and focuses on the scene around the freighter Junkyard. "Delete," he calls on his comm, "Head towards that freighter and give it some cover. Try and make it there in one piece."

Delete's reply is an audible grunt. Tondry keeps a close watch on the Intelligence spycraft as it follows his directions. The three TIEs trailing it give Tondry's demolished hiding place a wide berth. Tondry stomps one giant metallic foot onto the hull of his freighter in fury and hears a thump, but ignores it.

He will be damned if their caution helps them at all.

Tondry jets forward from the debris of his ship and heads towards one of the demolished Defenders. After settling in, he fires off a grenade at one TIE as it begins to circle around for a strafing run on Junkyard. The pilot's inattention is fatal in this case and the TIE explodes.

Another explosion catches his eye. Apparently, Junkyard has a functioning pop-out turbolaser. Tondry nods in appreciation.

As if in response, the turbolaser sparks a bit, then explodes.

'Make that a malfunctioning turbolaser,' Tondry thinks.

Delete's missiles catch another Defender off balance, and while it goes into evasive manuevers Tondry unloads several rounds at it. Although the resulting fire cloud is big enough to hide what finally kills the TIE, it does get blown to pieces and that is what matters.

Tondry watches as the remaining three Defenders back off. Junkyard and Delete's shuttle cruise over towards Tondry's position. In Junkyard's case, staggers is perhaps a better word.

"Delete, pick me up," Tondry calls on the comm. "I've got a plan that'll get us out of this mess."

Jai Delete
Oct 5th, 2000, 12:25:06 AM
*"I'd love to hear it," came the reply. "I've had about as much excitement as I can stand up here...."

Delete lets the computer take control of the targeting sensors and remembers to charge up the lasers for it as well, should the Defenders return. Angling the manuvering thrusters as best he can, the Guardsman carefully eases the shuttle closer to Tondry, who uses his nearly-depleted fuel sources to get himself the rest of the way inside the ImpIntel shuttle's airlock.

For now, the dilapitated-looking freighter seems to be trying to keep itself from falling apart....unlike most smugglers' ships, this doesn't seem to be an act, judging from the turbolaser's performance. Jai also notes, with some disquiet, that the TIEs haven't completely left the area, they're just watching....for the time being*

Sniper Tondry
Oct 8th, 2000, 08:10:49 PM
(ooc) Time to finish this and Tondry away from Endor.

(ic)

Tondry clanks his way through the airlock and straight to the shuttle's main hallway. He spots Delete in the piloting compartment and heads over. "What're they doing?"

Delete gestures a red-gloved hand. "Getting friends," he says. The Guardsman is characteristically short today.

In the distance, the three TIEs are beginning to circle out around the shuttle while bright flashes from nearby ships indicate the launching of other snubfighters. Tondry gazes
thoughtfully at them. "Have you got a hyperjump calculation yet?"

Delete looks at him. "I don't know how to do that," he admits.

Tondry jerks his head to stare at the Guardsman, a feat made more difficult by the spacetrooper armor he still wears. "Then how did you get here? How do you make hyperjumps?"

"I push that button." The button Delete points to is red and labelled 'navicomputer storage' with a locator display. Tondry instantly grasps what the Intel technicians have done; rather than have Delete tax his abilities by making navicomputer jumps, they've given him a module that automatically keeps track of the relative location of several specific planets. New destinations have to be input by someone else, but Delete can go to and from those locations easily.

So without time to study the controls and work-arounds the Intel techs have done, Tondry can't get everywhere in the galaxy with this shuttle.

Fortunately, he doesn't need to. "Clear the gravity well," he instructs. "And get us into hyperspace. I'll be in gunnery."

"Do what?"

Tondry gives out an exasperated sigh. "Get that green dot past that red line," he instructs. When you hear a ding, push the button you showed me."

The shuttle lurches forward and Tondry leaves Delete's side, heading back to a room with a tactical display and two handles in it. He activates the weapons display and sits in the central chair, watching as the incoming TIEs get closer and closer through the gunnery viewport. Pierce aims the shuttle's rearward cannon at the remains of a particular part of his ship.

A sigh can be heard from inside the spacetrooper mask.

Tondry gently squeezes off several shots. The munitions cache inside the targeted section explodes outward, sending a vast wall of shrapnel and lethal ordinance in front of the oncoming TIEs.

As he watches the enemy waste the few moments they have to catch the shuttle slip away manuevering around the small minefield, Tondry briefly notes a Defender wrapped up in a Connor net exploding by his freighter. Suddenly, he recalls the thump he heard when he stomped on the hull in frustration and now knows what happened to that last TIE.

The Endor system takes several steps away from the viewport. As the surrounding stars stretch into starlines, Pierce Tondry's eyes are locked onto one of the few things he's ever owned exclusively, that's never been taken away even for a second. And not just owned, but one of the few things he personalized. His victory here, today, proves that. Without all the special characteristics of his now gone freighter, he would never have been able to contact Delete, survive a firefight in spacetrooper armor, and make it out of the Endor system alive.

Memories of many battles and escapes that ship participated in recall themselves of their own volition. Memories of all the scars the two of them have taken in fights at planets all across the galaxy. Sometimes, it was a capital ship's turbolaser, and it would leave a blown shield coil that would cost tons to replace. Sometimes it was a customs craft's cannons, and they would leave singes in the paint that just left minor aches in the wallet. Sometimes, it was blaster fire that scorched the loading ramp and didn't really matter at all.

Sometimes, it was the decision to escape that left the scar, and sometimes what was left behind hurt more than what was brought along for the ride.

"Goodbye, old friend," Tondry says quietly, throwing off a hasty salute before the blue of hyperspace engulfs the entire view of his ship.

And now, lying at rest in the space of the Endor system, it will always be his ship.

"We're clear," Delete's voice comes over the comm.

"I'll be right there," Tondry calls back, levering himself out of the gunnery chair and returning to duty.

######

It's a week after the debriefing of what has become known as "the Endor incident". Tondry is lying in his bed at Intel headquarters, one hand resting on his rifle with his head searching the ceiling.

The doors to his quarters slide open and a fat, pugnacious man enters. "What's new, Jekaan?" he asks of Director Isard's closest aide.

"Several pieces of good news, Agent Tondry," Jekaan's obsequious voice states. "Due to your skill in extricating yourself from the Endor situation, Madame Director has seen fit to promote you to Lieutenant, with an acting field command of Tau Team Leader. She has approved your request to build a new custom ship, with no price cap."

"I'll want to be there for every step of the design and building process," Tondry replies. His eyes focus on a few spots in the gunmetal gray ceiling.

"Of course," Jekaan nods. "Also, since your previous design proved so handy, the design file of it will be used to create the new baseline Intelligence freighter craft. Madame Director would like to mention that if your new ship also turns out well, and is significantly different from the first, then you may be responsible for two production lines of Intelligence craft at some future point."

Tondry's eyes freeze. He blinks, then sits up. It is a fitting way to honor one of his greatest possessions. "Right," he says, pulling his rifle over and starting to clean it. "I'll do what I can."

"And she has also," Jekaan goes on. "Instructed me to tell you that you have your choice of current assignments. The first is to confirm or disprove the rumors that Navaria Tarkin is once again a Sith. The second is to lead Tau Team in a high profile assassination, so that Intelligence can broker a deal for experienced personnel."

Tondry runs a cleaning cloth over his rifle's cortosis ore barrel and looks at his reflection in the shiny metal. Navaria Tarkin, a Sith again? Was everything she said just a load of tall talk? Suddenly, Tondry has neither interest nor heart for either of these missions.

Here's a decision to escape for a while.

But the time for stewing in his own juices has passed. "Let me finish up with my new ship first," Tondry says, standing with his rifle in a firm grip. He stretches to his full height, which is a good head taller than Jekaan, and brushes down his black, short-sleeve civilian shirt. "And then I'll do both of them."

Jekaan acknowledges Tondry with a surprised nod. "I will so inform Madame Director," he says and leaves the way he came.

Tondry follows him after a few seconds. Both these missions are potential opportunities, and now it's time to move.

Time to attack, not escape.

(ooc) Okay, thus ends this thread. I really should archive it somewhere, somehow. Any comments, thoughts, questions? You're welcome to post them right here.

Fewdman
Oct 8th, 2000, 09:15:27 PM
I like it lots, well written, well thought out and well executed.

Big Bad Grey Wolf
Oct 8th, 2000, 09:40:25 PM
Does ne one here need a bounty hunter to help them out

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 8th, 2000, 10:04:40 PM
:: Hand hovers over the Archive Option::

Not bad.... I liked it a lot

Sniper Tondry
Oct 9th, 2000, 10:04:21 AM
BBGW: Okay, when I said comments, I meant comments about this RP. If you post random things like that inside finished RP threads, they're not likely to be seen nearly as much as they would if you posted it to a separate thread on the forum. If you could please rethink your advertisement strategy for my future threads I'd appreciate it.

DT: You're welcome to archive it if you liked it that much. I know I'd like to be able to read it again some time down the road.

Fewd: Actually, this wasn't thought out at all. It started off from a bust mission I was attempting back when Gue attacked Endor. Gue fried my ship (and nearly my character and the method he used to do it sticks in my teeth, which is why I slightly dislike the guy) and left me stranded. The whole thing was really developed from that random spot of bad luck.

But thank you for the compliment. :)

Darth Ogre
Oct 9th, 2000, 10:07:14 AM
OOC: I concur with DT. this is excellent reading and deserves to be placed in the archive forum, afetr people are finished commenting, I'm sure either he or myself will see to it, that this topic finds it's way there.

Dark Side Adept 327
Oct 9th, 2000, 10:08:02 AM
oh yeah, I remember that. You were really pissed that day. lol he destroyed your ship. get im ma!

Dr Quill
Oct 9th, 2000, 12:01:20 PM
Excellent writing. I like the idea of using your previous situation to build from. I've had cars I got that attached to in the past...

Lady DeVille
Oct 9th, 2000, 01:37:22 PM
ooc: good job to all, excellent writing! Hee hee, I'm so proud, but don't ask why...

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Oct 10th, 2000, 12:15:44 AM
TTT as requested by her Sniper friend ^_^

Ogre Mal Pannis
Oct 10th, 2000, 12:16:28 AM
Archive time is it?

Sniper Tondry
Oct 10th, 2000, 05:45:59 PM
Ogre: Yes, archive time it is. I believe I've gotten all the comments I'm going to for this thread, and if you or DT wouldn't mind storing it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
~Brian