PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt For Justice

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 5th, 2000, 11:04:58 PM
Kyle lands his ship at Docking bay 84 of Mos Eisly Spaceport.

"Now, to the Cantina to buy me some information, about the Dark Jedi that Murdered My father"

Kyle leaves the docking bay and heads towards the cantina of mos eisly

just before entering Kyle adjusts his saber and blaster and walks thru the doors.........

Nupraptor
Sep 5th, 2000, 11:19:17 PM
::Having a lot to think about, I had been traveling from one bar to another lately, in search of the strongest drink so that I wouldn't have to think about anything. Finally, I had come to my favorite place to get a drink in the whole system: Mos Eisley. Sitting in the cantina, sipping one a glass of I-don't-know-what, I notice a somewhat familiar figure walk in. He looks so normal that he actually stands out. Definitely one to keep an eye on::

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 6th, 2000, 10:08:13 PM
Kyle walks in and steps up to the bar

"Hey Barkeep" Kyle waves a credit at him

the barkeep swaggers over to Kyle's postion

Kyle leans over the bar, "I need some information and am willing to pay for it"

the barkeep looks at Kyle and then at the credits

"it'll cost you more then that buddy, look around you this place has some of the most wanted scum in the galaxy"

Kyle: I am willing to pay top dollar, now point me in the right direction

Barkeep: figure it out for your self
the barkeep turns to walk away

Kyle: Hey!, Kyle pushes his way thru the crowd to the other side of the bar in doing so several customers are forced to drop their drinks..

Kyle gets around to the barkeep again but before he can continue his questions a hand grabs his shoulder......

Nupraptor
Sep 6th, 2000, 10:12:57 PM
OOC: Let me know if this messes with anything you were going to do.

::standing behind Kyle with my hand on his shoulder, I begin to talk::

"Keep that up, mister, and you won't live long enough to put any information to good use. Tell you what... let's go outside and have a talk. I may be able to help you."

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 6th, 2000, 10:19:47 PM
ooc actually i left it open like that to see or anyone else wanted to jump in.

IC:

Kyle turns to see Nupraptor standing behind him, he looks back towards the barkeep but he has disappeared for the moment,

Kyle: very well Nup lets go out side and talk, its getting a bit stuffy in here anyway

Nupraptor and Kyle Katarn leave the establishment

Nupraptor
Sep 6th, 2000, 10:25:26 PM
::We walk hurriedly out the Cantina before any of the patrons get it in their heads to become... unfriendly. Once we're outside, I look at Kyle for a full minute, trying to study his features::

Kyle: "What?"

::shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I respond::

"Nothing. It's just that you remind me of someone. I don't know who, though. Now, what is it that was so important that you were willing to risk you neck in there to find out?"

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 6th, 2000, 10:32:24 PM
a few years ago my father was killed by a dark jedi, all I know is that this dark one was very powerful

my father was the keeper of the valley of the Jedi, the place where the "souls" of the jedi go when they die, and it is said that if someone can find the valley then they can draw on the power of the fallen jedi and add it to their own

I am looking for the person that killed him for the location of the valley, i do know that he did not give out the location

Nupraptor
Sep 6th, 2000, 10:42:36 PM
::My jaw drops a few inches::

" That's where I know you from! Your father... was his name Morgan? I knew him!"

::then, realization dawns on me::

"He was... murdered?"

::I hang my head::

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 6th, 2000, 11:12:21 PM
that is what i am told, i was not there when it happened but i received a anonymous communication that he was murdered by a Jedi of the Dark Side, i guess i really should investigate it further.

you knew my father? i am sorry but he never spoke of you, how well did you know him??? i had not spoken to my father for many years, is there anything you can tell me of his life

Nupraptor
Sep 6th, 2000, 11:22:51 PM
"We were more like buisness friends. Back then, I was a merc. He hired me to help him with numerous things over the years. I think I even heard him mention this Valley you speak of once. But that's it. He said that he needed to find it, and that this was one job that I could not help him on. He was a very dedicated man, and no truer a Jedi could there be."

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 6th, 2000, 11:33:08 PM
kyle listens to nups words

I understand, i don't really know what i can do now, maybe if we find the valley i can ask my father, but i don't even know where to start looking

ooc: last post off of the air

Nupraptor
Sep 6th, 2000, 11:37:57 PM
ooc: off of the air?

JediMaster Skywalker
Sep 8th, 2000, 10:56:50 PM
Kyle stands in the street talking with Nup. when his communicator beeps indicating a transmission.

Go ahead Jan Jan Ors, Kyle's Co-pilot informs Kyle of some interesting news.

Jan: Kyle, we received a communication from an unknown source indicating that there is information for you in the Moddell Sector on the planet Vjun. I have the coordinates just yell when you are ready to go.

Jediknight Katarn

James Casey
Sep 8th, 2000, 11:02:28 PM
::James walk's out from an alley, meeting up with the two Jedi.:: How do you know he was murdered? Is there any proof?

Nupraptor
Sep 8th, 2000, 11:02:42 PM
OOC: For the sake of the story here, I'm going to continue to use Nup here.

"Looks like you got yourself a lead. I want to come with you, and find out what happened to Morgan. And to protect this 'Valley of the Jedi', if need be."

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 8th, 2000, 11:14:01 PM
I would welcome the help Nup, and yes the evidence has been with me for a number of years, that my father was murdered just after his death i was sent a holo recording his last moments though the image of the Dark Jedi that killed him was distorted beyond recognition and so well done that no technical gear has been able to clear up the image

James Casey
Sep 8th, 2000, 11:17:58 PM
Sorry I wont be joinning you on your journey. My only reason for being here is the stop over of the transport to earth. I hard you were here and wanted to wish you luck. Hope you find what you are looking for. ::Casey turn's back into the alley and disappear's into the darkness.::

Nupraptor
Sep 8th, 2000, 11:19:19 PM
"After you..."

JediMaster Skywalker
Sep 8th, 2000, 11:31:05 PM
i would join you but in the middle of a fight....whoopee

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 8th, 2000, 11:44:43 PM
nup and kyle head over to the docking bay...

ok nup whose ship do you want to take?

Nupraptor
Sep 8th, 2000, 11:49:28 PM
"Whatever is the cheapest, I'd suppose. I'm just tagging along. You're the one that knows where to go."

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 8th, 2000, 11:52:55 PM
Kyle contacts Jan, his co-pilot, ok, jan heat her up and get ready for liftoff we are on our way and btw, we are going to have a guest, I'll explain later.

Kyle and nup board kyles ship and strap them selves in, after a few minutes they are in orbit and head into light speed headed towards the moddell sector.......

Nupraptor
Sep 9th, 2000, 12:07:17 AM
::sitting onboard the ship, strapped in, I decide to try and start a conversation::

"What do you know of this Valley? And why is it so important that you find it? Things lost are generally lost for a reason..."

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 9th, 2000, 12:34:10 AM
the valley of the jedi is like the jedi's version of heaven.

it is said to hold the souls of fallen jedi

it is also said that if someone can find the valley then they could take the powers of those jedi....the dark jedi that killed my father was after the map to this valley which my father had, i checked for the map after my father died but i couldn't find it so someone must have acquired it or my father may have destroyed it.

yes you are right that it is lost of a reason, if the wrong person were to find it they could become a very powerful force user...

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 9th, 2000, 12:42:31 PM
kyles ship comes out of hyperspace and orbits the planet Vjun

"ok, jan lets get all the scans possible on this planet before landing, I don't want any surprises

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 9th, 2000, 07:22:58 PM
Jan Ors: Kyle we are receiving an incoming communication, audio only, but its not coming from the planet..source unknown
over comm: Katarn you are to fly to the Kothlis sector and you will be given further instructions there........ the communications ends...

Kyle: ok jan get us out of here....

Kyle and his partners enter hyperspace enroute to Kothlis

Nupraptor
Sep 9th, 2000, 07:30:38 PM
"What the heck is all this about? Who on earth is that?"

::thinks for a moment::

"I guess we don't really have any other choice. You're the leader here. I'm just you're backup."

JediMaster Skywalker
Sep 9th, 2000, 07:45:28 PM
ooc: kothlis where is that

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 9th, 2000, 07:48:33 PM
that was the voice of the person that has the information i need.

retrieving information on Kothlis:

<font color = red>
Kothlis is a colony world of the alien species called Bothans. New Republic Councilor Borsk Fey'lya grew up on this colony world, instead of on the Bothan
homeworld of Bothawui. Prior to the Battle of Endor, Bothan spies captured an Imperial freighter carrying highly-classified data about the second Death Star.
The Bothan space station Kothlis II, orbiting near Kothlis, allowed the stolen freighter to dock and take on supplies. The Empire soon seized this station,
searching for any evidence of the classified information.</font>

Nupraptor
Sep 9th, 2000, 08:01:48 PM
::frowns, hearing the report::

"Doesn't exactly sound like a friendly place. I think it's best to keep on our toes there. I doubt that this informant has our best interests in mind."

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 9th, 2000, 08:47:16 PM
i agree nup, we should be ready for any surprises

the ship exits hyperspace, kyle Docks the ship with the space station.

the landing ramp extends and Kyle and Nup exit the space craft.once on the space station Jan closes the exit ramp and communicates to Kyle

Jan: ok, kyle I'll standby here, yell if you need anyhelp, in the mean time i will run a system wide scan of this sector and see if there are any surprises waiting for us.....

Kyle: ok, jan I don't think we will be too long.

Lets go Nup, I have a feeling what we need is inside the main computer core.....

The Smeep King
Sep 9th, 2000, 09:45:23 PM
::We exit the ship, and stand outside for a moment, examining our surroundings. My mechanical eye scans the area, trying to isolate any potential threats::

"It seems pretty dead around here. I think it's safe."

::I loosen the latch holding my LS in place, and wrap my hand around it, making sure it's ready if I need it::

"Let's go."

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to switch SN.

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 9th, 2000, 11:02:46 PM
Kyle and Nup head down one of the corridors, as they round the corridore, blaster fire errupts at them, the quickly duck back around the corner.

Kyle peeks his head around the corner and notices a turrent set in the ceiling...

turns to nup...Looks like the internal defenses are still active..hmm must be set up as a motion or heat detection system.

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 10th, 2000, 01:41:44 PM
kyle peeks his head around the corner and notices the turrent scanning the corridor.

Kyle scans the corridor, there are door alcoves set about every 5 feet.

Kyle turns to Nup: cover me I'm going to head to that next alcove on the right

Kyle enters the corridor and takes off towards the alcove, the turrents starts locking in on the moving target when nup jumps out from behind the corridor and starts blasting at the turrent. the turrent seeing two targets fires at at the target with the exposed weapon .

Nup ducks back behind the corner as Kyle reaches the alcove and ducks inside of it.

Nupraptor
Sep 10th, 2000, 02:12:15 PM
::I sit behind the corner, crouched, trying to think of a way to destroy the turret. getting an idea, I call out to Kyle::

"Heat sensitive, huh? Hey, Kyle! Take cover, I'm going to try to blow this thing up!"

::I detach my LS from my belt, igniting one blade. Stepping from around the corner, the turret begins to fire upon me immediately. Using my weapon, I deflect each of the blasts. But doing so makes it impossible for me to make progress forward. I close my eyes, letting the Force guide my actions. I draw upon it so I may have the strength to do both things at once::

"Hope you're away from this, Kyle..."

::With that, the air around me erupts in flame, creating an orb of fire around my body. The huge amount of heat everywhere throws off the turret's sensors, causing it to go wild and shoot in every direction. Letting the fire die down, I dash over to the turret and slash it in half with my LS::

"Ok, looks like that's that. Let's move on."

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 10th, 2000, 03:01:46 PM
Kyle and Nup make their way down the corridor checking each intersection for more of the turrents they quicly come to a door marked Authorized Personnel Only

Kyle:Well this looks promising.

Kyle tries the door....locked Kyle takes his lightsaber out and ignites it.

He inserts the lit saber thru the door and cuts thru the locking mechanisms...the door opens...

Kyle and Nup enter the room which is totally dark, only the glow of Kyle's Saber illumanates the area infront of them.

Nupraptor
Sep 10th, 2000, 03:23:49 PM
::my artificial eye's puil widens and scans the room, magnifying the light in the room in a manner similar to that of nightvision goggles. I spot a computer console in the back of the room, and point to it, forgetting that Kyle probably can't see it::

"Over there. Let's check that out."

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 10th, 2000, 03:42:32 PM
kyle makes his way to the computer terminal and starts trying to access the archived files...

Kyle watches as each file scrolls past on the screen when he sees something that proves to be most promising.

Vally of the Jedi

Kyle looks at who the files was last accessed by

Kyle downloads the file onto a datapad and turns back to nup....lets get the heck out of here, according to the file it was last accessed by some one named jerec less then 3 days ago..we may already be too late, depending on how long it takes to open the file and decipher it to current astrological settings.....lets go....

Kyle and Nup head back towards the landing bay of the station.

Nupraptor
Sep 10th, 2000, 03:46:44 PM
::running back to the ship, I speak to Kyle::

"Do you have a doid that can decipher that? If not, I know where we can find one..."

JediMaster Skywalker
Sep 10th, 2000, 03:58:31 PM
ya go for 3po <j/k>

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 10th, 2000, 04:00:37 PM
good as soon as we get out of the station we will need that droid.

communication to Jan

Kyle:Jan we are coming back get ready to get out of here

Jan:got ya kyle ready as soon as you get here

Kyle and nup board the ship and jan lifts off and they exit the station.....

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 10th, 2000, 11:24:42 PM
Turns to Nup...

"ok, where do we go for that droid?"

Nupraptor
Sep 11th, 2000, 12:21:32 AM
"I hate to say this, but it's all the way back in Mos Eisley. I left it behind. But I know it can do the job: that little 'droid can translate anything."

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 11th, 2000, 11:16:54 PM
kyle enters the coordinates for tatooine and they enter hyperspace..........

Nupraptor
Sep 11th, 2000, 11:22:35 PM
::While onboard the ship, I describe the location of my temporary housing on tatooine, where he can find my R5 unit. When we land, I pull up my hood and speak::

"While we're here, I need to finish something. Don't wait up on my account."

Ket Limelight
Sep 11th, 2000, 11:33:36 PM
Ah yes...the ever elusive Ket Limelight. He was standing outside the cantina of Mos Eisly,quietly observing the hustle and bustle on the street. The twin suns of Tatooine were starting to set,the burning heat begining to die down. Ket was almost always on Tatooine,as this was his homeworld. It was here he learned to fight,and here he first learned of the force. But that was past memory creeping up to him. Ket's mind settled back to his buisness at hand. But just then,he could feel the shimmers of the light in the force begin to grow a bit stronger.

Jedi,he thought to himself, It must be the Jedi..

Why they were here,he did not know. Tatooine became somewhat of a famous world in the galaxy. Home to such as Luke Skywalkser amoung some of the names. But he silently decided to see what brought the jedi here on this particular occasion. And so with that thought,Ket put his dark hood up and followed the presance he sensed in the force.

Jedi Knight Katarn
Sep 12th, 2000, 12:09:36 AM
Kyle exits the ship and makes his may to Nups "secret Hideout?" there he has the r5 droid access the file he down loaded from the station.....

the droid's holographic emiter plays a message for Kyle.from his father.....

Morgan Katarn- I am Morgan Katarn - JediKnight - and this message is for my son Kyle..... the holographic flickers and continues Kyle my son i know that you search for the Valley in hopes to find me and find out who murdered me. I have relocated the valley, with the help of the spirits that rest there, there is no map to its location and the only one's that know of its existance are me and the Jedi that reside there.....You have been told a lie Kyle....I was not murdered, how do i know this you ask, because after I relocated the valley I lit my sword and destroyed the only person that new the location to the valley....me....I am sorry my son, but it was the only way to protect the valley from evil...now go and become a jedi my son like your father before you................the image fades

Kyle:[i]I can't believe this, my father......killed himself?.....no but in his own words he told me this....he must have done it just after recording this for me...but how did he know to get it put on that station???? All this running around for nothing? Damn!!!....

Kyle heads back to his ship, but first he decides to head for the cantina for a drink..............